• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 1,802 Views, 23 Comments

My Brave Pony Starfleet Magic: Season III - DakariKingMykan



the Crystal heart is shattered, and it's a race ot gather the pieces, and protect Celestia from an assassin, and Lightning tries to propose to Starla

  • ...
88
 23
 1,802

Episode 17: Lost and Found

EPISODE SEVENTEEN

A few days had passed since the unpleasantness, and during that time, Twilight’s death really put a heavy strain on the beings of United Equestria.

Shining Armor had spent many hours in the training dojo of his palace in the New Crystal Empire, furiously beating away at the punch-bags, all the time thinking of that cursed Raven for killing his sister! Every so often, he would punch himself out and would feel physically tired and would fall to his knees fighting to keep his tears back. “Twily…!” he would cry under his breath.

He would also, unintentionally be short with the castle servants-- losing his temper and yelling at them, and sometimes even threatening them never to mention his sister’s name in front of him again, when they really hadn’t said a thing. Cadance often came to hold him back. “Please…!” she would cry “Don’t do this to yourself! I can’t stand all this pain already!”

Shining Armor would then apologize to everyone wholeheartedly, and then slump down on his throne, bowing his head, still struggling to hold back his cries of extreme emotional pain. Cadance almost felt in more pain than he did, especially since it meant her brother’s spirit was once again lost and wandering about. She honestly didn’t know if she could stand another loss of a loved one.

Robot-Fratello understood how Cadance and Shining Armor felt, but he himself was only a robot and he couldn’t really be as emotionally affected by this himself, but his circuits and sensors did not enjoy seeing everyone upset.




In New Canterlot, Celestia shed at least a few tears every day for Twilight, and before going to bed at night. She and Grand Ruler would gaze up at the stars and say soft prayers for Twilight, and hoped she was in a better place now.




Things were feeling just as weepy and upset near and around New Ponyville as well…

The library was closed off until it could be reopened for new management. Spike felt just terrible as he stood with his suitcases and his little wagon all packed and loaded while he sadly looked at the library one last time. “I’m really going to miss that place.”

Rarity came up to him and hugged him warmly and helped him carry his things to his new home at Carousel Boutique.

Artie hadn’t felt much like painting or sculpting. Fluttershy couldn’t seem to hold her tears back, and her animals and Rhymey were there to comfort her, while they too felt as badly as she did. Dyno and Myte worked in their mine, but they seemed to be walking a little slower as they pushed their carts along the tracks. Applejack did the same with her wagons of apples she harvested, and Buddy Rose planted his garden without speaking much or even looking up.

Rainbow Dash didn’t have the heart fly super-fast when on her patrols, and Pinkie Pie, at the café, she kept staring at the table Twilight always would sit at, and she kept thinking that the door would open any second and she’d walk right in and ask for her usual order. She would break out crying softly, when washing the dishes, and little Pound and Pumpkin would crawl over to her and hug her softly.

The Cakes felt very upset to her so hurt, which only added to their own upset of missing Twilight.

Easily, Starla seemed more upset than most. Not just for Twilight’s death, but how Lightning was taking it so much harder. She wrote letters to the palace constantly asking for a report on his condition. “Please be okay my love.” she would say to herself.




The Cutie mark Crusaders didn’t even seem to care much if the wedding was off. They went back to school feeling very sad, even Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were actually showing emotions as if for the first time… as they felt just as bad as everyone else.

Cheerilee could see all her students were very upset. Even she was feeling maybe it was but she had to do her best to be brave for her students. She cleared her throat and softly said “Everyone, take out your notebooks please.”

None of her students seemed to move, they just sat there with sad and down in the dumps expressions on their faces. Cheerilee tapped her ruler softly. “Children… did you hear me?”

The children did as they were told but, Applebloom spoke up. “How can we just go on like this?” she asked.

Cheerilee approached her. “I know how you’re all feeling, Applebloom, but life goes on for us.”

“But what are we supposed to do?” asked DD “Just sit around and pretend as if nothing’s happened?”

“I wouldn’t say it like that, DD.” said a voice from the door, and Buddy Rose came into the classroom from around the wall where the door was. “Good morning, Buddy Rose.” said Cheerilee.

“Good morning Captain Buddy Rose.” said the students.

“What are you doing here?” DD asked. Her cousin came to bring her homework. “You left feeling so down you forgot it.” he said softly to her. “I couldn’t help but overhear what you were all talking about just now. Do you all feel the same way?”

The students nodded sadly. Buddy Rose stood up and gazed around at everyone. “But look at you... You’re all here for school today, and what does that tell me?” The students hadn’t the foggiest. “That you want to get over what’s happened and move on, just like we all do, and that’s good.”

“The captain is right.” said Cheerilee “We can’t spend the rest of our lives feeling upset and mournful. Is that what Princess Twilight would have wanted?”

The students nodded in agreement and promised to try their best to be brave. Buddy Rose nodded and decided to take his leave, but Cheerilee stopped him on his way down the steps to ask him “How’s the admiral taking it?”

“Well, we’ve been told he’s made a start, but he’s still not taking this well.”



Lightning had stayed in New Canterlot every day since Twilight died, slowly recovering from that bad shock, and there had also had been a few inquiries regarding what happened.

As Buddy Rose promised, Lightning managed to get up and about, but he was still feeling mighty low and kept blaming himself for what happened. Everywhere he went he was reminded of Twilight and the horrible moment he saw when she was stabbed.

“NOOOOOOOO!!”

He snapped to himself to in an instant, when he heard a knock at his bedroom door. “Oh, uh… come in!” It was Queen Celestia and Krysta, checking up on him while making their rounds of the palace. Lightning was glad to see at least Celestia was showing good signs of having recovered, and he bowed to her.

“You look a little better than yesterday.” said Krysta.

Lightning smiled briefly and sadly and then gazed right out the window, which had become his usual pastime over the days. Celestia approached him “You know Lightning, you’re friends are really worried about you, and the dojo has seemed pretty barren without you.”

Lightning looked up at her, “I’ve been training… alone.”

“You sure have…” Krysta said. For first couple of times she saw him in the dojo alone, he seemed had lost his edge. He slipped, skidded, missed his shots, or whenever he had a clear chance to bring himself to throw his punches at the target. “I just can’t get it off my mind.” He said “If I had been more firm with Twilight… or if I had been able to get her out of there when I should have, none of this would have happened and she’d still be here.”

Celestia placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. Much as she really didn’t like what she was about to say, but it was the truth and Lightning had to be told it, again. “It is not your fault, Lightning. Much as I hate to say it, but Twilight was the one who did wrong. She was told more than enough times not to go after Raven. We no way of knowing how powerful she really was. We all knew how high the risks were.”

Krysta nodded, “But it didn’t make any difference to her. No, Lightning, in-spite of her pure intentions, she deliberately disobeyed orders and acted without thought.”

“I know…” Lightning said, and he gazed up at Celestia. “But, she was my soldier, and it was my responsibility as team leader to protect everyone. I still feel I could have stopped her. I tried to and she pushed me away. She was just trying to defend you and your honor.”

Celestia nodded, She knew all this, but she knew Twilight had no right whatsoever to go after Raven. “It could’ve happened to anyone, Lightning. You all knew what the risks were when you signed up on the force.”

Lightning was always aware of the possibilities of a friend dying in action; he just hoped he would have been fortunate enough never to see it again; not after all that happened to his home planet and his people. Twilight dying in his arms was like watching Harmonious blow up and his family die all over again!

“...I just really miss her.”

“We all do.” Krysta said as she stood on his shoulder and softly laid her tiny head against his cheek, and Celestia softly stroked his head with her hand. “Come on, Lightning. Your master’s waiting in the dojo. He’s very concerned about you too.”

Lightning smiled a little brighter than he had been, and that was a very good sign that he was getting better, and he left. After he left, Celestia gazed back out the window with a queer expression on her face. Krysta noticed this. “You majesty, are you alright?”

Celestia didn’t answer as her mind was miles away, deep in thought. Raven was still out there, and responsible for the death of her beloved student, and it was all because she was after her. It really hurt her deep down that Twilight died because of all this, and even Celestia herself was not one completely devoid of a sense of vengeance.

Krysta could instantly tell what Celestia was thinking. “Your majesty, you can’t be serious. What would the Grand Ruler think?”

“I know…” Celestia said “I’m not entirely sure I should do this myself, Krysta, but I know I want to, I have to. I can’t just keep sitting around and do nothing anymore. I’m the queen of this entire world, and it’s my responsibility to be brave help protect it. Besides, this is not the first time I’ve been faced by a threatening foe.”

“Maybe not…” Krysta thought “But have you ever been faced by one who is so incredibly powerful, alone.” Naturally her thoughts were not referring to Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Sombra the first time she faced him. Those enemies, then, weren’t nearly on the same level as Raven. Plus, she had a golden horn and could use the uniforce, which Celestia had no defense against.

Celestia was aware of all this as well, without having actually been reminded of it, yet her mind remained unchanged.




Lightning met with Grand Ruler in the dojo. His master was pleased to see him up and about, and he was very concerned about Lightning’s skills starting to slip, and he wanted to help him overcome it, the same way he overcame all the comrades he ever lost. Starfleet and United Equestria still had to go on.

They sparred for a while, and sure enough Lightning was still slipping, even when Grand Ruler went easy on him. Lightning aimed a powerful punch straight his face, when suddenly he swore he could see Twilight’s face and he froze up allowing his master to strike him. “This is not good, Lightning.” he said with disappointment in his voice “I realize and understand what you must be going through, but I cannot and will not have one of my best fighters showing lack of stamina.”

Lightning apologized wholeheartedly, but Grand Ruler disagreed “I think the one you should really be apologizing to is yourself. Come, let’s take a break.”

They sat on the sidelines and had some water. “Master, can I ask you something?”

“Is it about Twilight again?”

Lightning shook his head. “Please tell me, what is an Enticorn?”

Grand Ruler seemed to freeze on the spot, and blinked his eyes slowly and his head dropped down a bit. “Do you remember when I told not to feel discouraged about what may come your way that may seem shocking?”

“Yes, when the war against Sombra first began.”

His master nodded, and told him a story; an unknown legend related to the uniforce that was not printed in any book and that only he was one of very few to actually know of it.

He had lived over a-thousand years, not knowing that he was a child of the gods, but even still he was gifted with powers and knowledge that most never had or were fortunate enough never to learn, but the fact that he had golden horns meant he could use the power of the uniforce, as he was the first one to discover this, but he did not invent this power. The first time he had used it, on Nightmare Moon’s shadowbolts before he was sent out into space, as he fired the uniforce for the first time… he had a vision...

He found himself in a mystical glowing realm, with brightly golden lights shimmering all around him, and there, standing before him was an enormous version of creature. It didn’t look like any pony, or any creature he had ever seen. This entity looked as if it was composed almost entirely of a magical glowing force-- it was practically made of magical forces-- even its mouth and eyes were all glowing white, and it too had what appeared to be a golden horn atop its head.

It was gazing right down at him, with a very serious glare and it spoke to him saying that he had tapped into the power of the ancient entities.

Many eons ago, when the dimensional universe was very young; celestial cosmic entities descended upon it, and developed the very first forces of magic upon the planet of Equestria where the very first pony ancestors lived. This was how magic and spells first began to blossom and come to pass, but even the most mystical of beings are not without flaw and error, as they had soon made a grave error in their powers.

Evil forces from beyond the stars began to invade the worlds in the hopes of making the dimensional universe their own, the Enticorns banded together and decided to create a very powerful, and seemingly unmatchable force to combat all. The uniforce was born, and the evil had been vanquished, but the Enticorns had soon realized their errors, as the uniforce was so dangerously powerful, even they could not undo what had been unleashed. So they did the next best thing and decided to break up their forces and spiritual bodies themselves and conceal the uniforce within that of the rare golden horns, born only within special unicorns and alicorns.

However, the entity told Grand Ruler, that eventually one day the time would come for the great powers of the entity to be born once again, but only with the help of the chosen one! One who would ultimately tame this great force, and use it to stave off evil, and give the dimensional universe the hope and peace it deserved.

It was unrevealed who this chosen one would be, but the entity’s last words were that this chosen one would be recognized by the sign!

“A unicorn, or alicorn, merged with the power of an entity! Those like me, who were fortunate enough to have discovered this astonishing fact, have dubbed this creature as an Enticorn!”

Lightning gazed with his eyes open wide and his mouth agape. He shook himself back to his senses. “And… I… could be this chosen one?”

“It is possible.” said Grand Ruler.

“But why didn’t you ever tell me this before? How come I haven’t heard of this in any book or legend?”

Grand Ruler explained that this type of power and legend was so incredibly dangerous, anyone who learned of it may have felt exactly as he had-- that it is too great and too dangerous to let it be known for the universe to see and learn. If this power were to fall into the wrong hands, the thoughts of such consequences could not bear consideration.

“I wasn’t entirely sure myself, and am still not, but you have defiantly shown signs of extraordinary ability, as well as your horn suddenly just pulsating without explanation and getting brighter all the time, but only you, Lightning, can prove this theory for certain. I am sorry, Lightning, but I am afraid this is something I cannot teach you. You’ll have to figure this all out on your own.”

Lightning spent the rest of the day deep in thought about this shocking discovery, and what to do about it. Especially, seeing as how he had been told about Harkin’s challenge; the fight to the death in a few more days, and with the fate of the Crystal Heart at stake, and Sombra and his remaining minions were still out there, but he still was struggling to get over the shame of seeing Twilight die. “Ugh! I’m useless like this!” he groaned to himself “There’s got to be some way for me to snap myself out of this.”



He decided to head to the royal library and look in a few books of other ways to deal with his emotions, and maybe even help get his mind off of them. Of course being in the library heavily reminded him of Twilight and all of the many times he and she had studied together and took their written exams. “Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.” he sighed, but he tried to brave it and reached for a book up high, causing the whole shelf of books to fall on him like an avalanche, some of which hit him directly in the head, knocking him out cold under the mountain of books.



Everything seemed all white and blurry with mist, and when Lightning came to, was he ever surprised. “Hey I… I’m standing in space!” the same place Twilight had gone to before she changed into an alicorn the first time, he felt as if he were standing on solid ground and he wasn’t teleporting to any random area.

Then suddenly, he could see a glowing bright light shining down from above followed by a soft heavenly choir, and then, right before his eyes. There she was wearing a beautiful white dress, her wings were white, and a golden halo ring floated just above her head; she was an Angepony-- what became of ponies when they died.

“Hello, Lightning.”

“Twilight, is it really you?”

“Not really…” Twilight said “Your mind’s in a state of shock, but I think we can use this as a chance to talk.”

“What’s there to talk about? I let you down. I let everyone down.”

Twilight shook her head “No, you didn’t. I did.” and she gave him the same speech everyone had been telling him, and how he had a responsibility to protect United Equestria and the whole dimensional universe the same way she did. “I wouldn’t act any differently if I was in your boots, Lightning, but you need to face up to your troubles.” Her eyes began to glow “Namely, me!”

Lightning could see where this was going. “You don’t really expect me to fight you?”

Twilight smirked at him wickedly and motioned with her hand for him to come at her. For the first time ever, Lightning just couldn’t bring himself to do it. “No! No, I can’t! I won’t do it!”

“Too bad!” snapped Twilight as she dashed forth and socked him right in the face. Lightning actually felt the pain, even in this dream-world, and flipped over backward and down. He got up quickly, but Twilight hit him with a shot of magic knocking him down again. “Come on!” Twilight said as she walked towards him “Where’s the brave pony that used to stand up to everything no matter what the odds?” and she kicked him hard.

She seemed to be so much stronger and swifter than she was when she was alive, but more likely because Lightning was holding back and too nervous to attack the spirit of his friend. “Twilight, stop this!” Lightning demanded “I order you!”

“You can’t order me anymore.” Twilight said as she charged at him, and then zipped out at the last second and appeared behind him and grabbed him and held him in a neck-lock. Lightning struggled against her impending grip, but still made no attempt to raise his defenses and attack her. “I… can’t…!”

“You have to!” she growled and he shoved him hard. “As long as you continue to remain as you are, you won’t stand a chance against anything, and all of United Equestria, along with the rest of the universe may be put in danger because of you.”

Lightning began to realize that she was right, and he began to think back to all the battles he had fought, and all the hardships he had faced, yet he always managed to stay focussed. These were the things that he told Twilight and her friends to remember when they first enlisted into the force. He began to see the face of all his other friends, and all those he was fighting for, even his family and all the creatures of the once planet Harmonious.

Twilight gazed down up over him, and raised her foot to stomp on him. When he raised his hands and caught her foot, stopping her. Twilight struggled and pushed, but Lightning pushed her right back, and managed to get up to his feet and punched her hard across the face. She gazed back at him and saw he was standing tall now. “I’m sorry, Twilight. This hurts me more than it does you… but you’re right, I can’t hold back!”

Twilight smiled and stood poised and ready for more, and the two brawled hard, and Lightning landed several punches and kicks into Twilight, but she still fought bravely and thanks to her unexplained new strength and swiftness, she still managed to return the blows, and blast him with her magic. Lightning quickly leapt up high, and she fired at him again, and he quickly shouted “Starfleet… Magic!” and donned his super armor, negating the attack.

Twilight seemed very pleased, but she glared at him fiercely with her eyes and horn glowing brightly. “Get ready, Lightning. I’m coming at you with everything I’ve got.”

Lightning grunted and charged up the uniforce. “Bring it on! I’m ready for you!” and the two of them fired their magical forces at the same time. The forces collided with each other in the middle, and neither side seemed to give in. Twilight did managed to gain a slight upper hand and started to force the magic back at him, despite that in life she couldn’t combat the uniforce. “Come on!” Twilight called at him “Do it! Face your problems, even if it’s me!”

Lightning was still struggling with just the teeniest bit of doubt left in him, trying to shrug it off. “She’s right! I’ve never back down form a fight before, and I’m not starting now. Not even for her!” and he let out a great roar and forced the magic right back at her ten-fold. KAPOW! Twilight was hit hard, and she continued to combust and flare as she fell over and exploded.

Of course, Lightning hadn’t really killed her, this was all just a dream-world, and even still how could he kill someone who was already dead? What he had in fact destroyed was all that lack of confidence and depression holding him back.

Twilight stood where she was, completely uninjured and glowing majestically like the angel she was, and smiled at him. Lightning powered down his suit, and gazed back at her. “Well done, Lightning.” Twilight said “I knew you wouldn’t let me down, you never have.”

Lightning nodded bravely, but even though part of him knew better. “Come back with me…” he said to her, but she couldn’t. “Just promise me one thing…” she said “Tell everyone back home, that I love them very much, and all I’ll always be there, in spirit.”

“… I will.”

Twilight slowly approached Lightning and softly pecked his head causing everything to flash white, and then fade into black!



“Lightning… Lightning, wake up.” someone called to him softly. Lightning slowly opened his eyes and his vision became clear. “Twilight…?” but it was actually Starla, who had come to see him, the one who really pecked his head, which was really aching, and he found that he was in his bed at the palace.

“Shh, just relax, Lightning.” said Dr. Penny as she checked his blood-pressure. Queen Celestia, Grand Ruler, Krysta and Goldwin were there too, and they explained that they found unconscious in the library after the book avalanche knocked him out. “You looked as if you were in a state of shock.” Grand Ruler said.

“Are you going to be okay, Lightning?” Goldwin asked.

Lightning gazed tiredly at everyone, and especially at Starla meaning he was going to be fine, and all he could say at the moment was. “Twilight says hi.”

Everyone smiled at him, and Starla softly kissed him.




The next day, all the other ponies had gathered in the dojo, egger to start training again and prepare for the battles ahead. Even Shining Armor and Cadance joined them, to help shake off their nerves. Everyone did very well and showed excellent signs of staying strong.

Krysta suddenly poked her head through the door. “Hey guys…” she called. The others turned to face her and she opened the door for everyone to see. “Look who’s finally ready to get back in the game.”

Everyone gazed in astonishing awe at Lightning, and how he looked shining and strong and ready for anything for anything. Lightning smirked “Okay, let’s see if I’m really ready for this.”

And he jumped into the obstacle courses and excelled in evading all the hazards, he soared majestically around blasted all the still targets and those that came at him. He sparred with his friends and his teacher and did much better than he did before, and all through the course even though he had himself to thank… he couldn’t help but say to himself in thought as his mind traced back to the memorial window. “Thanks, Twilight.”


(Promo)

In our next episode; Rarity and Spike’s move in is off to a really bad start as they find it hard to get used to all the new changes and each other’s tastes, leading into arguments and mistrust. Meanwhile, Frost-Eye shows up with a plan to ultimately render all of United Equestria completely helpless with a big freeze-up.

Is United Equestria doomed to face another Ice-Age? How will Spike and Rarity overcome their differences?

Don’t miss the next exciting episode of “Starfleet Magic”

(Next Episode: “Everybody Freeze”)