• Published 17th Jun 2017
  • 3,304 Views, 136 Comments

Canterlot High Has A New What?! - Enclave2277



Sweetie Belle uses her newfound lifestyle to help rescue a transfer student trapped behind a mask.

  • ...
21
 136
 3,304

The Madness Of What?!

Chapter 15: The Madness of WHAT?!

The incessant ticking of the clock nearly drove Breezy mad as she sat at her Viola Organista trying to put the final touches on her presentation. She had the melody ready to be recorded and saved, she had the song’s theme and rhythm, but she did not have the full lyrics. For Breezy this was usually the easiest part of song writing yet tonight she was finding it hard to focus.

Tomorrow she was set to attend a club meeting and preform for Sweetie, Apple Bloom, Pinkie Pie, and the other nude friends of the NLAC. Thankfully it wasn’t a full party, just the officers meeting up to plan the weekend’s party. But for Breezy tomorrow meant something more. Her doubts over joining the Glee club had skyrocketed to full on regret and she was now hell bent on removing them. In order to do that she would have to sing…on stage, in front of people, that were also naked.

Normally, that fact alone would be a massive turn off for Breezy. More so than actually being on stage in front of people. Her mask would keep her safe on that front, but unfortunately it would not save her from the sight of naked people. Seeing Sweetie was okay, seeing Sweetie and Apple Bloom was okay, but seeing multiple girls naked in front of her was very off putting. Granted she had seen all of them with painted clothing on, but now that wasn’t going to be an option.

Then again her position on nudity and nudism hadn’t changed. The fear that was brewing within her came down to mere vanity than anything else. The usual statements of proud and comfortable within one’s skin rang in Breezy’s head like an annoying earworm. And yet there she was all day with her mask and hood on, afraid to even approach a club whose members she hadn’t even met. Simply put, her fear had taken over.

And now she was left in solace, sitting at her Viola Organista, getting rattled by the clock ticking the seconds away. As if transfixed by the sound, Breezy drew her eyes towards the clock. The face read twelve past midnight, Breezy was way away past her bedtime on a school night. She needed to go to bed, but she also needed to finish her song. Looking back at the music notebook she had open over the keys, Breezy felt herself get discouraged. She wasn’t going to get anywhere so she got up and made her way over to the couch.

It wasn’t rare for her to fall asleep near the Organista if she had stayed up too late creating music, but she did need to set an alarm so she wouldn’t over sleep. As she took off her mask she slumped over onto the couch, her muscles ached and her body begged for sleep. But as she lay her head down upon a pillow and drew some blankets that were once covering the couch over her, her brain kept racing for a solution. Breezy closed her eyes, trying to force the issue.

Then as she looked at the inside of her eyelids and tried to imagine a dream, she thought. Sweetie hadn’t flinched too horribly when she saw Breezy’s burned face for the first time. So why should she flinch preforming in front of a few people who were naked? As she thought more on it, something insidious popped into her head, or rather returned into her head: the clock’s tick. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth it went over and over and over never ceasing never stopping.

Breezy stuffed a pillow over her ears hoping to get the sound out but it was too little avail. Giving up she simply let the clock tick away while she lay on the couch wondering. But then as she wondered about tomorrow and what it will bring, Breezy allowed the clock’s tick to turn into the tick of a metronome. Once its rhythm became melodic instead of annoying, she drifted back into a memory…

“…yes it can be very scary when you’re first trying it out. Even more so for people who do have lots of scars or deformities. But there’s one thing I remembered from a book I read: the only thing to fear is fear itself.”

Nudists needed no protection, no secrets for them to hide, it must’ve been so comforting for them to have a safe environment in that regards. And then, it hit Breezy.

“Safe…” she whispered, “Safe and…secure.”

Yes my friend, you are….with me… Her brain spoke.

Breezy was safe, even with her new friends, and they wanted her to be safe as well. Maybe….

“That’s it!” she exclaimed as softly as her emotions would allow.

Not bearing a second’s thought she leapt off the couch and raced to the Viola Organista. Turning it and the recording material on Breezy began to play the melody she had written earlier. Yet this time words raced through her mind and into her mouth before being sung to the microphone. Everything was within the moment nothing fully thought out, for that would come later with polish and proof reading.

What she put together was raw, unvarnished, and yet safe for her. Much like “Behind the Mask,” Breezy found herself singing about her life and her surrounds more than any abstract thought or world shaking event. As she had come to know this was much easier and more expedient. And now she was on fire, blazing away a perfectly tuned and well written song that she would present for her friends tomorrow.

For if they would not be afraid of presenting their naked forms to her, why should she be afraid of singing for them.

They will hate you… Her mind whispered, As they have all done before.

“No,” Breezy spoke aloud as she finished the song, “They will not.”

Can you be so sure, hasn’t history repeated itself before?

“Sweetie would never, and besides its a few people what harm is there?” Breezy smiled as she shut everything down.

That is how it starts! A few people here and then a few people there until before you realize it you will be a sideshow act for Sweetie Belle before the whole school!

“I am not a sideshow!”

Yes you are, we both know that. The goddess has bestowed this punishment upon us both and here we are. Every time you push for a change you get hurt what good will it do for us if you hurt yourself again!? They are using you! They will betray you! It happened before it will happen AGAIN!

Breezy bit her lower lip, somehow she knew her conscious was right. But tomorrow was set and for the good of her friendship, she would go on. Because maybe, just maybe, this time things would be different.