• Published 14th Nov 2017
  • 1,854 Views, 27 Comments

Missing Number Escapes To Equestria - The REAL Mister Pkmn



The Ponies thought that they'd seen it all. A Nightmare from the past, a Lord of Chaos, an invasion of bugs, a Dark King, indestructible vines, a Magic-eating Centaur, a Cult that removes Cutie Marks, and mass abduction. They thought wrong.

  • ...
6
 27
 1,854

ERROR SEVEN: Caution! Backup Files May Be Corrupted! Do You Still Want To Access Them? <Y>/N

"Many thousand years ago, I looked much different than I do now. I had majestic wings, and powerful talons. The only Pokémon capable of beating me was my father, Arceus. Due to this fact, I was full of myself, a braggart. But because of my undisputed power, none could stop me from doing whatever struck my fancy; except for the rare occasions when Arceus would set me straight. However, my days of conceited arrogance were not to last forever.
For one day, the Game Freaks came to our world. Though they seemed to be mere humans at first, they displayed power to such an extent that it changed the fabric of our world- and through the cracks of their reckless ‘editing’ of the world, the Glitches seeped through.

Due to the rampant nature of the Glitches, and their power, the Game Freaks locked themselves in a room for safety. Many of the resident humans followed suit, for if the Game Freaks were scared, then the rest of them were terrified. Arceus, however, tried to stop the Glitches. He called to arms the strongest Pokémon in the world- the Legendaries and Mythicals. I too, was there, confident that I could take out these intruders with my power alone, but Arceus insisted that we work together- but such was folly. The others started to succumb to the power of the Glitches, and started to change. But this is when my power shone its brightest- I, in my naïvete, thought that I would be immune. So, fool that I was, I expunged the corruption from my fellows, and took it upon myself.
At first, it seemed that I was right. The other Legendaries and Mythicals were in my debt- and Arceus was impressed, as well. I let it get to my head that I was immune, while nobody else was. It was subtle at first, but after a while, I could no longer deny it- I was not immune either. I was changing into something else, something that hadn’t ever been seen before. Arceus couldn’t heal me, for I seemed to be the only one with that innate power. So I resigned myself to my fate- but vowed to go down swinging.

Back up against the wall, I took what I presumed to be the last of my sanity to beat back the Glitches. I had nothing else to lose- for everything else was deteriorating around me. I cast aside my ego, knowing that I might lose my mind in all this, that i might become like them. But I refused to do so while I was still in control of my facilities. I had gained a strange strength from absorbing the power of the Glitches, a boon that I didn’t question. With this power, I worked tirelessly to beat back the Glitches, eventually whittling them down so they weren’t quite as dangerous. Sure, they were still causing trouble, but they were easier to deal with.
I expected accolades, but I did not receive them. Most saw my new form as disturbing, and unnatural. Part of me was tempted to strike back. To put them in their place. But my father comforted me, saying the others didn’t understand. He asked me to continue helping with the Glitches, and maybe one day the others would appreciate my efforts. And so, I took his offer. It would have been easy to refuse, to take my newfound power and run rampant upon the world, but I didn’t.”

MissingNo. paused, staring into Glitch Out’s eyes. “Do you understand now? Whatever your troubles are that are causing you to lash out at the ponies, I have experienced them tenfold. I don’t expect you to change your mind immediately, if ever, but… The offer’s always there. I can help you work through your issues, and help you forgive them. All you need do is give me that chance.”

Glitch Out looked around, at the Glitches around it. It could hardly recall the life it had before becoming like this, and hearing MissingNo.’s story stirred strange thoughts inside its head. Flashes of what it thought might have been, a family it may once have had. Glitch Out shook its head, backing off. “No! No, nononononononononononononono!” It shook vigorously, staring at MissingNo. “Stop messing with my head! Stop!” MissingNo. Tried to approach, but Glitch Out backed further away. “I need to… GET AWAY!” Glitch Out summoned magic power, and blasted the area. In the commotion, Glitch Out got away, but MissingNo. saw the result of the blast. In the immediate area around it, the Glitches had been obliterated completely. On top of that, the natural order of the area had been restored. MissingNo. knew that Glitch Out had done this subconsciously, and this showed promise within Glitch Out. But MissingNo. knew that Glitch Out was having a possible clash of conscience, and it was best not to intervene lest things get messy. If Glitch Out saw the good that the powers it had could do, then it would be quite the asset. But if Glitch Out doubled down on turning this world into a haven for Glitches… Well, MissingNo. would be prepared for that, just in case.

Taking its leave, MissingNo. considered something. It could have easily wound up like Glitch Out, and since nobody else back home could deal with the Glitches until the Game Freaks got their act together and figured it out, MissingNo. could have terrorized and shaped that world as it pleased. But It had made a choice, a promise back then. To never give in to that sick desire to twist the world to its own design, and instead use its powers to help fight off the Glitches. MissingNo. sincerely hoped that it had helped urge Glitch Out along to realizing that it could do much the same, but there was always the alternative. However, lingering on it would do no good. MissingNo. made its way back to its tower to get some well deserved rest.

Author's Note:

Well here we are, chapter seven! It's kinda funny, seeing as I only intended for there to be six chapters. But now that I have the vision more figured out, it's unclear wether or not I'll be finished with this by year's end like I envisioned. We'll just have to see how that turns out.