• Published 12th Jun 2017
  • 920 Views, 1 Comments

Her Shine - darkstone57



Darcy Flin and Sunset Shimmer have been friends for a while now. But, as graduation comes closer day by day, he decides it's time to make it something more.

  • ...
3
 1
 920

Her Shine

Author's Note:

Have this, cheesy, unrealistic, rushed, moronic, crappy, one-shot as a treat for how rubbish I am at this.

Thank you and good night!

Her Shine
by
darkstone57

It’s time.

I turn the corner of the street, tension gripping my psyche as I take natural strides toward the school.

I made this decision last night and I will not change my mind.

Name’s Darcy Flin. I’m a student here at Canterlot High. I’m a size taller than most students, grey skin, emerald eyes, short blonde hair, and a blonde petit goatee on my chin. I’m wearing a black parka with a Rob Zombie t-shirt underneath, black jeans and black trainers; your everyday loveable dark rocker in the back of the school.

With the schoolbag over my shoulder, red skull candy headphones over my ears connected to my phone in pocket, blasting out the shredding greatness that is Avenged Sevenfold, one look at me and you can see that people would class me with certain stereotypes.

I’m here early at the school and barely a soul to be seen. Don’t know why, I’ve always preferred to show up before the others did.

I push through the doors of the entrance to be greeted with the sight of Janitor Discord heading in the opposite direction; I held the door for him as he happily took his leave not before we gave each other a nod.

I’ve always liked him ever since I came here. He always had his own way of going about things and didn’t care otherwise.

I’ve let go of the door and already walked down the halls toward my locker, my head nodding in rhythm with the Rob Zombie song.

“Never gonna stop me, never gonna stop.” I mumble the lyrics as I make my way round the corner and to-

Oh, crap!

I’ve stopped and pulled back out of sight because she’s already here! Sunset is here!

I stop my music and pull my headphones down to hang round my neck. My heart is racing right now! This is not the plan! I was supposed to leave her a note and surprise her after school and confess it all! Crapbaskets!

Ok, ok, deep breath, there’s still a chance this can work for you. She knows you, you know her, you don’t go for the big daring things all the time but you both play it straight when it matters. No one’s around, it will just be you and her, time is of the essence here, go for it!

With a controlled step, I walk round the corner and try to be as casual as I can as I walk to my locker that’s four spaces away from hers and the beautiful girl in front of it.

Guess it’s always been like that when it comes to Sunset, even before we spoke more than ten words to each other, I’ve always found her attractive. That fiery hair, those diamonds of her eyes, that demonically sexy figure, that stunning dress and cool coat just somehow compile together to make such a shining beauty.

And now I’ve just realised I’ve been gawking at her since I made my way over to her.

She hasn’t noticed, has she? Oh, thank god, she hasn’t. Just keep it casual.

Wish I could’ve had that mindset before slamming my face into my locker door. Man that hurt.

“You ok there, Darcy?” Sunset’s concerned voice rings through my ears.

Target beauty is showing concern towards you, act natural.

“Yeah,” I say strained as I rub my nose, “Wasn’t paying attention.” I look at her and my heart skips a beat as I see her smile at me. Damn you, Sunset. When did you acquire the powers to become even more beautiful?

“Mind somewhere else, again?” Sunset asks me casually. Losing myself in thoughts has always been a problem for me.

“Whole other world.” I reply with a chuckle. She’s turning back to look in her locker, get the ball rolling Darcy.

“You’re here early.” I comment with honest surprise which gets Sunset to look back at me.

“Yeah, just thought I’d get here before the girls for once.” Sunset replies nonchalantly. Good, good, Darcy. Keep it up.

“Any reason why or just felt like it?”

Sunset shrugs, “Impulse, I guess.”

I reply with an accepting ‘huh’ and turn back to my locker, opening it. Deep breath, dude, this is your chance to get this right.

I close the door to my locker after putting the stuff I don’t need in there and after a moment, I turn to her.

“Graduations coming up, huh?” I ask casually.

“Yeah,” Sunset nods slowly with a warm smile, “Can’t believe it’s happening so quickly.”

“Tell me about it,” I comment, putting my hands in my pockets, “Get’s you thinking, though, doesn’t it?” I ask out loud. That’s it, nice and easy, bring the conversation around.

“About what?” Sunset asks me curiously, eyebrow rising as she wonders where I am going.

“Just about... Um...” I put a hand behind my head and break eye contact. I can feel the heat rise in my cheeks. Don’t steer off course, you’ll crash!

I look back at Sunset who’s looking more confused at what I’m getting at. GET BACK ON THE COURSE, YOU IDIOT!

“About; where things will go and what people will do with themselves after it’s over.” I state to her the thoughts of it all. Good man, now don’t trip again.

“Oh.” Sunset replies with a nod. “Well, I know one thing’s for sure.”

Careful now, “What’s that?” I ask her for the answer.

“You and I and everyone else would be leaving this place with happy memories.” Sunset proclaims with a smile, her hands confidently placed on her hips. Ok, this is dangerous territory, Darcy, don’t screw it up.

“Yeah, that’s true,” I reply with a happy nod, “But, maybe,” I stop as the words leave my mouth, Sunset looking at me as I speak with her eyebrow raised again. Careful now...

“’Maybe’, what?” Sunset tilts her head curiously, prompting me on.

“Maybe we could leave here with even happier memories.” I suggest the option to her to which she smiles at the idea. Easy, Darcy...

“Oh, yeah?” Sunset replies, a little excited, “How do you suggest we do that?”

“Well,” I begin with a smile, “They say you should leave all your regrets behind, right?”

“Right...?” Sunset asks, unsure of where I am going. Take your time.

“Well, I know for sure that I would be leaving this place with at least one regret if I don’t do something.” I bring my honesty about the situation at hand as I close the gap between us and I look at her with a straight face. What are you doing?

“You’ve lost me,” Sunset admits, shaking her head before asking me with a curious face, “Don’t something about what?”

“This.” Without a second thought, I gently place my hands on her cheeks and bring our lips together. This is Mission Control to Darcy; WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?!

The kiss lasts longer than it should as I pull away from her and see she is absolutely stunned by what I did. Warning! Warning!

She hasn’t said a word. I relieve my hands from her face and step back. “I...” Is all I can say in this situation, she’s gone red. MAYDAY! MAYDAY! EMERGENCY CRASH LANDING IMMINENT!

“Sunset?”

Nothing in response, she merely places her fingers on lips, processing it all.

“You like me?” Sunset asks me with genuine surprise.

“More than you know.” I reply, smiling earnestly. Mission Control, this is Darcy; I’ve only got one shot here.

“How long?”

"Since before I even said; ‘Hi’” I respond without missing a beat.

She’s not saying a thing, she’s starting to cry? This is Mission Control; you better make this work or you’re fucked, you hear!?!

“Sunset,” I begin my confession, “I..-“

Was all I could get in before I realised she’s launched herself at me and now I’m on the floor, my parka softening the landing, with her on top of me with a joyous smile and before I could blink, she’s locked lips with me and kissing me passionately. Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

Darcy, this is Mission Control; Get in there, you moron! Mission Control, this is Darcy; with pleasure!

Our tongues wrestle with each other vigorously as I wrap my arms around here, my fingers running through her fiery hair as we moan into each other’s mouths’. We squeezed each other and held tight as we made out in the middle of the hallway.

What just happened may felt like an eternity but god damn it, it was amazing. Our mouths separate and she raises her head to look down at me with a look of pure happiness. Did I mention she’s beautiful? Not sure if I have.

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.” Sunset confessed to me.

Nothing can describe how happy I am right now. You could throw me in a cheesy musical for all I care, I’m too happy to give a shit.

“Ahem.” A voice was aimed at us; we both looked up to see all of Sunset’s friends looking at us with a mix of shock, wonder and happiness.

“Girls,” Sunset addressed them happily, “this is Darcy,”

I looked at her in the eyes and she said aloud, looking at me with an earnest smile, “My boyfriend.”

Mission Control; this is Darcy... Mission Complete... I am now, officially, the happiest and luckiest guy in the world.

The End

Comments ( 1 )

This was great!! I really enjoyed it :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment