• Published 18th Jun 2017
  • 5,539 Views, 27 Comments

Tales of Love Two: Attack of The Shipping - Mister Phoenix



Spike's back in the series of one-shots with different mares from within the show.

  • ...
13
 27
 5,539

Musical Taste: (Octavia x Spike)

It all started one magical night, Spike stood alone once again watching other ponies, them dancing with that special somepony that they fell in love with. The dragon had just became a teenager a few weeks before the gala, with still no luck in the dating world. Thoughts ran through the purple dragon mind about just giving up on find that perfect mare.

That was until he saw her. She has a dark gray mane and tail, a light gray coat and light purple eyes, and she wears a pink bow-tie with a white collar. Her cutie mark is a violet treble clef playing a lovely melody on her cello. Spike couldn’t help, but glare into her lovely purple eyes the music ended and the mare took a bow causing the audience to clap she walked off stage.

The dragon pushed through the crowd, a new band taking the stage. The earth pony mare took a seat and drink of water. Looking towards the stage, the new band playing loud rock and roll, the deafening music blasted through the halls. She was thinking of calling it an early night, there was severly bands after her that would easily play through the night.

“Hi there.” She heard someone say, the mare turned to see a purple dragon smiling at her.

“I saw you up on stage, you are beautiful.” Spike mentally hit himself, “I mean fantastic” the mare let out a giggle.

“Sit down, have I meet you before. I feel that I have” her voice sounded like angels singing, well that what Spike thought.

“Oh, my bad. I’m Spike, I used to live in Ponyville.”

“That’s right. I had see you around, but unfortunately never truly met, I’m Octavia it's a pleasure to meet you.”

“I know this might sound weird, but you want to go out on a date sometime?” Spike asked, Octavia gave him that smile that he felt that he might melt.

“Sure I’ll love to, this night is over for me. We can just get something now” Octavia said, Spike smiled.

“As you wish, my lady.” Spike said, taking her leg, with his arm. While the two left The Gala, into the cold night of Canterlot.

It was just a small cafe, down the street. A warm cup of coffee with a light snack, the simple setting of the cafe with the lights and silence surrounding the area. Octavia and Spike took a small walk through the park the snow on the top of the trees, the pony and dragon talked on their quiet and simple walk.

“You know Spike, this has been one great night.” Octavia spoke, with Spike nodding in agreement.

“Tell me about it, maybe we can go out another time?” Spike wondered

Octavia kissed the teenage dragon softly on his scaly lips, “I’ll love to.” She said before entering her home, causing the rain to start falling down from the clouds.


The relationship between Spike and Octavia started off great, the two got together each second week for a nice dinner or just simple walk in the quiet peaceful night. That was until the two decide to move in together, Spike moved in with Octavia everything was perfect when the new couple started to argue over the most littlest of things.

Causing the musician earth pony to take a leave. Walk through the night time, when she got home Spike was there with something romantic that made her heart melt and grow a smile on her lips. Then she would forgive him, then few days later the whole thing would just happen again and again.

Finally Octavia decide she had enough, the next time she saw Spike, she would give him a piece of her mind, which was at breakfast, since last time ended in a fight and Spike sleeping on the couch.

Spike happily eat his pancakes waiting for Octavia to get ready, the earth pony mare place a piece of paper in front of him.

“A couple councillor? Why would we need one of those?” Spike question

“Because of us. We fight almost every night, I love you Spike and you love me. I don't want us to break apart.” Octavia stated

“Fine if it really means that much to you. We can go, but I doubt it would work.” Spike said, Octavia ignore the few lines and hugged her boyfriend and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“What days?” Spike asked

“Well I know we’re both busy early most days. So a week Monday to Friday in the afternoon will be best.” Octavia said

“Sounds great, I can't wait for your show tonight. I bet you’ll be perfect.” Spike said, Octavia shock her head grabbing a plate of pancakes.

“You think all my shows are great, it hard to tell if you're being honest or not.” Octavia spoke.

Spike took a bite out of his last pancake, before drinking some of his tea.

“I promise you when we started going out. That I will always be honest to you, I don't want to hurt the one I love with a lie.” Spike said, Octavia let out a sigh at him.

Once the dragon finished his breakfast, he walked over to give Octavia a kiss on the lips.

“The first time for the couple councillor, is tomorrow at three in the afternoon.”

“I’ll be there, I know this means a lot to you.” Spike said, when he grabbed his brown coat.

“Well I’ll see you at your show at two in afternoon. Later ‘Tavia" Spike said, before he came back to the dining table to give the earth pony musician a kiss on the lips. Before leaving for his job.


The clock hit one PM, Spike walked down the street. Stopping at a flower stand, he happily gave the mare five bits for a few roses. He got there, the crowd was filled with ponies. Stallions with suits and tall black top hats, while the mares wore their dresses of red or pink or blue.

Spike forced to stand at the back of the room, since ponies complained about not being able to see the show when he sits in front of them.

Ponies stomp their hooves, when the band came out on stage. Spike clap his claws together, ponies in the audience gave him cold stares. Even with the peace treaty that was made with the dragons over eight years ago. Ponies was still didn't trust dragons.

Spike watched in silence while the show played on, the dragon looked at Octavia playing her cello. With the look of passion in her eyes, that show how much she loved playing classical music for ponies who still believe that the best style of music was in past.

Once the show ended, Spike went backstage to meet up with his marefriend. Octavia greeted him with a hug and a quick kiss on his lips.

“Another great show, ‘Tavia. Modern music is still better than classical music.” Spike said, Octavia tighten her teeth in anger.

“Oh not this again! How many times do I need to say that you're wrong. Songs like She’s A Lady and I’m A Believer, shape the world of your horrible modern day music. That is just the same one word with a dumb stupid beat repeated in the background!” Octavia shouted at her boyfriend.

“Well what about you old timey music. That isn't all Sunshine and Rainbows.”

“That another classic song!”

They just kept going back and forth between the two. Spike had always liked the more modern songs, with heavy Rock ‘N Roll and while Octavia enjoyed the quite peacefull of classical music. Old love songs, that made her smile.

This always draw a bridge between the couple. That sat the next day, both in single chairs. While a unicorn mare with a white coat and a green coat. She wore glasses with her mare tied up in a bun. Miss Eternia.

She gave the couple a cold and hash stare while their fought in front of her. About what movie was better, Miss Eternia gave a loud cough, before banging her hoof on the brown wooden table.

Spike and Octavia stopped fighting. To look at the mare.

“I have seen couples like this thousands of times. It never works, a relationship build without ground is just going to fall.”

“That not true!” Spike said, Miss Eternia just blinked.

“Name one thing, that you two have in common.” Miss Eternia said, Spike and Octavia looked at each other.

“There's one thing we have in common. The only thing that would matter, I love Octavia and she loves me back. I will walk to the end to Equestria to that smile that makes my heart leap.” Spike said.

The earth pony musician smiled at him, leaning to kiss him.

“I was going to save this for later, but Octavia. I don't know what I’ll do with you in my life.” Spike got on one knee, pulling out a black box out of his jacket pocket.

“Will you marry me and make me the happiest dragon in the world?” He asked

“Yes, of course I’ll marry you.” Octavia said

“What happen here?” Miss Eternia question

“It might be a bumpy ride. But with you by my side, I know we’ll make it.”

Author's Note:

So, I been wanting to do more relationship stories like what I did with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy in Shy Rainbows. I don't see much of the relationship between two characters. It normally how they fell in love.

Spitfire chapter would have been a relationship chapter, but that was getting hard to write. Anyway please do tell me what you thought about this chapter.

But, thank you to FamousLastWords. I need a little push to make this version of the Musical Taste. The other one was weird, it was about the relationship but then they broke up then got back together.

Next is the bonus chapters. There three, two normal chapters then the final chapter with every girl that already been ship with Spike in one big chapter. (Oh, help me)