• Published 24th Jun 2017
  • 5,729 Views, 323 Comments

Trojan Pony - Hawker Hurricane



History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

  • ...
34
 323
 5,729

Chapter - 12 - From Humiliation To Delight

"You have no right to do this to me!"

"It is our right as Princess of the Night!" Luna yelled

"Surrender now or prepare to fight!" I yelled on reflex.

"By us that's right!...........wait....why did we yell that?" Luna wondered aloud, looking confused. With a dismissive wave of her hoof, she turned her attention back to her guest, "It matters not. What does matter is your punishment."

I may have underestimated just how skilled in magic Luna was. I was effectively glued to the floor by her creepy night magic while the Demon Fashionista had an absolute field day with me.

And I mean, field day.

It creeped me out how delighted she was about this.

"I must say Apollo, you look positively stunning in your new attire."

"Shut up, She-Demon!"

"Be silent, little princess!" Luna bellowed.

The shoes and tiara I could barely cope with, but the dress was overkill in the extreme. Every scintilla of manhood I had was being annihilated beyond retrieval with every passing second. To be fair, the dress was actually a good looking one, not garish or needlessly extravagant, but more like what Hollywood actresses would wear for Oscars night. If I was a mare, I wouldn't have a problem with this, but as a man, or stallion, it just did not look good on me.

Unfortunately, the Demon thought differently.

"You've brought this on yourself, Little Bunny. You had to know that eventually your loose tongue would land you in trouble. Again."

"Forcing me into a dress is uncalled for!"

"Making fun of us is even more uncalled for!" Luna yelled, "Our plot is not that big!"

"So you admit it is big to some degree?"

I really am a fucking idiot.

Rather than snapping my spine in half, Luna did something much, much more chilling. Walking over to a desk, she opened a drawer and pulled out a small item and levitated it over to Rarity.

"What is that?" I asked with genuine fear.

Rarity, grinning maliciously, held it up for me to see.

It was eye shadow.

Fuck.


*PERSPECTIVE SHIFT*

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the castle, Celestia was enjoying tea with Cadence in the gardens beside the pond watching the ducks swim about. The topic of conversation, however, was of one particular subject.

"I don't know what to do with Apollo," Celestia wondered aloud.

"Auntie?"

"He is incredibly intelligent and driven, but can't help getting himself into trouble."

"What exactly is Auntie Luna doing to him?"

"I have no idea, but I'm sure he'll be OK."

"Are you sure? Auntie Luna was quite angry."

"I'm sure. But speaking of trouble, there is also the matter of Twilight and Shining Armor."

"Shining can be quite headstrong at times, and can have quite a black and white view on laws and rules."

"You're referring to the lock in loophole?" asked Celestia.

Cadence nodded, "He doesn't realise that a fifth of all taxes raised from alcohol 'bought' after lock up comes from after hours 'sales'. It's a harmless law to break, and closing it would cause unnecessary issues and red tape."

"I agree," Celestia replied, taking a sip of tea, "But, what will I do with them?"

"Well, I'll deal with Shining, and I think Twilight...and Apollo, it would be better off if you dealt with them."

"Should Shining be worried?"

"He better be."

Just then, a castle servant approached the princesses, and turned to face Celestia and bowed.

"Excuse me, ma'am, a letter has been sent for your attention."

Celestia took the letter and dismissed the servant who promptly left. Opening the letter and reading through it, she could only let out a hum.

"Auntie?"

"It seems that Twilight and Shining have been released without charge."

"How so? I thought they had strong evidence against them?"

"They did. But it seems they also have strong allies in the courts. A High Court Judge has had the charges against them quashed and ordered their immediate release."

"I can't imagine Apollo will be at all pleased."

Celestia sighed tiredly, "It will not doubt give him more reason to hate Twilight, and Shining, seeing them get away with their actions because of the friends they have."

"Which Judge was it?"

"Judge Dundas, 1st Viscount of Fillydelphia. Do you know him?"

"Not personally. But I recognise the name. He and Night Light went to Law School together."

"Night Light? Their father?"

Cadence nodded.

Celestia could only feel like a bad situation had gotten far worse. Not only had Apollo been wronged, but the ones responsible were also given a get out of jail free card because of a powerful family connection. Yes, he did get some justice with Applejack, but this would give him even more reason to hate Twilight and Shining, and lose his trust in herself.

Sighing deeply, Celestia stood up and stretch out her wings, flexing out the tension in them, "I will go and look for Apollo and inform him of the situation. I'd rather he hear it from me and be angry with me than anypony else."

"If you think that's right."

"I do. "

Celestia left without further words, leaving Cadence to watch the ducks alone.


*IN A CHARIOT, HIGH ABOVE EQUESTRIA*

"Just you wait, Twilight," Shining said firmly and smugly, "I'll see that Apollo is punished to the fullest extent of the law and that those police officers are stripped of their badges for their misconduct."

Twilight didn't respond, he mind to heavily weighed down by what Celestia has said to her. Shining, however, was oblivious and continued rabbiting on.

"I'll ask Judge Dundas to have charges laid out against all of them along with hefty prison sentences. That will teach them to mess with me and make me look like a fool."

Twilight still didn't respond.

"I can't wait to see the look on Apollo's face when he's sent to prison for a few decades. I will even have put in the Crystal Castle dungeons so I can personally ensure he's never released."

It was only after more silence from Twilight that he finally realised that she wasn't listening.

"Are you OK, Twily?"

Twilight shook her head, "Princess Celestia hates me."

"What? She doesn't hate you."

"Did you hear what she said?" Twilight asked, tears falling down her cheeks, "And what she did? If she didn't hate me, then why did she do it?"

"She doesn't hate you Twily, but that Apollo has gotten to her and affected how she thinks. I suspect he's using some form of dark magic to affect her."

"He's not using dark magic, I've never sensed any coming from him. However..."

"However...what?" Shining enquired suspiciously.

"His magical field is different than that of other unicorns. It doesn't feel like a unicorn's magic field should."

"Is he a Changeling?" Shining asked with disgust.

"No. At least I don't think so. But there is something different about him."

"And he's been assisting the monster."

"Maybe the monster has affected Apollo and he doesn't realise it?"

"Possibly," Shining replied, "If it is the case then I can excuse Apollo's past behaviour and do even more to hunt down the monster."

"But Princess Celestia said-"

"I know what she said. But if the monster's affected her, then we can't trust her."


*BACK IN CANTERLOT CASTLE, PERSPECTIVE SHIFT*

"CEASE RESISTING!"

I had my forelegs wrapped firmly around a conveniently placed column, trying relentlessly to hold on and not allow Princess Crazy Bitch to parade me through the castle and utterly humiliate me. Crazy Bitch continued to try and pry me off of the column while Rarity frantically fidgeted around on the spot, terrified that her stupid dress was going to get ripped.

"RELEASE THINE HOLD OF OUR COLUMN!"

"NEVER!"

I continued to hold on for dear life for several seconds more, hearing Princess Crazy Bitch's grunts of frustration in the process. My panic began to increase exponentially and I knew that if she pried me off, I'd never be able to shoe myself in public ever again. All I could think about what getting out of that room. I could feel painful throbbing around the base of my horn where that stupid suppressor was clamped into place.

I truly have no idea what happened next, but with a flash of light I found myself in another part of the castle and the pain around my horn gone. A seemingly deserted part of the castle as I couldn't see anyone in sight.

"What the hell happened?" I wondered aloud, "One minute I was there, now I'm here."

I continued to look around where I was stood and couldn't see or hear anyone, however I was still attired in the Demon's stupid dress which was kept firmly in place by Princess Crazy Bitch's magic. As were the shoes, necklace and tiara.

Hopefully I would remain out of sight of everyone while I figured out a way of removing the stupid things.

I decided to move on though. If for whatever reason they could trace were I teleported to, albeit unintentionally, then I didn't want to be around to endure more humiliation when they found me. With little other option, I picked a direction and began walking. With only two option though, my choices were slim. What didn't help was that I was in a part of the castle I hadn't been in before. There were no windows and the only light came from the torches that aligned the walls. At least the carpet would muffle my footsteps. Hoofsteps I suppose.

I wandered around the identical corridors for several minutes, getting nowhere fast, becoming quite annoyed in the process.

"Do you ever feel like someone's toying with you?"

"WHO'S THERE?!" a voice boomed.

My eyes went to pinpricks as I heard muffled hoofsteps get louder and the silhouette of a stallion guard approach from around a corner.

I didn't have time to think of what to do or say as a Solar Guard appeared.

Shit.

"Who are you?!" he demanded to know, "Why are you down here? This is a restricted area!"

"Errrrr.......I'm..."

The guard scowled harshly at me, clearly not in the mood for my inability to answer.

"Who are you?" he asked again, "This area is no place for a mare such as yourself."

I spluttered indignantly.

"Mare?!"

"Well....yes. The dress and tiara were a clue."

I said nothing for a moment until my face turned into a snarl, "I'M A GUY, JACKASS!"

The guard looked at me more closely, before his lips slowly turned upwards.

Shit.

Without warning, he burst into laughter and began rolling around on the floor like Neymar when you walk past him.

I rolled my eyes and began walking away, hoping my embarrassment wasn't showing.

"Where are you going...ma'am?" the guard asked, getting up and walking alongside me, "I can't allow a delicate mare such as yourself to walk around unescorted."

"I don't need a fucking escort you rancid piece of sh-"

I was silenced by his wing covering my mouth, "Ah ah ah, that's not way for a mare to speak."

I glared daggers at him. I wanted to kill him.

And I think he knew.

And didn't care.

"Now," he continued, "Do we continue? Or do I arrest you for being in a restricted area and take you to see the guys?"

I had to give him credit. He had me.

"Fine," I said, reluctantly, "I'll allow you to escort me."

He smiled smugly, "Thank you, m'lady. Now, you'll please go on in front, I'll follow you behind."

I wanted to plant a hoof in his stupid smug face, but I thought better of it. As I walked past him though, he couldn't help but make a parting comment.

"I must say, that dress is very becoming of you."

Must. Resist. Killing.


*PERSPECTIVE SHIFT*

"WHERE DID OUR NEWEST PRINCESS GO?!"

"How did he even do it?" Rarity asked, looking at where Apollo was standing just moments ago, "We put a horn suppressor on him!"

"True, but they are not entirely 100% effective. Like any security measure, there's always a flaw in the system."

Luna looked over to where Apollo was and quickly noticed the charred remains of a horn suppressor on the floor. Picking it up in her magic, she brought it closer to her and examined, before showing it to Rarity.

"It takes considerable power to overload a horn suppressor, yet somehow Apollo did it."

"I didn't know he had so much power."

"Neither did I," Luna replied, "But sister did say Apollo's magical field was different than normal compared to other unicorns, but she did not elaborate. It may have something to do with his....background."

"Should we find him?" Rarity asked, "If he has that much power, as implied, he might not be able to control it. And we may have angered him a little."

"True, but he angered us far more greatly. He deserved his punishment."

"Perhaps, but you at least have experience in controlling that much magic, Apollo doesn't."

"You make a fair point, Miss Rarity. We shall find him."

"Can we still force him to wear the dress?" Rarity asked, almost pleadingly, "He did look wonderful in it."

"Yes. But we will not parade him through the city market. Unless of course, he makes more remarks about our plot."

"And mine."

"Agreed."


*PERSPECTIVE SHIFT*

"I must say," the guard said, "I never thought I'd see a stallion so.....open? Is that the right word? With his choice of clothing."

His voice was really beginning to grate. Do guards need their vocal chords?

"But hey, it's not my place to tell you what to wear."

"I did not choose to wear this stupid dress you brain dead cretin!"

"Yeah, sure you didn't."

"I didn't. I was forced."

"Really?" he asked, clearly not convinced.

"I was. I want to remove it but the Demon Fashionista and Princess Crazy Bitch put a spell on it preventing me from taking it off."

"Look, you don't have to make excuses or stories, if you want to wear a dress, go ahead, I don't care. I have more important things to worry about."

Why do some people find lies more believable than the truth?

Anyway, I still had to escape. Fortunately, up ahead I could see a part of the castle I recognised from when I was still in human form. I did consider just bolting for it, but the guard would just catch up with me easily and continue to take the piss.

We stepped out into the familiar corridor were more ponies were walking about, including more guards. They may not have said anything, but I know those looks. The only reason why they didn't make any snide remarks was because of the bollocking they'd get from their CO for improper conduct when at their post.

I continued walking down the corridor, ignoring the snickers from the maids and silent snarky comments from the other guards, just waiting for an opportunity to escape. As we walked to the main foyer, where even more ponies were assembled, including civilians, I frantically looked around even more for not only an escape route, but Princess Crazy Bitch and the Demon.

All I could find were civilians gawking at me like an animals in a zoo, and being able to hear them whisper amongst themselves.

"Is that a stallion in a dress?"

"He must be very comfortable with himself."

"I'm a mare yet I'm jealous of how a stallion looks in a dress. I must know who made it!"

Unfortunately, the unicorn mare who I heard ask that last question, approached me with a cheery smile on her face. From her own fancy dress and pristine appearance, I guessed she was a noble.

"Excuse me," she said, "I was just wondering who designed your wonderful dress?"

A terrifying demon with no soul.

"A...friend. She made it too," I replied flatly.

"Wonderful. Your friend must be very talented."

"Yeah."

"You must be very lucky to have a friend to support you in this manner."

"Yeah...lucky."

She must have misunderstood my enthusiasm for embarrassment as she suddenly hugged me.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about," she said, "Be who you want to be, don't let others dictate how they think you should be."

Easier said than done when Princess Crazy Bitch and the Demon Fashionista are after you.

"Errr, thanks," I replied.

No need to be rude.

She hasn't done anything to me.

"Apollo?"

My eyes lit up.

Oh shit no.

The mare let go and I turned around slowly.

To my horror, I came face to face with Twilight and a smug looking Shining Twat.

I ran.

"Wait!" Twilight yelled, "I have so many questions!"

"Let her run Twily," Shining said, "She probably has a tea party to go to ."

I'll be sure to remember that comment from that blue haired prick, but my main concern now was escaping.

I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going and I soon found myself outside in the castle gardens.

Maybe I could hide for a while in the maze.

Deciding that that was the best course of action, at least for the time being, I ran there as fast as I could.

I was making excellent progress and just as I was about to round the corner of a hedge, I bumped into the worst pony I could possibly bump into at the moment, especially with how I was dressed. I managed to stop myself from literally bumping into her, but my fate was sealed.

"Oh my!" she said with undiluted glee, "You're just so precious!"

Nothing I could say or do would get me out of the situation.

"Come! You can join me at my tea party!"

"N-n-no thank you," I mumbled out.

"Oh don't be silly, it's such a lovely day!"

I didn't get chance to object further before I felt myself being lifted into the air with magic and taken to my own personal hell.


*PERSPECTIVE SHIFT*

Back in the main foyer, Twilight and Shining watched on as Apollo ran away. Twilight looking confused, Shining looking delighted and the mare looking disappointed.

"I never got to find out who made his dress."

"I believe it was Rarity," Shining said to the mare, "She decided to make it after he told her how much he wanted to wear them."

"Really?"

Shining nodded, "He said it makes him feel more comfortable and true to who he is."

"That's so brave of him," the mare said, buying the lies, "Oh I wish I could help him more."

"I'm sure arrangements could be made," Shining said, finding it difficult to hold back his laughter, "I could even get my wife to assist. She's very much into helping ponies be their true selves."

"And I'll gladly help in any way I can. He seemed such a sweet colt. Anyway, I must depart, I have a tea party scheduled with Princess Cadence."

"I'm sure he'd be delighted for any help. Thank you."

"Good day Prince Shining Armour."

"Good day, ma'am."

Shining began walking away, soon followed by Twilight. She waited until they were alone before speaking.

"None of that was true. Apollo had no interest in wearing dresses."

"So? Maybe it will teach him a lesson for humiliating me."

"He will find out and he will get revenge," she said worryingly, "You may have made things worse."

"I am a Prince, he is a commoner. He will learn his place."

Twilight could only gulp with worry at the possible implications of Shining's actions. Making up lies about Apollo wanting to do things he has no interest in, coupled with his ruthless temper bode only bad news as far as Twilight could see.

They continued to walk along the corridors, making their way to the throne room in an attempt to find Celestia, but instead ran into Luna and Rarity.

"Rarity? Princess Luna?"

"Hello Twilight," Luna replied, "Prince Shining Armour."

"Princess Luna," Shining replied, "Have you seen Princess Celestia? We are trying to find her."

"Neigh, but we are trying to find Apollo. He managed to....leave us."

"Leave you?" Twilight asked, confused, "We've just seen him. Why is he here?"

"You have just seen Apollo?" asked Rarity, "Where?"

"In the foyer just a few minutes ago. Why was he here? I thought he was in Ponyville. And why is he wearing a dress?"

"Answers for another time," Luna replied, "We must find Apollo at once."

"Why?"

"He did something.....unusual."

"Unusual?"

"He overloaded a horn blocker and teleported away," Luna replied matter-if-factly, "We attempted to trace his teleportation spell but could not find a trace of it."

"But that's impossible!" Twilight refuted, "Overloading a horn blocker is difficult even for Alicorns never mind a unicorn of average magical power!"

"We scanned some of the residual magic of the overload and concluded that Apollo is anything but average in magical aptitude," Luna replied, "But explanation can wait. We must find him. If he truly does have that much power then he must be instructed in how to control it."

"You're right," Twilight replied, "We'll help you."

"Thank you, Twilight. We should now check the-"

"YOU VILE MONSTER!"

Everyone looked immediately in the vicinity of the distant voice.

"That sounded like Apollo," Rarity said, "It sounds like he's in the garden."

Everyone immediately made haste to the garden an soon enough, they came across a most unusual scene.

Apollo, still clad in his dress, shoes and tiara, and another horn blocker, was flanked by Cadence on one side, and Celestia on the other, opposite him was several more mares all too clad in dress and jewellery.

"Auntie Luna, Twilight," Cadence said excitedly, "So glad you could join us."

"What's....going on?" Twilight asked nervously.

"Apollo here," Cadence began to reply, pointing to an infuriated looking stallion, "Was just passing through the gardens and, seeing our tea party just begged to join us. Seeing how he was so eager and properly attired, how could we refuse?"

"LIAR!"

"Ssshh," Celestia said, putting a hoof on Apollo's mouth, "Princesses don't shout."

"That's a bit fucking rich coming from you and your bat shit insane sister!"

The princesses all looked to Apollo with severe frowns. Celestia's the most severe, "Princess's don't use such un-Princessy language."

"Well seeing as I'm not a Princess-"

"Your dress says otherwise."

Apollo shot a filthy look at Shining.

"The more you swear, the longer your punishment will be," Celestia added, enjoying my misery, "Besides, I hardly consider having a nice cup of tea in the lovely afternoon sun to be a punishment. Many ponies would give anything to be where you are now."

"I don't object to tea, I object strenuously to what you're forcing me to wear. It stopped being funny ages ago and make no mistake I will find a way to get merciless and ruthless revenge."

"It's so cute when you talk tough," the mare from before said, "But this is who you really are, there's no shame in that."

"Indeed," Shining added, "The Marquess of Vanhoover even offered to assist you in becoming more comfortable with your true self."

"What do you mean?"

"I told her how much you actually enjoy this."

*PERSPECTIVE SHIFT, SAME SCENE*

It took a moment for what Twatface said to register in my brain.

"You...what?"

"I told her how much you really want to do this and she offered her assistance in the matter."

...

...

...

I'm going to kill Twatface.

I will design my own weapon of mass destruction and drop it on him.

I looked over to Twilight and saw she looked fearful, and worried. Not sure why. Princess Crazy Bitch and the Demon looked smugly pleased with my predicament and soon sat themselves down and poured themselves a cup of tea each.

"I must say Apollo," Rarity said, "If you were so eager to join this tea party, then all you had to do was say. Imagine, leaving us like that."

"Indeed," Celestia added, "I can certainly understand your eagerness to have tea but your actions put yourself and others in danger."

"Is that why you put another horn blocker on me? Or just to prevent me from escaping?"

"You overloaded a horn blocker and disappeared without trace," Celestia said, "So much magical power without the ability to control it is a danger to both yourself and others."

I suppose that's true.

But one thing was becoming clearer to me.

It seems as though I have more magical power than I, and they, thought. I'd have to find a way to use this to my advantage. I'm growing rather tired of being overpowered and humiliated of late. And Celestia was clearly very worried about it. As she should be.

I'll never forgive her for what she did.

Or tried to do.

"But forcing me to wear a dress and tiara? Eye shadow? Was that for 'safety' reasons?"

"No," Celestia replied, smiling smugly, "That was for pranking my sister."

"And how much longer do I have to wear this stupid dress?"

Rarity scoffed, "Stupid?! STUPID?!"

"Now now, Miss Rarity," Luna said, "I'm sure Princess Apollo didn't mean to say that. After all, he does want to take it off, doesn't he?"

Princess Crazy Bitch looked at me with so much smugness it went off the scale. If I wanted to get out of the ridiculous getup I'd have to play ball.

"No," I replied through gritted teeth, "I didn't mean this dress was stupid. Not at all."

"So you like it?" asked Rarity, smiling gleefully.

"......yes."

A chorus of 'aww's' went around the group.

I just couldn't win with these psychos.

"In that case," Celestia said, "You can continue to wear it for dinner this evening."

"What?"

"Surely you don't expect to attend a dinner with the Royal Princesses and not be suitably attired?"

"Well......no."

"Then it is settled. You will attend dinner dressed as you are now."

Fuck.

"If you behave and conduct yourself as a Princess should, then I may permit their removal."

"This is for all the times I shouted my mouth off isn't it?"

"More or less," Celestia replied, taking a sip of tea and giving me a knowing look.

Had that spell succeeded in its entirety...

I shudder at what I would be right now had it done so.

"Where's Shining Armour gone to?" asked Rarity.

"He's probably disappeared after realising I now know he was lying to me."

Everyone looked to the Marquess of Vanhoover.

"He told me that Apollo here, wore dresses of his own accord because it, and I quote, 'He said it makes him feel more comfortable and true to who he is'."

"Shining told you that?" Cadence asked, looking genuinely annoyed.

The Marquess nodded, "I genuinely thought I was being helpful to a stallion trying to be comfortable with who he is, or who he wants to be, and it turn out I was being lied to."

"Sorry," I said, feeling genuinely sorry for her, even though I didn't tell the lie.

"Oh you have nothing to apologise for dear," she said sweetly, "You were just taken advantage of by him."

"I will deal with him," Cadence said firmly, before turning to me, "Apollo, I know we may have gone a bit too far with this, but if you agree to stay dressed as you are for the rest of the day, I promise that Shining will be properly punished. By me. Personally."

A most tempting offer.

"What sort of punishment would it be?"

"Well....I would need the outstanding skill of Rarity, if she agrees."

Rarity seemed to catch on very quickly and was only too eager top agree, "Oh absolutely!"

I suddenly found myself taking a liking to Cadence. And not just because of making Shining wear a dress. Something about her seemed...familiar.


*LATER THAT NIGHT*

I was walking to the dinner hall alongside Celestia, still wearing my full 'princess' outfit, as was Celestia, and could help but smile knowing what was going to unfold.

"You seem to be in good spirits now, my little pony."

"Well, knowing what's going to happen, how could I not be? Besides, with me dressed like this, you gained in a way what you always wanted."

"I don't know what you mean."

"Yes you do."

Celestia looked away, avoiding eye contact. I knew that she knew that I knew what she planned and intended, no matter how many times she claims it was 'accidental'. Accidental my new furry plot.

"I trust you will be more careful with what you say?"

"No. It's not my fault my Russian side blurts out what I think without restraint. Anyway, how's Twilight? She seemed happier after she talked to you."

"She's fine. I assured that I didn't hate her, and I apologised if I came across as too strong. And I do apologise to you for not getting justice for yourself."

"With Twilight I'll let it slide if she agrees not to take any of my possessions, but with Shining, what Cadence has in mind will be more than enough for me. But speaking of Twilight, I've said it before but she will soon work out who I really am."

"I know. And I will be there to support you when she does."

Soy on me more like.

"And I would like Twilight to instruct you in your magic use."

"Trixie already has."

"True, but that was before we discovered you could overload a horn blocker with ease, and teleport away without leaving any trace of the spell. That is very highly skilled magic, Apollo. I wasn't joking earlier when I put another horn blocker on you. I was genuinely afraid of your safety and the safety of others. That is why it is still in place."

"Can I have it removed?"

"Not yet."

Celestia must have noticed my annoyance as I felt her nuzzling my neck, "I know you don't like it, Apollo, but I have to think about your safety. But, I will compromise. While the horn blocker you are wearing is, usually, irremovable by the wearer, I will provide you with one that the wearer can put on and remove at will."

"They make those?"

Celestia nodded, "For medicinal reasons. Usually for patients who have unstable magic and need to keep it under control, like yourself. The one you are wearing is usually reserved for criminals, or in rare cases, patients with limited or no mental capacity for decision making and so on."

"So why not exchange them now?"

"I don't have the alternative at hoof. Besides," Celestia continued, taking a look at me, "Your magic is acting up right now."

"Huh?"

"The gem in your horn blocker is glowing."

"But I'm not intentionally using magic."

"I know. Hence why I can't remove it," she replied, lighting up her horn.

After a few seconds, her horn stopped glowing and she merely hummed.

"What?" I asked.

"If that horn blocker was not in place, then everything metal nearby would have been ripped or bent out of place."

"What?" I asked again.

"You subconsciously cast a spell that manipulates magnetic fields."

"Cool!"

Celestia rolled her eyes, "But dangerous. Now you know why I have to take the precautions I have?"

I sighed and lowered my head, "Yeah, I guess so."

"Cheer up, my little pony," she said happily, "Things will improve and before you know it you will be a master spell caster."

"I doubt it."

"Twilight has excellent knowledge in magic. I assure you, if she can't teach you magic, nopony can."

"Not even you?"

"I am busy with princess things."

I doubted it, but anyway, we reached the dining room and went inside. All but Twatface were inside and, sat at the table. All attired in dress, tiaras and crowns. Twilight was wearing her Element tiara instead. The Demon was in a particularly good mood about it all.

Not sure why.

Wearing dresses isn't all she claimed it to be.

"Come and sit next to me, Little Bunny."

I hate it when she calls me that.

Feeling myself getting nudged by Celestia's wing, I walked forward and sat myself down next to her.

"Good evening," I said, trying to be polite for once.

"Good evening to you," Rarity replied.

"So, errrr," I began, tapping my hooves nervously on the table, "When's Captain Up-His-Own-Arse coming?"

"He'll be along, don't worry."

"Are you sure he'll do it?"

"He'll be obligated to," replied Cadence, "But if pulling military rank doesn't work, then I'll remind him that I'm his wife."

"Will that work?"

"You don't know much about mares, do you?" Rarity replied.

"I know nothing about them other than they are needlessly complicated and make no logical sense."

"I think we've just been insulted," Celestia replied, "Maybe I should extend your punishment."

"Just stating a universal truth."

Without warning, the door to the dining room burst open with considerable force, eliciting a loud bang with the displacement of air blowing out a few candles; the latter of which Celestia relit whilst frowning disapprovingly at Twatface.

He sat himself down, not even bothering to apologise for being late. He was sat opposite myself, and as expected, he took great delight in my attire. Again.

"You must like wearing that dress a lot, Apollo," he said smugly, "Maybe you should have been a mare instead."

"Nah," I dismissed, "I'm useless in the kitchen."

I didn't need to look around to see the disapproving looks the mares shot at me.

And Rarity can kick hard under the table.

I didn't yelp though. It was just a hard enough kick to let me know she didn't approve of what I said, and the look that followed let me know she would be having words with me later.

"Spending too much time trying to look pretty," Twatface replied, "Or getting drunk."

"At least I can handle my drink. I heard that you get tipsy before you even finish your first shandy."

A few giggles went around the room, which turned Twatface's smug look intro a stern glare.

"Be silent or I will have you put in the dungeons."

"You don't have that authority."

"I do. I am a Prince."

"Of the Crystal Empire. And even then, you're a Prince Regent, you have no real authority."

"I am a Prince! Do not speak to me like that!"

I don't know why the others, particularly the Princesses, didn't intervene. Maybe they just wanted Twatface to dig himself in deeper, or wait for the opportune moment to strike.

"I speak to anyone however I want. Granted it does get me into trouble now and again-"

"And into dresses," Twatface smugly added.

"Speaking of dresses," Cadence added, trying to hold back her glee, "Have you noticed what everypony is wearing?"

Twatface looked around.

"You are all wearing dresses and regalia. What of it?"

"Did you not read the sign before you came in?"

"What sign?"

"The sign that said anypony entering this room to have dinner this evening would have to be properly attired."

"I am wearing my guard uniform."

"A bit rustic for a fine dining event," I quipped, "I would have thought a Prince Regent would have known that."

"Guards! Take this pony to the dungeons!"

Not a single guard moved.

Twatface turned to one of the guards, "I gave you an order!"

I took no notice of the idiot and instead picked up a champagne bottle and turned to Rarity, "Champagne? M'lady?"

"Oh Apollo," she giggled, "You can be such a gentlecolt."

She motioned for me to pour some before the bottle was suddenly ripped out of my hooves. As I was in the middle of pouring it, it meant champagne went all over the table.

"Now look at what you've done," I said, pointing to the mess.

"The maids can clean it up."

"That's about right for you. You make a mess but someone else can clean it up."

"I am a Prince, they are maids."

I could barely wait for the moment when Twatface would be brought crashing back down to Earth. Or whatever the locals called their world. Twatface was only building up all the shit he would be landing himself in and it was glorious to not only watch, but be a part of.

"You should be more respectful of the maids. They do an excellent job and you just treat it as though it's trivial."

"Cleaning is an easy job. Anypony can do it."

Oh Twatface, you can not comprehend how much I hope those words come back to bite you in your plot. Twatface continued speaking though.

"Not that you would ever know, You wouldn't want to get any dirt on that pretty dress, would you?"

OK, now that hit a nerve. Whilst I didn't like wearing it, I'll readily admit that Rarity is extremely gifted in her craft and insulting such a fine piece of work was crossing a line. He must have noticed my irritance as he suddenly burst into laughter, slamming his hooves up and down on the table.

"Oh this is brilliant," he laughed, "It's true!"

How to turn his own words against him?

"It's true," I said, prompting genuine gasps of shock from around the table.

"You mean you do like wearing it?" Rarity asked, her eyes sparkling with delight.

"Not exactly, but it's true I don't want to get it dirty. Not after you put so much effort into making it, that and it does look rather expensive."

"It's true," Rarity conceded, "I do use only the finest of materials, and it means so much to me that you care for what I do."

"I'm not that much of an arsehole."

Twatface was still laughing, "Get a room you two."

More gasps of shock sounded from around the table and it took a firm shake of the head from Celestia to stop Cadence from skinning her husband right there and then.

"Shining!" Twilight yelled, "Don't speak to my friends like that!"

"Apollo isn't your friend, he said he doesn't even like you."

"Compared to you," I said, "I love her to bits."

Twilight blushed, Rarity got giddy with excitement, and Cadence looked like she was about to burst with joy.

"You're not having my sister."

"I never said I would, but even if I did pursue a relationship, you have no right to stop me."

"I can and I will. I don't want my sister in a relationship with a whimpy stallion who prefers wearing dresses and going to tea parties than being a real stallion."

Oh I am going to enjoy this.

"Well, I don't know what you mean by 'real' stallion, but-"

"A real stallion is a stallion who is big, strong, a fighter. Not a prissy little wimp with Princess fantasies."

"The first guy sounds more like an arsehole to me."

"It's myself I described!"

"That'll be why then. Anyway, speaking of dresses, did you see the sign outside? We asked before getting off track."

"The sign that states proper attire it to be worn for this dinner, what of it?"

"Maybe...you should read it more closely."

Twatface looked at me, scowling for several seconds before getting up and going to look at the sign. He came back just as quickly, still looking grumpy.

"It says diners must wear the appropriate dress. I am in full dress uniform so...."

He stopped when he saw what was in his seat, and in front of his seat.

"Like the sign says," I continued, "Appropriate dress. Surely you're not going to disobey a rule put in place by Princess Celestia now, are you?"

Twatface glared is teeth and stomped a hoof defiantly on the ground, "I am NOT wearing a dress."

"It's the rule," I replied, "One you agreed to when you walked into this room."

"I am NOT-"

"Shining!" Cadence's cold shout cut through the air, immediately shutting Twatface up.

At least I now know who wears the trousers in that family.

"As your Princess, but more as your WIFE, I ORDER you to go with Miss Rarity and Auntie Luna."

"But-"

"BUT WHAT?!"

Twatface recoiled into the ground in fear.

"Keep the champagne on ice darling," Rarity said to me as she got up, "We won't be too long."

Rarity walked around to where Twatface was still huddles on the floor, and with Luna, teleported away to fuck know's where. Probably the same chamber of horrors I was in.

"That was rather prolonged," the Marquess said, "I thought we were going to force him straight away?"

"Same here," I replied, "But letting himself dig himself in deeper was too tempting."

"I must say though," Twilight began, "I've never seen my brother act so....so..."

"Like me?"

Twilight looked up at me, understanding what I was saying but reluctant to say yes.

"Don't worry little Twilight, I know I can be....a bit of a twat at times. But your brother really took the biscuit."

"I must also say I've never seen him act this way," Celestia added, "I don't know what's gotten into him."

"It's certainly been a most unusual day," I added, "I never saw this happening when I was getting plastered last night."

"Apollo?"

"Yes, Twilight?"

"I just wanted to apologise for how I've been towards you. The encounter with the mo-...human, scared me and knowing you've been in contact with it....I guess I was just frightened of what could happen."

Wow. For the first time since I've met her, Twilight is talking sense.

"Don't worry about it. I forgive you."

Why hold a grudge? I got my shit back and I have no intention of being like Twatface. That and I remember who the real enemy is.

"Thank you. I was wondering, if that's OK, if you could show me how all that stuff works? You said you knew how."

"I'll show you, but let's get tonight over with. Your brother needs to learn a few lesson first."

"Agreed. Just for the record, I have no problems with stallions who want to wear dresses."

"I sort of do, but please bear in mind that I had a very different upbringing than you. You thought and did as you were told if you knew what was good for you."

"What changed your opinion? Even if it's only a little?"

"I spent time around other people who had different opinions. I'll go more into it one day, but for now, I'd just like to order some food and enjoy the night."


Twatface was noticeably less mouthy upon his return.

His dress was prettier than mine too.

I'm almost jealous.

Damn Rarity.

She's getting to me.

Author's Note:

So this chapter took longer than expected to come out. And took a slightly different theme. But Apollo brought it on himself.

I have a Patreon account and it's been a big help. My Patreon Donors (very nice, generous people) are listed below:

Tankoncow
Allmightytoaster
AMG-guy63
Khadija WestAkarkouz
Camron Mouton
Daniel Tate
Moonlit Forest
kent

If you wish to become a donor as well you can become one by going here.