• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 5,762 Views, 113 Comments

The Nightmare Blessing - PixelMoon

  • ...
16
 113
 5,762

IX: Luna

Author's Note:

There is a bit of a time skip in this chapter. It took so long to write because I couldn't figure out what to do after last chapter.

The Nightmare Blessing (Rewritten)

Chapter 9: Luna

Written by PixelMoon


A few days have past since Luna told me that I was her daughter. She helped fix the castle up a little bit within that time period.

I must say, I was surprised that Celestia or my friends haven't decided to check the forest yet. I mean, no offense to them or anything, but it kind of was obvious. Were they really that stupid?

... No, I shouldn't speak so poorly about them. They helped me restore my mother. Even though I didn't know that at the time, I wish I could thank them.

Luna has been nothing but so nice and motherly since I found out. She helps me wake up in the morning, she helps me with my mane and all of that stuff, and she even helps me control my hunger.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. It seems that Luna really is a vampire. I was born with vamprism in my blood due to the curse placed upon my mother.

I told Luna about Clover the Clever and she just nodded. She told me that she was the one to make Clover a ghost in the first place. She also told me that Clover had unknowingly restored my vampirsm, but Luna had restored what I looked like a thousand years ago.

That also reminds me. I'm apparently over a thousand years old. 1,000 years and about a month old on my birthday, to be exact.

After Luna explained to me all of that good stuff, I happily accepted her into my life. There was some force that was telling me she wasn't lying, and I trusted it. After all of the tears shed, we were both ready to move on.

That leaves me with the fact that I'm an alicorn apparently. Though, I'm clearly not a normal alicorn like Luna. The curse had woven itself into my veins and changed my DNA somehow. I was supposed to turn out as a normal alicorn, but instead, I ended up with black bat wings.

Okay, now that everything is out of the way, that brings me to today. After everything that had happened in the past week, Luna and I both agreed to just spend the day chilling in the half restored castle.

I woke up in the room I had restored in the beginning of all of this with Luna poking me that with her horn. "Wake up, Twilight... The sun is going down now."

I groaned and mumbled, "Five more minutes, mom..." and then I proceeded to bury my face into the black pillow.

I heard Luna chuckle a bit. I didn't hear anything else, and so I figured she let me sleep. I smiled slightly and snuggled the pillow.

Then suddenly, Luna dumped a bucket of freezing cold water on my face. I shrieked and flew up out of my bed, my eyes wide.

Luna immediately cracked up laughing and had fallen on the floor. I glared at her and wiped the water out of my eyes.

"MOMMMM!!!!!!" I yelled loud enough that the walls slightly shook. Luna's ears folded back, but she continued to laugh as tears fell down her face.

I hissed and tackled her. She gasped in surprise but she still laughed. I started to giggle as we wrestled on the floor.

Eventually we released each other and just lay on the floor. I panted as I caught my breath.

Well, that was one way to wake up.

"Good morning, mom," I greeted as I finally got up and off of the ground.

Luna smiled as she got up as well. "Good morning, Twilight."

I stretched my limbs and my wings flared out. "I should probably get cleaned. I'll be back soon, mom."

I walked out of the room and into the closer bathroom. I turned on the newly put in shower - installed by me! - and let the water warm up.

I looked into the mirror at my face. My eyes widened and I chuckled weakly. My hair was an absolute mess. The shadows had been washed away by the water Luna thrown on me, but I didn't really care. Once my mane dried they would come back.

I walked back over to the shower and put my hoof in the water. It was warm already. I grinned and stepped in, closing the black curtain after me.


I turned the water off and opened the curtain. A wave of cold air greeted me, and I shivered. I grabbed a towel that was sitting nearby and wrapped it around my body.

I sighed in relief as warmth spread over my body again. I walked over to the mirror, only to find it was all fogged up.

Using my hoof, I easily wiped away the condensed water. When I could see my face properly, I put my hoof down.

My mane was drapped around my shoulders and fell on my face. I used a hoof to move it out of the way.

Since I didn't feel like using magic to dry my mane and tail, I took the towel off of my body and hung it up. The cold air returned, and I quickly returned to my room.

I grabbed a sweatshirt Luna had brought back with her when she came from Canterlot. It was a navy blue, and was so comfortable.

Once I had it on, I left my room with my wet mane inside the hood of the sweatshirt. I trotted down the stairs of the castle and soon a smell filled my nose. I inhaled it, and my stomach growled.

"Twilight! Are you hungry?" Luna called from the half restored kitchen.

"I'm starving! Give me a second, and I'll be there." I called back.

I quickly went down the rest of the stairs and went to the kitchen. I saw Luna with a glass of a red liquid up to her lips.

She pulled it down and reached behind her. Another glass was in her hoof, and passed it to me. "Fresh from the source. Enjoy."

I took the glass in my hooves, but did not drink it. "Where did you get this?"

Luna pulled her glass away from her lips again with a grunt. "There was a manticore trying to get in. It was already dying, and so I finished the job."

I nodded. I didn't really like the idea of drinking the blood of others, but so long as a pony was not harmed in the process, I was fine.

Finally, I brought the glass of blood up to my lips. Luna and I tipped back at the same time, and a warm liquid filled my mouth.

I closed my eyes and savored the taste. It was so good! I smiled and quickly finished the rest.

I put the glass down and made a satisfying sigh. "That was the best blood I've had in a while. Who knew manticore tasted so good?"

Luna nodded. "Manticores have the best blood, aside from ponies. I really wish you would have pony blood. It has magical properties, and it just tastes so good!"

I sighed. Here we go again.

"I'm not having pony blood, mom. It just doesn't seem right."

Luna sighed. "You're just like your father, you know that? He never wanted to hurt a creature, even if they wanted to kill him."

I looked at Luna curiously. "What was my dad like? You haven't really talked about him."

She sighed and looked away. "He was the best stallion in the world. He took the time to court me, love me, and put up with me. Nopony ever did that. They all were too afraid of me. They said I was the 'Night Mare.'"

She put a hoof to her chest. "Even though he died a long time ago, I know he's still here, watching over us from above. "

Luna put her head down, and a single tear fell down her cheek. I walked over to my mother and hugged her. "It's okay, mom. You have me, now."

We stood there in silence for a few minutes. Luna hiccupped a few times, while I just rubbed her back.

Eventually I let go. She wiped away her tears and smiled at me. "Thank you, Twilight."

I hugged her one more time, and then left. I walked to the library, with me only getting lost twice. I smiled and ran to the doors.

I squealed at the sight of thousands and thousands of books, all unread. I ran to the first book I saw and grabbed it.

"Star Constellations..." I read, before squealing in delight. "This is gonna be so great!"

I walked away from the place I found the book, and looked for a place to sit. It didn't take very long, though.

I sat down in a dark red chair and made myself comfortable. Once done, I cracked open the book and started to read.


I shut the book with a smile on my face. It took no less than two hours to read the five hundred page book about how to identify star constellations and all of the constellations that were created a thousand years ago.

I glanced at a nearby clock. The clock read 2:13 A.M. I sighed and got up.

As much as I wanted to read more, I had to find Luna. We wanted to take a nightly stroll through the forest at 2:15.

It didn't take me long to find my mother. She was in the foyer of the castle, adjusting her cloak. I grinned when I saw her.

"Mom!"

Luna looked up in my direction. "Twilight!" She glanced at my mane. "Your mane is still wet, dear. Did you never dry it?"

I shook my head. "I didn't feel like using magic today. But let's go!" I put my hood up and opened the door with my hoof.

Luna followed me shortly after. She closed the door and put her own hood up and then walked up to me.

We began walking through the forest in silence. The only thing I could hear was our hooves against the ground and wildlife around us.

Luna sighed. I glanced at her questioningly. "It's so peaceful out here."

I nodded. "Yeah. It feels nothing is happening. Like, how things were before this week. I was just Celestia's student, hating everyone in the world besides her and my family."

Luna turned to me. "Well if life didn't get some action once in a while life would be rather boring, now wouldn't it?"

I nodded slowly. "Yes, I suppose you're right. It just seems like we never get a break."

Luna was about to respond, but was interrupted by a sound. We both turned our heads instantly in the direction the sound came from.

"Come on, y'all. She has to be out here somewhere."

"Applejack is right. she has to be here somewhere."

"I don't know why we didn't come here to begin with. This is like the most obvious place to go if you were in exile."

"Me too! I was thinking that from the beginning!"

"Well, I do. It's absolutely dreadful!"

" ... "

I turned to my mom in panic. She looked at me with a worried expression.

It seemed I was right. We were never getting a break.