• Published 4th Jun 2017
  • 1,073 Views, 35 Comments

Showy Chaos - HeartfireFirebrand



Trixie returns to Ponyville with less than a stellar reception to say the leats forntunately a certain chaotic creature is more than willing to help

  • ...
14
 35
 1,073

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7 : Remnant

I said “Okay I didn’t explain this but it may help, darkness is not just about anger it’s about control and direction. It also can be fuelled by other emotions sorrow, grief and pain. Anger is general the easiest to start with as we tend to have a lot of it.”

I watched as Rarity began to focus when she started to glow, I knew what this was, it was a Remnant power. I shouted “Rarity stop!” Rarity stopped and collapsed to the floor, when she woke an hour later. I asked “Are you okay?’

Rarity cried “No, I began hearing the voices again. I hate the voices.”

I asked “What voices?”

Rarity said trying to hold back tears “The Nightmare, I became a monster and hurt my friends, what if it comes back?”

I said “I will teach you how to control it, it is called remnant. It wields tremendous power and is a a mark left by the use of incredible dark power. Those who master there remnant can wield power greater than even the creature that left it.”

Rarity screamed “I want the voices to stop, they hurt so much.”

I pulled her into a hug “Rarity, cry it out. I will help you get rid of the voice, but you will have to trust me.”

Rarity cried into my coat I thought (Damn the Nightmare, to think it had caused all this harm. I will need to help her overcome this.) I smiled as she fell sleep, as much as I would have to lay next to such a beautiful mare. He heard a knock at the door, he opened it to see Derpy.

I asked “Are you ready to speak to the mayor?”

Derpy replied “Yes, I am.”

I smiled “Good, let’s go.” Derpy and I arrived at the Mayor’s office, we trotted in.

A pony at the reception asked “May inquire as to why you two are here?”

I said “We are to discuss the quality of the Cloudsdale Mail Service branch here in Ponyville.”

The receptionist asked “Is there a problem?”

I said firmly “Derpy here is being treated unfairly because she has a disability and that needs to rectified. If one case is ignored it makes it easier to ignore others.”

The receptionist said “Very well, you can meet with here in an hour, she is free then.”

Derpy asked “What do you mean disabled?”

I said “You eyes, that is a medical condition that obviously can’t be treated and hampers your lifestyle, that means you struggle with task others can do easily. I am hoping you are given extra care to make sure your eyes don’t hamper your work.”

Derpy cried “But I don’t want others to see me as different.”

I smiled “We are all different, that’s makes us important. We are an individual we bring something special, we are not expendable.”

Derpy smiled “Thanks you Sombra, the stories about you are wrong.”

I laughed “Oh I was a horrible king, I think what I am trying to do is to make amends for my mistakes, at first it was out of duty to those who bested me but the longer I spend here the happier I feel like I can bare the darkness better.”

Derpy smiled “Well I’m glad our little town is helping you.”

The receptionist said “The Mayor is ready to speak with you.”

We nodded and entered the mare office, She said “Sombra, I’m Mayor Mare and you were here to speak about Derpy correct.”

I said “Yes, Derpy's eyes cause her to be treated unfairly and I believe this is something that needs to be corrected.”

Mayor Mare said “I will speak with the Cloudsdale Mail Service and see what I can do, I have had few incidents in the past, I will see to it that it gets done.”

Derpy asked “Is there anyway to make my job easier due to my condition?’

Mayor Mare said “What would help would be high levels of flight training, I will pull some strings to get you trained properly so you can fly better.”

I said “Thanks for you time.”

Mayor Mare said “No, thank you for your time. I seek to improve ponies lives, I’m glad you brought this to my attention.”

Derpy smiled as we left “Thanks Sombra, you have been a big help.”

I arrived back at Rarity’s place. Rarity asked “Where did you go?”

I smiled “I had to help Derpy with some issues, how has your day been?”

Rarity said “Good, I did get a few orders done and did some practise with my magic but I would like you to assist me.”

I said “I will as I promised.”

Rarity said “Anyway, I have a spa trip with Fluttershy and you could use it. Besides it will help you two get along. Maybe we should star getting you to interact with my friends at some point, especially Twilight.”

At that moment Twilight barged in, I felt a huge burst of magic from Discord’s home, we need to check it out.”

Author's Note:

A Chapter resolving some things and setting up some others.

PreviousChapters Next