• Published 14th Jun 2017
  • 7,301 Views, 224 Comments

We're Sisters!!!! - PixelMoon



Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle have always seem to get along. But when they find out their sisters, they may find themselves in trouble.

  • ...
21
 224
 7,301

Chapter Six - Magic Lessons and Arrivals

"Come on Rainbow!! We're going to be late if you don't hurry up!" Twilight shouted from the cloud door. "We need to be back in Canterlot as soon as possible so mother and auntie Tia can take us to the Crystal Empire!"

"I'm hurrying Twi! I just need to find my sunglasses."

Twilight facehoofed. They were at Rainbow's home in Ponyville to get some things they would need for a long train ride.

"We are going to be in the Arctic, Dash! It's going to be cold! You don't need sunglasses."

"You never know," she muttered.

"You sound like Rarity."

"Hey! Nopony compares me to anypony! Especially a fashion pony."

"Then let's go, Rainbow Fash."

"I only did that to stick out," Rainbow grumbled, trotting out of her house.


Twilight and Rainbow got to the throne room in their future possible castle home. Their mother was waiting with a small bag with mostly appropriate items. Other things like, unnameable items were in there.

Celestia on the other hoof, was nowhere to be seen. The two younger sisters trotted in with their bags and set them down.

"Mother, where is Tia?" Twilight questioned.

Luna glanced up from staring into a pocket mirror. "Oh she always takes a long time. She says it's the appropriate amount of time to get ready. It honestly isn't, though."

"It totally is, moonbutt!" Celestia shouted, coming into the room with a bag of her own.

"No it isn't, sunbutt. And you know that," Luna said back with a giggle.

Twilight and Rainbow had kept their mouths' quiet for too long. They burst out laughing, falling on the floor.

"Sunbutt? Moonbutt? Who in hay says that? It's hilarious!!" Rainbow shouted.

"Yeah! What's next? Sparklebutt?" Twilight agreed.

Celestia and Luna gave each other a knowing smile. "Maybe. And maybe we can call you two 'Sparklebutt' and 'Rainbowbutt'," Celestia said with a sly smile while Luna nodded in agreement.

"Hey! Don't drag me into this! She is the one who said it!" Rainbow argued.

"But you laughed too, Dashie," Luna smiled.

Everypony was silent for a few seconds. Then they all laughed and headed to the Royal Carriage.


Starlight smiled into a reflection of her nieces and sisters traveling in their carriage in her crystal ball. Good, good. They are already on their way. We shall win this war.

"Queen Starlight Flames?"

Starlight glanced up to see Cadance staring at her. 'Good thing it looks like she isn't corrupted. We need them to feel and think they chose it on free will. No mind control.'

"What is it? Can't you see I'm busy?" she snapped.

"Most regrets, your Majesty, but I was wondering, what may I do to prepare for the evil?" Cadance asked.

"Ah, you may go to the armory and find armor. Take Shining Armor with you so he can too."

"Right way, my Queen," Cadance said, bowing down then grabbing her husband with her now dark red magic aura.

Starlight laughed at the sight. Shining yelped when Cadance suddenly picked him up. The pair started fighting, hitting each other. The elder alicorn rolled her eyes and levitated the two ponies with her magic outside the throne room.

"For the stars' sake..." she murmured.

Starlight glanced back into her crystal ball. Her sisters and nieces were already crossing Van Hoover. The city was pretty close to Ponyville and Canterlot, but still quite the distance away. They were at least two hours worth in their journey.

The alicorn smirked, then put her crystal ball away. 'Soon.....'


Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack made their way off the Friendship Express Train. After an uneventful trip to Canterlot, except for the bitterness she and her friends, minus Fluttershy, had let off due to Rainbow Dash and Twilight having to leave.

Before the Royal Family left, Princess Celestia alerted the guard to be on lookout for the group. This was proven to be useful, for many ponies were unable to make it in the castle.

The group had made their way to the castle doors. Rarity trotted up to the guard on duty, and opened her mouth to speak.

"Excuse me, darling. We were supposed to be here with Princess Twilight Sparkle to live here for a week. Anyway you~" Rarity was interrupted with a hoof held up to her. The guard had his eyes closed, and took a deep breath.

"Are you Lady Rarity, Dear Fluttershy, Madam Pinkie Pie, and Miss Applejack?" the group nodded. "I see. Princess Celestia has ordered me to wait for you. If you ever so will follow me, I will show you all to your dorms."

Everypony followed the guard. They went past the throne room, the kitchen, and headed up the stairs to a tower.

When the guard stopped, he stepped out of the way. Rarity's jaw dropped instantly, while everypony did so at their own pace.

The room was huge, four beds in the room, even though it could fit almost three more. The beds were queen sized, and were made of the finest silk and other materials. There was also two closets big enough for two ponies to share.

The guard bowed and left. "I shall leave you to yourselves, my ladies. If you are ever in need of anything, just call."

"Of course, sir," Rarity replied, watching the guard leave. When he left, she used her magic to close the door. The unicorn trotted up to the rest of her friends, who were already starting to unpack.

"This is so amazing! I've never been so excited in my life! Well, except for the time when I threw Twilight that 'Welcome to Ponyville!' party! And really, who could top that?" Pinkie exclaimed, hopping around.

"Pinkie, y'all are the weirdest pony ah've ever seen," Applejack said, shaking her head.

"I agree," Rarity agreed.

"Hehe! That's alright. Sometimes I don't even understand me! Cupcake?" the earth pony pulled a cupcake out of nowhere.

Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rarity all blinked. "Um, where did you get that from, Pinkie? If you don't mind me asking, that is," Fluttershy whispered.

"Oh I don't mind at all! I got it from Sugarcube Corner, silly!"

"Darling, she means where did you have it? Like, where it was being held when you just pulled it out of, um, wherever."

"Ohh! Well that's easy! I got it from the fourth wall!" Pinkie beamed.

Applejack facehoofed. "Okay, ah'm done here."

Everypony laughed and continued unpacking. When their friends came back, they had so much to catch up on. They all could already tell.


Dash stared at the sights. In the carriage, the guards were pulling them about ten hundred hooves high. 'Higher than I've ever gone.' Rainbow Dash thought, clearly impressed.

The cyan alicorn glanced at her sister. The lavender alicorn was asking questions about their long lost aunt Starlight.

'Well, this is a good time as any. Might as well ask Twily now.' Rainbow took a breath and opened her mouth. "Hey Twilight? I thought this was a good time as any to ask, so, well..." she trailed off.

"What is it, Dash?" Twilight questioned.

The former pegasus shook her head. 'What's with the hesitantion, Dash?! Come on! Just ask her!'

"Can you help me practice my magic? In case we need it, y'know."

Twilight's eyes lit up. "I thought you would have never asked!" her horn glowed its normal pink aura and a second later a whole bunch of magic books appeared.

Celestia giggled. "Good luck, Dash. You just turned 'Egghead Mode' on."

Dash groaned. "Oh jeez..." she murmured.


"Dash! It's not that hard!" Twilight groaned, clearly annoyed and frustrated.

Dash rubbed the back of her mane. "Heh, sorry Twi. I don't understand why this is so hard for me."

Twilight had just gone over how to levitate items to her sister. Dash had spent the next twenty minutes attempting to actually DO it.

Rainbow Dash smiled with determination. "Don't worry, Twi. This is gonna be the one, I feel it."

"I hope so." the element of magic replied dryly, earning a glare from her mother.

"Twilight..." Luna said, her glare saying the rest.

"Sorry! I've been trying to teach her for over twenty minutes now. I'm just annoyed."

Luna nodded and turned her attention to her sister. They began chatting quietly.

Twilight's attention shifted back to Rainbow. She nodded, and Dash nodded back. It was the silent way of them telling each other to start.

Rainbow put herself into a more comfortable position. Her lit her dark blue aura, after a few tries of course. Her eyes focused upon the book Twilight was having her levitate.

Twilight had told her to try to lift the book up about a foot. Then once she is able to lift it with ease, start to try to make it move toward Rainbow. Easy sounding, huh? Not so much.

Dash's blue aura surrounded the book half way. The aura fell away, but came back a moment after.

Sweat was starting to roll down the cyan alicorn. 'Harder than it looks, I guess. Even with alicorn magic.'

Wait.

Twilight's eyes widened. Suddenly Rainbow's eyes flashed white and the book was levitated with ease. Everything else started to get enveloped in a dark blue aura as well, including the ponies on the carriage.

"Uh Twilight? H-help!!!!" Dash shouted, frightened at what was happening to herself.

"I'm trying!" the lavender alicorn replied. "Tia! Mother! Help! Dash is having a flare!!"

"Dear Celestia!" Celestia shot a glare at Luna, who returned with a sorry smile. "Sorry, sister. That is the term our subjects say these days. But it seems Dashie has raw power, just like me, you, and Twilight. You know what you need to do."

Celestia nodded and released herself from Dash's grasp. She flew trotted over to her, and put a hoof upon the young alicorn's chest.

Rainbow's eyes flashed red for not even a second, then returned to their original pink. She was fazed for a second, but then shook her head. The element of loyalty beamed and sped towards her aunt.

"Thanks for saving me. I have no idea what just happened. I just told myself to do this, and the next though you know I put too much power, somehow, into the spell! Then poof! I levitate you all like it's nothing!" Dash explained.

"That tends to happen when you're new to magic. It's called a flare. When you preformed your first Sonic Rainboom, Twilight had her flare that got her in my school. Luna had one raising the moon, as of I had one raising the sun, " Celestia replied.

"Huh," was all Dash could say before the carriage stopped.

Celestia turned her head to face the guards pulling the carriage. They unhooked themselves and bowed. "Your Majesty, we have arrived at the Crystal Empire."

"I see. Thank you," she replied.

The guard who spoke saluted. The family jumped out of the carriage and started their way to the castle.

The empire seemed quieter than usual. The ponies were all in their homes, they guessed.

Celestia stopped at the castle. Her eyes widened. "Okay everypony, sorry for this, but I am needing to teleport us to the throne room right away. I sense Starlight."

When she got everyponies approval she fired.

They reappeared in front of the crystal throne. Twilight and Rainbow gasped. Luna glared, while Celestia jut stood with pride.

"Hello, Tia. Hello Luna. And don't forget Twily and Dashie!" Starlight smirked.

"Starlight..." Celestia murmured.

Author's Note:

Edit | 1 time

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!

I think next chapter is the chapter everypony is waiting for; the fight scene!!

Hope you enjoy!

-PIXELMOON 🌙