• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 5,762 Views, 113 Comments

The Nightmare Blessing - PixelMoon

  • ...
16
 113
 5,762

VII: Reality

The Nightmare Blessing (Rewritten)

Chapter Seven: Reality

Written by PixelMoon


I reappeared in the Everfree Forest once more, next to the castle that I seemed to become more and more attached to. I saw Princess Celestia flying overhead, and growled. They were looking for me.

Just great.

I trotted up to the castle doors with an irritated look on my face. Opening one of the large doors, I walked in.

I sighed with relief once I was inside. Even though the castle was abandoned and in the Everfree, it still brought comfort and safety to my wellbeing.

I trotted to the old thrones in front of me, the red carpet leading my path. Once I was in front of the two thrones, I filled my horn with magic.

My magic swirled around the thrones before enveloping them in my aura. My magic slowly turned black, and my expression became more relaxed.

I started to feel the vague feeling of Shadow Magic flood through my body once more. But this time it wasn't on purpose.

"Why is my magic all shadowy?" I murmured to myself.

"Because your magic is slowly transferring into the Shadow Arts, young Twilight Sparkle."

I groaned and glanced behind me while keeping my spell strong. "What are you doing here?"

"Our... My sister left the castle in Canterlot in such a hurry that even after our little interaction in your head I had to make sure you were alright."

I rose an eyebrow and focused on my spell. "That is nice of you, but I'm fine. You can leave now."

Luna paid no heed to my command and stayed where she was. "I also wanted to talk about something else, Twilight Sparkle."

"Just Twilight is fine. What else do you need?"

Luna didn't respond right away. Instead, she shot another question at me.

"What spell are you channeling through your horn, Twilight?"

Despite not receiving the response I wanted, I replied. "I'm melting Celestia's and your old thrones. I realized that after the encounter with Celestia and my friends I couldn't live in Ponyville anymore."

Luna made no reaction, except for a slight nod. "I see."

I finally released the spell I was powering, and was met with an empty space that the thrones were not even a minute ago.

Luna nodded at my work, and trotted around the foyer of my soon to be home.

As she looked at one of the old tapestries that depicted herself and Celestia when they were younger, Luna finally spoke again.

"It's nice that you are finally realizing the stakes of your situation," she said. After a few seconds, Luna added, "no pun intended."

I quickly turned to face her, my eyes widened. "The stakes of my situation?!"

Luna turned away from the tapestry and faced me. "Indeed. You are a vampony, are you not?" I nodded, and she continued. "Ponies who rightly believe that creatures like you still exist, and will hunt you down. There is a chance that you can die, and as you are right now, you could have a stake through your heart easily."

I blinked, before it all started to sink in completely. Before, I knew I was a vampony and all, but all I thought about was that I was a monster. But now...

Luna's words during our first encounter echoed throughout my mind. I knew that without a doubt that her offer still stood.

"Of course, before Celestia had your back, and would protect you from all of this. But now look. "

Luna gestered to a hole in the ceiling, which I planned to fix later. Celestia was flying ahead, though her figure could only be seen slightly from the hole.

"Celestia betrayed you. As did your friends. As soon as you made a minor mistake they called Celestia to murder you. It is not your fault that you have to drink blood. It's not fault that they were not being reasonable."

I shook my head slightly and lit my horn again. "Now that isn't entirely true. Celestia could have been coming to help me and I know that my friends had good intentions at heart."

My magic became Shadow Magic faster than the last time I used my magic as I began to mend the ceiling of holes. Strange enough, I was not tired from using magic. Though I supposed after going through hell and back, I shouldn't be surprised.

Luna didn't seem to be surprised at my feats, and instead seemed perplexed by my words. She just stared at me silently.

She eventually turned away from me and instead looked at the large hole I was mending. It slowly got smaller and smaller, but Celestia still flew overhead, though she was still.

Luna squinted at Celestia's form above, before gasping.

"Close that hole faster, Twilight Sparkle!"

Her sudden shot slightly startled me, but I kept my spell going. "What's wrong, Luna?"

For the first time since she got here, Luna showed some uncertainty. "Celestia."

I gasped and immediately channeled more magic into my spell and increased the process. All of the holes in the ceiling were gone almost instantly, though is cost me some deal of magic.

I looked at Luna once done, a grave expression upon me.

Luna closed her eyes and ignited her horn. "I believe Celestia cast a tracking spell on you and that is was she was doing up in the sky. She knows where you are."

I gasped and realized what this meant. No matter where I was, Celestia would always find me. Every. Single. Time.

"What are we going to do, Luna?"

Luna muttered something under her breath, only a few words audible. "We... Yes, we. We are going to remove it."

I gave a confused stare. "That is next to impossible unless you are the one who cast it, Luna."

Luna gave a slight smile. "I know. But that doesn't mean we can't try to. With myself being an alicorn, and you..." she paused, almost like she was trying to phrase is in the best way. "You have alicorn like powers, and so combining our magic is like two alicorns breaking the spell."

As I thought about what she said, the more I smirked. Luna was correct. With my powers, I might as well secretly be an alicorn!

With a firm nod from my head, I lit my horn and put it against Luna's. There was a slight gasp on her part and a weird sensation flowing through us. It felt almost familiar. Like, the feeling Celestia had told me about and shared her memories with. The feeling she said only two related ponies could make when touching horns.

But that couldn't be. Luna... She couldn't be! I...

I gulped and stared at Luna while still powering the spell. She was slightly smiling from the contact we made.

We can't be. It is impossible. There is nothing recorded by history saying that Luna had an offspring.

I powered more magic into the spell, causing a gasp from Luna. I just wanted to get this over with. I needed to ask her.

Luna poured more magic into the spell as well, keeping the flow of magic steady and balanced.

The spell suddenly shot away from us, but not before flowing around us and removing the tracker like it was created to do.

We both opened our eyes. Luna was jumping up and down in a very unlike herself way, before noticing me.

"Are you okay, Twilight? Did the spell hurt you? It shouldn't have."

My head was lowered, and I had closed my eyes. I clamped my teeth together, tears forming from my eyes.

I looked up finally at Luna, tears streaming down my face. "Luna... Are you my mother?!"