• Published 20th Jun 2017
  • 889 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XVI: The Crystal Princess - sonicdash123



Charming Thunder sets out on an adventure with Sombra and Radiant Hope to bring back the princess of the Crystal Empire.

  • ...
13
 11
 889

Chapter 11: Aftermath of the Operation

Charming Thunder was still with the princesses checking the status reports on the destroyed factories, shipyards, and outposts. They were relieved to hear that some survived the destruction after the operation Danny pulled off. They were also surprised to hear the news that they haven't been attacked by either the Eternal Empire of the Mephiles Alliance. Things have gone quiet since the operation occurred. Charming Thunder looked at the hologram image of Canterlot with the fleet flying over it when a soldier entered the room. "Sir, we have a situation," he stated.

"Report," Charming Thunder ordered.

"It would appear that in the midst of the Eternal Fleet crippling our military, they also attacked a few of our science facilities."

"Anyone hurt?" Celestia asked; worried.

"Negative, princess. The Skytroopers didn't injure anyone but rather, took some of our technology. They took a prototype energy absorption satellite laser that was design for energy absorption that was supposed to allow our ships to drain shields like the Shield Leeching technology used by the Phantom Consortium. They also stole a Cryochamber for whatever reason. They also stole a handful of power generators that were actually being used for the science facilities and since the generators of these facilities are more powerful than normal, they took some high powered generators. With the amount they took, they took enough to power five Death Stars, sir." The last bit of information made their jaws drop at the news.

"Anything else?" Twilight asked.

"Well...there is something else." The soldier looked nervous.

"What is it?" Charming Thunder asked; wondering why the soldier was nervous.

"The Eternal Empire raided the Crystal Temple, sir."

"What?" the princesses and Charming Thunder shouted in unison.

"Anyone hurt?" Charming Thunder asked.

"No, but the Eternal Empire take a coffin from the funeral district," the soldier replied.

"Who was it they took?" Luna asked.

"The body of..." The soldier was shaking before he could finish. "Danny Eclipse, sir." Everyone in the room gasped.

"Thank you for the report, soldier," Charming Thunder said. "You are dismissed." The soldier saluted before taking his leave from the room. Charming Thunder then thought about something. "What would the Eternal Empire want with my brother's dead body?"

"I'm not sure," Cadence said. "But whatever they are planning to use it for, it may not be good."

"In the meantime, we must be ready for anything if Danny returns either friend or foe," Luna said. Everyone else nodded in agreement and continued to look at the hologram of Canterlot.

---------------------

It's been a few days since the operation happened. Charming Thunder sat on his throne as he went through letters. One stated a thank you letter from Thorax for signing the treaty and hope to become good friends in the future. He also heard from Celestia that every factory, shipyard, and outpost that was destroyed is being rebuilt and that Cadence asked the guardians of the Crystal Temple to tighten security if anything happens. He rolled up that letter and got up to leave the throne room. It was when Applebloom entered the room. "Hey, Applebloom," Charming Thunder greeted. "What's up?"

"Big Mac wanted me to introduce you to somepony now that we got back from Starlight's old village," Applebloom said. "Big Mac would be here, but he had other things to do."

"He must be shy to introduce this pony to me." The two ponies laughed. "So who is this pony?"

"I'll bring her in. She's visiting from the village now that her and Big Mac are together." Charming Thunder nodded as Applebloom left the room. After waiting patiently, a mare entered the room he recognized from a long time ago. It was Sugar Belle, a baker pony of Starlight's village. She bowed to Charming Thunder who then gestured her to rise.

"It is an honor to meet you," Sugar Belle said.

"The pleasure is mine," Charming Thunder said with a smile.

"When Big Mac's sister spoke of you, I never knew that you were the king of Equestria."

"And the stallion who is married to Applejack, Applebloom and Big Mac's sister. Trust me. You know her from a long time ago during the time me and Danny first came to your village."

"Then you and Big Mac are family?" Charming thunder nodded. "Then I am honored to meet another member of the Apple family."

"I hope you and Big Mac will become even closer someday. And maybe you can be part of the family too." Sugar Belle giggled at the thought and hugged Charming Thunder.

---------------------

At the library, Charming Thunder read a book on one of the comfy chairs as he thought of something. Twilight entered the room with a stack of books being levitated by her magic. She then looked worried about her husband and placed the books on the shelf. She then walked up to Charming Thunder with a smile and placed a hoof on his shoulder. "How are things, honey?" she asked.

"Things are fine," Charming Thunder said as he bookmarked the page he was on in his book and puts the book down to look at Twilight. "Why do you ask?" Twilight then placed a hoof on Charming Thunder's cheek.

"You've been thinking about Danny again, are you?" Charming Thunder nodded.

"I never knew he would be this angry at me about the changelings."

"Oh, stop blaming yourself, love. Let the past go behind you and forget about it. Stop feeling guilty for what you have done."

"I'm trying, honey."

"No, either do, or do not. There is no try." Charming Thunder sighed and smiled.

"You are starting to remind me of Yoda's teachings." Twilight giggled as Charming Thunder laughed. She then kissed him on the lips and giggled again.

"I love you." Charming Thunder nodded.

"I know."