• Published 20th Jun 2017
  • 280 Views, 0 Comments

Willful Valor - Darkpop269



William Vealor died in a stupid way and was ready to except this fate. Unfortunately for him Death took a licking in him and gave him a new life in a new place.

  • ...
 0
 280

An Old Book (Prologue)

Author's Note:

Okay... this story has two main parts the 'modern' era were Will is long since dead and AU PreEquestria. Another thing for you to learn is that this story will be awkward at some points and sometimes Missy is a bit weird. I try...

Chapter 0: An Old Book

It was an unexpected accident when a old book fell from a bookshelf and bounced off of the head of a small lavender unicorn. The young filly who had been celebrating a successful spell cried out in pain and started rub her head as she scowled at the book. Her scowl faded when she realized that she had never seen this book before. She lifted it from where it had fallen with her magic and ran to find her mentor.

The young unicorn knew better than to read the books from her mentor's personal library without asking. She had learned that lesson when she had read one of her mentors books about Alchemy. When the potion failed and had nearly melted her mentors old sword, that was split into to equal haves, the unicorn learned two things. Don’t read personal books unless given permission and never never touch the broken sword that hung above her mentor’s bed. The great Celesta had almost had a magical surge when she saw then her student moving the broken sword.

“Celestia! Celestia!” The young unicorn cried out when she ran into her mentors sleeping quarters. “Can I read this?”

The white Alicorn herself looked up from her large stack of paperwork and immediately locked her eyes onto the worn book. She quickly stood from her desk, the paperwork forgotten, and walked over to her student. Her eyes were clouded with thought and a frown was slowly forming on her face

“No.” Celestia then gently overpowered her student’s magical aura and moved the book away from her student. It was placed gently on the Alicorn’s nightstand.

“Why?” The young unicorn pouted as she looked up at her mentor.

“It’s important to me, Twilight.” Celestia said as she lowered herself to look into her student’s eyes.

That caused the young unicorn to glance at the book. Celestia rarely claimed that things were important to her. The ponies under her care, the broken sword, an old photo album, a dull silver tiara, Twilight herself, and now this book were the only things that Celestia claimed to be important to her. This caused Twilight to view the book in a new light but it also made her to want to know it’s contents more.

“Can you read it to me?” Twilight asked.

Celestia stared at her with a soul piercing stare judging what Twilight was trying to accomplish. She then rises to her full height and stretched her legs. A long sigh escaped her lips.

“Maybe it’s time for somepony new to know the story,” Celestia strides over to her bed and settled onto it. “Twilight come here.”

Twilight ran to the bed and jumped next to her mentor. She then quickly snuggled into her mentor's side before she could change her mind.

“You are the fifth being to learn the contents of this book.” Celestia said as she wrapped a blanket around them and brought the book closer to them with her magical grip.

“Who are the others?” Twilight asked watched the book slowly come to rest in Celestia's hooves.

“The Author, his companion, myself, and… someone who was once close to me.” Celestia sighed.

"Who is the Author?" Twilight asked.

"William Vealor or Willful Valor." Celestia responded. "Whichever name you prefer to us."

“Who-” Twilight started.

“All the others are in the book if want to know who they are you'll learn about them in the story.” Celestia interrupted and then cleared her throat.

Chapter 1: The Dead Idiot.” Celestia began to read.