• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 840 Views, 5 Comments

My Little Hunter - shooting star hunter



When his village is destroyed, Star Hunter returns to it with the hope of finding what was lost.

  • ...
 5
 840

Side Chapter: Monster In The Garden

Blueblood

My entrance into the garden was nothing short of uncomfortable. The eyes of many “important” ponies were on me, apparently waiting for something. That something happened very quickly. The sky darkened and flames from the pits of Tartarus lept up around me. Everypony but me was unfazed by this, likely because there were no flames.

My veins ran cold and I could feel an even darker shadow loom over me.

Her.

“Attention everypony. It seems my son, Prince Blueblood, has finally deemed us worthy of his presence.” Everybody laughed. I, of course, forced a smile. Not doing so would worsen my current predicament.

I decided to keep my mouth shut until she was finished, then came the formalities of everypony that wanted to shake my hoof.

“Hello again~ Yes, of course I remember you~ No, I have not given more consideration to marrying your daughter.” That last one is the most common one I receive. You get used to it when you are the closest thing to being related to Princess Celestia. That's why I hate being me.

Finally the waves of ponies halted and I let out a sigh. Then she cleared her throat and my world crumbled. Again. I turned and faced my mother, who, for all intents and purposes, might as well have been the bringer of eternal night.

“You throw wonderful.... uh.... get togethers mother.” I said, trying to ease the creature before me.

“I do, don't I? I just wish my son would an effort to attend them.” She make glared at me. “I mean really Blueblood. You are nobility, you need to grow up!" Those words echoed through my mind. "That means not 'skipping out' on social duties! Do I really have to assign a guard to you at all times?” She continued talking while I mulled over what she had just said.

The thought of a guard with me at all times was horrifying.

Oh, I really don't want to do this.

“You're right.” I said.

“-and don't think I'll forget-” She stopped talking. “What?”

The hardest thing for me to do is swallowing my pride, and that's what I had to do. “You're....... you're right.” She looked at me expectantly. I made a mental note to hit something later. “I need to take my royal duties more seriously. I apologize for being late and will do my best to fix this.” I searched for the word that would appease her. “Problem.”

Oh Blueblood, that hurts. Shut up, I'm helping you.

Her face turned into a wicked grin. “As long as you understand.” She turned to walk away, then stopped and looked back. “I'm still thinking about putting a guard by your side 24/7, so you're not off the hook yet.”

Close enough.

Author's Note:

I'm no good at comedy and this was just a little practice. It does help shed a little light on this Blueblood though, so I guess thanks for reading.