• Published 4th Jun 2017
  • 1,079 Views, 35 Comments

Showy Chaos - HeartfireFirebrand



Trixie returns to Ponyville with less than a stellar reception to say the leats forntunately a certain chaotic creature is more than willing to help

  • ...
14
 35
 1,079

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: First Lesson

I watched as our former enemy was reading through a book. I asked “Sombra, why are we in the Everfree?”

Sombra replied “I don’t want to scare the ponies in the town. Anyway the first step to using dark magic is simple, find the hatred, the anger and focus on it.” I frowned but followed through with what he said. I started to shudder I felt the darkness trying to control me. I screamed as the hatred started to consume my mind, then I felt a small green glow and the pain eased.

I said “That did hurt, I have many dresses to make and instead I’m stuck here.” I shake my head.

Sombra said “It’s not easy but what you will need to do next is to focus it on a target.” I watch as he levitates 3 sticks, he said “Okay, use your anger and then focus it on these sticks.” I let the power in again and then tried to direct it towards the sticks. I managed to hit one with a small beam of energy, then I felt sick and all went black.

I woke in my bed, I struggled to move. I heard Sombra say “Not bad, I’m impressed.”

I asked as I lay there “I failed in knocking the sticks down, why are you impressed?”

He said “Rarity, this is not a simple thing. Even with my advanced knowledge of dark magic, I am not a master of it. This takes many millennia to master and I’ve only had 1 millennia, you being able to produce anything while trying to control it is amazing. You look quite tired, I’ll take you to bed.”

I smiled at the statement before I collapsed to the ground. I woke up in a field of flowers, the location is beautiful. The sun is shining brightly over the flowers causing them to glow gold. The ground shifted and I was in Ponyville but there was something wrong. The ponies were in chains, I looked around to see the fear in their eyes and the worst part is it felt good. I laughed loudly as I trotted to the Golden Oaks library. I arrived and saw my five friends staring at me. I said with a venom in my voice, “You are all mine now. I am your leader your god and you will all bow.” I pushed Twilight’s head to the ground as I took her crown.

I heard a loud roar, I step out only to see 2 Alicorns in full battle armour. I laughed “Celestia, Luna you two dare to try and stop me.” I summon dark crystals all around me. I lift my dark blade in my magic and charge, I tear into Celestia leaving her lying a bloody pool on the ground.Luna growled at me, I glowed my red horn and whispered “Come to me, my Nightmare serve your master.” I watched as the Luna screamed but to to no avail as she transformed into Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon bowed “My master, what is you command?”

I laughed “Shroud the world in eternal night and bring Equis to my hooves.” I laughed as everything fell into place.

I woke up shivering only to see Sombra lying on the floor, he must have carried me to bed, I smiled at the thought. I pushed myself to my hooves and trotted down the stairs, trying not to wake him. I got myself a glass of milk and sat there, that nightmare was horrifying, I was the tyrant the monster and yet I enjoyed it. I slammed my head into my desk before looking at all that I had made. I see dresses that I had to finish and I just didn’t care. It stung me deep I screamed “What is happening, why am I like this?! Is this what I am now a monster?!”

I heard a sleepy voice behind me “You’re not a monster, just a troubled soul. Don’t you worry, I will help.” I turned around to see Sombra yawning as he got himself his own milk.

I said “I’m sorry I woke you. I was just stressed out.” I looked down at my hooves nervously.

Sombra replied sombrely “I know you pain, you had a nightmare about being a powerful tyrant. You made all your friends into your slaves and subjects.”

I asked shocked “How do you know that?”

He replied “I have been there, it was the thing I struggled with the most after I was given a second chance. I still get it sometimes but I have come to terms with it, that was the old me.”

I frowned as asked “What should I do? I don’t know if can keep this up.”

He replied calmly “Take it a hoof at a time, try not to think of the bigger picture. The sooner you can control it and let it become normal the pain will lessen.”

I asked “Um, could you lie with me tonight. I’m scared, really scared.” He smiled and nodded as he smiled with his toothy grin. I shuddered slightly at that, I wonder if I’ll ever get used to that.

He swept me up in his hooves and carried me up to my bed. I closed my eyes, I have to admit his fur is warm. A voice shouted in my head (Why are not attacking him, he tried to kill all your friends, why don’t you hate him?!)

I shouted back at the voice (He is making the effort to change and I am no better, what I did was horrible, so shut it!)

He laid me in the bed and I smiled as I felt his warmth. I felt safer against my own darkness. I fell asleep, hoping only sweet dreams awaited me.

Author's Note:

What I hope this is a nice fluff chapter.

PreviousChapters Next