• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 1,857 Views, 27 Comments

Missing Number Escapes To Equestria - The REAL Mister Pkmn



The Ponies thought that they'd seen it all. A Nightmare from the past, a Lord of Chaos, an invasion of bugs, a Dark King, indestructible vines, a Magic-eating Centaur, a Cult that removes Cutie Marks, and mass abduction. They thought wrong.

  • ...
6
 27
 1,857

ERROR EIGHT: Illogical Actions Reaching A Critical State! Adress The Problem Immediately! Press Okay To Continue. Okay. <REFUSE>

A new day dawned in Equestria, and MissingNo. was ready to get to work on cleaning out Glitches. It turned on its computer, running a program to search for Glitch activity. MissingNo. perused the map while the computer spoke up. “ADMINISTRATOR MISSINGNO. PERMISSION TO SPEAK FREELY?”

MissingNo. huffed lightly, but resigned to hear it out. “Go ahead. I’m listening.”

The computer’s mechanical voice hummed a bit. “ADMINISTRATOR MISSINGNO. DO YOU HAVE SYMPATHY FOR THE ONE CALLED GLITCH OUT? YOUR
ACTIONS AROUND THAT GLITCH SEEM OFF…”

At that assertion, MissingNo. shook its head. “Don’t be ludicrous. I understand its thought process, sure. But I won’t let its actions slide. As long as it insists that it’s the enemy of non-Glitches, I will treat it as such. I just hope to convince it that things don’t have to be this way.”

The computer hummed a bit before changing focus. “LARGE GATHERING OF GLITCHES DETECTED. THEIR HEADING IS BANKING TOWARDS MANEHATTAN.”

MissingNo. rose. “Time to get to work, then.” In the blink of an eye, MissingNo. had exited the tower.


Manehattan, Equestria

Ponies on city’s edge pointed towards the glitches, lead by Glitch Out. “Augh! They’re here! Scatter!”

As the ponies started to back away from the city’s edge, MissingNo. arrived on the scene in an apparition of light. It spoke calmly. “I’ll handle this. Get everyone to safety.”

The mayor nodded, expressing thanks. “Bless you, MissingNo. Send them all away!”

The ponies went further into town, and MissingNo. took a deep breath. “Glitch Out! Stop this madness! You don’t have to act like this! I know the temptation is great, but you can overcome!”

Glitch Out shook its head. “Stop trying to mess with my head! No more nonsense! Attack!”

The cacophony of Glitches surged forward, attacking with full force. MissingNo. had never fought such numbers before, but it knew that it could. It activated the Filter Feather, and started to change form. But this time, the transformation completed. MissingNo. was now a giant bird with three sets of large feathered wings. Talons of silver protruded from the bottom of its body, now sleek with glistening feathers of white platinum. Protruding from its regal head was a beak of gold and head feathers of bronze hue. It then opened its eyes, and pierced the oncoming crowd with its rainbow eyes. MissingNo. activated the power of the Z-Crystal once more, and called out its attack. “CODE: RESTRUCTURE!”

The familiar beam of numbers mixed with letters erupted from underneath the glitches. The army of glitches was quickly cut to ribbons, and the whitish blocks gravitated towards Glitch Out. Its form grew to be about the size of Celestia herself, and it grew itself new wings. It barked out. “I am stronger than I was before, MissingNo.! This time, it is I who will be the victor!”

MissingNo. deflected the beam of whitish energy harmlessly off into the sky, and looked to the ponies hiding within the city limits. MissingNo. lured Glitch Out closer, and then played its trump card. “Take a look around you, Glitch Out! Don’t you feel anything for them? Is there truly nothing left of the pony you used to be?”

Glitch Out was resistant, at first. But when it glanced at the ponies by accident, it saw their fear. It saw the damage that it had caused, and saw the ponies’ reaction to it. It had ignored it up until now, but it had seen it before. It couldn’t stop itself from remembering the damage it had caused, the families it had split apart. Something started to well inside, and Glitch Out clutched its chest. “Wh-what’s happening to me? I don’t understand!”

MissingNo. drew closer, and laid a wing upon Glitch Out’s form. “Empathy. You’re feeling empathy, and major of guilt at what you’ve done thus far. I should know, I’ve been in this situation. Let me help you realize that your gift can be used for more than just destruction. Allow me to help you see the good that you can do for the world.”

Heavy breathing came from Glitch Out’s form. Flashes of something it once recalled flashed in its head. Ponies, cowering in terror. A force of whitish energy consuming everything. A scream from a child for its parents as it was drowned in the sea of whitish energy. And then… blackness, for the longest time. The next thing was when it first woke up, surrounded by the Glitches, whom it started to consider kin. Tears started to well as Glitch Out shook its head. “No! NO! LIIIEEEES!” It started to mutter “it can’t be, it can’t be” over and over as it started to grasp its chest tighter.

MissingNo. saw the state that Glitch Out had descended into. The situation at this point was delicate, and any wrong move could send Glitch Out into a ballistic frenzy. So, MissingNo. considered carefully what it could do. But then, it heard a scream as another Glitch started to find its way to the city. MissingNo. turned, and charged energy. “Not on my watch! Begone!”

Glitch Out looked up at the scene. MissingNo. fired upon the Glitch with great power, destroying it with little effort. The area around the glitch started to correct itself at MissingNo.’s touch. For the first time, Glitch Out saw the power that MissingNo. held in a new light. The way it reconstructed the damaged world with little effort… Like it knew the way the world was supposed to be, and it brought it back to that natural state. Glitch Out saw the ponies thank MissingNo. for what it had done, cheering its name. Glitch Out cast its mind back to what it’d recalled. The whitish wave that had consumed it. MissingNo. had only recently come to this world, so it couldn’t have prevented that. But if it had… things could have been different. Glitch Out shook its head, and stood. It took a sharp breath, and addressed MissingNo. “Teach me. I want to… understand.”

MissingNo. nodded as it reverted to its default state. “Very well. Come, we have much work to do.”

Glitch Out followed as MissingNo. led them to the area that it had been recovering in. Notably, it was not in the state that the Glitches left it in. Glitch Out looked around. “More of your handiwork, I presume?”

MissingNo. shook its head. “Yours.” At Glitch Out’s widening expression, MissingNo. responded. “This is why I reached out to you, Glitch Out. You have the potential to do as I do, you just don’t know how to control it yet. Allow me to show you how.” MissingNo. led them to a new area, far from the forest. This area was full of Glitches, of various shapes and sizes. The area was twisted and broken beyond recognition. “Ah. I didn’t know this was here. Oh well, it serves our purposes.” It turned to face Glitch Out, and saw it fuming. “Calm yourself. Acting on pure instinct will only further the damaged state of this place. Focus on tuning yourself into the former state of the area, and let that guide your power.”

Glitch Out took a breath, and let the anger subside. It cleared its mind, and lit its horn. It then “heard” whispers of what this place once was. A meadow, if it was interpreting things right. Full of flowers of many kinds, and a few trees. It closed its eyes, and focused on that image. It then let out a beam of magic, and destroyed quite a few of the Glitches, turning the area they occupied back to the state that Glitch Out had seen. It opened its eyes. “I… I did it! I actually did it!”

MissingNo. chuckled slightly. “Ah, I remember when I first pulled off mending the world. The feeling was… euphoric.” It shook the memory away, and continued. “Well done, for your first attempt. It is key to practice tuning in, until you start to do it as second-nature. It took me a while to get the hang of it at first, and so will it likely do the same for you. It is a difficult battle to overcome the Glitch instinct to change the world into wrongness, but it is winnable. I have overcome it, and it is white noise to me now. For you, it is hard to say when that will happen, but it will likely take a few years.”

Glitch Out looked to MissingNo. “Will you… stay until then? I don’t want to risk slipping back should you leave…”

A sigh escaped from MissingNo. “I will likely do so anyway; there is no need to fear. You are my student now. I need to ensure that you succeed, so that you can protect this world on your own when I do leave.”

Glitch Out understood, and smiled. “Thank you, for believing in me. I hope that… when time comes for you to leave, I can make you proud.”

Eyes glare from beyond the wall….

Author's Note:

Further into new territory we go! I don't know exactly where I'm going from here, but I will find a way!