• Published 19th Jun 2017
  • 1,684 Views, 14 Comments

The Second Draconequus - Dusty Gears



abandoned by my parents, brought to another world, ran away from my second family, made friends then framed, reunited with my old friends, went through another world, made new friends, fell in love and solve mysteries. that's my predicament and life.

  • ...
7
 14
 1,684

Left and Arrived

Clothes? check, books? Check, pictures? Check, and anything else that shows i lived in this apartment are in the trash?? Check. I looked at my bag again, feeling proud of my work as a 14 year old boy all organized and easy to find. I had time to practice my skills since me and my family moved a lot of times throughout the year because we were running. I didn’t mind the running that much I quite enjoyed it. It was hard at first because I had to re-adjust many times but after awhile I became flexible to each apartment we’ve been through. At least I get to see many new places every time we moved.

My family moves because we’re being chased by the government. My parents are scientists studying artifacts found throughout space, they said it’s a really fun job but also hazardous due to not knowing what it could be but that’s the fun of it, always finding and testing something something new. One day they came across something they found very interesting but very dangerous. They said the government want it weaponized so they left the government. The government dealt with them leaving but after awhile they needed them back but my parents never came back. I don’t understand why the government is so persistent on chasing my parents throughout the United States but it’s what they want to do.

I looked around my clean and empty. Looking like the way I found it and how I’ll leave it. I stayed in this room for about a month so I couldn’t really do anything major to it but I was never the one to get too many souvenirs. I looked at the handiwork in my bag and closed it. I went downstairs to find my parents discussing in a very low volume, I didn’t want to disturb them so I decided to put my bags in the car. I went into the garage and find my neighbor walking his dog in the evening. I wanted to say hi but my parents told me that if they found out where we lived before our neighbors could be in trouble if they saw our faces. I didn’t really mind I had books, the internet and my parents. I placed my bag into the trunk and waited for my parents.

While waiting my jackal came out and barked happily at me. His name was Siri because how easily trained and smart he is. He learned and remembered tricks when I showed him and taught him how they’re done. I got him from an alleyway and he seems very grateful for keeping him with me, my parents even approved that I could keep him with me, as a friend I could play with. They came out a minute later and loaded the trunk with their bags.

We entered the car and drove off. I looked out the window to see the neighborhood and buildings of this town go by as we drove. My parents were unusually silent, I thought that maybe it was something they were concerned about but nothing was concerning before this point. I made sure I cleaned up my tracks and no one saw my face. This couldn’t be about me. I was about to voice my concern when we pulled up to a building.

“Get your bag Nix” my father said to me.

“.... Okay?” I said.

I went to the trunk and grabbed my things, and Siri came out with me. I looked at the building and it had the word “Orphanage” at the top. I dropped my bag in disbelief. They were abandoning me. Why would they do that? I’ve been good, I listened to their words, why was being left behind? I looked to see my dad ushering me to go inside, but I stopped.

“Why are we here?” I asked my dad.

“Because it’s for the best Nix” My dad.

“How is this for the best? I’m not an orphan”

“But we can’t take care of you” my mom said.

“How you have jobs everywhere we go”

“We can support but not take care” my dad said.

“What do you mean?”

“We home school you, feed you and clothe you but you have no friends, no idea how the real world works, this isn’t good parenting” my mom said.

“Isn’t the government after us?”

“The government is after me and your mother NIx not you, they don’t even know you exist” my dad said.

“Why don’t they know?”

“To keep you safe, we don’t want you to run for the rest of your life with us, you have a life to live and we shouldn’t control every minute of it with background checks and early morning wake up calls” my mom said.

“I don’t want to leave you”

“Nicholas, please understand that your life is what we are trying to protect. The government is an evil place that will do anything to get what it want even if it means torturing you, please we don’t want that for you” dad said.

“Fine, if you don’t want me, I’ll leave but is Siri coming?”

“Yes he can come with you

I grabbed my bags and went with dad to the front desk, I looked to see no kid in sight. I was starting to get worried but I didn’t notice dad leave. The clerk told me to come with him. We entered the dormitory to find it completely empty. She said that I have to go down to the cafeteria to have dinner with the other kids. She lead me down another flight of stairs where I saw many kids looking unhappy. I asked the clerk why but she just shrugged her shoulders. I was about to sit down until a kid called hit me on the head.

“Ow, why did you do that?” I said.

“Because it’s fun” he replied.

“That was painful”

“You complaining?”

“No I’m reporting”

“Okay, how about this” he said as he showed me my bag

“What are you doing?”

“Showing an example”

he brought out a pocket knife, he was about to rip my bag until Siri bit his leg causing him to fall down and let go of his knife and my bag. He screamed in pain while the other orphans just watched. He was wailing while bleeding out, he tried getting Siri off him but he wouldn’t get off. I called Siri back and the bully stumbled trying to get up. He turned to his buddies and they charged at me with knives ready. I brought my hands to defend myself, I waited for them to come but they didn’t. I looked to see them suspended in mid-air. I brought my hands back in fright and they were thrown back to the wall leaving cracked cement on their impact and blood on their mouths. I stared in disbelief and everyone started backing away from me. I ran away, I didn’t know where i was going but I ran away somewhere, anywhere that I could leave this place behind. I looked to see I found myself in the garden.

“Why? I kept running, lost my parents and now I hurt people, why am I different?” I asked no one.

“Because you’re special Nix” A voice replied.

“Who’s there?” I looked around for the voice of this person, but all I saw were plants and flowers of the garden and no other sign of a another person.

“Someone who can give you a future” the voice responded.

“What kind of future?” I asked.

“A future in a world where peace prospers and quarrels don’t exist”

“What kind of world is that”

“One that is very far from your own”

I thought about my situations right now. I was abandoned by may parents, Siri bit someone and I hurt the others will these powers. I think this place would give me up to the government for testing and I don’t want that and I don’t want to hurt anymore people here, I’m probably labeled here as someone to be afraid of, I lost the chance to make friends already and escaping the orphanage would warrant a search party. I have to start over, my life right now or what it could turn out to be isn’t good.

“Alright, I’ll go” I said to the voice.

“Excellent child” he said.

I waited for something to happen as I closed my eyes but I didn’t feel anything. I waited and waited but nothing happened, I was thinking a bright light or pain but nothing. I opened my eyes to find myself in space. I looked to see my body was gone as if I were just a pair of eyes floating through space. I looked at the universe to each part of it coming to me. I looked to see asteroids were forming my torso, it formed to be slim and long with a tail, nebulas were compacting together to form legs. Stars’ fire were coming and forming a flame on my tail and my arms. Planets’ crusts were forming my elongated neck and face and Black hole’s energy were creating my wings on my back and fins on my neck. I looked again to see I became a dragon.

“You are now the second draconequus to have ever lived in equestria” the voice told me as light from the farthest point in the universe suddenly engulfed me.


I woke up with the bright light and the cool air hitting my face and body. I opened my eyes to see a desert all around me, I stood up and noticed that I was lying on something soft and scaly even though the surrounding ground was sand and stone. I looked down to see a black dragon. I jumped off in fright and fell down in front of it. The sudden movement caused its’ eyes to open revealing a slit pupil, it was moving slowly towards me. I shielded myself with my hands for whatever was coming but it did nothing instead it started to lick my arms.

“Siri?” I asked the dragon.

The dragon widened its’ eyes and sat down. I approached him and he began licking my hand. he jumped up and lunged at me, I fell down under his weight and began rubbing his head on me affectionately. I scratched his head and he stood up. I looked at my arm and it was orange. I looked at the rest of my body and my torso was gray and my legs were red, I looked behind me to see I had wings. I would’ve freaked out but I remembered the process of how I came to be in this body. I’m made up of the universe.

“Where are we?” I asked myself.

“I don’t really know” a different voice answered.

“Who’s that?” I asked.

“Siri, I’m right behind you”

I looked behind me and Siri waved his claws at me. I looked around the desert and saw in the distance a small village. I stood up and began to test my wings. They flapped considerably slow and I couldn’t take off. I turned to Siri but he just shook his head meaning he doesn’t know how to fly. I sighed and began walking towards the village, but considering how short my legs were it was going to be a long walk.

I saw many stones and plants growing in the desert, with the abilities I have, which I never knew, I stopped and tried making the rocks fly. I closed my eyes and began imagining them flying up the ground. Nothing. I kicked the rocks out of the way and continued trekking. I turned back to Siri and he doesn’t seem to have problems with the heat even with his black scales. He must cold-blooded to survive this, I must be too.

The sun was past its peak when I had a good view of the village. It seems to be very bland with only twelve houses with 6 on either side and one small house in the middle and at the end of the village, and the most interesting detail is everyone was a horse, brightly-colored horses as if I was in a show for little girls and maybe older men. I could even see pegasi and unicorns in the village. Wherever I was in the universe, I would freak out but moving from one neighborhood to the next and seeing different culture makes want to assess this predicament first before complaining, plus maybe they can let me live here.

We walked toward the village, I was feeling uneasy about this because I didn’t look like them at all, I looked more like a bipedal dragon with powers I don’t know about of if I even have them. Once I entered the village everyone just looked at me. Someone screamed and they all ran into their houses but one was heading for the small house at the end. I was about to turn around until someone called out to me.

“Excuse Mr. draconequus”

I looked back to see a horse coming towards me. She has a pink coat, purple and teal mane and tail, and a mark on her flank, a purple and white star with two blue glimmering streams she came up and looked at me, examining me from head to toe. She looked up with a curious expression. The other horse however was cowering from a safer distance behind starlight, the other horses were looking through their windows as if waiting for me to leave or do something that would grant them fear of me.

“Yes?” I answered to the pink horse.

“Are you a young draconequus?” she asked.

“I’m fourteen”

“Explains why you walk instead of using your wings. Are you lost?”

“I have nowhere to go”

“Would you like to stay with me?”

She offered me a place to stay and it’s with the only person that didn’t freak out by my appearance. She’s a unicorn so maybe she can change my appearance into something less strange to the others, and maybe learn a lot of this place’s cultures and maybe what am I because she calls me a draconequus. I looked at Siri and he shrugged his shoulders. I didn’t know if I could trust her but the voice did say that peace prospers here so maybe she can’t be that bad.

“Okay” I said.

“Excellent, but your dragon has to stay outside for awhile because I don’t think he can fit inside, but there is something I could do for him” she said.

“Alright, are you okay with that Siri?” I asked Siri, my dragon.

“I’m okay with that” he said in my head.

“It’s okay” I said to the pink horse.

“Alright,hold still” she said then she charged up her horn and a teal aura surrounded Siri, with a bright light he turned into a small dragon, he looked younger.

“How do you feel Siri?”

“I feel the same just smaller” He said.

“Well, now that’s done follow me gentlemen.

I followed her to the small house at the end of the village, everyone was still looking at me and the horse that was behind starlight left to another house. I saw the house up close and it looked like every other house in the village except smaller. Once we entered I was impressed how everything fits inside. There was a stone chimney at the far left corner. A table on the right with a pitcher on it and a single chair, a bookshelf with kitchenware on the bottom shelf and a cabinet on the bottom, a bench on the left side, a door at the end next to the chimney and stairs leading up to somewhere.

“You two be sleeping in that room over there” she pointed out to the door next to the stairs”

“Thank you. Before we forget my name is Nix and this is Siri, it is a pleasure that you’ll let us stay here” I said introducing ourselves

“My name is Starlight, pleasure is all mine” she said

Author's Note:

special thanks to dragon whisper 243 for the idea