• Published 4th Jun 2017
  • 1,079 Views, 35 Comments

Showy Chaos - HeartfireFirebrand



Trixie returns to Ponyville with less than a stellar reception to say the leats forntunately a certain chaotic creature is more than willing to help

  • ...
14
 35
 1,079

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Dinner

I smiled as I wake, I look to the table near me. I try to glow my horn to grab my favorite hat. I felt a sharp pain in my horn in response. I try to push myself out of my bed only to fall off the bed and land on my side. I cried out “Help me, somepony, anypony!”



I hear the crackling of magic as I look up to see Discord stand above me, he picks me up and asked me with a huge grin “What are you doing out of your bed?” I pointed a hoof to my hat as I rubbed the back of my head. I felt something soft land on my head as he clicked his claws. I reach up only to feel my hat, I smile wider than I have in quite a while.



I look up at him, only to notice that despite his odd appearance I feel welcome, safe. I look into his eyes closely and I see something, regret, a feeling I knew all too well. I asked “Are you alright?”



He shook his head smiling “I'm fine, nothing is wrong, I am completely fine, he softly places me on my bed and summons a glass of chocolate milk.”



I said concerned “You don’t have to hide from me, I have been there before. Please let me hear why you are like this.”



Discord sat down and said “I betrayed all I knew, I turned on my friends because the opportunity for power was there and I seized it, teaming up with Tirek to rule all of Equestria. I hurt all of them so much, I am feared beyond all measure, not just for my past but my present actions.”



I said “Discord, I have been there. I sought to oppose Twilight in every way to become more powerful. I made the wrong decision and almost destroyed Ponyville with my actions, I even declared war on Celestia.”



Discord cried “It’s not the same, it was not an amulet that made me do it. I made the choice!”



He looked down at his claws for some time. I got sick of watching him, I shouted “Discord, I understand it hurts, maybe I was controlled by an artifact but I made the choice to use it, I should’ve known better. The two of us have let our arrogance blind us and make us do things, we didn’t want to do. We can change that image of ourselves, together.”



Discord said smiling “Thank you would you join me for dinner, my lady?” He gave my forehoof a light kiss. I blushed and nodded, I watched his face light up. He said “Oh, I must get ready, I have never had a dinner guest before.”



I said “I don’t mind what you do, just remember you’re the Lord of Chaos. I expect it to be as chaotic as you are” I watched him blush slightly before looking away, I smiled at him, there that is what you get for making me blush. Then a thought hit me that made my smile drop, did I just flirt with the Lord Of Chaos, am I falling for him? I blushed profusely trying to hide the thought of it but it kept coming back like an irritating itch.



I lay there in my bed for hours. I am arguing with myself, “You are the Great and Powerful Trixie, this feeling of infatuation is just a phase you’ll get over it and soon you will be where you deserve to be on top of the world!”



I shouted “Yeah and that worked so well, I am weak and a loser. I couldn’t win with my own ability, I’m nothing but a fraud.” I blink at myself as I realise what has been holding me back, the part of me that left cold and alone. I shouted “You are the part of me I have never been able to get rid of. I let you grip me so tight to protect me from hurt and pain. From my parents, from my peers, no more I face this world as myself. You are my stage persona, my mask but you are not me, you are just a shield.”



I watched as my other side vanishes. I smiled as I felt the weight lift off my shoulders, no longer bound by my own image. I smiled knowing I can show my true self off for the first time in years. Discord, you have showed me a new path, a path where I can be my true self.



I notice the time and then I wonder how I am going to attend dinner when I can’t stand. I hear crackle of magic then I am lifted into the air. I found myself in Discord’s arms again. I blushed, looking at his toothy grin. He said mockingly “Oh blushing, are we? Hahaha, I am flattered, It must be my chaotic charm.” I giggled slightly at that.



I still don’t know what to make of this feeling but I know with time I will get clarity on the issue as I spend more time with him. I look a little closer and I see something behind those eyes, a small sadness hidden behind all the chaos and glee, not like before, this was old like a wound that never healed.



I felt a slight shift as he laid me down in a tall chair, I grabbed my hat as I realised we were upside down. He laughed “You said chaotic right, this is only the start.” He clicked his fingers and singing teapots entered the room. I laughed at the teapots as they sung songs and poured tea into our cups.



I asked him with concern “Are you okay?”



He shook his head and smiled as he spoke “I’m fine, I am glad for the company, I haven’t had somepony in my home since....” I watch as tears drop from his eyes.



I asked “What’s wrong tell me the truth, I want to help you as you have helped me.” He simply shook his head at me. I said annoyed at his stubbornness “Fine, then I will tell you about my past first then! I watched him stare at me. I said “It was years back, the thing that caused the most of my problems was the fact I was the first Unicorn in a long line of Earth ponies.”



He asked me “How does that work? It makes no sense.”



I responded “I haven’t had the full truth but my best bet is this once was all ponies were Earth ponies and the other races came from them. Thus sometimes a child of an earth pony will be a unicorn or pegasi without any being in their family, besides what fun is there in making sense.”



Discord said as he laughed “That’s my line!”



I smirked at him “I know.”



He calmed down a little bit and asked as he drank some of his tea “Could you please continue?”



I said “Well, my parents were very traditional Earth ponies, they told me magic was bad and I shouldn't use it. I did as they asked yet despite this, they never truly respected me. It all came to a halt when a unicorn turned up and performed magic he even called me up to the stage and allowed me to assist, I felt fulfilled for the first time in my life. He had shown me the power of magic and I started learning in secret. Things all went wrong when I got my cutie mark, the sign that I had magic talent angered them so greatly, they kicked me off the farm without a second thought.”



Discord looked at me with horror and anger in his eyes. He shouted “Who would do such a thing to their own child and I thought I was cruel, at least I would protect my own kids, if I had any.”



I asked “Discord, how about you tell me what’s troubling you?”



He sighed “Fine, just let me get the food ready.” I levitated the tea to my lips, it was surprisingly good. I watched as plates of food, from hay fries to high class cakes covered the table. I smiled seeing how far the Draconequus would go.



I gorged myself realising just how hungry I was. I grabbed several hay sandwiches and levitated them onto my plate. I also put a large amount of hayfries on the side. I shoved my muzzle into the food, ignoring all decorum. I haven’t eaten this good in years. I looked up to see the Draconequus he said with a smile “Wow, Trixie you must have been really hungry.” I smiled sheepishly at him.



He said “My issues came from Celestia, we were good friends for many a year until one day, I went a little too far with my chaos powers, I accidentally hurt Luna with a spell. I was seen as a threat by Celestia, she told me to never set foot in Equestria, I tried to explain myself but she didn’t want any of it. I sat there on my own for many years until the isolation slowly drove me mad. I eventually snapped and you know the stories right?” I nodded as he looked at me.



I said “Thanks for sharing that with me.”



He shook his head “It was only fair you shared part of your past with me, I should do the same.” I smiled as grabbed as much food and put it on my plate with my magic then gobbled it all up. He smiled as he said “I think you and I have had a good meal but it’s getting late." I looked out the window to see the moon shining in the sky. I then felt myself lifted in the air. I look up to see the Discord carrying me to my room, I smiled with a slight blush before exhaustion took hold and I fell asleep.

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoy the chapter please inform me of any edits I should make.

PreviousChapters Next