• Published 12th Jun 2017
  • 2,606 Views, 61 Comments

Kung Fu Dragon 2 - CartoonNerd12



The sequel to Kung Fu Dragon. Where things get tense for our Dragon Warrior!

  • ...
4
 61
 2,606

Chapter 3

When it was nearly time for Celestia to set the sun, Spike had finished telling Twilight what he had learned from his Dad when they were in the library once more.

"So Discord just found your egg and then you just hatched all of sudden in front of him, and because of that he took you in?" she inquired being fascinated by the whole thing.

"Right, but it still doesn't explain how I got there in the first place."

"It certainly is mysterious as to why that is…" Twilight rubbed her chin. "Maybe… I can look around and check with ponies if they ever had lost a dragon egg… It'd be worth looking into…"

Spike smiled, "That'd be great!"

Suddenly, Applejack burst in, shouting, "Spike! Twilight! We got trouble! Some pony spotted changelings approaching Canterlot!"

"On it!" he declared as both he and the alicorn ran out with Applejack.

Twilight started flapping her wings, "I'll go on ahead to see what the scuffle is like, you two make sure everyone else is coming and agree on a code word in case the changelings start to impersonate either one of you."

Applejack quickly asked, "What will your code word be then?"

"Books! Of course!"

Spike muttered, "Of course…"

Twilight teleported away as the pony and dragon kept on running.

He brought up, "Well I guess this means you'll have to stay after all!"

She retorted, "I'm still goin' back home, Spike! I'll stay long enough to deal with this Changeling threat but once it's over, I'm leaving!"

"But what if it's not enough?! We need you, Applejack!"

"Sure it's not 'I need ya'?!"

He furrowed his brow, "What does that mean?!"

She felt herself going hot, "Um… er…" she shook her head and shouted, "Never mind! Come on, we need to get to stopping whatever those changelings are doing here!" she ran on ahead so he couldn't question her further.


Flurry was getting tired of flying and trying to shoot beams at the changelings behind her.

Pupa called out, "Surrender, girl!"

"Never! You took my mommy and daddy but you won't take me!"

The changelings started to shoot at her and Flurry was dodging the best she could but exhaustion was getting the better of her. Then in a flash of pink an alicorn showed up and blasted at the changelings.

Flurry exclaimed happily, "Aunt Twilight!"

Twilight inquired, "Flurry, sweetie, are you okay?!"

"Yeah, but I'm too pooped to fight them off any longer…"

"Get to the ground and take cover, the others will be here shortly."

A joint yell sounded off then and Twilight and Flurry saw the Elements and the Dragon Warrior coming.

The changelings also saw them and Thorax questioned to Pupa, "Is that… a dragon?!"

Pupa scowled, "It can't be!"

Thorax kept asking, "Wasn't the zebra's prophecy that a dragon living among ponies would be the queen's downfall?"

Pupa told him, "Then we better do something about him or else the queen will be furious and I don't need to tell you what she'll do…"

Thorax shivered and shook his head.

Flurry had landed on the ground and ducked in an alley as she watch the fight commence between the changelings, her aunt, the Elements, and the Dragon Warrior. The five changelings changed appearance to look like Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Twilight. Pupa and Thorax didn't bother changing as their main focus was on Spike. Applejack stood by his side as she barred her teeth at the two bug ponies.

Pupa said to Thorax, "You take the tough-looking pony while I take the dragon…"

Thorax gulped, "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

But Pupa didn't listen as he charged at Spike, the dragon blew his fire but the changeling dodged it and shot his green beams at him. Applejack tried to help but Thorax jumped her and they struggled with each other. Pupa and Spike kept up with their fight until Pupa managed to get the upper hoof and punched the dragon square in the jaw making Spike grow dizzy and he slowly fell into darkness, making him fall to the ground.

"Spike!" Applejack cried out. She threw Thorax off her back and charged at Pupa and fought with him before she was able to rope him in and saw the other girls had been able to defeat their changelings. Thorax knew he had to get out of here before they realized he was still free and buzzed away.

Twilight commented, "Good work, everyone."

Applejack rushed to Spike's side and gently shook him, "Spike! Spike! Wake up!" she patted his cheeks and the dragon slowly woke.

In his eyes he saw a beautiful figure standing in the sunlight and a sense of déjà vu came to him. Then when getting a closer look he realized it was Applejack standing in there and he could remember he first met her like this when he thought he had crashed to the ground during the choosing of the Dragon Warrior and he looked up to see her thinking she was in angel. Of course now that he thought about it she was an angel in her own way. Kind, caring, helpful, friendly, and even though she had a tough manner, she was also gentle.

"You okay, sugar cube?" Applejack inquired in concern, "From the way you were staring off like that, I reckon' you're still a bit dazed from that punch that no good lowdown varmint gave ya…"

"Huh? Oh!" he didn't realize he was staring for so long at her and sat up, "I'm fine, a bit sore, but I'm okay."

"You're sure?" she asked.

"Yes…" he assured her, making her lock gazes with him.

Twilight and the girls saw the exchange between the two and the lavender alicorn looked at the mares in confusion as they merely shrugged. But their thoughts were soon turn by Flurry Heart coming out of her hiding place and she shouted in excitement.

"That was so cool! And awesome!"

Rainbow gave a smug look, "It was, wasn't it?"

The girls rolled their eyes as Twilight questioned, "Now Flurry, now that you're safe, can you tell us why those changelings were after you?"

Flurry's eyes went sad as she blubbered out, "The Changelings overtook the Crystal Empire! Mommy and Daddy were taken to prison!"

The group gasped.

Spike exclaimed, "No!"

Twilight yelled, "Cadence! Shining Armor!"

"They told me to warn you!" she started crying, "But I don't know if I'll ever see them again!"

As she wept, Twilight wrapped her wings around her niece as she tried to calm her, "It's okay… we're going to get them back and the Empire…" she looked at the girls and Spike as they nodded.

In moments, they were back at the castle and Twilight started to make a plan. Flurry was resting from her long flight while the royal sisters had been made aware of Chrysalis's takeover of the Crystal Empire. Now they were all gathered in the throne room as Twilight explained her plan.

"We can't risk a full assault while she holds Cadence and Shining Armor hostage, and since Celestia, Luna, and I can't step into the kingdom without being recognized by the changelings, it'll have to be up to you," pointing to Spike and the girls, "to sneak into the Crystal Empire, find Shining Armor and Cadence and get them out. Once you do that, send us a message so we can begin the attack to get the Empire back. Are there any questions?"

When there were none, Twilight stated, "Then take the next train to the Crystal Empire, we haven't a moment to lose…"

There were random agreements and hugs goodbye as the Elements and their Dragon Warrior set out.


They were about to leave Canterlot when Discord popped up and called out, "Oh, son, wait! I got a travel pack for you!"

Spike questioned, "How did you know that…?"

"I sensed it! Besides, I couldn't let my son go to the Crystal Empire for who knows how long without snacks and your action figures!" he took out the Applejack and Rainbow Dash figures.

Spike blushed in embarrassment as the girls marveled at the craftsmanship.

Rarity inquired, "Spikey! Did you make these?!"

Rainbow took her action figure, "You totally got my likeness! Awesome!"

Fluttershy asked, "Why didn't you tell us about these?"

Spike confessed as he twiddled his fingers, "It was before I met you guys, and well, you were my heroes so… I made action figures of all of you…"

"Cool!" Pinkie bounced.

"You don't mind?" he asked.

"Heck, no!" expressed Applejack, "I think it's really amazing what you made."

He slightly blushed, "Thanks…"

Discord put the figures back in the pack and magically put it on his son's back. With him saying, "Now be careful, son."

Spike rolled his eyes, "Of course, Dad…"

"And also wash behind your ears, brush your fangs twice a day, look both ways before crossing the street, don't go swimming for an hour after you eat…"

Spike smacked his forehead, "Dad! I'm not a kid anymore!"

"Well can I help it that you were my kid for eighteen whole years?!" but when seeing Spike have a sad look on his face caused the draconequus to be concern, "Right?"

"I… I got to go…" the dragon moved on.

"Awk-ward…" Pinkie muttered out.

Rarity cleared her throat, "Yes, we must press on… Good day, Mr. Discord." she, Rainbow, Pinkie, and Fluttershy followed after Spike.

Applejack looked at the forlorn draconequus and said, "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll come around…"

"Hm… one would hope so…" then he turned his head to her with a slight smirk, "You know… as long as you're still here, I've meaning been ask you something these past three years."

"Yeah?" she raised her brow.

"Just what are your intentions toward my son?" his smirk grew.

Her mouth dropped and she sputtered, "I… I don't know what you mean!"

"Oh, come now, Applejack, I've been watching you and the others real close like and I always notice you give my son these longing looks…"

Sweat slightly dipped from her face as she stammered, "It's nothing! Nothing at all! Now you excuse me, I got to go!" she ran to catch up with the others.

Discord shook his head in amusement before he took out a picture of him and a baby Spike in his arms, causing him to sigh sadly while pressing the photo to his forehead.