• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 1,802 Views, 23 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season III - DakariKingMykan



the Crystal heart is shattered, and it's a race ot gather the pieces, and protect Celestia from an assassin, and Lightning tries to propose to Starla

  • ...
88
 23
 1,802

Episode 8: Kiss the Bridle

EPISODE EIGHT

Four shards of the crystal heart had been found, leaving only four left. It was getting harder to locate them, but patrols continued as well as normal life for others.

The sun rose into the sky for a beautiful new day, and Rhymey came out form his house and stretched out his arms taking in the warm weather and music seemed to fill the air. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were passing by on their way to school. “Good Morning, Captain Rhymey.” said Sweetie Belle.

Rhymey nodded at them in greeting…

“Applebloom, Sweetie,
Scootaloo, DD.”

“Golly, you sure seem happy today, Captain.” said Applebloom

“Why shouldn’t I be?
Everyone is happy, see?”

The girls could see he was right, and as Rhymey walked along with them, he sang a small song he wrote to the soft sweet music that was heard as he and the girls waved a friendly good morning to everyone they passed.

Each and every morning when I hop out of bed
And I feel the fresh air blowing past my head.
The sun is shining, and the skies are blue
The weather is nice, and birds are singing too.

Each and every morning… whenever you step out
And you see smile on every face about
That’s saying “things may be okay…
…on this lovely, bright… and brand new day!”

The girls felt that was a very touching song. “Wow! That does feel nice.” said DD.

Rhymey nodded…

“Now, I must go see Fluttershy.
She is waiting for me, so bye-bye.”

The girls waved goodbye to him until he was out of sight. All four of them admired his gentle soul until Scootaloo reminded them of their school field trip. “We’re going to New Cloudsdale to see the Wonderbolt’s show today, and Rainbow Dash is going to be in It.” cried Sctooaloo with glee. “I’m so excited.” All the girls jumped with excitement and ran off to school.




By midday, Lightning and Starla had both finished their patrol rounds and were ready to stop for lunch. As they sat down at their table, they heard the sound of someone groaning underneath it. They looked underneath. “Rhymey…?” they both asked in confusion. He was just sitting there, shaking as if he had seen a ghost.

“What are you doing down there?” asked Starla.

“Hiding in fear
That’s why I’m here.”

Starla and Lightning exchanged looks of concern “Hiding? What are you hiding from? This isn’t like you at all.” asked Lightning.

“If you must know why,
I’m hiding from, Fluttershy.”

“Fluttershy…?” Lightning and Starla both asked in shock. They were more concerned than ever now. “What happened?” Starla asked.



At that same moment, Twilight and Spike were busy at the library, sorting the shelves and taking a minute to do more research on the Dragon-Knight egg, but so far they hadn’t found much except that Spike was very attracted to it for its beauty. “Uh, Spike, keep in mind that it’s not alive.” Twilight reminded him.

“Sorry, I just can’t help myself.”

Just then, there was a knock at the door. Twilight answered it “Hi, Fluttershy… uh…” she stopped when she noticed the queer look on her friend’s face, as if she had been crying. “What’s wrong?” Twilight asked. Fluttershy looked up twitching and whimpering in a small sob. Then she threw her arms around Twilight and wept over her shoulders. “Oh, Twilight…” she sobbed “I’m so scared.”

Twilight gently let her sobbing friend in and sat her down. “Here.” Spike said handing her a hankie. “Thank you.” she wept as she dried her eyes and blew her nose.

“What happened today?” Twilight asked again.

Fluttershy sniffled “Rhymey and I… he came over, and he helped me with the animals today. Then he invited me to his annual family picnic the next day.”

Twilight and Spike felt confused “But that seems so nice.” Twilight said “What happened after that?”

Fluttershy recounted the part where Rhymey was able to leave, and she gratefully accepted his invitation and couldn’t wait to meet the rest of his family. She then leaned over and motioned to her cheek for him to give her a peck, but as Rhymey moved in to kiss her cheek, the part of the step Fluttershy was standing on collapsed under her weight, as it was old, causing her to slip and her lips made contact with Rhymey’s, for the very first time.

Twilight and Spike felt chills run up their spines.




“And then you both just ran away in fear?” asked Lightning.

Rhymey nodded, and he felt so afraid and embarrassed.

Lightning and Starla didn’t know what to say. True, they were nervous when they were just falling in love, but they managed to share their first kiss easily, but Rhymey and Fluttershy had dated for nearly two years and this was the first time they ever touched lips, and everyone had always wondered why they hadn’t, now it was clear.

“Fluttershy and I were both very nervous,
We thought of sharing a kiss between us

Over and over, we thought it a bit longer,
But our nerves were always a little bit stronger.

My heart is racing and my mouth is dry,
I think I’ve grown scared of…gulp… Fluttershy.”

Lightning and Starla never heard such outrageous words. “But she’s your mare-friend.” Lightning said “You can’t be scared of her.”

That only made things more difficult for Rhymey. He didn’t know what to do. To be scared of his own mare-friend was more frustrating to him that a powerful monster.

“Rhymey, I think maybe you and Fluttershy should talk about it together.” Starla suggested. Lightning agreed with her, but Rhymey wasn’t very optimistic about it. Usually he and Fluttershy did talk to each other whenever they felt nervous or worried about something, but how could they now when it was each other that were making them nervous?



Twilight and Spike lectured Fluttershy with the exact same words, but just the thought of facing Rhymey after what happened made her hide her face behind her mane and cross between whimpering and giggling nervously. “I don’t think I can. I… I want to… but I… oh!”

“Gee, I’ve never seen her this shy before.” Spike whispered.

Twilight nodded, and this time the situation called for it. She was going to try and help Fluttershy and Rhymey overcome their problem, as she wasn’t Princess of Friendship for nothing, but Fluttershy put up a bit of a struggle like when the Dragon Migration came; she just wedged herself in the frame of the door refusing to go.

“Come on…ugh… Fluttershy!” grunted Twilight as she struggled to push her out the door. “You want to… make up with Rhymey, don’t you?”

“But… I…I-I’m not ready yet.” groaned Fluttershy.

“Come on!” groaned Spike as he helped push form behind “You should… at least… try!”

“Try what…? Get over the fact that I just kissed my colt-friend so easily?”

Twilight was losing her patience, and poofed herself outside the front door before Fluttershy. “Lieutenant Fluttershy, as captain I am making this a direct order! So you go to Rhymey and straighten this whole thing out!”

“I… said… NO!!” screamed Fluttershy as she dashed back in the house, pushed Spike over, and ran out of the place crashing through the wall; not even bothering to silently open the window like before.

She really was that scared and upset. Twilight blinked in shock and then gazed at Spike who lay flat on the floor with stars spinning around his head. “That went well.” he said all dizzy.




Sombra had been observing everything, and snickered almost uncontrollably “Two little ponies too afraid to even confront each other.” he hissed sinisterly. It was amusing for him to see them falling apart, but he had no time to worry about them now. His large eyes gazed to the right of him where the two hearts shards he had obtained sat next to him.

“MINIONS!!” he thundered. His booming voice echoed along the rock walls of the ship, and all four of his Hench-ponies appeared almost at once and bowed to him. “Your majesty…” Harkin said “Tell us, have you found another heart fragment for us to obtain.”

“Yes!” hissed Sombra and he presented the monster gem ready to go. “Now, who would like the honor of obtaining it for me?”

“It’s Frost-Eye’s turn.” said Phaedra.

“What?” it is not?”

“It is so…” snarled Phaedra.

“It is so not! It’s not my turn, right, Melantha?”

“Spare me.” Melantha said deeply “It’s your turn, and get moving.”

“Fine, I’ll go.” grumbled Frost-Eye as he took the gem. “Frost-Eye!” snapped Sombra. Frost-Eye almost jumped out of his icy-body. “Yeah, boss…?” he whimpered nervously.

“I want that shard, and I am counting on you not to mess this up. Do you understand?” His huge dark eyes glowed with gruesome green flares which sent shivers up Frost-Eye’s already shivering spine. “Y-y-yes sir… I mean your grace… absolutely… whatever you say.”

“GO!!” thundered Sombra, and Frost-Eye was gone in an instant. “What a dope.” Phaedra muttered. “Double or nothing he botches this one.” added Melantha.

“Oh, you’d be surprised.” Harkin said. “Though I admit that I, too, hold doubts of the intelligence of Frost-Eye, I don’t deny that even he is not without ways of tipping the scales in his favor.”

The girls raised their eyebrows in confusion. “Where do you get this stuff, Harkin?” Melantha asked. Harkin said nothing, but just remained still and almost mysterious, more than usual, even to Sombra’s notice.



Cheerilee and her class arrived at New Cloudsdale stadium by the special aerial transit where they were greeted by Rainbow Dash herself. “Hiya, ponies! Who’s ready for a special show?”

The students all cheered and yelled for joy. “You go, RD!” cheered Scootaloo. “Okay, settle down everyone.” Cheerilee said “Lieutenant Dash will show you to your seats.”

The stadium was packed to the brim with many of the New Cloudsdale residents, and many tourists who came just to see the show. “This is going to be so awesome!” cried Scootaloo.

“I know!” added DD “Watching this will help me a great deal so I can grow up and join the Starfleet Academy one day.”

“Look, it’s startin’!” cried Applebloom as Captain Spitfire marched out into the stadium and sounded her whistle. “Wonderbolts, ATEN-TION…!” At her command, the Wonderbolts and Rainbow came soaring in from the skies and into formation, saluting to the captain. “Fall in!” Spitfire shouted “Pre-sent… greeting!” The Wonderbolts saluted and soared up high flying in rings with Rainbow Dash in the middle. “Here goes…” she called as she soared towards the ground “SONIC-RAINBOW…!” and she hit the ground created a wild yet amazing colorful explosion of bright lights which wowed the crowd. “Go Rainbow! Go Rainbow!” cried the Crusaders.

The show continued with the Wonderbolts doing many amazing stunts and tricks, and even soaring through obstacles. Rainbow excelled at the daredevil course, where she flew through several fire rings while opening a safe placed on her head and landing gracefully on her feet.

The crowd cheered louder than ever, and Rainbow cheered for her own self too. Spitfire gave her a look to tone it down a bit, to which she shyly apologized.

After a while, there was an intermission to give some of the Wonderbolts a rest break. Rainbow had a good soak under the waterfall showers, but she misplaced her towel and couldn’t seem to find it. Then someone handed her one from behind the waterfall. “Oh, thanks. Huh?” She looked behind the water “Fluttershy? What are you doing here?”

“Shh! Please don’t tell anyone.”

Rainbow knew Fluttershy loved to come to New Cloudsdale and hide in usual places when something was really bothering her. “What are you hiding from now?”

“Me, oh I’m not hiding form anything. No. Not me. No, no, no.”

“Hmm…”

Fluttershy got lucky when Rainbow was called by Rainbow to report to her front and center. “I’ll be back.” she promised. Fluttershy gulped and knew she had to find somewhere else to hide, but not before something shimmering in the cave near her caught her attention.

On her way back, she could see the others talking with Spitfire, and she noticed how Rhymey seemed as nervous as Fluttershy was. “If you see her, notify us immediately.” Lightning said.

“Yes sir.” Spitfire acknowledged and saluted. Lightning saluted to her back “At ease, Captain.”

“Look, there’s Rainbow.” said Spike.

Rainbow could tell they were looking for Fluttershy, and before any of them said anything, she told them she was hiding behind the waterfall, but when they went back to check, she had gone. “What’s going on?” Rainbow asked. The others told her what happened. “Wow! So you finally smooched.” Rainbow commented to Rhymey.

“We all had a chat,
I wish to talk to her about that.
But I am still very nervous as she.
Yet I know this is right for her and me.”

“Well, first we have to find her.” Twilight said, and the team split up to search, but Rainbow had to get back out there into the stadium. “The show must go on!” She soared back out with her fellow Wonderbolt comrades for more stunts and aerial acrobatics, and continued to please and amaze the crowds.

Lightning and friends searched all over and around the stadium for Fluttershy, and thought of taking the search to all around New Cloudsdale, when suddenly, their horns began to glow.

“A heart shard is near.
It must be around here.” said Rhymey.

The others all exchanged concerned looks back and forth, realizing the situation took precedence over Rhymey and Fluttershy’s problem, and they had to find the shard before any trouble happened.

As the crowd continued to watch the show, Sweetie Belle was starting to see flyers in the distance through her binoculars heading towards the stadium. “Huh? Ms. Cheerilee, what are those?”

“What is what Sweetie?”

The teacher peeked through the binoculars “It’s the shadowbolts.” Then she gawked in shock “The shadowbolts?!”

“Shadowbolts?!”

“Shadowbolts?!”

Soon many of the ponies and creatures in the crowds could see them, and Lightning burst into the stadium shouting “Everyone, get out of here, Sombra’s forces are coming!” and everyone the stands began to run for the nearest exit, but before they could escape, the exits were suddenly blocked off by walls of very solid ice.

“Frost-Eye!” snapped Twilight.

“Right you are.” laughed the evil demoncorn, “And no one’s leaving here until I get that heart shard! Find it!” and at his command the shadowbolts soared down and prepared to ransack the stadium, but Spitefire blew her whistle and ordered the Wonderbolts to help stave them off.

Then she turned to face Lightning and the others. “We’ll hold them off as much as we can, you all try to find that shard and get everyone out of here.”

“Right!” snapped Lightning “Rainbow, come with us!”

Rainbow acknowledged and joined the group. She stood beside Twilight. “Let’s go…!” shouted Lightning, and he and Starla transformed “Starfleet Magic!!” then Twilight and Rainbow transformed. “Harmony Hour, Friendship Power!!” Twilight and Rainbow transformed too, but Rhymey still hadn’t. His confidence was still frazzled over his concern about him and Fluttershy, and when confidence was lacked, the powers wouldn’t function all the way, so he couldn’t don his super armor.

“There is no doubt about it,
I’ll try and fight without It.” he said.

The others agreed, but cautioned him to be careful.

Twilight and Rainbow ran to help get everyone out of the stadium, and hopefully find the heart shard while the others stood to face Frost-Eye. “Ha! This should be easier than I thought.” he hissed as he stood ready to fight.

Fluttershy peeked out from where she was hiding, behind a large column near the top row of seats. She wanted desperately to join them, but just like Rhymey, her confidence was all scrambled by what happened and she couldn’t don her super armor, and that lowered her courage big time. “Oh, my!” she whimpered as she watched the fights all over the place.

The Wonderbolts continued to battle off the shadowbolts, and the others went after Frost-Eye, who hit them with big punches and kicks and knocked them away. Twilight used her magic to melt the ice blocking the doors, Spike helped her with his fiery breath, so everyone could get out, and Rainbow helped the flightless creatures out by flying them to safety. Soon everyone was safely out. “Quick! Let’s go help the others.” cried Twilight.

“Yeah!” added Rainbow.

“DRILL QUILL”

“STAR SHOWER”

Starla and Rhymey’s attacks flew at Frost-Eye, but he countered with his own attack. “ICY BARRAGE” which unleashed a swarm of icicles at the oncoming attacks resulting in small explosions and a cloud of dust. “Ha! Got’cha!” he gloated, but Lightning soared right through the cloud and gave him a huge kick to the chest and sent him soaring neat the top row of seats where Fluttershy was hiding behind the column.

When he looked up, he could see that he was vastly out numbers by the team, and the entire fleet of Wonderbolts. “End of the ropes for you, pal!” snarled Spitfire.

Frost-Eye then gazed at the giant column he was next to. “Oh yeah, watch this!” and he used his Frozen Wind to freeze the column into a giant block of ice, and then infused the monster gem into it turning it into a strong solid ice beast he called, Freezcile!

The team all stood their ground and Frost-Eye ordered Freezcile to attack, and the monster drew in a huge breath. “Scatter!” shouted Lightning as everyone swerved out of the way of a huge frozen wind that instantly froze everything in its path. Spike stood on the ice and it felt so insanely cold that he could hardly stand on it with his bare feet.

Twilight tried making fire with her magic, but this sort of ice didn’t melt very easily. “We need more heat!” she cried.

The monster then leapt down to attack, but that’s when Fluttershy was revealed holding the heart shard. “Oh, no!” she peeped. “Oh, yes.” hissed Frost-Eye.

“Look!” cried Starla.

“Oh, my…!
…Fluttershy!” cried Rhymey.

Fluttershy nervously backed away from the evil demoncorn. “Hand over the shard, girly!”

“N-N-No… I won’t!”

“GIVE IT!!” shouted Frost-Eye, which made Fluttershy’s insides go crazy with fear, but she still refused.

The others tried to rush over to help her, but Freezcicle blocked their way, and wish his freezing breath, he froze their wings and then bashed them away. Rhymey was the only one able to break through and soared towards Frost-Eye who turned to face him, and thinking fast he decided to take both Fluttershy and the shard with him in one piece. He turned back to face her, just as Fluttershy threw the shard telling Rhymey to catch it, he did just as Frost-Eye unleashed his Frozen Wind attack, and froze Fluttershy in a big ice-block to everyone’s horror.

“…FLUTTERSHY!!” They all screamed.

Frost-Eye was outraged, but only a moment, and figured he could turn this to his advantage, and grabbed Fluttershy in the ice. She was still conscious, but only barely, and was aware of what was going on, but she couldn’t break free. Even her regular suit’s heating-function didn’t melt the ice fast enough. “You’ll find that won’t work this time. It’s extra special ice that doesn’t melt as easy.” Frost-Eye hissed.

“Let her go, Frost-Eye!” shouted Lightning.

“Sure I will… when you give me that shard.”

Rhymey growled fiercely, and even Fluttershy somehow managed to tell them through the ice “No! Don’t!”

Frost-Eye was starting losing patience “Give it to me, or I’ll put your little mare-friend on ice, permanently!”

Even though all Starfleet members were prepared to give their lives if they had to, the gang, especially Rhymey were getting all torn up over this, and Frost-Eye decided to play on it longer and signaled his monster to come with him. “I’ll give you one hour. Bring that shard to me in the frozen cave atop Mount-U.E. If you don’t, you can kiss Fluttershy goodbye. One hour!” His evil laugh echoed as he and his monster disappeared with Fluttershy captive.

Rhymey just stood there with a mixture of anger and devastation on his face. He then fell to his knees and pounded the ground furiously.

“Fluttershy, with all my might,
I will save you and put things right!”

The others approached him and comforted him. “We’ll get her back, Rhymey. Don’t worry.” Twilight said.

“Yeah…” agreed Rainbow “Uh, but exactly how are we going to do that?”

“I think I have an idea.” Lightning said “Everyone’s going to have to play they’re parts. If I’m right, and it works, then we all win.”



Mount United Equestria, or simply called Mount U.E by many was located in the northern most corner of the planet, way past the New Crystal Empire. Atop it, there was a small frozen cavern. Inside, it was all shining and simmering almost like being in a room made of diamonds, only they were actual sharp spikes and walls made of rock and ice. The floor was frosty and covered in snow.

Fluttershy could hardly feel herself while trapped in the ice. She glared at Frost-Eye with pretty much with the same shocking expression. “Don’t look at me like that.” he teased “At least you know now what it’s like to be how I was.”

“What do you mean?” Fluttershy managed to ask.

Frost-Eye told his story, and how he was sealed away in the Ice Cavern one-hundred years ago by Celestia!

He used to be an ordinary Pegasus pony in charge of wintry weather, and he loved causing snow-storms or ice-falls, but often he liked having a little fun by misusing his powers to play practical jokes on others by dumping snow on them, even in the summer, or mocking others for enjoying the other seasons instead of winter.

“They always said it was almost as if I had wanted to cast the planet into an eternal winter. I supposed in some ways they were right. Just thinking about it--an endless winter and my services being used 24/7. I’d make a fortune, and I could have all the fun and glory I’d ever want and nothing could tell me not to.”

He went on to explain that his mischief and evil deeds soon landed him in trouble. Celestia decided he needed to be taught a lesson. She sealed him away, freezing him within the walls of the Ice-Cavern, and promised to release him when he had learned respect for others, or he would remain where he was in the eternal freezing environment he so wanted.

A-hundred years past and all he could think about was making Celestia and all of Equestria suffer for this. That’s when he was freed by King Sombra, who desired help in taking over the Crystal Empire after it had reappeared. That was how Frost-Eye became the frozen demoncorn he was now, and his freezing powers had increased immensely.

It was Frost-Eye, who helped stirrup the blizzards outside in attempt to weaken the empire’s defenses during Sombra’s assault, but ultimately Sombra failed and nearly perished, but Frost-Eye managed to survive and carried out his wishes to help him be revived again.

“I’ve never felt any power like this, and once his majesty gets all the power he needs, all my dreams will come true as well. I’ll make you and your friends sorry for all those years I spent locked up in ice!”

Fluttershy rolled her eyes from side to side nervously.

“Speaking of yours friends, they should be here any moment.”

“Wrong!” snapped Lightning “We’re here.”

“And we heard that story of yours.” Twilight said “Did you ever stop and think maybe you were nothing but a big pain? You got exactly what you deserved!”

Frost-Eye almost looked ready to melt as his rage boiled. “Never mind all that!” he growled “Are you going to hand over the shard or what?” The others all hesitated for a moment and Lightning held out the shard. “Good! Now, toss it over here. Come on, come on!”

Lightning did as he was told and threw the shard right into Frost-Eye’s hand. “Now, let Fluttershy go.” said Starla.

Frost-Eye didn’t comply and ordered Freezcile to come and destroy her! “Hey! We had a deal!” snapped Rainbow.

“What difference does it make? You’ll all soon be destroyed anyway. Why not go out now?”

“Stop him!” shouted Lightning, and the team dashed into battle. The monster bashed them all away, and they swiftly got up and went after him again. “Ugh! Do I have to do everything myself?” groaned Frost-Eye, and he moved towards Fluttershy whom nervously shrieked “No! Don’t!”

Frost-Eye’s right arm magically formed into a large ice-lance. “It’s been fun!” and he readied to spear her right through the ice when Rhymey came leaping over with his sword at the ready and blocked him.

“Oh, no you don’t!
You can’t, and won’t!” and the two of them began to brawl it out in a sword-fight right before Fluttershy’s eyes as their weapons clashed and parried.

Rhymey got hit several times and was forced back into the ice walls, much to Fluttershy’s horror.

The others were far too busy or distracted by fighting Freezcile to come over and help him easily. “Let’s knock him outside!” Rainbow suggested

“Right, all together now!” shouted Lightning, and they all leapt forth at the same time kicking the monster right out the cave entrance and down the mountainside onto a lower and flatter area. “There, at least now we have more fighting room.” Lightning said.

Freezcicle drew in a huge breath and blew another frosty wind. “Yeah, but so does he!” cried Spike. “Look out!” shirked Twilight as everyone leapt out of the way. Twilight’s left leg and Lightning’s right arm got encased in ice. “Wow! This… s-s-s-stuff is… b-b-b-brisk!” cried Lightning.

“N-N-No k-k-k-k-idding!” cried Twilight.



Back in the cavern, Rhymey and Frost-Eye were still going at it, and Rhymey got bashed hard again. Fluttershy screamed in fright and Frost-Eye laughed. “Isn’t this sweet? First I get the shard, and then I get to destroy you and your mare-friend.”

Rhymey gazed at Fluttershy and could feel his determination and his courage coming back full blast and he bolted upright onto his feet, much to Frost-Eye’s shock. “Huh?

“Starfleet Magic!” and he finally transformed.

“Yes! That did the trick!”

“I don’t believe it!” roared Frost-Eye.

Rhymey picked up his reenergized sword, and gave a terrific swing and shattered the ice, freeing Fluttershy. Frost-Eye screamed in anger and shock.

“Rhymey, you saved me.” Fluttershy said shyly.

Rhymey nodded as he helped her up.

“Let’s wrap up this session,
and teach him a lesson.”

Fluttershy bravely agreed, and felt her own confidence had returned. “Harmony Hour, Friendship Power!” and she finally donned her super suit too.

“I’ll take the both of you on!” growled Frost-Eye and he dashed forth with his ice-spear arm ready, but Fluttershy and Rhymey dashed at him, parrying his every attack with their own skills. Rhymey landed two powerful slashes on him, and Fluttershy gave him a huge hi-jump kick, she used on bears with bad backs, into his chest sending him skidding and rolling along the ground of the cavern.



While at the same time, they others weren’t having much luck. Freezcicle, especially with Twilight and Lightning weighed down by their iced-limbs. Spike tried his fiery breath, but the ice hardly got singed. It also didn’t help that they were up on a snowy cold mountain. Twilight tried her heating magic again, but it still wasn’t good enough.

Freezcicle swung his huge arm back ready to slam them both, Twilight and Lightning barley managed to get out of the way. “We’ve got to get rid of this ice!” shouted Twilight.

“Hold still, both of you. My magic’s stronger. If I can’t melt it, maybe I can blast it off of you.” Starla said as she aimed carefully “PULSAR LASER” and that single blast shattered the ice freeing Lightning’s arm and Twilight’s leg.

“Good shot, Starla.” Lightning said.

Starla nodded. Then they all turned to face the monster. “Now, let’s put this guy on ice!”

Twilight agreed “Let’s combine all our hottest attacks into one massive blast. That just might work.”

“Right, everyone power it up. Rainbow, you distract him” said Lightning.

“You got it.” Rainbow acknowledged and she began to fly around the monster, teasing and taunting him into chasing her while the others powered up their hottest attacks. “Take this!” shouted Twilight as she fired a burning ray of light at the monster’s back. Freezcile roared in pain as he felt himself actually getting weaker.

“PULSAR LASER” Starla’s attack made it worse, and now the stage was set of Lightning to make the finishing move. “UNIFORCE” he fired it full-blast and blew a hole straight through the monster’s icy body, and instead of exploding, the monster merely shattered into many tiny pieces of ice, and the monster crystal shattered as well.

The friends cheered for Joy, and Lightning stood tall and proud. “Starfleet, victory is ours!”

While up the cavern, Rhymey hit Frost-Eye hard with his “THRASH SLASH” knocking him down harder, but Frost-Eye wasn’t destroyed as he was far stronger than a mere monster. He decided he had taken enough and decided to retreat. “I may not have beaten you guys, but at least I got the heart shard. Later!” and he vanished.

“Oh, no!” cried Fluttershy “He got away with the shard.”

But Rhymey assured her…

“No, he did not,
Look what I’ve got.”

He revealed that he had the real heart shard the whole time, and that Frost-Eye was in for quite a surprise.




… And indeed he was. The shard he had turned out to be a piece of ice Twilight had magically changed to match the color the shard which melted on Sombra’s ship now that it wasn’t so cold anymore. “I don’t believe it!” he growled “They tricked me! I just don’t believe it.”

“I do.” Melantha muttered as she casually twirled her hair.

“Way to go, Frost-Eye.” Phaedra said “Wait until Lord Sombra hears of this.”

“…FROST-EYE!!” Sombra’s booming voice echoed. Frost-Eye gulped nervously and trudged into the master chamber before Sombra’s dark fiery spirit. He stammered and apologized like some sorry little school boy. “Silence!” growled Sombra, and then he burst out laughing sinisterly.

“Huh…? Boss…?”

“You may have failed me this time, Frost-Eye, but you have given me valuable information I will find quite useful for when the time comes.”

Frost-Eye was most confused “What do you mean?”

Sombra snickered “I mean, when the time is right, we shall strike our enemies in their one fatal weakness... at their hearts! Good work, Frost-Eye.”

Frost-Eye bowed graciously, and Harkin peeked through the door from the shadows. “Just like a true warrior; not without surprises.”




Fluttershy and Rhymey walked out of the cavern, hand-in-hand and gazed out at the beautiful view, and suddenly they gazed at one another and remembered what happened between them. They both felt all nervous, and Fluttershy tried to run away, but Rhymey grabbed her arm…

“Fluttershy, no,
…Don’t go.”

She turned back to face him, but blushed madly and hid behind her mane. “I’m sorry, but… I just can’t help myself.” she whimpered. “Ever since… that happened… I’ve become so scared and nervous, I can hardly even think straight. I feel like a real fool.” she rather sounded tearful.

Rhymey clenched his fist nervously, and summoned up all his courage…

“I feel nervous too,
But Fluttershy… I… love you.”

“Huh?” Fluttershy softly peeked through her mane and turned to face him. “What did you say?”

Rhymey poured his heart into his words…

“Ever since our lips did touch,
I was afraid ever so much.

I didn’t know what I could do,
I was scared to even look at you.

We both feel scared, but one thing I know
Dearest Fluttershy… I love you so.”

Fluttershy smiled and her eyes were twinkling as tears began to fall.

“We both are nervous without a doubt.
But somehow I know we can work it out.”

Fluttershy agreed. “Yes… we can.”

Rhymey nervously but bravely approached her, and gently held her face in his hands. She gazed up and him, and they slowly brought their lips together. Fluttershy softly wrapped her arms around his neck, and he gently reached behind her stroking her mane softly.

The others delight as they watched them from down below and couldn’t help but go “Aw!”




A few days later, Rhymey’s family had their picnic in the meadows on a beautiful sunny day. Rhymey had a very big family. His parents were Mary and Harry. He had four older brothers; Larry, Gary, and the twins, Barry and Perry, and he had five older sisters; the triplets, Terri, Sherri, and Cherry, and finally were the Carrie and Geri.

…And they all spoke in rhyme.

“Hey, this picnic is great.”

“Pass me a plate.”

“How was your dish?”

“Oh, simply delish.”

Rhymey was the youngest member, and the reason behind his own name was very funny...

"By the time mother came to me,
She ran out of rhymes, you see.

So they all just called me Rhymey.
And it rhymes with letter in my code: Zee”

He joined Starfleet due to his family’s long tradition that at least one member every generation would join the force. Though some of his older siblings had families of their own and other well-to-do jobs, just like he did, others were thinking of joining.

They all really liked Fluttershy and treated her as if she were family.

Still, with all the fun and games and food, Fluttershy and Rhymey managed to find some time to themselves away from the others, just sitting on the hilltops and admiring the view, and even share a soft kiss.

Lightning was passing by overhead on his rounds and couldn’t help but notice that. “Way to go, you two.” he said softly to himself as he continued to soar across the sky.

(Promo)

In our next episode, it’s Celestia’s birthday, and everyone is invited to celebrate, and one of her presents grants wishes, one of which allows each of her friends to have one wish. But things go horribly wrong when everyone starts to wish by accident causing hilarious consequences to occur, and the mystery assassin is lurking somewhere nearby.

Will Celestia’s birthday truly be happy? What effects will the wishes have on the others?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic”

(Next Episode: “Careful What You Wish For: Part 1”)