• Published 2nd Jun 2017
  • 4,645 Views, 54 Comments

The Knight - TheStoveHater



A 16th Century Knight wanders the old Everfree Castle, until he doesn't.

  • ...
2
 54
 4,645

And the Start of Another

I think I preferred walking in a giant circle... I muttered, as we leaned against the wall near the front door of the decrepit castle. Silence! We hath a been given a decree of the highest order! We shalt convey an aura of strength and intimidation! Something we are incapable of with thou blathering!" My other half hissed. I swear a Timberwolf has more humor.

Even so we stood up a little straighter, just to add to the intimidation factor we pulled Our sword from its sheath and held it pointing downwards, its point not an inch from the stone. "Excellent! Our Queen shalt be most pleased! Now quiet! We must remain vigilant or we shall fail in our duties." He muttered, with a silent, having no mouth with which to exhale, sigh, We cast Our senses out, searching for any signs of life that matched Our Queen's...


After ten minutes I had concluded standing guard was one of the most soul wrenching exercise in futility in existence. Now and then a four legged creature or a bird would pass by, but for the most part no giant sapient floating blobs of smoke and stars. Which reminded me... Are you sure that's what she meant by Pony? With a almost silent groan our body slumped forward, digging the point of our sword into the ground. "Acquiesce man! Our Queen said a pony is exactly as she appeared! Therefore a pony shalt be a large cloud made of stars!" He rubbed the front of our helm, before sighing and standing upright once more. "Art thou finished with thine inept blathering?" I started muttering to myself again, well, that's really all I do... Something still feels wrong about this... I could have sworn a Pony had legs... but how many...? Two...? No wait! Three! Two in the front and one in the back!

____________________________

It had been days upon days of soul wrenching torture! Of moral crushing solitude! And other equally painful horrors! My mind screamed out in agony of the pain, my body ached to be free from my constraints! My very being wept tears from the sadness and the pain! I wailed. "Oh be QUIET! It has been less than an two HOURS!" Alas! I had to resort to talking to myself! How much farther into the depth of insanity must I fall before I am released from this world!? I cried to the heavens. "How Our Queen saw fit to keep thy half of Our mind alive I shall never know. Thou should have been discarded like day old refuse. Now cease thy blathering!" My other half muttered before I gave my elegant response. But I'm booooooooorreeeddd! Oh! Here's an idea! Give me my memories back and I'll stop! I'll be too busy looking through them to bother you! Without missing a beat my other half responded. "Thou art a fool if thee thinks I shall fall for such a simple trick. Our Queen has pressed into us the need to keep thyself corralled and under control! Thou represent all that We hate in this world! A lack of respect! No loyalty! No maturity! Thou art a failure and a knave! Thou shalt never take mine memories!" Hey now that's not very nice, I am too loyal! I haven't left your side in what? A hundred years? I said with a suppressed laugh, which really just makes me sound silly since its hard to tell when a suit of armor is laughing to begin with. Over. A. Thousand. I have been stuck with thy incompetent self for over a THOUSAND YEARS." Really? That long? Huh I hadn't thought it'd bee- "Quiet fool! Something approaches!" Falling silent we both stared out across the canyon and into the forest. We could neither hear nor see anything with our normal senses, but in my minds eye I could just make out a large blob of... Something our Mind's Sight worked like a seeing eye glass, , but you could only see the outline of an object, living things appear like black silhouettes on a grey background, non living things just fade away.

The thing heading towards the castle was most certainly living, a larger blob with a single smaller blob hovering above it. As the blob drew closer however the floating one became more like a bird, so it was manually faded out, the one on the ground however seemed to pulse and writhe, with multiple limbs poking out and waving around randomly.

"How queer... Could this be a pony? Our Queen's signature was much more... Defined, but surely these art but peasants, clearly inferior in both shape and strength to Our Queen... But why does it travel by land rather than take to the sky?" My other self muttered as he readied our sword, watching the blob move closer and closer... Finally we could hear the rustling and stomping of... I don't think that is a pony... I whispered as the 'blob' stepped out of the forest. Tilting Our head to the side a little and lowering Our sword, We moved back to the gate. "Hmmm... Thou seem to be correct... These creatures must be wildlife... We shall let them pass, mayhaps they shall serve as a snack for Our Quee...n...?" He trailed off, understandably, as there, on the opposite side of the canyon to these creatures, stood our Queen. Well, parts of our Queen. She had split part of herself into three separate parts, each one in the shape of a similar creature to the floating blob we had dismissed before. We could still tell it was her due to being bound to her of course, any form she takes we know it to be her, as long as our enchantments aren't practically falling apart, like when she returned.

"How queer... Clearly they art supporters of Our Queen! Otherwise she shan't have let them pass." Hard to argue with that logic. So across the now bridged gap they went, and we waited.

Before us, walking, or more accurately, clopping, their way down towards the gate was a large group of... Well we aren't sure, they were four legged, with long necks and curved muzzles. The closest thing we could compare them to were Timberwolves... But made of flesh and fur... With shorter muzzles... And feet encased in strange solid shoes... And taller... Actually they weren't anything like Timberwolves besides the four legs, although something in the back of our minds told us they looked familiar...

As they approached my other self exhaled sharply, apparently he had remembered something. "Horses! Those creatures art equines! Doth thou remember?" He hissed at me, fidgeting ever so slightly before freezing. The creature's ears swiveled in our direction, apparently they had heard my other half whispering. Oh certainly! I managed to break past a magical mental block, the one that just got a nice recharge by the way, that hasn't broken in the hundreds, oh sorry, a thousand, years we've been together and reach into your memories! I snarked, trying to roll my visor again.

"Did y'all hear somethin? Coulda sworn ah heard, somepony whisperin..." One of the taller horses said, she was a dark orange with...

A hat? Why does that one have a hat? Unable to respond my other half simply sent me negative vibes, making me chuckle.

"Don't be silly AppleJack! No Pony is whispering!" This horse was pink, that's it. Pink. That would be the best, no, the ONLY way to describe it. It seemed to quiet literally vibrate with energy, one second it would be bouncing in place. Then another second it would freeze and stare off into space for such a brief moment that I almost didn't believe she had done it. I could even have sworn at one point she had looked right at us... And that shouldn't have been possible, not moving, Our body blended into any environment!

"O-oh dear... I-I hope it i-isn't m-mean..." This creature was different than the first two, having wings, and it was so quiet the only reason we even heard it was because of the recharge Our Queen had given us, recharging our enchantments for our senses among other things. In fact I wasn't even sure the others of it's group had even heard it. Clearly there as an offering for Our Queen.

"Yeah? Well we can take it! Whatever is in there is goin down!" This one we'd forgotten about, as it was the one blob we had decided to ignore. Now? It was impossible to miss! Blue with multicolored hair, it was difficult not to stare. This was CLEARLY the leader of this group! Bright, multi hued hair, clearly to draw attention away from her comrades, and brash forward attitude that spoke of a deep confidence.

The rest of the creatures were rather unremarkable, clearly they were either pages or simple attendants. Hmmm... That white one is much to invested in her looks to be a simple attendant... A offering for her Harem maybe?

No sooner had the six creatures moved inside and closed the door had my other half slapped the side of our head with a gauntlet, creating a loud ringing sound throughout our body. "Fool! Clearly a seamstress! How dare thee have such thoughts about Our Queen!" He growled. Why doesn't that ever effect you! Why am I the only one who gets a headache from that! I whined, wanting to clutch at my helmet. "Because fool, We art prepared! Whilst thou are an undisciplined lout!" This went on for several minutes, primarily me whining and him complaining about what a whiner I was.

________________________________________

Ten minutes later and we were back to what we had been doing, which is to say we were doing nothing. At all. When suddenly! I cried and...! Nothing happened. I said, WHEN SUDDE-! I was rudely interrupted by my other half threatening violence upon my person. "Quiet! I shall bang Our weapon upon Our head if thee-" And He was rudely interrupted by a flash of light that teleported us to another part of the castle. Oh look! It's those creatures we let in! Hello again!

"FOOL! I TOLD THEE TO REFUSE ENTRANCE TO ANY PONY! NOW PROTECT THINE QUEEN!" From behind us came the less than pleased voice of Our monarch.

In response my other half roared in a rage and pulled Our shield from Our back, charging the six, oddly glowing, now floating creatures, which we now understood as Ponies, we made it roughly two steps forward before being engulfed in a overwhelming rainbow light, it flooded into Our armor and knocked the sword and shield from our grip with ease. For some reason I felt fine, my other half? Not so much. "IT BURNS LIKE THE FURY OF A WOMAN SCORNED!" Now whose the baby! This doesn't hurt at all-I spoke too soon! ISPOKETOOSOON! Now it started to burn, it started off gentle, like a small flame just at the tip of your finger, or in this case, toes, but it very quickly started to spread upward. Glancing down I saw Our feet turn from its black obsidian color, to a dull grey, then parts began to flake off and break away in a nasty brownish reddish color, it raced up Our body like a Timberwolf after a rabbit! The last two things that went through my mind as we fell to the cold stone below? Why would a floating blob of gas need a seamstress? and HAH I TOLD YOU A PONY HAD LEGS!

Author's Note:

Chapter Two! Woo! Thanks for all the Feedback!

If you don't like where this is going or want to suggest something, feel free to!

There may be a LOT of typos in this one, don't edit at 4 in the morning kids!