• Published 9th Jun 2017
  • 616 Views, 6 Comments

Escape From Canterlot - No one is home



A young changeling and a disgraced circus freak search for answers in the aftermath of social upheaval.

  • ...
 6
 616

Unexpected Tidings - The Blind Goat, Usagi, Moonbeam

Salutations,

Deadlift, you haven’t left Ponyville yet. I trust you realize that’s not a question. Nor is it an indictment. You will remain in Ponyville exactly as long as you should, and you shall not leave a moment sooner or later than this. I trust your judgement in this matter exclusively.

My cards have revealed an impending reunion of old friends. The Wayward Squire and the Maiden of Puzzles. I have not seen these particular cards in play since the unfortunate business in Canterlot, they were a rare element of light in that affair. Your young changeling ward, in particular will be happy by this turn of events, I am utterly confident.

Additionally, while you are in Ponyville, you should read a new book.

Sincerely,

Tarotius William Solitaire

-=-=-=-=-

Dearest James,

I haven’t heard from you in days. Goddammit, I hate Equestrian communication. Rrgh, I’d trade my scales for a damned email. We made it to Las Pegasus. It looks like the biggest Chucky Cheese you’ve ever seen. It’s gonna annoy the hell out of you when you get here.

I miss you, James. I understand why you’re doing this… I really do. We owe the Pastels literally everything, and you know I love little Z more than anyone, and there is a real debt there… and I know how you feel about paying debts. But I still miss you.

Just… help that girl find her sister and come back to us… come back to me.

Love,

Allyssa “Usagi” Manuel

-=-=-=-=-

Mom,

Yeah… I’m not running away. So don’t send the guards or nuthin’. I cleaned up as many of your trackers as I could find, so don’t panic when it takes you a few minutes to figure out where I am. I’m… going through some things. That’s all.

I love you, and I’m not running away, but I need to find my own answers. The things that happened in the invasion, well, they happened, alright? And it was rough on me. It was rough all around. I grew up in Decanter, and all of Rock and Miss Shade Fire’s political hooey aside, those were my ponies it happened to. And I trust Princess Luna. Nightmare in the moon, but I can’t explain to you what it’s like for a bat like me to have Princess Luna tell me that she wants to be my granddame… I trust her and I know that whatever happened with Diane that nopony wants to tell me…

I need answers. And I’m not gonna get them sitting up here on the hill. I know I couldn’t have got all your tracking wards, mom. So I’m going to tell you now, I’m going to Ponyville. I asked around the guards who hang out at the Belfry, and they say that freaky-big earth pony was headed there with Diane’s sister on their way to Baltimare. If anypony knows what really happened in the invasion who’ll tell me straight, it’s Z.

I know better than to tell you not to worry, and I know better than to think your not gonna follow me. I disabled the trackers to buy me some space. That’s all I’m asking, mom. Just give me some space and let me find my answers. I love you, and I promise I’ll be as careful as I can.

Love,

Moonbeam Watch

Author's Note:

Yay! Updates! :pinkiehappy:

It appears Deadlift and Z have been delayed in Ponyville for a bit. This surprises the Blind Goat not at all, but seems to have annoyed Usagi the dragon pony quite a bit. Don't neglect your waifu, Deadlift! :unsuresweetie:

A wild Moonbeam appears! David may be through with the Silververse for the moment, but he's letting me borough some of his OC's. Moonbeam's a scrappy little bastard, and he's set out to find the dirty waifu thief what done run off with Diane. :pinkiecrazy: