• Published 18th Jun 2017
  • 755 Views, 6 Comments

Half-Hoof: Black Forest - Alfoals Trottenbauer



Black Forest, a place Ace knew, or thought he did, collapses on him.

  • ...
 6
 755

I - Inbound

Ace hurried over to the station as the tram slowed to a stop on the rail. The door opened and he trotted in. It was his first day and he was already late. A stallion wearing the uniform the science team was required to wear stood in the tram. A pair of glasses rested on his snout. His nametag read 'G. Freemane'.

"Good morning. Looks like we're both thirty minutes late." Ace tried to start a conversation.

The stallion said nothing, only stared at him.

"...Okay then, not much of a talker, I guess." Ace remarked as he turned away awkwardly.

The tram dragged on in the quiet, colossal complex. Ace frequently glanced at his pasternwatch, checking the time. As the tram went, it droned on about warnings and procedures. The tram approached a gigantic door, motors sounded in the door as the six foot thick sheets of steel opened sluggishly. Ace was taken by surprise at the size of the doors.

"What could they possibly be for?" Ace thought to himself.

A rail lowered itself over the gap from the doors. The tram carried on the rail moved over the path of the metal.

Below the two in their dwarfed box of cheap metal on an electrified rail was a giant puddle of green glowing toxic waste. A large, bulky robot used for heavy lifting walked through it as if it were but a small puddle of rain. Science team ponies sat across from the rail at a fast food outlet labelled 'SOLAR SALADS'. The facility was so large that it actually needed restaurants, else the ponies working there would probably starve. The tram stopped a second time as a few science team members and a security guard trotted over a receding bridge for crossing the rail system. Ace heard some conversation about the outlet from overhead. They finally passed by, the bridge receded into a slot in the concrete and the tram moved on.

After a few minutes, the tram slowed to a stop, at their destination. A security guard trotted over and opened the door of the tram.

"You two are running late, thirty-five minutes to be exact. You should hurry up there." He remarked.

"Doctor Freemane, Doctor Sparks, report to the Sector C Anomalous materials lab." The PA system announced.