• Published 4th Jun 2017
  • 1,073 Views, 35 Comments

Showy Chaos - HeartfireFirebrand



Trixie returns to Ponyville with less than a stellar reception to say the leats forntunately a certain chaotic creature is more than willing to help

  • ...
14
 35
 1,073

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 33: Temporal Mystery

I was trotting next to Discord with a smile, for the last six months we have been gaining the trust of the ponies of Ponyville. The children love us, I shouted as I waved “Hi Bon Bon, hi Lyra.”

They both waved back “Hi Trixie Hi Discord, you both going to attend Pinkie Pie’s surprise party next week.”

Discord smiled at them “Of course no one misses a Pinkie Pie party.” I then felt something coming from Twilight’s Castle, I instantly cast a shield spell around me and Discord. I watched as Lyra and Bon Bon vanished as the environment shifted, huge factories spouting out smoke as guards ran through the streets. Discord scowled “That was temporal energy.”

I gasped “Somepony changed time!”

Discord nodded “Yes and it had to be a major event too which makes it even worse.”

I groaned “Okay we need to find somepony who can tell us something. The Apples probably know something as the cornerstone ponies in Ponyville.”

I teleported us to Sweet Apple Acres to see giant factories manufacturing weapons. I blinked “Look it’s Applejack.”

Discord blinked as he saw Twilight we galloped over with Spike on her back, he frowned “Twilight what’s happening?”

Twilight growled “Starlight Glimmer, the mare who stole our Cutie Marks but with some help me and my friends stopped her, she then went back in time to stop us from ever getting them and becoming the Elements of Harmony.”

I blinked “Um what are the Elements of Harmony?” Just as Discord was about to respond, Discord and I were violently jerked away from Twilight and Spike.

I turned around to see a crystal tree with had 6 glowing orbs in front of it. Discord frowned “Why are we here?”

The tree glowed “I am here to give you two a gift.” The stones shattered revealing 6 glowing gems, I screamed as I felt three of the gems fly into my body, their energies tearing through my flesh, I writhed on the ground for what felt like hours.

I opened my eyes and shouted “What was that for?!”

The tree said “I gave you the Elements of Harmony.”

Discord frowned “You really have a poor sense of humour, yet again as the Tree of Harmony you never got a joke.”

The tree replied “It’s not joke, I am giving the elements. Also my name is Glow.”

I scowled “Why did we deserve this?”

Glow dimmed “The Elements of Harmony are not for masters of Harmony but to guide seekers of harmony until they are ready to wield the power on their own. You two have a few sparks of Harmony in you but it will take time to bloom, the elements are there to help you on that journey.”

Discord frowned “What do we do now?”

Glow said “Well which of the beings your friends beat is here.”

I frowned “This is a all out war so Sombra I’d guess.”

Discord nodded “Well we have to purify his mind or banish him if necessary.” We nodded to Glow and took off flying northward.

I frowned as I saw Celestia standing over a desolate wasteland with hundreds of the Royal Guards rushing forward fighting what appeared to be heavily armoured soldiers. I frowned “We should land.”

Discord said “Agreed we will need to inform this version of Celestia of our plans.”

We landed next to the Princess, Discord coughed, Celestia turned around and shouted “Discord, how did you escape?!”

I frowned “Now is not the time for this, we have a war to end.”

Discord nodded “She’s right where’s Sombra?”

Celestia scowled “Why should I trust either of you?”

I rolled my eyes “Because we are the ones who aren’t sending an army at you?”

Celestia scowled “Fine but I expect an explanation after this Discord!” She then pointed to a hill in the distance“He’s over there.”

I smiled “Well let’s see if these work.” We both nodded and focused on drawing the elements out, I opened my eyes as I felt those as strong sensation in me and 3 elements flew out my body, Celestia gasped as the elements flew out of us. I frowned “How do we get these to work?”

Discord turned to the hill which Sombra was standing on “By Kindness.” I blinked as the Kindness shifted into the shape of a pink butterfly.

I blinked as words came to me “By Loyalty.” Loyalty shifted into the shape red lightning bolt.

Discord continued “By Generosity.” Generosity morphed into a purple diamond shape.

I nodded “By Honesty.” Honesty morphed into the shape of an orange apple.

Discord finished “By Magic.” Magic glowed changing into a purple star.

I finished “By Laughter.” Laughter glowed changing into the shape of a blue balloon. We shouted together “By Harmony!” I felt energy course through me as the elements spun around us. I felt energy tear out of me and all went black.

I woke with a groan, I looked around to see we were in Canterlot Castle Infirmary, ponies were running around tending to wounded ponies. I heard Discord’s voice “Where are we?”

A nurse ran up to us “You’re awake, Princess Celestia wishes to speak with you immediately.”

I asked “Are they in the throne room?” The nurse nodded, I turned to Discord who was grinning, I waved my hoof and teleported us into the throne room.

Celestia was sitting there with Sombra on the other side of the table. Celestia frowned “You’re here, sit down we need to discuss how you two got here?”

Discord frowned “We’re from an alternate timeline that has been modified by a time traveller.”

Celestia sighed “That does explain why your statue is still there but it doesn't explain why you two can use the elements.”

I said “The Tree of Harmony explained that the elements are there to help us learn more about friendship and it’s place within Harmony, once we get there we will be able to call on the power at will.”

Sombra frowned “That makes sense.”

I felt temporal energy, me and Discord sighed “It seems time is changing again, we have to go now.” I felt the energy flow over us and we were standing in the throne room of Canterlot Castle surrounding by black bug like creatures with holes in their legs.

Author's Note:

This is my take for this story on how the elements work.

PreviousChapters Next