• Published 20th Jun 2017
  • 1,099 Views, 3 Comments

A New Start - Lotus Moon



Lotus and Saphirus are starting a new chapter in their lives...and it's not going smoothly

  • ...
4
 3
 1,099

Wedding & Pregnancy

As soon as Celestia's morning sun poured through the windows, Lotus woke up feeling relaxed. She looked over to find a note where Saphirus should've been. She picked it up in her magic and read it.

Dear Lotus,

I hope you slept well. You looked so peaceful sleeping when I got back, I couldn't dare to wake you. Sorry I couldn't be there when you woke up. I had a few things to take care of at work. Once I'm done, and after doing a few more things, I'll see you at the alter. I can't wait to see my lovely bride. I love you.

Saphy

Lotus smiled and sighed, getting out of bed. She was going to freshen up in the bathroom when she ran into Twilight. "Hello Princess Twilight."

"Lotus, I told you, just call me Twilight."

"Oh, yes. I'm sorry. Twilight, do I have to do anything before getting ready for the wedding?" She asked.

"Hm, not really. Everything is taken care of from the venue to the catering. And of course, Pinkie is all set with your 2-in-1 party. All you have to do is relax and focus on yourself." Twilight smiled. "Breakfast is waiting in the dining room."

"I'll be there." Lotus smiled, heading to the bathroom. After a nice relaxing shower, and checking her foal bump, she made her way to the dining room. To her surprise, the rest of the Mane 6 were there along with Cadence and Shining Armor. "Everypony...you're here!"

"Of course we are. It's your big day after all." Rainbow Dash said.

"And being with the bride on her wedding day is always a wonderful thing." Rarity smiled.

Lotus took her seat and started eating. She heard the others talking around her, but all she really heard was her stomach screaming for food. She buried her face in her plate till it was clean before looking up and staring holes into the apple pie on the table. Applejack noticed Lotus drooling before her eyes wandered to the apple pie and back to Lotus. "Uh...do you...want this, Sugar Cube?"

"Huh?!" Lotus snapped out of her trance and looked to see everyone staring at her. "N-No...I don't." She blushed brightly before her stomach betrayed her with a loud grumble.

"Don't be ashamed. You're eating for two after all. Eat as much as you need to." Cadence smiled, levitating the pie over to Lotus. "Besides, you'll need your energy for today."

Lotus buried her face into the pie like Spike and made loud slurping sounds as she devoured the pie, much to everyone's surprise. Twilight told Pinkie to double...no, triple the food at the reception for Lotus' table just to be safe.

*****

Saphirus, at work, was tying up some loose ends. Dealing with his editor, he was fixing the last few chapters to his latest story. Even on his wedding day, he was relentlessly busy. Once his work day was done, he went to his scheduled meeting with the Wonderbolts leader, Spitfire, to talk about them doing a surprise aerial performance after the vows. After that, he went to the bookstore to buy some cookbooks to make meals for his expecting bride as well as several books on the topic of fatherhood and motherhood along with names for foals.

"Ok...just two more things then I can get to the spa for...a last minute treatment. And then....then..." He felt his legs tremble because his wedding was mere hours away now. Once the ceremonies were over, he would be married to the mare of his dreams. "It's really happening."

Saphirus ran around finishing his errands before going to the spa. He relaxed in a mud bath and got his coat sleek and shiny. Aloe and Lotus Blossom did up his hair and saw him off. He made his way to Town Hall where he got ready for his wedding.

*****

About an hour before Saphirus went to the spa, Lotus went herself. She got a simple treatment and had her hair done before returning to Twilight's castle to prepare for her wedding. The dress she put on was a simple white dress with ruffles along with a two foot long train. The hem was decorated with special baby blue diamonds Rarity picked out. She even used two diamonds as clips for the sheer white wedding veil.

"Wow...you look amazing." Cadence smiled, standing behind Lotus.

"She's right. You look ravishing, darling.The dress really suits you." Rarity smiled, proud of herself.

"Lotus, you look just like a princess on her coronation day." Twilight beamed.

"Thanks. Although...I'm really nervous. What if I have a mood swing and say the wrong thing or storm out of my own wedding? What if I make a fool of myself and just skip the wedding...and go for the food?! Wh-What if-" Lotus was interrupted again from Cadence booping her nose again.

"You'll do just fine. Girls, can you give us some space?" Cadence asked, Twilight and Rarity nodded and left.

Lotus stared at herself in the mirror, her ears pressed against her head. Cadence approached her and smiled. "I'm so nervous...and I shouldn't be! I have to be strong for the baby. But I can't help it."

"I know how you feel. All mares feel that way on their wedding day. I did too, but I was also very happy. But then I was kidnapped before my own wedding." Cadence said.

"Kidnapped?! You?!" Lotus stared wide eyed. Cadence told her what happened when Queen Chrysalis kidnapped and replaced her before her wedding to Shining Armor. Even telling her how it was Twilight who saw through Chrysalis' ruse and found the real Cadence. "All that...really happened?" Lotus asked.

"Yes. Thanks to Twilight, I returned to my beloved and with our love combined, we defeated Chrysalis and her army. Then in the same day, Shining and I were married with no more complications." Cadence giggled. "You see, as long as your love is strong, everything will be alright. Saphirus knows you better than anypony else and would never thinks less of you."

Lotus looked down and smiled. "You're right. He's kind and sweet and would probably laugh if I had a sudden craving attack in the middle of our wedding. He accepts me with all my flaws. And I do the same for him." Taking a deep, calming breath and releasing it, Lotus walked to the door. "I'm ready. Let's get to the wedding venue. My groom is waiting."

*****

The wedding venue was packed and buzzing with every citizen in Ponyville. Saphirus was standing by the bridge waiting for Lotus. Fluttershy was already there setting up her bird choir while Rainbow Dash did last minute weather checks before joining up with the Wonderbolts. Rarity was making picky last minute adjustments to the decorations while Applejack did her best to keep Pinkie Pie in order (and away from the food). Shining Armor was standing nearby and making sure Saphirus didn't go into panic mode, which he looked like he was close to. Saphirus looked at the crowd gathered and felt his legs beginning to turn to jelly.

"What am I doing here? I can't do this!! Why did I think I could? Ugh! Why did I think I could possibly make Lotus happy?" He thought.

"Hey...you ok?" Shining asked, snapping Saphirus out of his thoughts.

"Huh?! Oh...yeah...I-I'm fine. Just nervous."

"Look buddy, it's gonna be fine. Just relax." Shining smiled. "Look, they're here."

Saphirus looked up to see a carriage had pulled up a little ways away from the crowd. When the door opened, Twilight and Cadence stepped out and walked down the aisle and took their placed. Moments later, everyone was abuzz upon seeing Lotus step out. Saphirus was nearly blown away with how stunning she looked. Once she was standing next to him, they walked a little ways up the bridge to where Cadence was standing to begin the ceremony.

"Fillies and Gentlecolts. We are gathered here today to unite these two loving ponies, Lotus Moon and Saphirus. The love between these two is strong and has stood up to the...well...complications they've faced leading up to this day. But I have no doubt that they will face more challenges and conquer them all. And now for the vows."

While Cadence asked Lotus if she accepts Saphirus as her husband through all odds, Saphirus stared at his bride. He was so captivated by her, it took Shining poking a hoof into his side so he could say "I do" when his turn came. As soon as the rings were exchanged and Cadence pronounced the couple husband and wife, there was a sudden explosion from a Sonic Rainboom and a heart shaped rainbow streaked across the sky followed by different colors streaking through the sky. The audience applauded and cheered while Lotus and Saphirus stared in awe.

"Wow...it's so...so beautiful." Lotus smiled. Saphirus gave a quiet hoof pump to himself. The wedding went off without a hitch and the reception was just as successful. Aside from Pinkie getting a little too crazy and Lotus gorging herself on nearly three or four plates of food, everything went fine. After the celebrations, Saphirus and Lotus went to their home to settle down for the night.

"Well, it's finally official. We're married." Saphirus blushed.

"Yeah." Lotus laid her head on his shoulder. "It all feels like a dream. But a perfect one."

Saphirus looked at the ring on Lotus' horn and then the one around his neck and smiled softly. "Yeah. Absolutely perfect."