• Published 25th Feb 2018
  • 3,371 Views, 49 Comments

Mechanical Monstrosity or True Hero? - The Winged Merchant



I don't know my purpose in this new world. But I do know one thing, I must defend this world from a threat nobody... er... noPONY has ever faced or seen before. Even if I'm on the run from the monarchy itself in this world. So, not a good situation.

  • ...
3
 49
 3,371

(X-Over) A Mechanical Melee

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy this. This was an X-Over by me and DisplacedWriter on a fic that may or may not get off the ground, we don't know yet. I hope you enjoyed. This fight was done in the 3rd person for the sake of simplicity.

All music belongs to their respective owners. I hope you enjoy.

Clara had just finished finding her third Chaos Emerald as she made her way back to the old castle. She had put her emeralds into her hammerspace, how she learned is a mystery.

Meanwhile a red shard formed in the sky and flew towards the ground nearly hitting her in the process.

She bent down and examined it with curiosity. It clearly wasn’t an emerald or a ruby. Thank every Sonic deity, she didn’t want have to deal with an Infinite or something like that.

As the robot examined it again, a voice entered into her mind, although in the same binary only she and most computers would understand.

"Registration: Gorbyc. Token name: Broken Shard. Time Created: 5/12 Year Unknown. Message: I require data on the topic > Multiverse. Summon me so I may learn, only the strongest will earn my trust."

She then thought about it for a minute before nodding to herself and prepared to summon this displaced.

Clara then attempted to summon this “Gorbyc.” and challenge them in a 1 on 1 combat. There was a large spark that burst from the ground. As the energy clear as quickly as it appeared, a new person now stood from her. He looked like a blue skinned human with some marks on his left shoulder forehead. Around his neck and mouth was a red banana while his hair was blond yet spiky and standing up. He was wearing a sleeveless suit combined with dark aqua blue pants that were being held up by two brown leather belts. He wore blue and white boots with white wraps around his ankles. His right arm was different than the rest of his robo, mostly blue and grey, but there was some sort of spiked eye symbol, the arm was mostly robotic in nature with only his hands being normal.

The Gizoid watched in awe as she then said, “So you must be Gorbyc? Well nice to meet you, my name is Clara, but you can call me Emerl if you so wish.”

“Name: Now registered in database. It is nice to meet you, Clara.” Gorbyc said as he dusted himself off from the sudden trip to get here. “Battle required to further the truth.”

The Gizoid then got into Shadow’s battle pose and said “Let’s go then. May the better bot or cyborg win.”

“I will prove my design is more superior. “ The Cyborg said as he threw his fist into the palm of his hand before leaping back. He stretched his arm out and aimed at the Gizoid.

The smaller robot then rushed to the side before her hands turned into boxing gloves as she rushed and prepared to land a blow on the cyborg.

Just as she was rushing at him, his fist detached from his arm and suddenly skyrocket straight out her.

She was momentary shocked before being hit. She then smirked as she stopped herself from flying back before boosting towards him and landing a flurry of weak punches. The Cyborg raises his fists in a boxer like fashion to take on the blocks, he threw out a right hook once he found a opening.

She then had wide eyes before blocking the attack. She then jumped away as her boxing gloves vanished and she now had an arm cannon on her hand. She then aimed it before firing an electric projectile towards him.

The blonde haired blue skinned man was struck by the energy ball, causing some tears in his clothes, before he got up and jumped high up and then landed on the other side of the Gizoid. Suddenly, red tendrils flared up around him before flying at her, however the flow rushed became difficult to see. Before she knew what happened, her body took on a red glow of its own, but she didn’t feel pain nor saw any damage to her, all it did was leave her confused.

She then asked “What did you do to me?” She then continued to examine her red glowing body, confused at what effects it causes.

The cyborg didn’t answer except with a flying drop kick straight at the Gizoid. Sending her flying before she hit a tree. She then got up and muttered “Alright, time for an experiment.” She then took out one of the Emeralds and shouted “Chaos Control!”

Time around her turned negative colors as time froze, allowing her to catch her nonexistent breath before rushing somewhere before time resumed as the cyborg found her gone from where she landed, almost like she teleported.

“Strange combination of tech. Unable to determine color.” Gorbyc said as he stared for a few seconds. He held out a stretched out as dark and purple energy started to gather. If the Gizoid could detect anything, it would be a weak pull in the gravity all around the ball that was gathering.

She meanwhile was in the air high above, charging a Chaos Spear. She then threw the spear at the cyborg as she fell towards the ground. When he unleashed his ball of gravity, her Chaos Spear was swallowed up whole, now it was flying straight at her quickly.

She quickly used Sonic’s speed to run away from it. Because he managed to outrun a black hole, she managed to get away from the attack before sidestepping to get away from the attacks line of fire. Landing her deep in the forest from her foe as she ran back.

The android then rushed forwards before throwing a fake gold ring followed by her homing attacking towards it. Hitting her cybernetic foe’s head in the process. Causing some in it.

Using the momentum caused by her attack, he backflips and somersaults several feet away. He made a quick made dash in a attempt to knee her in the stomach followed by a chop.

She jumped high into the air to avoid the dash before back flipping and vanishing, she then reappeared on the ground as she generates a large pink energy sphere around her like a barrier.

The cyborg quickly handed his hand as light blue energy started to gather, but it quickly shot out a thin piercing laser of water at her.

The water struck and she was hurt by it gravely. “What the Iblis!?” She shouted in pain. This broke her left lens As she asked “What was that? There was no way water could do that much damage to me normally.” She still had yet to realize that this was the red glows doing. She then got up and tried to heal herself as a green ring spun around her body as she began to recover her Health. Slowly fixing her eye.

Grobyc pressed on the attack as he quickly charge up another Aqua Beam to fire at her, the attack was a quick as she was trying to recover. She barely had enough health to survive such an attack. Opening a nasty wound through her body. She then got back up and began to try and try to use Chaos Control again. Almost managing to fail when another beam was only a mere inch from her when time froze. Using this time to avoid and heal herself, almost managing to get back up to over half when time resumed as she was still healing. Fixing her eye entirely and partly sealing her new wound.

Grobyc punched his palm as blue tendrils rose up, he was using an attack similar than before, the rush of blue energy turning transparent as it rushed at her.

“Not this time!” She shouted as she began to maneuver around the attacks as best as she could, almost getting hit a few times in the process. She managed to get close enough as she snapped her fingers and a small rock with tiny eyes and legs appeared and began to run at Grobyc.

The cyborg raised his right arm to guard against it, but made no effort to dodge the attack. When the rock got close, it detonated like the bomb it really was. Catching him off guard. This caused some of the arm to break, along with causing his human arm to be destroyed.

She then rushed behind him and landed a mighty axe kick on him in the back. Grobyc repeated his tactic again, blocking her attack. He remained having his arm raised as if daring the Gizoid to attack him again.

The Gizoid looked and though before she flew back and got into a DBZ Charging pose, only with no aura and no gain in energy. Suddenly a large rock began to fly at him from the air towards him, which was quickly followed by 3 more. She then continued to charge until she began to flash white.

Grobyc allowed the rocks to hit him full force. Something seemed off though, he allowed the attacks to hit him with no effort to dodge them… The answer was revealed when lowered his arm and slammed a fist into the ground. A swirl of water surrounded him form as a small amount of the damaged inflicted had been healed or repair depending on what was flesh and what was metal. “Thanks for the kinetic energy.” He said as red energy rushed through his body, energy started to glow very close to Emerl’s location, then grew in size yet not harming her, all it was causing was the temperature to quickly raise up. Suddenly, a fiery explosion erupted from the center of its glow.

She then looked a bit surprised and shouted “What the heck is going on here!” in amazement as she stared in awe, but she shook the shock from her before trying to avoid the fire, she was hit by its power yet strangely, she wasn’t harmed as hard as she was expecting. After a minute she then shook her head and got serious when she then said “Well it doesn’t matter how much HP you recover. I got all I need now to win this fight!” She then rushed at him before performing a spin dash at rushing at his legs.

Grobyc cartwheeled to the side to avoid the attack. He then stood there with arms crossed. “I believe there is something wrong with your programming when you fail to notice how my Tech works.”

She then stopped for a moment when she got out her spin dash ”What do you mean by that exactly?” Her head tilting to the side in confusion.

“When you hit me, it allows me to build up kinetic energy, the heavier the amount, the stronger the level that’ll allow me to access.” He explained to the Gizoid. He then raised a hand. “Conclusion: We would be at a stalemate due to us healing when given the chance.”

She then said “At first glance, yes you’d be right. But about that ‘kinetic energy’ thing….” She started as she then said “I have something quite similar. I take it that you’ve no doubt noticing my white flashing?”

“Yes.” Grobyc said simply as he studied the flashing coming from Clara.

The ancient robot crossed her arms, “Well over the course of this brawl, I have been charging up as I took damage, recovered HP, and even defending your attacks. My Ichikoro Gauge has now been filled enough for me next special attack to be fatal, sound somewhat familiar yet?” She asked. If she had a mouth right now, it would be in a confident smirk.

“...Very well then..” Grobyc said with no emotion in his voice, he reaches over to his mechanical arm and with a few rotations, he removes it and tosses it to the side. Something flies out from out of the forest. It looked rather alien-like appearance, the end of the canon ending in a metal twirl.

Clara then looks over her shoulder in curiosity. But then looked back, “What’s with the cannon?” she asked.

“If it's going to be fatal, I might as well try use my strongest as well.” The cyborg said as the canon attacked itself to his shoulder. Bright purple energy started to gather at its tip as he moved his arm to aim at Clara.

Clara’s eyes would have widened in shock if they could. She then prepared herself as she tried to keep her cool as she got into a pose not unlike that of a runner preparing to race. “Well you’re gonna have to overpower me first.” She said.

“Trust me, I won’t be pissing.” He said as red energy glowed around him and into his eyes. “But I will give you much credit if you manage to find the 1%!” He said before unleashing a thick blast of energy from his canon.

She then said “Never thought I'd have to use these, but this case seems special.” Her eyes then began to glow red as well as she turned into her Ultimate Emerl form. She then rushed as the blast as she began to glow as a large aura appeared around her as she began to boost at full speed.

The Gizoid then collided into the blast head on. As they were now at a standstill with the blast and boost both refusing to lose ground.

The cyborgs eyes went wide as Clara was tanking the hit like it was nothing, with only some of her paint being slowly peeled off, he decided to input more dark energy into his canon. He didn’t want to accept that something survive his secret weapon, even his dead creators claimed something could stop it.

Likewise, the Gizoid did the same as well, even slowly overpowering it as she let more of her energy flood out.

The extra charge in his attack was beginning to wane out his strength, warning lights were flashing in his vision as the percentage went lower and lower. At the last three seconds, he cut off the power and leaped out of the way, although having quite a rough tumble and crashing into the nearest tree.

Clara then turned and went in for the final blow as she began to slow down and put all the Ichikoro Gauge's energy she had into her one fist as she punched him with a mighty explosion, leaving him barely holding on to life. The Gizoid then collapsed onto the ground, completely worn out from their battle, “If I was still human, I think every bone in my body would be broken. Good fight.” she managed to get out, although it was a bit distorted from the damage she took over the battle that she had yet to heal, her eyes meanwhile, were slowly turning back to their familiar blue.

The cyborg made no comment as he was forced to put his mind into sleep mode


2 Hours later…

He blinks his eyes in minor surprise that he was still in one piece. “100% power efficiency. Checking for damage… Minor damage found.” He said as he got up. “...But one error found.. What was I thinking of using a Red tech when her body was Red?” he said to himself.

“Well it didn’t matter what color I was anyway, I still would’ve outlasted that blast anyway.” A familiar female voice said, snapping him out of his thoughts. He turned and saw Clara sitting there with a book in her hands and the female Gizoid said, “At least you’re awake now. You’d be surprised how well Chaos energy works as a charger.” She then closed the book.

At the moment of Chaos energy, he does a quick scan of his power source, only to see multiple colors of tech flowing through his body, he does a deeper scan of it but finds no harm in them.

She then said, “Don’t worry, Chaos energy is just the pure energy that comes from the Chaos Emeralds, filled with positive and negative energy, I simply used the positive to charge you like your average smartphone. Anyway, like I said before you fell asleep, good fight. I hope we get to battle once more someday.”

“...Assuming the royal two aren’t too paranoid about our conflict and spar. Please tell me though, how were you able to control time? I only saw Black and Yellow tech combined along with other things I cannot describe.” He asked as he got up. He detached his canon-arm then reattached his original arm. The weapon flews up and vanishes into the forest, although never to be found despite where it went.

“Ah, you mean Chaos Control. Chaos Control is an ability that allows the user to manipulate or warp the fabric of space and time using a Chaos Emerald's Chaos energy, and its effects can be molded into affecting reality in a multitude of manners. One of them just so happens to be stopping time itself. Also about Luna and Cake-lestia, I’ll talk to Luna tonight about it. Me and Sunbutt aren’t on good terms at the moment. Not after all that she did to me, but that’s a story for another time.” She explained.

“Ah, then I can’t replicate it even if I tried without your energy.” Gorbyc said as he continues to analyze the energy, but any combination he tried in his mind wouldn’t work.

“Nope. Not unless you had at least one of the Chaos Emeralds” She said, taking out one for show. “I mean you can keep trying to find a combination of those colors that you used.” She said shrugging.

“None of the techs would work and I sense a lot of it is Black, but not enough to freeze time without breaking anything in my body.” The cyborg said as he scanned his surroundings. “We did quite a number here...”

Clara then looked out the window and saw the battleground and all the destruction they caused. “Nah, this seems kinda light compared to all the destruction that the stronger villains of this world could cause.”

“Those emeralds you speak of? How many are there and if possible, could I have one?” The cyborg asked.

“Ah, there are seven total. I’m sorry, but I can’t give you one, the cost is too high as, when all seven are brought together, you can become an invincible fighter. I mean, if this was the Sonic Archie comics before they made it only seven, with a ton of green Chaos Emeralds, Then I honestly wouldn’t mind. But sadly, there are only seven and I can’t.” She explained.

“Shame, it would of very helpful for me and the war we’re trying to win.” Grobyc said with disappointment in his voice.

She then looked up and said “Speaking of reaping the fruits of our battle. I at least have gained a few new attacks thanks to my copy ability I can now use you’re Rocket Fist, Strong Arm, Aqua Beam, Turn Red, Turn Blue, Inferno, Cure, and Gravity Blow.” She then demonstrated when a mustard yellow colored version of his cannon flew in from the window and landed on her shoulder. Before firing the blast out the window to demonstrate.

“You.. replicated my weapon?” Gorbyc said impressed. "That's quite the Tech.”

“This ‘tech’ is the entire point of Emerl. The real Emerl from Sonic had the uncanny ability to copy any move he’d seen after one demonstration. All the moves I displayed in our fight are moves I cannot call my own. I can also replicate the tech needed to use it, like that Arm Cannon I used early on. I also can use them differently in a much more creative manner if I so wished. Anyway, I can’t copy moves when I being attacked by two foes at once.” The Gizoid explained. A memory flashed in her head of Emerl’s defeat in the Sonic X anime to Cream and Cheese double team attacks.

“So you’re able to copy anything regardless of the size and complications?” Gorbyc asked with interest.

“Pretty much, other than that double team weakness I have yet to see any move in Sonic that Emerl can’t copy.”

“I would ask you more, but my database is limited since the day I woke up with no memory.” The half-robot said as he let out a somewhat electrical sigh.

Upon hearing the words “I woke up with no memory.” She sighed with him. “Alright Shadow, well do you wanna go back now or later?” She asked jokingly at the nickname.

“..My name is Gorbyc, not Shadow. “ Gorbyc said with minor confusion in his voice.

She rolled her eyes, “I know, I was being joking because a Sonic character also loses his memory. So many times he suffers from amnesia. His name is Shadow.” She explained.

“It's not a good joke since it wasn’t my choice to be this..” Gorbyc said as he waved his cyborg arm and gestured toward his body.

“Same for me too. Anyway, you didn’t answer my question. You wanna stay in my world for a few more hours, or go back to your own right now?” The android girl asked.

“Send me back for now. But I can always come back.” The cyborg said with a smile. Although it was hidden behind his bandana.

“I’ll be waiting. Who knows, maybe I can help out with the war you mentioned. We’d be a strong duo together. Then maybe we can even have a round 2.” She said. “So… how do I send you back?” She asked. She then pulled out the red shard from earlier.

The cyborg reached over and looked like he was pressing invisible buttons. “Stand back a bit.” he warned. Clara nodded and jumped back as she watched the events play out. Like before, a bolt of energy shot from under him and he was gone from sight.

The Emerl displaced then sighed before she went back to her book, making a mental note to make a token of her own later. But then remembered that she still had 4 more emeralds to track down and obtain. But first, she'd have to get herself a paint job. She had lost some paint during the blast Perhaps she could ask Rarity for help, assuming she doesn't kick her out for the battle she and Celestia had yesterday.