• Published 4th Dec 2011
  • 1,641 Views, 23 Comments

Midnight Green - Voyd211



A self insert fic that desperately tries to avoid Mary Sue-ness and other self-insert cliches

  • ...
2
 23
 1,641

Chapter One

Chapter 1

“Alright, who are you? Who do you think you are, charging into town, possibly injuring somepony, while we're all in the middle of working?”

The unicorn attempted to extricate himself from the remains of his cart as he answered. “I'm Midnight Green, I'm a traveling entertainer. Of course, my poor cart has seen better days, and it's been about two weeks since I last saw civilization.” He gave up trying to free himself and promptly tried to fall asleep, figuring that the wreckage would be gone when he woke up.

Twilight was outraged. This pony could have very easily hurt somepony, and here he was, not apologizing, and instead of reacting, he had simply fallen asleep. She kicked his head.

“Ow! Sunuva– what was that for?”

“You are going to get up and clean up this mess, right now.”

“Hey, lady, I don't know if you can tell, but I'm kind of TRAPPED here. So, I'm the one that needs help at the mo–”

“Hi, what's going on?” Twilight rolled her eyes as Pinkie Pie bounced toward the cart, cheerful as ever. “Oh, you've got a cart on top of you.”

Midnight took a moment to respond. “Um.... hi?” Twilight abruptly shoved her face into his. “Can't you, I don't know, move it with magic?

Midnight quickly became deadpan again. “Listen,lady, the only spells I'm good at are stage effects with light and sound. Moving the smashed remains of a minstrel cart isn't exactly on my resumé.” To prove his point, he tried to move the cart with a spell. The wreckage rose into the air a scant few inches.... and then immediately slammed back down with far more force than just falling.

Twilight was exasperated by this unicorn that had obviously knocked the wind out of himself and cast her own spell. Rather quickly, the cart moved off of him and settled down out of the way. Midnight leapt up, shook himself off, and dropped the deadpan look. “Thank you kindly, madam. Now, I came here because I desperately need food, water, and rest, but from the looks of things, you fine folks are throwing a party around here. Am I wrong?”

Twilight slipped into deadpan herself. “Yes. A party. Fun for everyone.”

Pinkie Pie couldn't help herself. “Not just any party, silly: It's the Grand Galloping Gala!” Midnight was genuinely surprised. “Wait, what? I thought the Gala was in Canterlot, goodness knows how long ago I was last there, but this is a million miles from anywhere!”

Actually, it is approximately a day's journey from Ponyville to Canterlot.

“Oh no, don't tell me that stupid thing still works...” He had desperately hoped that his thus-far-useless Equestrian Positioning System had been destroyed in the crash. Unfortunately, it was completely intact.

“Bugger... well, if that waste of forty bits made it through the crash, then surely other pieces of my tackle survived...