• Published 12th Jun 2017
  • 345 Views, 0 Comments

Changes - Gabushe Shy



War has been waged between the Anguisequus race and the Changelings. But not everyone stands on the front lines.

  • ...
 0
 345

Princess of Cangelings

Changes - Chapiter 1
by Gabushe Shy

The white Anguisequus flared up her horn. She stood in front of an evil changeling queen. I didn't know nor did I care about her real name. Cadence said the name endless times but it just seemed that I can’t remember the name. I knew and remembered one thing - I really messed up and both I and Cadence were in a big problem.

"You imprudent ruffian! How both you and your heedless Changelings dare to touch my precious Twilight! I will never forgive if you hurt her in any way!" my mother cried out sending some bolts from her slightly curved horn. I never understood how my mom could be Anguisequus if her only dragon features was a tail that is slightly pushed back, her slightly narrowed pupils and a mildly curved horn. Maybe that is she married a full blooded dragon to bring some dragon blood to the royal family.

The Changeling Queen on the other hoof only snarled and had a few rude remarks about the only thing that could hurt anything was a dragon and that I had all of them under control and her daughter - Cadence - on the other hoof couldn't defend herself to a dragon assault and that she could be easily hurt.



As for me and the little Changeling sitting next to me in the tiny bush we were hiding in? We just hoped that neither of the two most powerful mages in Equestria will hit us with a spell.



A billion thoughts were running through my head all at once. From the fear that something would happen to my mom to the fear of the little Changeling Princess snuggled up to my side. From what I knew, I wasn't supposed to feel emotions but I could easily detect Cadences fear.



I hugged her tightly and watched our mothers fight each other. They were engaged in something that could only be called a Fight of Titans.



Queen of the Changelings shot off another beam from her crooked horn and mom easily dodged the beam with her signature gem shield. I felt a similar gem shield form around me and the little Changeling Princess but with a little bit different magical signature.



I looked around trying to find the other magician before I realized that this is my magic signature and that I summoned the shield. On normal circumstances I wouldn't believe it but now I was just happy that we had a shield to protect us.



While I was thinking about all this some spell hit the shield and it began breaking. Now that I was aware of the shield I poured more magic onto it. The shield was repaired but when I looked up to my mother and the Changeling Queen I saw that fatigue was already showing on them and it didn't seem like they will be able to fight much longer.



I don't know how but the Changeling Queen noticed us and threatened that she would do something to us. My mom apparently knowing about me and Cadence all along didn't care about the threat and shot of a spell.



Queen of the Changelings also shot of a spell. The spells met each other in the middle and then backfired. When the spell had hit my mother she made an ear piercing shriek. On the other claw, the Queen fell to the ground without a sound.



Cadence started sobbing and hugged me tightly. The last thing that I heard was faint wing beating before I passed out.

---

I woke up panting trying to catch a breath. I looked around trying to find out where I am. After a minute I realized that I am in my room in the castle. A room that I owned from my birth. A room that held all the bad memories.



But this was also a room that held all the good memories. I saw my little book nest where Adrienne the royal librarian taught me how to read. On the other side was a display of many weapons that I held close to my heart. I know every one of them and nowadays it was only a matter of preference of which weapon I chose.



In front of my bed were decorated clock. I looked up to the clock to see what time it was. It was already morning but so early that nodragon with even a little tidbit of sanity would get up. I wanted to go to sleep but deep inside I knew that after this nightmare I couldn't sleep anymore.



I got out of my bed and walked to the display. I picked one of the bows and but even though I had magic I picked it with my wings. I quickly snatched a quiver full of arrows and walked out of my room.



While I was walking through the halls of the castle I got some weird looks most of them because I carried my bow and arrows with a wing.



When I got to the training grounds one other Anguisequus was already practicing sparring. I greeted him with a nod and went to the archery part of the training ground and stood on the twenty five claws mark.



I took my bow into one of my wing claws. Technically I was half Wyvern so I had much better grip on anything than most the population with my wings. I grabbed one of the arrows and I put it onto the chord and pulled it back and when it met my face it let it go. The chord sang its song of death and the arrow had hit the middle of the target. Satisfied with the result it moved to a fifty claws mark.

---

In the royal kitchen a happy humming could be heard. It was the royal chef preparing some gemstone waffles - the favorite food of the royal family. Shortly before the sun rose she put a fresh, still hot plate of waffles to side knowing that the princess would find them.

---

When the sun had hopped over the horizon I was neither on the training grounds nor in my room. I was currently running through the maze that were the royal kitchens trying to find the plate of warm gemstone waffles that Gemstone Waffle always set aside.



Finally I saw the plate. As always with my dumb luck when it came to the royal kitchens the plate was on the other side of the kitchens. I walked to the plate and took it with my magic stuffing one of the waffles into my mouth and thanking Gemstone Waffle. I was really happy that Anguisequus with talent like this - she even got a Cutie Mark with this talent which is highly unusual - accepted the offer to go and work here.



With the little tidbits of gemstone crunching in my mouth I went to the eastern balcony where my father was already waiting.



I sat the plate in front of us and took a bite out of one of the waffles.



“I had a nightmare dad,” I said “I saw mom’s death.” I finished.



“Don't worry about it my little Twily…” he said putting one of his wings around me. I never understood how he could hold balance only with one wing and two legs - most likely some kind of Wyvern instinct.



It seemed that he wanted to say something but a scroll appeared and maybe it was intuition or some other force. The point was that I instantly knew what information the letter contained.



“So the war with the Changelings begins.”

Author's Note:

Please keep in mind that I am non-native speaker, so I will be glad if you point out any mistakes. :raritystarry:

The comment section isnt there just for fun :raritywink:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment