• Published 12th Jun 2017
  • 2,606 Views, 61 Comments

Kung Fu Dragon 2 - CartoonNerd12



The sequel to Kung Fu Dragon. Where things get tense for our Dragon Warrior!

  • ...
4
 61
 2,606

Chapter 9

Author's Note:

Surprise! I know a lot of you were waiting for this update, so as a celebration of me being halfway through my finals and as an early Christmas present, here it is! Also, we are so close to the ending so hang in there!

Spike laid unconscious in the snow looking battered and bruised. The blowing cold wind blew around him. He wasn't alone for long as a cloaked figure approached him and began to put up a tent around him.

In moments, Spike found himself waking up next to a warm fire with the zebra mixing up something. He hoarsely asked her, "Where… where am I?"

Zecora replied, "I found you in the snow, oh cold one, and I had to set up a tent around you to keep you a warm dragon." She offered him a drink to which he eyed suspiciously making her chuckle, "It is not poison, if that's what you're concerned about…though my unfortunate association with the queen I can well do without… Besides, if I wanted your life to cease, I would have left you out in the cold to freeze…"

Spike took the drink and gulped it down before he realized it tasted awful and made a belch sound then he asked, "So why save me?"

"You must complete your purpose or there will be great destruction and loss…"

Spike sighed, "What's the point? I don't have the strength to defeat her anyway… And to top it off, I was a disgrace to my parents since they abandoned me in this world."

Zecora inquired, "Is this something new the Changeling Queen told you?"

He nodded somberly.

Zecora then took out a clear bottle with a white liquid inside it, "You have been deceived most greatly as a way to derail you from your destiny. This potion will help reveal the truth about your past so you can have peace of mind at last."

Spike was intrigued, "It will?"

She nodded, "With just one sip, you will see your one true identity…"

He slowly took the potion from her, eying it for a bit before he stood up and with one gulp the potion went down his throat and for a moment nothing seem to happen until his eyes started glowing white and he soon found himself in a city full of ponies but there were also dragons!

He gapped at what he was seeing there was an actual community full of dragons just like him! He saw a sign above the area, it read: Dragon Town.

He could see the dragons and ponies getting along very well making him smile. But that happiness was short-lived when he saw a black cloud overcastting the city only it wasn't a black cloud… it was the changelings invading!

"No!" he ended shouting out as he helplessly watched changelings attacking the dragons!

The queen made her appearance as she ordered, "Get them! Get them all!"

There were screams filling the air as Spike saw ponies running away but was pleasantly surprised that most of them would try to help their dragon friends. But at a heavy cost…

It was mayhem, absolute mayhem.

Then Spike heard a male dragon shouting, "Hurry! Take our egg and get out of here!"

He turned to see a dark figure running away but there were changelings going after it! His intuition was telling him to follow after them. He did.

As he ran he still couldn't see what the figure looked like but saw that it was breathing fire at them, getting at least a few of the changelings away. Spike soon found himself on the outskirts of the city where the sky was completely overcastted and rain was pouring. He saw the figure had ran into a dark cave and quickly followed after. The cave was still too dark to see the figure but he heard a voice, a female voice.

"We'll be safe here my little one…" The female then sang a lullaby that made Spike's eyes well with tears until there was a buzzing sound coming from outside the cave.

The female stopped singing and uttered, "I can't let them find you here…" Spike could hear her voice was breaking, "No matter what happens, my little egg, I shall always love you…" there was a kissing sound then the figure ran out of the cave in a blur.

Spike waited for the female to come back, but she never did… There was a flash of white light and Spike could tell time had pass given it was sunny outside the cave and Spike could hear two familiar voices coming toward it.

"A tragedy, dear sister…" said Luna's sadden voice.

Celestia's own stricken tone replied, "Yes, sister, I know… and I am utterly devastated by the events…"

"I knew the Changeling Queen was cruel, but I never thought…"

"So did I, Sister…"

The alicorn sisters entered into the cave with Luna commenting, "The dragon tracks end here, Sister. Do you think there was a survivor?"

"I pray that it is so, Luna."

They began to scour the cave until Celestia shouted, "Luna! Over here!"

Both Spike and Luna saw the sun princess magically holding a purple-spotted egg.

Luna started to rejoice until she frowned, "But where is it's parents?"

Celestia suggested, "We'll keep looking around the cave but if we cannot find them then we must assume…"

Luna somberly nodded.

Another white flash occurred and this time Spike was in Canterlot with the alicorn sisters as they were walking down a street at twilight with Luna scowling and protesting.

"Sister! We cannot let this egg stay with such an irresponsible being! He won't know how to take care of the dragon when it hatches!"

Celestia calmly replied, "All will be alright, Luna… I have seen the future and not only will the egg be in good hands but the dragon that shall be born from the egg shall have an incredible destiny that awaits him. Besides, this will finally help Discord to realize that there's more to life then chaos."

She magically lifted up a basket with the egg inside as she approached the doorstep of the joke shop and gently set it down.

Luna stated, "I must go now to lower the moon." she flapped her wings up and flew off.

Celestia then raised the sun, waiting for a bit before she knocked on the door. She could hear the draconequus shouting from inside, "We're closed! Come back in an hour!" She rolled her eyes then knocked again, hearing him growling and coming to the door, she flapped to a nearby alleyway watching as Discord opened the door, "I told you to come back-" he stopped when there was no one there but when he looked down he saw a basket with a purple egg that had dark purple spots in it.

He picked up the egg and examined it, "Hmm… how very odd… Someone has left me a dragon's egg. The question is why…?" he looked around and saw no pony else anywhere and put the egg back in its basket and stated, "Well, someone is going to have to come back for it because I'm certainly not going to take care of it…"

Celestia humphed and muttered, "I knew you were going to say that…" lighting up her horn she shot a warm beam at the egg breaking it apart, revealing a tiny baby dragon yawning then it began to suck its tail. Discord was beside himself by the sudden development and grumbled as he picked up the dragon.

"Fine, I'll bring you inside for today, but tomorrow, you're going straight to the orphanage."

The baby cooed and reached for his beard to play with it.

"Hey, hey! Claws off the beard!"

Tears welled in the baby's eyes and he started to wail. That made Discord winced at the sound. "Okay, okay, okay! Calm down!" he quickly rocked the babe but he ended up rocking him too much as it caused the dragon to burp a large amount of fire making Discord's face charcoaled. The baby giggled.

Discord eyed him for a bit before he slowly smirked. "Uh, well, aren't you the little scamp…?"

While the baby Spike cooed in agreement, the adult Spike was in utter astonishment by the whole thing. Especially since it was Celestia who hatched him in first place just so he could get adopted by his dad. Then when Discord took baby Spike inside, Celestia came out from her hiding place, smirking.

"I knew he wouldn't be able to resist. Trickster or not, that draconequus has a soft spot in his heart."

Spike ended up smirking too knowing firsthand how true that statement was as memories of his life went through his head recalling all the good times he had with his dad.

Another flash happen and he found himself in the stadium the day he was chosen as Dragon Warrior. The events played on for him, finally seeing the Elements' acts that he had missed while trying to get in. Then from the moment he showed up in a ball of fire he saw how Twilight saved him and landed softly in front of Applejack.

That's when it hit him. There was a spark from that first meeting as he watched his younger self lock gazes with the tough but gentle earth pony. He remembered the warm bubbly sensation he kept having around her afterwards.

Another flash, and he saw his confrontation with Trixie and how he saved Equestria by befriending her.

Suddenly he found himself back in the tent with Zecora looking on.

He uttered out, "They didn't abandon me…"

The zebra shook her head and solemnly said, "I must confess my deepest shame. If there is anyone responsible, I am to blame…I foretold to the Changeling Queen that among the ponies, there would be a dragon that would ensure that her threat would be gone. And because of what I assumed was pure fact, she committed a most heinous act…" she hung her head, "I am so sorry…There is no reason to forgive me."

Spike shook her head, "No, if anyone is at fault here," he scowled, "It's Chrysalis."

Zecora looked up with a sad smile, "Your beginning may have tragedy, but what about the rest of your story? All the things you have done in your life with your friendly nature define who you are, so tell me: who are you, kind and noble creature?"

He gave a determined look and stated, "I am Spike. Equestria's Dragon Warrior. Best friend to Princess Twilight and the Elements of Harmony. And Discord's son."

Zecora nodded in content.

"Thank you for saving me and for showing me the truth. Now I need to find a way to save my friends."

"Alas, I have no potion, it seems, to send you back to stop the Queen's scheme."

"I thought as much, so I need to come up with a good plan." he started to ponder on it but nothing was coming to him until suddenly he heard someone calling his name and looked outside the tent…


Chrysalis was smirking at her captives as they were in chains and in front of the crystal castle for all to see. Her minions were grinning while the crystal ponies were scared and depressed at seeing their only hope for freedom diminishing.

The queen said to the hostages, "Aw… such sad faces… But don't worry, I will remedy that soon enough…" She turned to her subjects and the ponies, "As the Dragon Warrior is now officially dead nothing shall stand in my way now! Equestria will be mine at last!"

The changelings cheered on.

The Elements exchanged worried looks except for Applejack who looked like a zombie with her blank stare and kept her head down.

Pinkie whispered, "Come on, guys, we cannot give up hope! Spike would want us to remain strong. Right…? Applejack?"

But the cowgirl stayed silent and emotionless.

Rarity shook her head, sadly saying, "You know she hasn't spoken since it happened."

Fluttershy quietly added, "It's like when an animal loses their mate…"

Rainbow miserably shook her head and pointed, "At least she was able to kiss him before it was too late."

Pinkie muttered, "Too soon, Dashie… too soon…"

Fluttershy and Rarity nodded until something caught Rarity's eye and gaped in astonishment. She slowly pointed it out to the other three who were also stunned by what they were seeing: a dragon standing on top of a crystal building rooftop.

Rarity uttered out, "Spike?"

"Spike?" the trio repeated.

Chrysalis heard them and saw their gawking looks and turned to where they were looking only for fear to spread throughout her body as she voiced, "Impossible…"