• Published 24th Jun 2017
  • 5,732 Views, 323 Comments

Trojan Pony - Hawker Hurricane



History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

  • ...
34
 323
 5,732

Chapter - 14 - Slumber Party

A few weeks had passed since my workshop opened and things were well under way towards making my own internal combustion engine. It had been quite troublesome at first trying to get all the components made, but quicker than I was expecting, enough were made of each part to allow me to get cracking.

Which would be easier if I didn't have the nosy locals interrupting me every hour of the sodding day.

Anyway, I was walking through town on my way to a corner shop get the day's newspaper and another pint of milk.

I can't work without a brew.

I had made it to the shop and went inside, picking up a copy of The Equestrian Times at the door with my magic, before heading to the fridges at the back where the milk was. I grabbed a six pint carton of full fat whole milk with my magic and headed to the tills to pay, also grabbing some bars of wholenut chocolate on the way. I made it to the till where I handed the cashier my items, when I noticed her scrunching her nose up in disgust.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Err....well, you're filthy. And you smell."

I admired and respected her bluntness and I looked back at my body and fair enough I was covered in oil and grease from working with machines all morning.

"Yeah, I've been working. I'll need a good bath tonight."

"Or two," the cashier snipped.

"I'm not that dirty."

"Dirty enough, anyway, that'll be four bits eighty pence please."

I levitated over a five bit note which she took in her own magic, before giving me my change which I put into the charity box.

"Thank you, sir."

"You're welcome."

I trotted out of the store to head over to Rarity's boutique. I may as well check up on my commission of a boiler suit while I'm out. It didn't take long for me to get there and I rang to door bell. Within second's, the door opened.

"Good afternoon," she began, oblivious to my state, "Welcome to Carousel Boutique where everything is- ARGH!"

"Hey Rarity," I replied happily, pretending to be oblivious to my grease and oil covered body, "I came about the boiler suit?"

"C-Couldn't you have waited until AFTER you had a bath?" she wailed.

I rolled my eyes, "It's only a little dirt."

Rarity spluttered incomprehensibly, "It most certainly is NOT just 'a little dirt'! You are having a bath this very instant!"

"But-"

Before I could continue, I was grabbed my Rarity's magic and taken inside and upstairs to the bathroom where I was dumped inside the bath. Rarity switched on the taps before going over to her collection of lotions and whatnot.

"I will not have anypony in my boutique smell of grease and oil and getting everything all dirty."

She walked back over and pulled out a bottle of lotion, "I think some lavender will suit you."

"I don't want to smell like a mare!"

"You will smell however I decide when you are in my boutique. Honestly Vlad, do you not take pride in your appearance?"

"I shower every day!"

"When was the last time you had a bath though?"

"Errrr....several years?"

Rarity poured the entire bottle in, never once taking her eyes off of me, "You will have a proper bath. I will return in thirty minutes. If I am not satisfied, I shall give you another one myself."

Rarity left without another word, leaving me to bath in my own dirt. Not particularly wanting to suffer the indignity of Rarity giving me a bath, I got on with cleaning myself, grabbing a clean sponge Rarity had also provided.


Thirty minutes later, I was just finishing drying myself when the mare herself returned.

"Well," she began, "Things certainly smell much better than before, I think you are now in acceptable condition to walk around my boutique."

"You know I'll only get dirty again?"

"Not in my boutique you won't. Now come on, your boiler suit is downstairs."

I followed Rarity downstairs into the main store area. I couldn't see my boiler suit anywhere, only extravagant ball gowns and dresses of all kinds, and the occasional suit.

"Just wait here darling, I'll be back in a moment."

Rarity trotted off leaving me on my own. Rather than just standing around waiting for a Royal Invite I decided to have a look around, if only to see more closely Rarity's handiwork. As annoying as she was, there was no doubting her talents. Something I experienced first hoof.

I still shudder at the memory of that.

I would throw that dress out but I get the dreadful feeling that if I do I will have an angry fashionista smashing my front door in followed by my face.

I was looking at one dress in particular, a full length silver effort, when I felt my nose twitch.

Uh-oh.

It twitched again.

Before I could turn away or even cover my nose, it happened.

I sneezed.

After a few seconds I nervously opened my eyes and I saw a sight that mortified me.

Green snot and bogies had made themselves at home on Rarity's dress.

"Oh Apollo darling!"

My eyes went to pin pricks and I'm pretty sure my heart missed a beat.

I am so dead.

I didn't even have time to cast an illusion spell to hide the snot.

"There you are," she said happily, "Interested in more dresses, are we?"

"NO! YES! NO! I MEAN-"

"There's no need to yell darling, I won't judge. Are you interested in this dress in particular?"

I suppose I could buy it, still hiding the snot, take it home and burn it thus preserving my very existence.

"Yes."

"As supportive as I am of your...choice in clothing, it is designed for a mare of smaller stature. I could make adjustments but if I did I may as well make a new dress from scratch."

"It's not for me, it's for.....a mare I met."

Her eyes lit up like diamonds, "Oh you must tell me darling. Who is this lucky mare?"

"I'd...rather not say, yet," I replied, hoping she would buy it.

"But I can give you some advice. And if you describe her appearance, I could let you know if this is the dress for her."

"It is. I know."

"Oh?" Rarity replied, with an unnerving smile, "I never knew your interest was so strong."

"I'm not interested in such things," I replied, knowing she wouldn't believe it, "I just...know, this is the dress for her."

Rarity continued to look at me for several more seconds, her eerie smile not faltering once, "Well, if you say so darling. I shall go an get a protective box for it to go in. You wouldn't want it to get dirty now...would we?"

"No Rarity, that would be awful," I replied, smiling and not trying to let my guard down.

"Splendid, I shall leave you alone again once more, I shall be back shortly."

Rarity left and after she rounded the corner, I quickly took the dress down and began to fold it in a way that the snot would be hidden. After my last 'modelling session', Rarity had me practice folding them 'correctly' after I just threw it into a wardrobe. Rarity damn nearly blew a gasket when she saw me do that. Anyway, fortunately, the snot was hidden.

A few seconds later, Rarity returned with a box.

"Oh darling, you must be eager to buy it," she said noting me having the folded dress in my magic.

"Well you know me, I like to get on with things."

"Indeed you do," she replied, levitating the box over to me, allowing me to put the dress inside.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome darling," she replied, securing the lid in place with purple ribbon she tied into a bow, "Now, your far less glamorous boiler suit."

From another, larger, box, she removed the lid and took out my boiler suit in navy blue and a hard hat. The latter of which I wasn't expecting.

"Here you are darling," she said happily, "If you could try them on, I can see if any adjustments need to be made."

"Sure."

With a bit of help from Rarity, I managed to get all four legs into the sleeves and button the suit up. Looking at myself in the mirror, it certainly made me look the part.

"I can't see anything else that needs doing," Rarity said, placing the hard hat on my head, "You look quite the engineer now."

"I looked like one before."

Rarity frowned, "Darling, before you looked like you hadn't washed in months, at least now you can finish working and go out without reeking of grease and oil."

"Yeah, now I reek of lavender and rosemary."

"You do not reek, you smell divine."

"I'll have to go for a swim in some pig slurry to get rid of the smell."

Rarity rolled her eyes, "Stop being such a drama queen."

"A bit rich coming from you."

Rarity turned to me with a fierce scowl, "If you would like to remain for even longer and model dresses then-"

"NO! No, I mean, you're right."

"Excellent" she replied, returning to her cheery self, "Now, if you'll follow me, we shall see how much this little shopping spree will cost."

"Sure," I replied, "Just let me take off the suit first."

A minute or so later, I was with Rarity at her ledger desk where she handed me my bill.

The boiler suit was the fifty bits I was originally quoted.

But the dress I had to buy to avoid my life being ended, was eye-wateringly painful.

Of all the dresses I had to sneeze on, it just had to be one that was 'in-season' and made of exquisite materials.

"That will be two thousand two hundred and fifty bits."

I, feeling sick to my stomach and like all life had been drained from me, levitated over my credit card. Good thing it had a five thousand bit limit.

"Thank you darling," Rarity replied, taking the card and inserting it into a magic crystal version of chip and pin. I tapped in my number and, after the receipts printed off, Rarity put them in my bags and levitated them over top me.

"Here you are, darling. If you ever need anything else, suits, shirts, dresses...dry cleaning, you know where to find me."

"Of course. Thanks again Rarity. You're a great friend."

"Thank you, Apollo. Speaking of friends, there is a get together tonight at the library with the rest of my friends. Why not join us?"

"Errr...."

"Don't worry about Twilight, she won't pester you."

"How can you be sure?"

"We made her Pinkie Promise."

I just blinked, "You got her to Pinkie Promise? Even though you couldn't be sure for certain I would attend?"

"Well-"

"I'm not going," I replied firmly, turning around and leaving, "Good day, m'lady."

"Very well," Rarity replied, "I'll just have to tell Rainbow Dash that you felt you couldn't beat her in a drinking contest."

What?

"What?" I asked, turning around.

"There will be plenty of alcohol available, including whiskey. But if you don't-"

"I'll be there," i replied quickly, "What time?"

"6pm."

"I'll see you then. Goodbye."

"Goodbye darling."

I left her store and quickly made my way home, ignoring everyone only to bump into a certain blue Pegasus on the way just yards from my front door.

"Hey Apollo."

"Hey Dashie, you OK?"

"I'm cool. Have you been to Rarity's? I recognise the bags."

"Just a boiler suit for my workshop," I replied, lifting the box in question.

"Cool. What else? You have two bags."

"Nothing important," I replied, continuing on.

"Come on," she whined, flying down next to me, "You can show your pal, Rainbow 'Loyal' Dash!"

"I thought your middle name was 'Danger'?"

"Just show me."

"No."

"Show meeeeee!" she whined, trying the puppy dog eyes, "And why do you smell of lavender?"

I continued walking, and in my haste I forgot that Rainbow could move quite a bit faster than I could.

"Yoink!"

Before I knew it she had grabbed the other box, untied the ribbon and opened the box.

A part of me died inside.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I sighed deeply.

Why does this crazy shit keep happening to me?

I looked up to see Rainbow still laughing, the box and its contents now on the floor. I put the dress back inside the box and stormed off in a huff, pissed off that these damn ponies always seem to have the upper hoof.

"Hey, come on Apollo! I was only joking! I couldn't care less what you like wearing!"

"I didn't buy it to wear it!" I seethed through gritted teeth, "I bought it to avoid Rarity's wrath!"

"Really?"

"Yes. I accidentally sneezed on it while Rarity was elsewhere, I didn't have time to sort it out so I did the only thing i could do, buy it."

"Did Rarity see the damage?"

"If she did, would I be standing here?"

"Did you read the note inside?" she asked with a smirk, one that made me nervous.

"What note?"

Rainbow walked over to the box and opened it and hoofed over the said note.

"See you later!"

She flew off, leaving me to read the note.

Dear Apollo,

I'm enjoyed your company earlier and am flattered that you show such a vested interest in my wares. I know you have been having a tough time, but please do remember your friends are here to help you.

Your friend,

Rarity.

PS: I cleaned the dress. As valiant as your attempt was to hide what had happened, did you honestly think you could prevent me from noticing? I heard you sneeze. It didn't take much effort to put two and two together. I didn't charge for the dress, but keep it anyway, because I believe you were being truthful when you said you've met a mare you like.

Consider it a gift from me.

I just blinked.

"SHE KNEW THE ENTIRE TIME!"


"You can't hide things from a mare, darling Apollo. Especially me."


A few hours later, I found myself outside the library, a couple of bottles of whiskey in my magic. It would be rude to turn up empty hoofed. Against my better judgement, I knocked on the door.

A few seconds later, it opened.

"Hey Apollo."

"Hey Spike."

"Party's getting started, come on in."

Spike moved aside, allowing me inside, "Here you go kid, enjoy."

Spike caught what I threw to him and his eyes almost boggled out of their sockets. Squealing in joy, he shut the door and ran up to his room.

"What was that about?" asked Twilight as I approached the girls.

"I just got him the latest limited edition Power Ponies comic."

Twilight's eyes widened, "That's...generous of you."

"What can I say? I had a miserable childhood, I'd hate to see other kids have the same one."

"Well....I appreciate it. Thank you."

"You're welcome," I replied, "By the way, I brought some Griffon whiskey."

"Great, I'll put it with the other drinks. There's just Rarity to arrive."

Rarity.

I really need to be more careful around that mare.

She's far more intelligent than she let's on.

"Great," I replied with a forced smile, "Can't wait."

"The others are already here."

I followed her and sure enough saw Fluttershy, Pinkie, Applejack and Rainbow.

The latter of which smirked the moment she saw me.

"Hey Apollo," she said, holding back laughter, "I thought you would have been, all dressed up?"

I deadpanned.

She continued laughing as I walked over to Pinkie and Applejack. The latter of which I had been on more cordial terms with. We still kept our distance, but we weren't at each other's throats. And in regards to her 500 bit fine, it took reinforcements from Dash and Apple Bloom for her to accept my offer of paying it.

She's too stubborn for her own good at times.

"Hey."

"Hey partner," she said tiredly, "Been busy?"

I nodded, "Putting together an internal combustion engine. Just hitting a few snags."

"Oh? Such as?"

"I managed to put together a four stroke engine but I'm having trouble with the spark plugs. They're not working meaning they're not igniting the fuel."

"Do you know why that is?"

"Not yet. I'll run some more tests tomorrow. Now, I just want to have a few drinks and enjoy the night."

"Well, I hope yah do solve your...thingamajig. And Twilight's planned a game of Trivia Trot later on. After a game of truth or dare."

I rolled my eyes. That should be an interesting game. May whatever God exists help me if I end up with Dash spinning the bottle on me.

Whether she chose truth or dare, I had a strong feeling what she would have in mind.

"That should be.....interesting."

"Aye, anyway, come on over; Fluttershy's here."

I followed the apple lover and before I could make a noise from my squeal hole, Fluttershy launched herself at me, wrapping me in a tight bear hug.

It was rather unexpected.

But welcome.

"Hey Fluttershy, nice to see you," I replied returning the hug.

"I haven't seen you in ages," she replied, letting go, "You spend so much time in your workshop."

"Well it is my job after all, I don't get paid to sit on my plot all day."

"Could have fooled me."

"Says you," I replied, looking over to the mare who needn't be identified, "How many naps do you have in a day?"

"Several, but I do a physically demanding job, it tires me out. You do egg heady stuff."

"Engineering is tiring work," I replied, "Proper hard graft, not like moving around some light, fluffy clouds to rain on my parade."

"Keep talking buster and it will be a torrential downpour."

"Alright alright, calm down everypony," Applejack replied, "No need to get yer tails in a twist."

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"I'll get it!" Spike yelled, running from out of nowhere.

No guesses why he's so eager to answer the door.

"Rarity!"

"Hello Spikey Wikey," she said, kissing his forehead, almost causing him to faint, "Hello everypony."

Rarity walked in and shut the door, Spike to pre-occupied daydreaming to do so. Rarity approached us and pulled out her own gifts she brought.

Please be booze.

To my delight, she pulled out a bottle of red wine made in the vine yards south of San Franciscolt. The others said hi, before she turned to me.

"Hello, darling."

"Hello, Rarity. Had a nice day since our....chat?"

"A most lovely day. I take it you have too?"

"Most splendid," I replied with a fake smile, trying not to go into a rant at how a prissy drama-queen pulled one over me.

"Wonderful darling."

"Now that everypony is here," Twilight began, "Why don't we start on snacks and games?"


Truth or dare.

Seriously.

Well, the sooner we start, the sooner it ends and we can move on to Trivia Trot. At least with that I can exercise some brain cells.

"I call dibs on going first!"

"Rainbow!" Rarity scolded, "That's no way for a lady to behave."

"Well Dash isn't exactly a lady."

"And what the hay is that supposed to mean?" she asked stroppily, her hooves on her hips.

"You're not really one for grace and decorum," I replied.

"Ah have ta agree there."

"Whatever," Dash replied, "Let's just play."

"I think Apollo should go first," Fluttershy added, "He is the only stallion here, and it is his first slumber party with us."

"I agree," added Rarity.

"So do I," added Twilight, turning to me, "Is that OK?"

"Sure," I said, taking the bottle from her.

Everyone say down in a circle, except for Spike who had gone up to his room to read his new comic, And I put the bottle down on the ground and gave it a spin.

It pointed at Pinkie.

"Truth or dare, Pinkie?"

"Hmmm....dare."

"I dare you to go all day tomorrow without eating any cake."

Pinkie gasped in intense fright, "That's....that's horrible! I can't do that!"

"You have to," i replied, "I dared you."

Pinkie began breathing heavily before quickly calming down and going back ti her usual perky self, "You're right. A dare is a dare."

"Right," Twilight said, "Next is Rarity."

Rarity spun the bottle and it landed in Rainbow.

"Truth."

"Do you have a crush on Apollo?"

"WHAT?!" Dash and I said together.

"NO!" Dash added, "He's a cool guy but I don't think of him like that. No offence buddy."

"None taken," I replied.

The game went on a little more, with truths and dares involving revealing your school crush or doing a silly dance, which I dared Rainbow to do. All I had to do was reveal truths such as what would I do if I was the opposite gender for a day and when was the most inappropriate time I farted? The latter of which was asked by Rainbow.

Then it was Dash's turn again.

And guess who the bottle pointed at?

Rainbow rubbed her hooves together and grinned like a maniac.

Whatever she had planned, I knew I wasn't going to like it.

Whichever option I chose.

"Dare."

"I dare you to.......kiss Twilight."

"WHAT?!" everyone else in the room yelled.

"I'm not doing that!"

"Fine," Rainbow replied, "Then I dare you to model dresses for Rarity for the next month."

I looked for Twilight.

I stood up and slowly walked over.

Twilight remained sat on her plot, a faint shade of pink on her cheeks. I moved in closer, but slowly; to allow her to move away if she wanted. But she didn't.

I kissed her.

A small peck on the cheek.

Her blush intensified and I turned away to return back top my spot and sat down.

"That was it?" Rainbow complained, clearly expecting more.

"Must you always be so uncouth?"

"I said a kiss, not a lame peck."

"In that case," I said spinning the bottle and definitely not deliberately stopping it so it pointed at Rainbow, "I dare you to kiss Rarity."

"WHAT?!"

"I beg your pardon you uncouth ruffian!"

"You can't do that! It wasn't your turn."

"There's nothing in the rule book that says turns have to be taken in the same order."

"He's right Dashie," replied Pinkie, holding up a book titled Truth or Dare: The Rules.

"So, Dashiekins, what will it be? Kiss Rarity? Or model dresses for her for a month?"

Rainbow gritted her teeth angrily at me, clearly thinking of all manner of unpleasantries she intended to inflict upon me.

"Oh for goodness sake," Rarity huffed, standing up and throwing herself at Rainbow.

They both landed on the ground with a thud, with Rarity smothering Rainbow and using for than just her hooves.

She went in with her tongue too.

After several seconds of watching two mares play tonsil hockey, Rarity finally let go and stood back up and returned to her seat. Rainbow remained lying on her back, wings stiff as ironing boards, still in shock at what had just happened. Just like the rest of us.

Rarity, finally realising we were staring at her, just shrugged her shoulders.

"What?"


Not long afterwards, it was time for Trivia Trot.

Pinkie was rather insistent on asking the questions, and to decide who would be paired with who, lots were drawn.

Guess who I was with?

I don't know who was more disappointed. Myself or Twilight?

"Just leave the answering to me," she said muttered.

"Newsflash Sparkles, but you're not the only know-it-all here."

"I know far more than you. And don't call me Sparkles!"

"I'm not going to stay silent if I know the answer and you don't. Stop assuming you're the only one that knows things!"

"Why don't you just-"

"Have you two finished?"

Twilight and I looked up to see the others looking at us, Applejack had asked the question.

"We were just discussing tactics," I replied, casting a sideways glare at Twilight.

"We're not deaf, Little Bunny," Rarity replied, looking deeply unamused, "We all could hear you."

I bit down my tongue to avoid reacting angrily to that irritating nickname. Is it so difficult to address me by my name?

"I was just trying to tell Apollo to let me answer the questions," Twilight replied with a hint of smugness, "I am an expert at this game after all."

"Be that as it may, Twilight," Applejack said, "Apollo is still on yer team, and he may very well know answers to questions that you don't."

That surprised me, Applejack coming to my defence. She could be quite on the point when she wasn't being so damn stubborn and prideful.

Twilight scowled and crossed her hooves grumpily, refusing to look me in the eye.

This is going to be a long night.


We were half way through the game and it turned it worse than I expected. We weren't winning, mostly because Twilight kept answering questions before I could even move to press the buzzer, answering some questions incorrectly when it was obvious she didn't know the answer and I did. I think the others were picking up on my growing anger, but they said nothing.

"Next question," Pinkie said, the only one oblivious to the situation....I think.

I took a quick glance to Twilight, who was still determined to answer everything herself.

"The increase in a moving fluid's pressure over its static value due to motion, is known as what?"

Of course I knew the answer.

I went to press the buzzed but found my hoof forcibly moved away my a pinkish aura, and a violet hoof on the buzzer.

"Fluid differential," Sparkle Butt said smugly, her eyes shut and snout in the air.

It took every iota of restraint not to plant a hoof in her smug face.

"Wrong!" Pinkie replied.

Twilight's smug look instantly disappeared and was replaced with shock.

"But but-"

"The correct answer is-" Pinkie started.

"Dynamic pressure," I finished.

"Correct!" Pinkie replied, "You should have let Apollo answer, Twilight; now you lose a point for giving an incorrect answer."

We all watched as we were docked a point, putting us on 40 points. Twenty behind Applejack and Rainbow. If we were to win, we would have to answer every question in the last round correctly, and hope Cowgirl and Skittles get at least all of them wrong.

Unlikely.

I glanced over to Twilight who was scowling at me.

"What?" I asked, "You're the one who stopped me from answering, and several other questions. We would most likely be a country mile in front had you not been so selfish."

"I am not being selfish," she snapped, "I am trying to win a game of Trivia Trot made all the more difficult when I've been paired with a delusional stallion who thinks we orbit the sun!"

"We do."

"Why do you have to contradict everything we know is FACT!"

"Because your facts are wrong, and believe me the day will come when you'll see just how wrong you are and that Celestia has been lying to you."

"THAT'S PRINCESS CELESTIA TO YOU! AND DON'T YOU DARE CALL HER A LIAR!"

"Celestia is a manipulative chess master who could screw you over six ways from Sunday before you even move your pawns. Open up your eyes, Twilight. Celestia uses others for her own means, you included."

"WHY YOU LITTLE-"

"BOTH OF YER! CAN IT!"

We both looked over to Applejack. In my spat with Teacher's Pet I hadn't noticed the others looking at us in disappointment. Applejack moved towards us though, looking quite cross, soon followed by the others.

"Yer both acting like little foals squabbling over toys."

"I'm not the egotistical know-it-all who can't accept-"

"Apollo!" Applejack yelled, immediately shutting me up.

"Now," she continued, "If neither of you can play civilly, then maybe we should end the game and all go home."

Twilight and I glared icy daggers at each other, neither of us saying a word while the others returned to their seats.

The game moved to its final round, though neither Twilight or I made any attempt to answer any question, instead we sat with our backs to one another. As expected, we ended up losing, coming in last place.

Maybe it was just to spite Twilight, but I just didn't want to answer any question and have to share a victory with her which she would have claimed all the glory for.

Whilst Applejack and Rainbow were celebrating their win, Twilight and I were still sitting with our backs turned to each other.

"You just had to make things difficult."

"Excuse me?" I replied.

"You just couldn't stay silent and let me answer the questions."

I groaned loudly and rolled my eyes, "I'm not getting into this again. I'm going home."

I got up and began walking towards the door.

"Apollo!" Rainbow yelled, "Where are you going? Party's not over!"

"I'm going home."

"Why?"

"Peace and quiet."

"But-"

I didn't let her continue before I teleported away back to my apartment, and made a beeline for my drink's cabinet, pulling out a bottle of Johhny Trotter Blue Label.

Expensive stuff.

But definitely worth it.

After pouring myself a generous amount of whiskey, I got out my laptop from my secret safe and booted it up, having decided to watch an old classic. The original, far superior to its pony counterpart. A bit of free advice, don't waste your time reading The Coltfather. It's a valiant attempt but when it's written by fluffy ponies who can barely speak ill of an overrated cake addict, how could they write a novel about organised crime?

The Griffons however made a far greater attempt that was, to be honest, very good.

But it's still not The Godfather.


"How can anypony tolerate him?!"

"He's not too bad when you get to know him," Fluttershy replied, "He's a good pony."

"How though? He's aggressive, foul mouthed, secretive, stubborn...make no mistake, Apollo is going to be a grave threat to all of Equestria."

"Don't you think you're overreacting?" Rarity asked, "I know Apollo can be a hoof full but he really does have his heart in the right place."

"Why do you hate him so much?" asked Rainbow, "Is it to do with that human?"

"They're in league together!"

"Maybe Apollo just wants to get on with his life," Rainbow replied, frowning slightly at Twilight, "And I've heard him talk about all that engineering stuff. Granted I had had no idea what he was talking about, but it was clearly obvious he knows what he is talking about. i for one would love to see a heavier-than-air flying machine that can fly faster than me."

"Faster than you?" queried Applejack.

"Non possunt primi esse omnes omni in tempore."

Several eyes just blanked at Rainbow.

"Say what now?" asked Applejack.

Rainbow groaned and rolled her eyes, "Not everyone can occupy the first rank forever. It's a phrase from an ancient language Apollo told me about, Latin. What the phrase basically means is that it is impossible to always excel."

"I beg to differ," Twilight said aloud, "I know Apollo will be a danger to us all, and I will prove it. If only we knew what he was doing right now."


"Do you like it?"

"Trixie loves it. Thank you," she replied, giving me a small kiss on the cheek.

Is it getting warm in here?

Trixie admired herself in the mirror for a few seconds more, admiring the excellent work of Rarity.

I still have no idea how she cleaned the snot away in those few seconds though.

Anyway, Trixie is happy and that's good enough for me.

"Wanna watch a different film?" I asked, "I don't think The Godfather is to your liking.

"What would I like that you have?"

"Hmm, let me see."

I looked through my folders at the films I had, sadly not my entire digital collection as I had another 1TB HDD that didn't come with me. Fortunately, most of the good films weren't on that particular drive.

"Do you like spy thrillers?"

"Trixie loves spy thrillers. Well, novels at least."

"Then in that case, I'll show you the first film of the greatest spy in history."

Trixie looked at the screen, "Dr No?"

"That's just the name of the film, the same as the novel. The spy has a different name, one that is truly iconic. Now, want any popcorn?"

"Trixie would, but first Trixie would like to get out of the dress and keep it safe for the garden party she has been invited to on Friday night."

"Garden party?"

"Duke Fancy Pants invited Trixie and a plus one of Trixie's choosing. Trixie would like Apollo to come with her."

"Sure. You wearing the dress I got you?"

"Trixie will wear nothing else, though she will need to get some matching shoes and a tiara."

"We can go to Manehatten tomorrow if you like?"

"Trixie would like that."