• Published 22nd Jun 2017
  • 453 Views, 1 Comments

A Day at Wonderbolt HQ. - Polaris Solarmoon



A story about Fluttersky "Phoenix" Firewing and the Wonderbolts.

  • ...
 1
 453

The New Recruit

The New Recruit

It was a nice and sunny day at the Wonderbolts HQ, some members of the Wonderbolts were flying about practicing stunts while others were resting,the Captain in particular was currently watching a few of the rookie members practice thier tricks.

"Ok take five everypony,you all did good today."Captain "Phoenix" Firewing said as she watched the rookies fly down and then salute.

"Mam,Yes,Mam!" They said in unison.

"This isn't a boot camp you know, come let's hit the showers and then you all can rest, sound good?" "Phoenix" said.

"Mam, Yes,Mam!" The rookes said in unison before going to the showers, Their Captain following behind.

After her shower Captain "Phoenix" Firewing went to her room and then pondered on what to do next,it wasn't long until she heard a knock at the door.

"Come in."she said.

"Captain,we've got word that a new recruit is causing a lot of trouble for the other membersof his team,what do we do?"said the Wonderbolt that had came in.

*sighs*"Who is it this time Spitfire?"

Spitfire quickly said" It's a rookie by the name of Ace Windfeather."

Phoenix raised an eyebrow then left the room without a word, Spitfire had immediately moved out of her Captains way as she walked by,the reason?, her Captain had a look on her face that would make even Discord cower in fear.

As the Captain walked by, all of the Wonderbolts that she passed gave her a salute before going back to whatever they were doing,some were out right terrified of the almost hostile look that she currently wore,she appeared to be heading towards the training grounds.

*At the Wonderbolt training grounds*

Ace Windfeather was flying circles around some of the more experienced flyers in his group,he hardly cared how anypony else felt when he bosted of his achievements and how "awesome" he was,he had no idea that he was about to get a massive reality check.

"Man, you guys are so lame,heh I guess that I'm just too fast for all of ya!" he said right before he landed.

"Hey,quit messin around Ace,your gonna get in trouble!" A rookie had said.

"Bah.., what's the worst that could happen?"he said in a cocky tone.

All of a sudden the rookie Ace was talking to paled in fear then went stiff as a board, she only said one word before pointing behind him:" Her".

"Huh?"he said as he turned around,he instantly regretted ever showing off because before him stood Captain "Phoenix" Firewing herself.

Ace froze in place, it was at this moment he knew....,he was screwed.

"ACE WINDFEATHER, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!"Captain "Phoenix" Firewing said.

"C-captain!,Uh...I was um.....just showin' everypony my flyin' skills that's all,eh heh heh..."he said nervously.

Captain "Phoenix" Firewing narrowed her eyes at him, Ace was sweating bullets, this was the 3rd time he's been this terrified.

"Tell me the truth Ace, unless you want to do 500 laps around the training grounds..."she says in an almost threatening tone.

With wide eyes Ace immediately told her everything that he was doing hoping that his Captain would show mercy.

Captain "Phoenix" Firewing sighed than said" Listen up rookies you all might wanna hear this,I do not tolerate any showboating especially if it hurts other's feelings, Ace I'll let you go with a warning but if I hear that you've been messing around or bullying your team mates...,You will end up doing 500 laps around the training grounds understood?"

"Y-Yes mam!" Ace said.

"Good, Now then you are dismissed." And with those words said,"Phoenix" Firewing flies off to her room.

Ace breathed a sigh of relief then decides to fly away, keeping the words of his Captain deep in his mind...

After Phoenix Firewing had left, she decides to take the rest of the day off.

"Spitfire your in charge, I'm gonna get some shut-eye,I'll see ya tomorrow."she said.

"Ok, see you tomorrow Captain."Spitfire says while saluting.

"Phoenix" Firewing then flies home.

*"Phoenix" Firewing's P.O.V*

As I flew off towards home, I noticed that Ace Windfeather was flying behind me.

"What's he up to?"I had said to my self.

"Hey Captain,wait up!" he said as he caught up to me.

"Hey Ace,what up?"I said calmly.

"I-i just wanted to apologize for earlier,I had no idea that showing off was against the rules,so anyway I was hoping you'd give me a second chance and-"

"I forgive you."I said.

"Wha?"Ace said in confusion.

"I said that I forgive you Ace Windfeather, because, as I quote Polaris Solarmoon,everypony deserves a second chance..."I say as I get ready to leave.

Before I had left,Ace had stopped me then said"T-thank you Captain "Phoenix" Firewing,I'll never forget the lessons you taught me."

"Please call me Fluttersky."I said with a wink,I then flew home leaving Ace to just stare into empty space.

*End Fluttersky Phoenix Firewing's P.O.V*

Ace was surprised to hear his Captain's real name,he always thought that her name was just "Phoenix" Firewing,he had figured that was the case because the other members of the Wonderbolts always called her that,but now he only wondered one thing...

"Does that mean..., I'm....,her friend now?" he muttered to himself.

"I'd say so." a mysterious yet calm voice said.

Ace was startled by the voice but when he saw whom it belonged to he was shocked.

"P-P-P-Polaris Solarmoon!"he says as he lands on a cloud and then bows out of respect.

Polaris Solarmoon simply chuckled then said"There is no need for you to bow, you are not in any trouble, I'm only here to see Captain Fluttersky,do you know as to her whereabouts?"

Ace just stared at him for a bit and then said"she probably went home but I'm not 100 percent sure."

Oh, thank you my young friend, I must be off,oh and before I go tell Fluttersky that I said hello will you not?"Polaris said.

"Heh,no problem your highness,I'll let her know,see ya." Ace said.

When Ace blinked,Polaris Solarmoon was gone, he had teleported away after he said "Farewell".

"Huh, what a strange fellow." Ace said before he went back to the training grounds.

After he met Polaris Solarmoon, Ace had kept to his normal training and never tried showboating again knowing full well that the threat of his Captain still lingered in his mind.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this one was short, I had a major case of writer's block,heh oh well what can I do?

Ace Windfeather is a brand new oc that I made,he is a orange pegasus with a red and spiky mane, his cutie is a blue wing, he is rather bostful and is known for showing off, he is also fearful of his Captain and does everything in his power to keep from getting in trouble with her, he is a new recruit in the Wonderbolts.

(characters )

Fluttersky "Phoenix" Firewing :yay:

Ace Windfeather 😊

Prince Polaris Solarmoon 🌓

Spitfire 🔥

Thanks for reading, see ya next time

Glitter Brightstar:"Bye!*giggles*"

Me:*sighs*

Comments ( 1 )

I got to stop putting bios in my stories whenever a new character makes an appearance...., oh well let me know in the comments how good/bad this story was...

Login or register to comment