• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 1,793 Views, 23 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season III - DakariKingMykan



the Crystal heart is shattered, and it's a race ot gather the pieces, and protect Celestia from an assassin, and Lightning tries to propose to Starla

  • ...
89
 23
 1,793

Episode 19: This is War: Part 1

EPISODE NINETEEN

Everyone was so surprised when Cadance and Shining Armor had come over to show everyone that Fratello had returned yet again. Even Professor Brain was astonished, but he did offer to make some repairs of whatever he could so Fratello’s weapons and sensors worked. It also meant that the two of them could get back to the project they were working on; to get onto Sombra’s ship.

“Try it again.” said Fratello.

Brain he threw the switch as bright lights and energy waves began to form in a portal they had built. It seemed to work, but it shorted out and exploded, and Brain marked their test. “Test Number three: Unsatisfactory. Most unsatisfactory.”

They were missing only one ingredient, one that would guarantee them all to gain access onto Sombra’s ship and they couldn’t seem to come up with anything that worked, and figured the only possible solution was to obtain the same kind of power as Sombra’s minions, or rather take it from them, which wouldn’t be easy.

Fratello was just glad to be back again… at least in some form, and was glad to be of some help in the war. Meanwhile, training still continued for all the fighters.

Phaedra and Frost-Eye, both gone, and Harkin renounced his loyalties-- It was no guessing that Sombra would be madder than ever. The final fight was drawing near, and a new problem had recently presented itself…

Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rainbow-- they weren’t able to tap into or use the Harmony Beam, and for a good and expected reason. The Element of Magic was the key to unlocking the power of all of the elements within the girls’ bodies. The others were no good without it.

All they really had to do was get someone to use it in battle with them, tap into its powers, and the Harmony beam, as well as the other elements would work again.

The only problem was, it was empowered with Twilight’s magical energy, meaning they would have to train themselves until they could find some way to become just as powerful as Twilight was, or the Element of Magic would continue to remain just a useless gem, and without the Harmony Beam, their most powerful force of magic, it would give the enemies they were bound to face a serious advantage, but they weren’t willing to give up, and trained hard and long, but in the end… it was all the same. Neither of them could seem to awaken the element, and Lightning and his team wouldn’t be able to use it as it could only be bestowed on an original Equestrian Pony, which they were not. Not to mention they were already more powerful than the element itself and didn’t really need it.

But there was more going on as well…

Lightning’s big duel with Harkin was the next day, and he had spent all the time training and preparing for anything he felt would come his way. Everyone watched him as he trained almost endlessly and so fiercely in the dojo alone, increasing his speed and strength and power all the time, until he was finally ordered by his master to stop before he hurt himself, and Lightning finally stopped training. “I think I’m just about ready.” he panted.

“I still don’t see why you’re willing to go through with this.” Fluttershy said.

“What choice do I have?” said Lightning “You saw what Harkin had on him, the Crystal Heart, and it was almost whole, and you heard what he said if I didn’t face him. I can’t take that risk that he’ll break it, or worse… what if Sombra finds it?”

Despite all this, everyone was still worried about him, but Grand Ruler seemed proud of him. “Lightning, you have faced many battles, but so very few have you ever been all alone, but I still commend you for your courage.”

Lightning bowed to his mentor, and then went off to rest as he was told. “Sire, you can’t possibly mean to let him go through with this?” said Krysta. Grand Ruler gazed at her and felt insulted. “I most certainly am!” he said sounding stern “This is Lightning’s battle to fight. The challenge was given to him and he accepted. Only Lightning may decide how this goes. End of conversation.”

The others knew he was right, and after all, it wasn’t like this was all new to Lightning, they had all faced many battles before, and practically all of them were the same… to the death!

“He’ll be fine.” Starla said, much to the shock of the others. “Starla, you’re letting him go too?” asked Rarity in shock “How can you say he will be fine?”

“Yeah, Harkin’s no push over. We should know.” said Spike.

“I know that…” said Starla “But I have to believe in him, and that he can win. He’d do the same for us.”

Some of the others agreed too. “Lightning has a lot of spark and determination.” said Buddy Rose.

“Besides, every battle is a great risk with us.” said Artie “We all know what they are, but it’s what makes us strong and gives us reason to train and fight hard.”

“If we didn’t fight, then the evil would win.
Then a dark and painful era would surely begin.” said Rhymey

Dyno and Myte nodded in agreement. “I just wonder how the commandante feels.” said Dyno. “Si, I know deep down he must just as worried as we are.” added Myte.



Grand Ruler was standing before Twilight’s memorial window. Celestia saw him, and she felt very worried. For the past while, she had been secretly preparing for her upcoming confrontation with Raven. She had even recently received a letter from the hooded fiend, telling her where to meet her and what time, which was roughly the same time as Lighting’s duel with Harkin. So far, she believed that Krysta was the only one who knew what she was thinking.

…but her husband, knowing she was there, smiled bravely and said “You have my faith, Celestia.”

She gasped softly and she walked over to his side. “Celesto… you knew?”

“I have eyes haven’t I? It is no real secret to me, Celestia. I know you wish to confront with Raven.”

His wife felt so stupid and ashamed, but she felt grateful that her husband understood why she wanted to do this. She gazed up at the window, at Twilight’s picture, and then she thought of Raven and clenched her fist angrily. She couldn’t remember the last time she had felt such outrage. She knew that Raven was going to be a tough opponent, tougher than any she had ever faced, and she knew she had to keep a sense of reality with her. “Avenging Twilight won’t bring her back.” she said “But I can’t just let this go on any longer.”

Grand Ruler held her other hand in comfort, unaware that they were being watched and were overheard by Goldwin, Shining Armor and Cadance. After a few moments, Celestia decided to do some training for her battle, and Grand Ruler offered to join her and spar with her later.

Celestia had gone to prepare her training clothes, and Grand Ruler was soon confronted by his niece and nephew in law. “Uncle, you can’t be serious.” said Cadance, but her uncle gazed at her showing he was, just as he was as serious about letting Lightning go to face Harkin.

“But, Raven’s not like other foes.” said Shining Armor “Celestia could be destroyed, just like Twilight was.”

Grand Ruler nodded. “Yes, that is a possibility. Celestia knows this too, but what do you expect me to tell her?”

“Well, can’t you just tell her you’ve changed your mind?” asked Goldwin.

“What about Celestia?” Grand Ruler asked.

“Well, she’d get upset, but she’d come round. She’d understand.” said Cadance “I know I would, like the times you tried to protect me when Fratello was evil.”

“Yes, I suppose so.”

The others began to feel hopeful that he was starting to change his mind, but he shook his head refusing. He had already given his faith to his wife and wouldn’t take it back.

“But Uncle…”

“Cadance…” her uncle cut in, and he told her and the others to listen. “I understand how concerned you all are. I don’t feel any different than you, but as much as I’d like to do as you ask, I just can’t. There’s more to it than Celestia being upset...

There’s a question of her pride, her faith in me as my wife, her honor as queen and a warrior. If I try to stop her from battling, she’ll think I don’t have any confidence in her.”

“Is that your only reason?” asked Shining Armor.

“No, it isn’t. This is Celestia’s score to settle. I realize that she may fall, and I am very worried, but she has to have this opportunity.”

The three friends were starting feel as if he was glad that Celestia was staring death in the face, he admitted in a way he was, and how calling her off would make him a gigantic hypocrite, “I have faced more deadly enemies than you ever can imagine, and she wasn’t there by my side, just as I wasn’t always there for her when she faced all those other dangers in Equestria of old, but we knew we were there for one another in spirit. It’s what I admire most about her; her courage, her integrity. It’s just the same as all of us. We welcome a challenge. It’s in our nature to pit our strengths and skills against powerful threats and problems. That’s how Starfleet was formed, and United Equestria survives today. Don’t you all see? Risk… Danger… true, they shouldn’t be taken lightly, but… All of these things are what help us learn to overcome them, and to make us what we are. Why, without these things and facing them, we’d all be living in caves and eating out stone bowls.”


They all turned and saw all the others standing around the corner. “That’s sounds like quite a lecture we missed, your majesty.” said Starla.

“But one I’m sure we’re already well aware of.” said Buddy Rose.

Grand Ruler gazed back at the other three; especially at his niece “Do you have answer to that, Princess?”

Cadance could hardly believe she was starting understand, but she had to agree. “Well, we can’t go back to the stone ages.”

Even Shining Armor began to understand. He gazed up at his sister’s window, and even though it hurt him that she died, at least now it was starting to seem not in vain. She had exposed a great deal of Raven’s powers, especially her golden horn. This was what worried everyone the most, as Celestia had no defense against the powers of the uniforce.




She knew this better than anyone else as she stood in the private dojo, in her training garmets, as her husband showed up. “Ready?” he asked her. His wife nodded and stood poised and ready, and they began to brawl to a powerful song.

(The song)

As they sparred, they remembered every single battle they had gone through in the past millennium before they were reunited, and then they even thought of the battles they fought after which, and the battles they were about to face wouldn’t really be any different… they hoped!




By nightfall there was pretty much nothing left to do but wait it out. Lightning and Celestia both felt ready as ever, both feeling very determined, but deep down feeling very nervous as well. Celestia tucked Castor and Leilani into their cribs and kissed them softly on their little heads. Her little children gazed up at her sleepily, and Celestia couldn’t bear to tell them the risks of her big fight tomorrow. At least they were too young to understand anyway. She kissed them again. “Good night, my little ponies.” and she left them to slowly drift off to sleep.

It was a very quiet night in the palace, almost too quiet usually before the big storm would fall, and Lightning couldn’t sleep, as he had already been resting a lot, but his mind was just so fixed on his big fight. So he hopped out of bed and decided to head up to the top terrace for a breath of fresh air. Princess Luna was out making her night rounds, and leading the patrols, so he had the place all to himself. He gazed up at the stars, and then at the village bellow. So many things were racing through his mind at once, but the one thing that actually stuck to him was how much failure was not an option this time.

“Lightning…?”

He turned and saw Starla, who was also unable to sleep, and standing at the doorway. She came out to join him. “You’re worried, aren’t you?”

He smiled and chuckled softly “I’ve heard that before. The first and thirty-first times…” That pretty much left nothing open to talk about. It had all been said, and everything was clear. So they just stood where they were and admired the view, enjoying each other’s company, and yet, Lightning could tell though Starla was proud of him for going out like this, she was feeling scared deep down, but he decided not to bother her with it, but he was expecting her to say one thing to him…

“Lightning…?”

“Starla…?”

“Just come back to me safely.”

Lightning smiled, knowing she was would say that. “I will. That’s a promise.” he said, and they shared a kiss under the stars.



While in the royal master bedroom, their majesties were finding it difficult to sleep as well, both feeling equally nervous, but neither were up to changing their minds about tomorrow, but it was no secret that their worrisome were starting to show. Especially Grand Ruler’s. “I lost you once before. I just don’t think I could bear it again.”

Celestia, though feeling nervous, herself, thought it was so sweet he was showing so much care and understanding. She placed her finger over his lips. “Shh…” and she slowly leaned down and kissed him passionately. Her husband softly wrapped his arms around his wife holding her closer.

Celestia’s long, beautiful tail peeked out from under the covers and waggled and flapped softly in sensation.




Elsewhere, Sombra and Melantha were wide awake and had been observing things. They had both been very furious since Harkin’s betrayal, and the fall of Phaedra and Frost-Eye, but all was not lost for them. “You know what you must do, Melantha. You are my only remaining ally.”

Melnatha bowed and acknowledged her orders. “If our plan is successful, we’ll be able to hit many birds with the same stone, and the crystal heart will, at long last, be yours.”

Sombra snickered wickedly, and prepared himself for a good amusing battle to observe.


(Music as they fly)

The next morning, Lightning was up bright and early and already transformed into his super suit and he took off for the southern part of the planet, rather than be warped by Krysta. While Celestia had awakened and transformed into her warrior’s outfit, and she flew off, with all the others following her close behind to ensure no tricks were pulled off before the fight, and to keep others away.

Celestia and the teams landed in the middle of the forest where Lightning and Twilight had fought Raven on the night Twilight was killed just as the note said.

“I have come!” Celestia shouted out, using her royal amplified voice, hoping Raven would hear.

The ground began to rumble softly, and Raven appeared in a puff of black smog. “Greetings, Celestia.”

Everyone glared at her angrily. “You…! You killed Twilight Sparkle.” Celestia said deeply.

“And you killed my husband.” Snarled Raven “But don’t worry if you miss your student. You’ll be joining her soon enough.” she saw the others “You have brought others. Come to watch your queen pay for all the suffering she caused me, eh?”

The others could hardly hold it back to rush over there and bash her, but knowing that wasn’t smart they just stayed put. “It’s time we settled this.” Celestia said.

“AS YOU WISH!!” shouted Raven, and her hands and eyes glowed with dark magic. “What’s happening?” cried Krysta.

“Look!” snapped Starla, as some dark and magical dome seemed to surrounded Celestia and Raven until they couldn’t be seen. “Celestia is on her own now.” said Grand Ruler.




Lightning could see Fire Mountain up ahead, and Harkin still standing in the same pose he had been standing in for a week since he issued the challenge. “Welcome, Lightning Dawn. I’m glad to see you accepted my little challenge.”

Lightning kept a straight face. “You seem excited.”

Harkin snickered “You have strict perseverance as well as a strong mind and body. I admire this in you. You are not like others I have faced.”

“Is that why you fight? Tell me…”

Harkin felt it was time for him to explain his history, just as he told Lightning’s friends and Sombra…

He was born as a demoncorn, but the first thing he ever remembered was being alone, very young and lost on a distant and dismal planet with no home, no family, no friends. So he never knew where he had originally come from. Just like Lightning, he was forced to fend for himself. He wandered from planet to planet, teaching himself how to be brave, and how to fight off enemies and survive all alone. So he trained almost non-stop, even taking time to watch how others fought and mimic their every move, and in time discover and master his own hidden powers and becoming a formidable adversary.

Such power, such an immense feeling-- He had never felt anything like it.

He fought against many monsters that threatened him, and crushed them all, literally. With each kill he grew stronger and swifter, but this was all child’s play to him-- too simple. For he had developed a thirst to continue battling and find someone truly worthy to face, even if it meant those he faced would meet with their doom!

It wasn’t long before he was discovered by other inhabitants of the planets he had been too, and was hired as a paid mercenary to eliminate victims and enemies, to which he agreed, but not for the money and fame, but rather in hopes of meeting with other challenging foes to help beef up his own power, and maybe find a true worthy opponent. Not one of the enemies he faced even came close and fell at the hands of his power.

He even managed to wipe out whole army swarms in just a few simple blasts. Then, during his wanderings, he came to Equestria of old, after Sombra’s defeat and decided to swear allegiance to him, believing that if he followed him around he would get involved in more fights than ever, and find that special opponent he sought.

“Sombra and his wishes meant nothing just as everything else ever offered to Me.” hissed Harkin “I fight only for myself; to increase my strengths and to quench my thirsts for power.”

Lightning’s mind was all tied up in knots, he could hardly tell if Harkin was truly evil or not, but ultimately he was a monster and very violent. “That’s just sickening.” Lightning said.

“Perhaps…” Harkin said “I really see no difference, but enough of the chattering. It is time!” he revealed the incomplete Crystal Heart reminding Lightning of the prize on show. “I’m ready.” Lightning said as he stood poised for battle, and Harkin stood poised as well. “Fight well… for only one of us shall be left standing in the end.”

They stared each other down like cowboys ready to draw. Harkin swung his left fist three times, and Lightning blocked each attack with his right. Then they stopped, and Lightning repeated the same attack while Harkin blocked them the same way.

They then started to brawl, with their fists and feet flying. Neither one of them could seem to hit the other as the other blocked each and every attack, yet they weren’t moving very fiercely. “You are trying to study my moves.” Harkin said.

“I feel it’s a good thing. After all, you should never underestimate your opponent.”

“Naturally, if one does not study, they’re as good as dead.”

Suddenly, Harkin zipped behind Lightning and whacked him hard in the back sending him crashing towards the mountainside, but Lightning sprung off the side with his feet and rocketed right back towards him. Harkin dodged, but Lightning sped right back to him and kicked him hard in the chest. So far neither of them had felt much, and their fight had only just begun.





Meanwhile, Celestia found herself in the middle of the dark dimension with Raven. “So, this is where the Crystal Empire vanished to...” she said.

“Get a good look, Celestia. This will be the last place you’ll ever see. Your friends won’t be able to help you either.”

Celestia could see Raven was really sick with all this lust for power and wanting her dead for killing her husband, but Raven was not willing to be reasoned with. There was nothing she wanted to hear, except the moaning and wailing of Celestia when she ultimately would kill her for killing her husband. “I’ve waited for this for a long, long time!”

Celestia had no choice, though she wasn’t all approving of what she was about to do, and stood ready to fight, for Twilight as well as her own honor. “I’m ready to fight.”

Raven stomped her foot and charged forth.

“…For Twilight! R’AAH!” and she stomped her foot and charged too. They both swung hard at each other and missed. They swung again, their fists colliding into one another’s, and Raven kicked Celestia hard in her gut knocking her back and flat on her face, and as she got to her feet, Raven shot her with a magical pulse, flipping her onto her back.

Raven laughed wicked as she approached her. “Looks like one thousand years of training has done well for Me.” she grabbed Celestia making her look up at her “Take a deep breath, for it shall be your last!” She raided herself to slice her through the neck, when Celestia blocked her with her arm, kicked her away and swiftly blasted her hard. “That was for Twilight!”

Raven shook herself up onto her feet, and charged at her again, swinging her fists and kicking her feet, and Celestia, with help from her Starfleet training, swerved and evaded her every strike, and punched Raven hard in her face, but let her guard down allowing Raven to punch her right back. The two got back to their feet and stared each other down. “I don’t understand. Why not just kill me and be done with it?”

Raven snickered “Why end it so soon when I can prolong your pain and suffering for as long as I can? A fitting punishment for all the suffering and heartache I’ve felt since that day.”

Celestia growled softly and the two dashed forth at each other.



While outside...

Everyone was just gazing at the dark dome, knowing it was in fact an entry way to the dark dimension Raven mentioned, and they were all wondering what was going on inside, while also keeping alert to keep passersby out of the forest. The alarms were never sounded so as not to draw attention out into the open.

“Do you think, Queen Celestia is okay?” asked Pinkie Pie.

Rarity gasped “What if…” she gasped a second time, louder and harder “What if she’s already been defeated?!”

“That’s enough, Rarity.” said Grand Ruler “The battle has barely begun, let’s not borrow more trouble.”

“Besides, the dome is still here. If the battle was over, it would vanish.” Buddy Rose said.

“But what if it doesn’t?” asked Fluttershy. Her legs were starting to quiver. “What if the queen is trapped in there forever, and she’ll never get out?”

That was a possibility, but not very probable to many of the others, who were still keeping their faith, but Rainbow was starting to lose her cool. “I can’t just sit around like this anymore. I’m going in there!”

“Rainbow Dash!” snapped Grand Ruler as he halted her with his telekinesis “You’ll stay here with the rest of us, and that’s an order!”

Rainbow gritted her teeth and stopped struggling.

Starla looked a bit strange. “Are you okay?” Krysta asked, but she could tell “I wonder how Lightning’s doing too.”

Starla nodded in acknowledgment.




Lightning leapt up for high-jump kick, but Harkin caught him and head-bashed him hard, but Lightning landed safely on his feet and blasted him with a small uniforce pulse. “You’re pretty slick, aren’t you?”

Harkin clenched his fists “I think that’s enough of a warm up. It’s time to get serious.”

“Fine by me...”

While, Celestia and Raven’s fight was really starting to heat up as the two continued to brawl, but Celestia was soon about to realize her major disadvantage. Raven’s eyes glowed as she and she ensnared Celestia with her black, magical waves. Celestia tried to blast her way out with her sun magic, but they didn’t work; not a single spark.

Raven laughed at her feeble attempt to use sun-magic in a realm where there was no sun. “Ah!” Celestia gasped when she finally realized this. Raven snickered “Maybe you just need to squeeze it out of yourself.” and she clenched her hands slowly tightening her grip on Celestia, squeezing her hard. She yelled and groaned as she felt the pressure squeezing her, while Raven could only laugh harder than ever. “There is no hope for you, Celestia. I’ll see you dead before me yet!”

To Be Continued…!

(Promo)

In our next episode, the battles continue as Lightning and Harkin get heated way up, which is causing the volcano to come to life and erupt. Meanwhile, Celestia must combat Raven without the use of her sun-magic, while the others still worry about her safety form outside the dome, and Melantha is ready to make her move when the fights seem to near their ends.

Just how powerful can Harkin and Raven truly be against Lightning and Celestia, and what is Melantha’s plan?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic”

(Next Episode: “This is War: Part 2”)