• Published 24th Sep 2017
  • 1,824 Views, 80 Comments

EqG: Hell rider 2 Hell Unleashed - Tunefulsubset72

  • ...
6
 80
 1,824

The west was built on legends

---1911

A man walked into a bar obviously out of town walks into a dusty old saloon and there is only one other man in the bar.

"Mind if I join you?" the city man asked.

"Only if yer willin' ta take a sip," The old man said.

"Why not," the city man said as he sat down."What do you suggest?"

~Sometime later~

"’Sho I was wunderin’ what all interestin' stuff happens in this *hic* town," the city man said with slurred speech.

"You sure you want ta know?" the old man asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah I can *hic* take it," the city man said.

"It's said that the West was built on legends," the old man began. "Tall tales that help us make sense of things too great......or too terrifying to believe." He sipped his drink. "This is the legend of the Ghost Rider; story goes that every generation has one. Some damned soul, cursed to ride the earth, collecting on the devil's deals. Many years ago, a Ghost Rider was sent to the village of San Venganza to fetch a contract worth 1000 evil souls, but that contract was so powerful he knew he could never let the devil get his hands on it. So he did what no Rider has ever done before: He outran the devil himself."

"Wow that's very interest*hic*ing. I forgot to ask what's yer name?" the city man asked as he grew tired.

"Slade. Carter Slade," the old man replied as he walked out.

"Nash too me..." The city man fell to the ground with a thud, passing out.

"It's said that the West was built on legends," the old man thought to himself as he approached his horse. "And that legends are a way of understanding...things greater than ourselves. Forces that shape our lives. Events that defy explanation. Individuals whose lives soar to the heavens...or fall to the earth.."

"This is how legends are born,” he said as he put his hat on as flames engulfed his head and revealed a flaming skull."Trust me, I know."