• Published 12th Jun 2017
  • 2,606 Views, 61 Comments

Kung Fu Dragon 2 - CartoonNerd12



The sequel to Kung Fu Dragon. Where things get tense for our Dragon Warrior!

  • ...
4
 61
 2,606

Chapter 11

Flurry exclaimed with excitement, "That was so awesome the way you just blew your fire at them!" she flapped next to Spike and Applejack as they made their way down the castle stairs.

"Thank Applejack for giving me the idea." he smiled.

"Thanks Auntie Applejack!" Flurry gave the mare a quick hug.

AJ smiled back, "Yer welcome, sugar cube."

They spotted the others below the steps and Flurry flew ahead, shouting happily, "Mommy! Daddy!"

"Flurry!" her parents joyfully said as they received a huge hug from her.

Spike inquired, "Are we all here then?"

Shining stated, "I've already sent a message to Twilight. She, Celestia, and Luna should be here soon with the army."

"Great." the Dragon Warrior said.

Applejack told them, "We better get goin' then to meet them."

The group rushed out of the building only to be met by a swarm of changelings blocking their path. The leader of them addressed them with a hiss, "Did you really think you could escape so easily?"

The ponies and dragon looked on with contempt.

Chrysalis kept talking, "I was well aware of your scheme when Pharynx caught the traitor…" she pointed to the purple-eyed changeling that carried in his brother looking defeated.

Spike gave a sad look to him and uttered, "Thorax…"

The queen declared, "Witness, my subjects of what happens to those who betray the Hive!" she magically grab on to Thorax, "I shall drain every ounce of his love from him!"

"NO!" Spike shouted and tried to intervene but changelings stopped him with green goo at his feet and the same thing happen with the others. They struggled to get free. But when they couldn't, Spike could only hopelessly watch as Chrysalis prepared to drain Thorax.

She opened her mouth wide but when very little love was coming out, she gasped, "What? That can't be! This mewling little grub has to have a lot of love within him from being friends with the dragon!"

Spike and Applejack exchanged confused looks. But their looks turned happy the moment Thorax smugly replied, "That's because I'm not Thorax." in a flash of green, the changeling had purple eyes and a red fin on the back of his head.

Then in the crowd the Pharynx double turned into Thorax and blasted at the green goo freeing the captives. The Elements, Flurry, and the royal couple went into battle mode fighting off the swarm. Spike went to Thorax with a smile. The queen saw all of this and in rage threw Pharynx to the side.

She said in a dangerously low tone, "No… I won't let this be my demise…" she powered her horn and glared menacingly at the dragon and changeling. But before she could aim her blast, Pharynx blasted at her first.

"No one hurts my brother… Not even you my queen…" he stared back in defiance.

"You fool!" she started to blast at him and Pharynx retaliated but it was hard to keep at it.

Thorax saw the trouble and proclaimed, "I gotta help him!"

Spike nodded, "You do that, I gotta help my girl!" seeing Applejack was having trouble bucking away a bunch of changelings ganging up on her. He rushed over to fight them off and grabbed AJ's hooves, asking with a smirk, "Care to dance, partner?"

She smirked back, "How mighty kind of ya to ask, I'd love to."

He lifted her up and twirled her around with her back hooves kicking away some of the changelings, when he set her down, she exclaimed, "That was pretty good, now it's your turn to bust some moves!" she twirled him around and dipped him having his head smack the rest of the swarm away.

They ended up laughing and stared into each other's eyes. But their sweet moment was interrupted by a cry and they turned to see Thorax and Pharynx falling to the ground by Chrysalis's blasts.

"Thorax!" Spike ran to him.

The changeling looked at him wearily, "Spike, you got to get out of here, there's too many of them and the queen's too powerful to take on alone…"

Spike looked around the battle field of his friends fighting gallantly but Thorax was right, there was just too many changelings to fight off that the battle seem lost but suddenly a bright flash came above them and he looked up. A smile spread across his face.

The three princesses had finally arrived and Twilight was leading the charge. She flew to where her friends were and used her magic to blast the changelings.

The girls exclaimed in excitement, "Twilight!"

She told them, "This way, girls!" she started clearing a path for them just as Celestia and Luna ordered their pegasi and bat-pony guards to strike.

Chrysalis screeched, "NOOOO!" then with a dark scowl she addressed the dragon, "YOU! You took away my victory!"

Spike faced her, "So I did."

With an outrage scream she charged at him, Spike was ready to take the blow but at the last second he was pushed away by someone. He thought it was Thorax but when he looked behind, he was shocked to find Applejack lying on the ground looking battered. His lips trembled at the sight and something deep within him like an ancient instinct woke up telling him that his mate had been hurt by another and now they must pay for what they did.

He saw the queen changeling composing herself and saw who she hit instead, with a wicked smirk she looked at him.

He roared, "YOU MONSTER!" he started running toward her to attack.

At the same time, Chrysalis was blasting away but he managed to dodge them. There was no stopping him, he was like a raging beast that wouldn't stop until he avenged his love.


Twilight couldn't believe what she was seeing from above. Spike had always been protective of his friends but this… this was different, he looked like a wild animal on a rampage. Rainbow flew up to her, making Twilight questioned, "What's happen to him?"

Dash stated, "Simple, he's in love."

Twilight screeched, "What?!"


Applejack moaned as she slowly woke up, that was quite a hit she took for her beloved Spike. But she would gladly take a thousand hits if meant keeping her love safe from harm. She looked up and saw him tussling with the Changeling Queen but he had this fierce look in his eye.

Thorax came up to help her up as he commented, "His love for you is great…"

"Why do you say that?"

"Because he's displaying huge amounts of love right now especially since he saw you lying there and assumed the worst."

Applejack gapped at this, she knew Spike had come to love her but for him to truly love her like no other, made her heart pound furiously.

Thorax smiled, "Now you displaying huge amounts of love for him."

Pharynx exclaimed, "Wow, Thorax! You were right about this sharing love nonsense! I can actually feel her sharing her love to the dragon! It's way more powerful then when we had to drain love!"

Applejack's eyes lit up from this, "If sharing love is more powerful for you… then maybe…" she called out to her love, "Spike! Spike!"

Spike who was still fighting with the queen briefly looked over to see his beloved calling out for him and instantly his eyes went soft at seeing her, "Applejack?"

The changeling commented, "Humph, it seems your earth pony is stronger then she seems."

Spike proclaimed, "You have no idea!" with a grunt and a shove he moved away from the queen and ran to his love's awaiting embrace. He whispered, "I'm so glad you're okay."

She whispered back, "Please, you know it takes more that to get me down."

"I know, but don't ever do that again."

"Only if you promise you won't get yer self blasted around the Frozen North again."

"Deal." he kissed her cheek.

"Spike, I think I know how we can defeat her now."

He looked at her in bewilderment, "How?"

She looked at Thorax and stated, "We need to share our love to Thorax."

Spike's eyes widen.

Chrysalis grinded her teeth at seeing the pair conversing with the traitor and declared, "Nothing can save you from my wrath now!" she powered her horn and was about to blast again but stopped short when she saw how Thorax stepped forward with a scowl and behind him the dragon and pony joined appendages while touching Thorax's shoulders.

Twilight saw this too and thought, What are they up to?

Her answer was soon revealed when Spike and Applejack started to glow pink and the glow slowly went to the changeling. All three of them slowly floated up making everyone around them gape in astonishment especially the Changeling Queen.

A large burst of love came forth from Thorax then and it bounced all the way to the queen as it threw her back from the sheer force of it. The other changelings were amazed by that.

Slowly Applejack and Spike went back to the ground but Thorax stayed in the air as a shiny cocoon surrounded his entire body but in seconds he emerged from it and he came out different. He was taller now, his coloring was a bright green, he had antlers, and his eyes and wings were purple.

Spike marveled at the change, "Thorax, you look incredible!"

Applejack agreed, "He does."

Spike addressed the other changelings, "It can be like this for you too! If you wish to share love as Thorax had you can choose for yourself and not have to obey the queen's orders anymore!"

The changelings exchanged looks before most if not all of them started to share love and transformed as well into colorful bugs.

The queen was beside herself at seeing her subjects changing. Spike went up to her.

"How…?" she uttered to him, "How did you do it? I took away everything from you, your parents, your home… I scarred you for life."

Spike shook his head, "You may have taken my parents, but I have a new family now and my home has always been with them…" He found Twilight and the girls and they smiled at him. He looked back to Applejack and Thorax and exchanged smiles with them before he turned back to Chrysalis, "You can be the leader your kind deserves…" he extended his claw out as she eyed it. But then she slapped it away.

She hissed, "Someday I will have my revenge!" she powered her horn and teleported away.

They could see her flying away in the distance.

Applejack went to him, "You tried, hon, but not everyone can change their ways…"

Spike faced her with a smile, "You're right… but that doesn't mean I'll stop trying…"

"You wouldn't be the dragon I love if you didn't."

In a swift move he grabbed hold of her and kissed her lips! She was surprise by the impact but gave in as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Then they heard an 'aw' sound. They turned to see their friends giving out smirks but Twilight was gawking.

The alicorn said, "Okay, I know this will sound naïve but would someone please tell me how you two ended up together?!"

Laughter went around.