• Published 2nd Jul 2017
  • 1,729 Views, 20 Comments

After Rain Comes Sunlight - Himewhite



A love story of two different creatures of two different kingdoms

  • ...
5
 20
 1,729

A Ring Of Light

Fluttershy was put in a difficult situation, trying to find a escape from the pony's surrounding her. The flames around the space has been put out by the stallions to get closer to her.

" Not only are you a princess of a foreign country, you are a direct threat to us. " Lighting up their horn's to kill Fluttershy. " So I will end you here. " When the stallion was about to fire Fluttershy ran towards the stallion with the torch in her tail swinging it into his face getting the stallion off guard and missed his shot at killing her. Fluttershy dodged the shots from the other unicorn's who were trying to kill her and thought.

" Can't use the wind....." The group closed in on her again.

" What a very..... brave princess you are " The stallion said recovered from that little stunned she did seeing Fluttershy take off her white hood sending the wrong kind of message to the stallions.

" Sorry to say, but it's your life we're after " But Fluttershy wasn't planning to get those stallion their way with her. Fluttershy placed her torch on the ground and place her hood over the torch, making it go out in a instance making the room completely dark, surprising the other stallions with this. Fluttershy flew through the other stallions making her big escape, the other stallions were about to fire when the leader of the group said. " Hold back ! We'll shot each other ! " Not able to seeing were the target is they could windup shooting each other in the progress. Fluttershy remained running not knowing were she was about to go but she kept running and thinking about one thing.

" I promised I'd make it back..... I promised I'd maki it back safely ! " Out of nowhere Fluttershy was picked up from behind, one hoof covered her mouth and the other was holding her around her waist. Fluttershy was squirming in the hold but it was to strong. " No ! Di....Discord ! "


" She wasn't there ! " The cloaked pony said searching the temple for Fluttershy.

" She can't escape from here ! Find her ! " The leader of the group said.

" Sir ! " continuing their search.

" And make sure you kill her ! " The leader said after he turned to look again, not knowing that Fluttershy and the strange figure were hiding in one of the caves of the temple. Fluttershy was still struggling in the hold of the strange until he loosened his grip to let her go of the hold. Fluttershy turned around to face the strange, but much to her surprise it was no strange at all it was Discord.

" It's only a matter of time if we stay. One way or another, if we can make it out of the temple, we can get outside. " Discord said. Fluttershy couldn't believe her eyes, Seeing Discord in front of her wearing a black cape with golden lines on it. All that she could say was.

" What are you doing here ? " Discord was watching if the coast was clear but turned his head to Fluttershy as she spoke.

" At least thank me, first. " He said as a little joke.

" Hey ! If you're here, I fail the test ! " Remembering what Double Diamond said to her before she began her test.

" You're still on that ? In this situation ? "

" Or rather, what are you ? an Idiot ? How is it that you are here ? A really idiot "

" Don't keep saying it ! " Fluttershy was about to say something until they heard hoof steps coming closer. Discord's claw was covering Fluttershy's mouth making her quite. Discord looked from behind the wall and heard the cloaked pony's talking again.

" Let's check the statue again ! " One of the cloaked pony's said.

" Right ! " Moving back to the statue. Discord released his hold over Fluttershy's mouth, they could breath again.

" There's a route only the royal family knows. I used that. My powers can't teleport me if I don't see the place were I'm teleporting to, so I used that route " Discord said.

" You've got something like that, too ? Why didn't you tell me that from the start ? "

" It wouldn't have been much of a trial, then, would it ? Boring. " Discord said joking around.

" You're mean ! " Fluttershy couldn't believe this guy, he could have saved them so much trouble and instead he wanted some fun.

" You're just now realizing that ? "

" I'm surprised that Fancy pants allowed it " Thinking how protective he is about Discord.

" I didn't tell him " Discord said bluntly.

Back at the palace Fancy pants was looking for Discord but couldn't find him. " Majesty ! " Shouting in frustration as he know that he was gone.

" I'm grateful that you saved me......But I guess...... you really didn't trust in me, then " Fluttershy said with a said tone in her voice.

" I'm a creature of poor character, I guess. I know how evil stallions think. It's not that I didn't trust you. I just..... " Discord stopped before he said anything stupid that he might regret later on. Fluttershy looked at him waiting for him to finish but instead he said. " No, nothing. Right now, we need to focus on how to get out of here. " Changing the subject.

" You...." Fluttershy know he changed the subject but she let it go for now.

" It seems to me that this trial might be used of assassinations. The priests only let the princess they like get out safely. "

" That's barbaric " Fluttershy said as she looked at the ground finding a puddle of water, as she looked at it she go a idea from it. " I've found it ! A way to get out of here...." explaining the plan out to Discord. Back at the Rain Gods statue the guard were still looking for Fluttershy.

" Have you found her ? " The leader said.

" No ! She's not in here " One of the pony's said.

" All that's left is the waterway " The other said. The leader of the group saw fog coming from all directions.

" Were did this fog come from ? " The leader said also it came closer and closer, ticker and ticker almost to thick to see through it. Back were Fluttershy and Discord were hiding, Fluttershy was trying to manipulate the temperature around her. Fog occurs when the temperature of the air falls below the dew point. Because then the water vapor will condense in the air. Fluttershy was trying to concentrate, she never tried this before so this was kind of new for her. Discord was starring in amazement for he couldn't do stuff like this, as the fog became thicker and bigger.

" Incredible..... All this in the blink of an eye. At a time like this " The fog became so thick that he couldn't see Fluttershy anymore. " It feels so real that you....really are...from a distant world... " Discord and Fluttershy ran through the temple thoughts the secret royal route Discord was talking about. At the end of the route Discord and Fluttershy we're in the middle of the forest next to the capital city : Ginitari, They came out of a cave with fog behind them and rain falling down off them. " That fog looks like it'll last a while " Discord said catching his breath from all that running. " That was incredible, I didn't know you could do that, too "

" Haven't you learned anything ? " Fluttershy said also catching her breath, she wasn't used to run so fast of fly for that matter. " I can control anything as long a it represents the sun, all I did was change the temperature of the space that we were in. The principle is the same as making clouds. Do it in the sky, they're clouds. Do it on the ground, you've got fog. " Flutetrshy explained as she looked at Discord seeing that he wasn't paying any attention to her. " Hey, are you listening ? " Discord looked at her and said.

" Of course I a-- " Discord saw a pony like figure in the fog of the opening of the cave were they came out of it. Lighting up his horn to attack, Discord ran thoughts the figure with a serious look on his face that was ready to kill.

" But I think I really owe my safety to this little guy " Fluttershy said showing the ring that Discord gave her not know what was happening. The leader of the assassination group ran past one of the pillars next to the cave turned his head where Fluttershy was and aimed his horn at her ready to shot her, But the shot was midway block by Discords magic but the ring was cut in halve by the magic. Discord pushed Fluttershy away for her own safety, Discord was ready to fight with the leader of the assassins but before he could do anything a sword was lifted to his face by the enemy, so he summoned a sword of his own to match this fight fare and square. Discord had a advantage over the fight since his opponent wasn't really good at sword fighting. Their sword clashed against each other multiple times, seeing that Discord was furious the leader lost his balance and felt to the muddy ground his sword flew in the rainy sky after the next blow of Discord's sword. Discord took this opportunity to finish the stallion for good, he took the sword in both claw and paw with the swords tip downwards bringing it down next to the stallions face making a cut appear on his face. The stallions face was in terror and begged Discord to stop after his was about to cut of his head.

" Please, no ! " Fluttershy grabbed Discord by the shoulders trying to help the stallion that tried to kill her.

" Stop it ! " But discord didn't budge a inch. " That's enough ! Enough already ! " Discord heard a sound that someone was coming towards them and grabbed Fluttershy's hoof and ran away with her before they spotted them.

" Sir Dark moon.... " One of his comrades said. " Are you hurt ? " As he looked at Dark moon their leader seeing his face pale and not moving from the shock.

" Princess Fluttershy went that w- " The other one said as he was about to go after them, but he was stopped as the voice of Dark moon said.

" You don't have to follow her ! " Dark moon stud up and took of his mask revealing his dark gray coat, gray mane and tail, blue eyes, his comrades said.

" Are you certain ? "

" It's fine. First, tell Sir Double Diamond about our foolish king's actions here. " Dark moon said as he looked in the direction of were Discord and Fluttershy went. Fluttershy and Discord were still running with Discord holding Fluttershy's hoof in the rain away from the assassins, but Fluttershy couldn't keep up with Discord as he was faster then her and bigger so she had to fly.

" They're not following us anymore ! " Fluttershy said as she looked behind her but Discord didn't stop even a second.

" He's acting strangely...."

" Hey ! We have to.... We have to go back there ! " Fluttershy said as the ring that Discord gave her was still lying there at the opening of the cave. " Your ring...." Finally Discord said something but it was like his was so angry that Fluttershy flinched at it.

" Like I care about that ! " He stopped running and grabbed Fluttershy crushing her in his hug. " The truth is, I just...." Hearing his voice almost breaking out a cry. Discord moved his face in Fluttershy's mane not letting her see his face. " Couldn't stay there. Without even thinking, I grabbed my cape.....and came here...."

" He's trembling "

Discord cried out a few tears, Fluttershy couldn't do anything but stroke his back and listen to him. " I was so scared that I would lose you. So scared I couldn't stand it ! " He shouted in anger. " If you....If you disappear. I don't know what i'd do ! " Fluttershy blushed a bit that he cared so much for her. " I don't need some ring or some throne ! If it means that I won't lose you.... I would throw everything away ! " Fluttershy was so happy that he finally opens up to her. " I'll happily throw it away ! "

" This is all my fault "

Fluttershy hugged Discord back and said. " I'm sorry. Because I was focused on something so meaningless, you had to think about so many things. Such frightening things....and then you saved me. I...I've been completely wrong. I wanted to protect you. It just slipped my mind. I was blinded by your usual calm, that lucidity unsuited to your age." Fluttershy moved away from the hug to let Discord see her face. " But you've been all alone trembling in fear, just like this. " Fluttershy did the unexpected and placed a kiss on Discord's forehead. Discord's was as wide as they could be seeing the act before his eyes, without knowing Fluttershy use her powers to make the rain stop and the clouds disappear from the sky without even singing, her heart did all the work this time. Seeing the sunrise moving the dark night out. " Even thought you were so young. " The sun made Fluttershy's buttercream coat shine in the light at made Discord speechless. " I'm sorry " Blushing at what she did. " I didn't know how else to stop your trembling, but there's no reason for you to throw anything away. We don't know what the future might bring, so don't think about throwing things away before it's time. Instead, let's visualize a brighter place and work towards getting there together, okay ? " Fluttershy placed a her hoof on Discord's cheek and said with a sweet smile. " Don't worry. I won't go anywhere until then. You don't have to trust anything, but trust in just that one thing. " Discord remembered what that mare said who gave him that ring.

" Discord.... You never know what the future might bring. "

Discord placed his paw over the hoof that was touching his cheek and said " It's true. I never thought I'd ever be holding someone's hoof like this, feeling this warmth...." Fluttershy looked at Discord's shining and smiling face and couldn't help to smile too that he cheered up a bit.

" Beside..... If you weren't the Rain King, You'd have zero appeal, you know ! " Surprising Discord with the sudden change of subject. " If you strip away the whole kingship thing, I if have nothing to do here then since I came here to marry a king. If you aren't going to continue being a king, I will just have to go back to my home country. " Fluttershy said in a teasing way. Discord was not letting that happen so he said with full force.

" Hey ! I take back what I said ! I'm going to cling to my throne with an iron grip ! " He said thinking she was serious about leaving him. Fluttershy couldn't help but giggle at the serious tone of Discord.

" That's good ! " Standing up and looking at the beautiful sunrise that was still visible. " Hang onto the throne for my sake, too, okay ? " Discord stood up from his sitting place and also looked at the beautiful sunrise.

" Yeah, right. "

" The real problem is the ceremony today. " Fluttershy took of the cain with the halve of the ring on it and said. " There's your ring, but....Mine, too, I guess. We'll have to cover for it somehow. "

" I have an idea for how to do that. " Discord said confident.

" An idea ? "

" Discord's ultimate gamble. We're going to win, I promise you. When we're together no one can beat us. " Discord said as both looked at the sunrise, seeing that the dark clouds would return soon.


Back at the castle.

" The voices of the four gods ? " Fluttershy said.

" God of Tactics, Lord Star Swirl. He's famous for the zeus island invasion that resulted in zero casualties. God of weapons, Lord Randolph. Other countries still can't replicate his blasting powder formula. Lord Kibitz is the stallion with contacts all over the world. Good or bad, all organizations show respect to Lord Kibitz. " Fancy pants explains.

" Three such amazing men, and.... "

" Yes. With King Discord they are called " The Four Gods " The decisions made in that room " Fancy pants pointed at the meeting room of the castle. " Are known as the " Word of God " and no man can turn against it. " Fluttershy stared at the door seeing two guards at the entrance and on the door a big cloud with rain coming out of it forged in the door, and on each side of the hallway walls there were three guards standing completely still.

" But even they can't do anything about the ceremony ? "

" It was in that room that, long ago, that it was decided to turn festivals over to the Ministry of the Priesthood. The matter cannot be overturned " Inside of the meeting room The four gods were discussing the matter of the ceremony atlas that is what Discord thought.

" You've got to have beautiful ones ! " Randolph said.

" Beautiful Doesn't necessarily mean better ! " Star Swirl said not agreeing with Randolph.

" That's why I said it earlier ! Only if all other factors are equal- " Randolph said.

" No two of mares are exactly alike, though ! " Star Swirl said.

" You need to consider size and shape and the balance between mares ! " Kibitz said joining in the discussion.

" But the really smart ones are pretty great, aren't they ? " Star swirl said.

" Not everyone feels that way ! " Randolph said. Discord was sitting on his misshaped chair looking down on the three so called gods, not caring at all about the subject and said in annoyance.

" Can we talk about the ceremony already ? " Trying to change the ridiculous subject about different types of mares they like.

In Fluttershy's room Hoity Toity and the maid were trying to get Fluttershy dressed for the ceremony, but that also means for Fluttershy to go though torture again with the corset.

" Hurry " Hoity Toity said to the maids who were tying the strings of the corset together.

" Yes, sir ! " The maids said.

" It's getting hard to breathe ! " Fluttershy said struggling to stay alive long enough.

" I thought you said you lost five kilograms ! " Hoity Toity said.

" I did ! Half of it, anyway " Fluttershy said whispering the last part.

" Princess Fluttershy ! Suck in your stomach ! " Sweetie belle said as she tightens the corset more.

" I'm doing it ! " Babs seed said as she pulled harder on the strings.

" Hold it in ! " Scootaloo said pulling as hard as she can. As the corset got tighter Fluttershy let out a dream of pain out that the whole castle could hear it. On the balcony of Discord's office, Discord and Fancy pants were standing out side with a barrier surrounding them to prevent them getting wet by the rain.

" That roar you just heard was no demon. It is the sign that Princess Fluttershy's preparations are complete. " Fancy pants said.

" That's what I thought " Chuckling at the thought that she's going through tartarus right about now. " The only one who could scream like that...."

" .....Is me, right ? " Fluttershy finished for Discord hearing what he said about her. Discord turned around to she Fluttershy in white greek like dress with white gloves on and a white cape following her as she moved forward to him, seeing him in a white royal attire for the ceremony. " If they ever trussed you up in something like this, you'd understand. "

" R-Right..." That was all that Discord could said as he was only paying attention to Fluttershy's beauty.

" I Guess you can dress up anything " Right ? " Fluttershy said as she remembered him saying this to her the first time she wore this dress.

" No....you're beautiful " Discord said making Fluttershy blush deeply. " As the sky is blue, as the ocean is vast, Fluttershy, you are beautiful. " Not sure what is happening Fluttershy turned to Fancy pants and said.

" Is he sick ? " But Fluttershy only saw Fancy pants holding up a handkerchief to his eyes as her cried some tears.

" No.....King Discord is simply speaking from the heart " Fancy pants said as he continued crying.

" Get out of here " Discord said not able to standing it any longer with Fancy pants crying, so Fancy pants leaved but still cried. " Don't cry ! " Discord said but that only made his cry harder. Fluttershy giggled a little at the little scene and said.

" How's it looking ? The big match..... You think we can win ? "

" who do you think you're talking to ? Losing is the one thing I hate the most. "

" Right ? Hey, say that line again, would you ? " Fluttershy said in a teasing way annoying Discord.

" I'll kill you "


In the middle of the day with the weather as always dark cloud and a ton of rain coming down upon them. on a giant stone tower the ceremony of the Exchanging of the Rains was taken place were giant pillars forming a big circle around the open area in the middle of the tower with a tribune around for the guest who were going to watch the ceremony that was going to take place. On a little stage a earth pony with a pink coat and a purple mane was performing the ceremony with Double Diamond Standing next to the stage. " Because the high priest has been long indisposed, I Amira, will conduct the Exchanging of the Rains today. First, let us give praise for the fine weather that greets us on this sacred day. " Looking at the sky it was covered with clouds and rain keeps pouring down from the sky, fine weather indeed Fluttershy thought. " Your majesty. Princess Fluttershy. " Amira said as she looked at the two. Double Diamond was smile devilish at the two as the ceremony continued.

" There's no reason to call out the high priest for this. An exchanging of Rains without rings is unprecedented. We know that His majesty was in the underground temple, as well....I can't reveal that publicly, but that must be what has him looking so rattled. Right now, we have a hoof around King Discord's heart." Double Diamond thought as he sees Fluttershy giving the box where the rings suppose to be in it.

" Before we begin the ritual, please show us all the fruits of you Rite of Illumination. " Amira said as she opens the box but to her shock the rings aren't in it. " What is the meaning of this ? " Fluttershy bowed her hooves down and her head and said.

" Forgive me. I was unable to acquire the ring from the temple. " Shocking the crowd and Amira, but Double Diamond know this was the end for them.

" But...Does this mean you're giving up on the engagement ? " Fluttershy rises her head to face Amira and said.

" No... I am not giving up ! " Shocking the crowd one more and this time Double Diamond too.

" Double Diamond. " Discord began to speak. Fluttershy rises from her bowing standing next to Discord. " What my princess is saying is that some musty old ring from the underground is unworthy of a creature who is now king of the world. "

" Then..... what would be worthy of you ? Have you prepared a golden ring, perhaps ? " Amira said.

" something far greater. " Discord said with a grant smile on his face and turned around to face of the pony's that gathered here today for the ceremony. " Listen well, everypony ! " Discord shouted so that everyone could hear. " Princess Fluttershy is saying that, for a ring worthy of the Rain king, she will place a giant ring on the sun itself ! Don't you want to see that ? " Making the crowd go wild everyone wants to see that happening. Double Diamond walked toward Amira whispering in her ear.

" What is he plotting ? Amira, do you mean to allow this ? " Double Diamond said.

" Why not ? Do you mean to say you're not also interested in seeing what his majesty produces ? " Amira said.

" Then. please watch my princess and her miraculous talent ! " Discord said as he moved away from Fluttershy giving her all the space she needs.

" Air above and prisms that abound within you, please, respond to my voice. " Fluttershy held out her hoof and pointed to the sky.

The sadness born today
Soars high into the sky
The sky opens it’s eyes and calls the wind
Making my heart tremble

The dark clouds moved away revealing the bright sun that was hidden away by the dark clouds. Fluttershy gathered balls of sunlight around her and placed them in the sky.
" Take each others' hooves and gather the light. Make a shining ring, and place it on the great sun above. "

I want to protect you, I want to feel our destiny
The rear you shed, the hollow in your heart
I want to fill it with happiness

looking at the time that she and Discord were watching the sunrise after the escape from the assassins. " A ring on the sun ? " Fluttershy said in confusion.

" I read about the phenomenon in some old documents. Though they treated it like a bad omen. " Discord said.

" You mean a halo, right ? It's a sigh of rain about to fall. It's also called a " White rainbow. " It's the water crystals that make up clouds bending the light of sun. You want me to make one ? " Fluttershy said.

" Can you do it ? "

" I don't know. even if I did make one, I don't think that would convince them. "

" Probably not. But that's not what I'm after. " Discord said with a big smile and a confident look on his face.

It’s a tender light
May this song reach our side
No matter how far we are apart
Please believe in those words i gave you
Singing in the sunlight
The lightdrops are shinning beautifully
The moment when all the sadness is blown away
The world will come alive
Please come the tender light

Fluttershy took off in the sky putting her hooves above her head as the ring around the sun appeared. Hearing the crowd gasp at the miracle before them, even Double Diamond's and Amira's.

" Th-This is.... " Double Diamond said as he looked at the ring.

Even if one day this scenery withers away in the light
the overwhelming emotion will still
continue to shine into your eyes

Dark Moon who was standing on the sidelines was even bewildering. " There really is....... " He said looking at Fluttershy who was still singing in the sky.

I want to connect our hearts
I want to feel your pain
When you wake up, on the soaked grounds
The buds are definitely blooming

Discord looked at Dark moon's direction and thought. " That's not what i'm after. I just want to shake them up. " Hearing the crowd cheering at Fluttershy. Dark moon couldn't stand it and yelled out.

" Be quiet ! Wake up, all of you ! " But the crowd didn't listen.

It’s a tender light, listen closely
And melt into the tender air
Quietly falling down
I am always by you side
Singing in the light, I will sing
Send my feeling onto the sundrops
Across place and time
There is a shining love
Here comes the tender light

Double Diamond looked at Dark moon as he yelled getting the attention of Amira too. " Dark Moon.... " Double Diamond said.

No matter what our destiny is
Nothing can separate our tied hearts
No matter how sad you are
Smile and it will return to the sky

With shocking eyes Dark moon said. " This engagement was a sham from the start ! " Double Diamond was worried he might say something stupid and thought.

" Stop it...." Discord however got what he was waiting for.

" Those are the words I've been waiting for " Discord thought. As Dark moon continued Double Diamond had to step in.

" Because before the Rite of Illumination was over, King Discord entered the underground temple and gave aid to Princess Fluttershy ! We saw i- " Dark moon couldn't continue as he was smacked in the face by Double Diamond.

Please come the tender light
May this song reach our side
come the tender light

Fluttershy returned back on the tower ending her song after hearing a huge smack. Amira was just as shocked as the crowd that was stunned by the smack across the face. " What is the meaning of this ? " Amira said too Double Diamond but instead of him answering the question Discord did.

" The law of the rite is that after Princess Fluttershy enters the temple, no one else may enter. " Discord said moving forward. The dark clouds formed his way in the sky again covering the sun again. " I broke that law and entered the temple."

" With reason, I presume ? " Amira said.

" It was my only option, to stop the assassination of Princess Fluttershy. " The clouds covered the sky completely now and it started to rain a bit again.

" Assassination ! Double Diamond, did you know about this ? " Turning her attention to Double Diamond who had his back to her.

" Majesty, we planned this all by ourselves it has nothing to do with the Ministry of the Priesthood " Double diamond said turning around to face the two.

" What are you saying ? What did His majesty and you- " Amira said.

" It doesn't matter now " Double Diamond said interrupting Amira. " If you match the scar on his face to his majesty's sword..... " Referring to Dark moon's face as the rain came down from the clouds.

" Are you acknowledging that it's true ? Why....why would you..." Seeing Double Diamonds Angry face.

" Why ? Have you forgotten the restriction that the king forced upon us ? Have you Amira ? " Asking Amira with a twitching eye. " He belittled the Rain God, the source of our authority, struck down our authority and respect...... I just wanted to pay back some of that disgrace ! Are you going to reject that all as foolishness ? " Double Diamond said was anger in his voice.

" Double Diamond. I cannot cover for you. I cannot forgive those who turn against King Discord " Amira said as Discord looked with hatred at Double Diamond as rain drops few down on his body. Fluttershy walked towards Double Diamond saying.

" Double Diamond. I will give the verdict. I have His majesty's permission to do it. " Fluttershy's eyes was filled with fire for the foolish stallion before her.

" Are you going to take my head with the power of the wind ? Princess.... " Double Diamond said a little worried but didn't show it to Fluttershy. Fluttershy took of her white gloves and said.

" My own power's quite enough ! " Fluttershy said as she stroked Double Diamond hard in the face with hoof making a big sound that the whole crowd could hear even the three gods that were watching the ceremony from the palace with magical binoculars.

" She hit him ! " Star swirl said as he looked closely in the binoculars.

" Yes, she hit him> " Kibitz said as he was watching the scene between Fluttershy and Double Diamond.

" Is this the end ? " Randolph said.

" It can't be " Kibitz said.

" Not possible. A king capable of forgiveness.... " Star Swirl said.

" He's certainly changed " Randolph said.

" Yes, he has " Kibitz said agreeing with Randolph. Back at the tower Double Diamond was fallen to the ground after that hit across the face from Fluttershy.

" Double Diamond. As your future queen, I'll give you one degree less than death. In exchange, I want you to approve our engagement ! " Fluttershy said. Surprising him with that Double Diamond said.

" Even now....you want my approval ? Are you trying to show pity for me ? " Fluttershy bowed her head to face Double Diamond and said.

" I don't want any resentment to remain over this engagement. You said that sun and wind were ill-omened things. Is that really true ? The rain may be wonderful, but can you live on that alone ? we all live because of the wind, the clouds, and the sun. They're not things you can throw out just because they're temporarily inconvenient, right ? It's the same for this country, and for you..... You're a part of this country, right ? " Fluttershy said with a smile.

" Impossible.... " Double Diamond said keeping his head down in shame.

" Too soft ? " Discord said as he stood next Fluttershy. Double Diamond raised his head to look at Discord.

" Do you accept this ? "

" I don't care what you all do. If you're going to die out, die out. And if you want to regain that authority and respect of whatever, you can do that, too. It's up to you. " Discord said.

" You've changed. " Double Diamond said in surrender.

" Take him away ! " Discord commanded to the guards. At the end of the ceremony Fluttershy was on the bell tower watch the view of the town in the rain.

" In the end, we weren't able to get a set of rings." Fluttershy said to Discord who was standing besides her.

" Do you remember ? That bridge of light you showed me at the start....." Fluttershy nodded. " For a ring that will bind us together, if we bring that bridge together with this, just one is more than enough. " Discord said hold up the broken ring in his claw. Fluttershy blow in the wind as she did this a spec of light was shown from the dark gray clouds, revealing a rainbow in the sky.

" Isn't it strange ? " Discord took Fluttershy's hoof in his paw and said.

" What is ? "

" We only have half a ring, but the feeling contained within it are so much more. " Fluttershy said as she watched Discord placing the half ring under the rainbow making it whole again with the rainbow as the missing half.

" Yeah...." Discord said.

" Why don't we make more memories together.... from now on ? " Fluttershy said.