• Published 1st Jun 2017
  • 589 Views, 1 Comments

Night and Day - Gabushe Shy



When Nightmare Moon was created, Celestia could not defeat with the Elements of Harmony

  • ...
0
 1
 589

Coronation

Night and Day - Chapiter 4
by Gabushe Shy

"It seems that it will just need to work out." said Cadence rolling up her scroll containing her schedule “So… What is on your schedule for today?”



“The first thing after breakfast is meeting with my new captain of the guard. His name is Night Knight. What kind of name is that? By the way - do you know what had happened to Night Strike? I thought he wasn't anywhere near retirement?” I said looking at my scroll and walking down one of the many unbroken hallways of the Everfree Castle.



“Well at least your guard has a name of a noble family. Shining has problems with all the nobles from House Day saying that he should step down and let a real guard to be my captain.” Cadence replied rolling her eyes silently telling me that she has her own thoughts on that matter and joining me in the stroll through the hallways “To answer your second question - Night Strike died in the last battle… And before you ask I prefer and vote for queen.”



“Queen huh? Any particular reason for that notion? Or do you vote for the queen title just because it sounds better?” I challenged her.



“To explain it to your chicken brain-”



“I don't have a chicken brain. I know more spells than you and the whole royal guard combined!”



“It isn’t about knowing something;” Cadence diminished a giggle “it is about using your common sense.” she winked at me “Back to the topic on hoof. I choose the title of queen instead the title of princess because I think that Equestria needs a strong leader - a queen - and not some petty princess,” she explained it to me.



“That makes sense but think about this in from little bit different viewpoint. Three quarters of Equestria population never had queen and the only one that that had didn’t have a queen in centuries.” I opposed “You know what? Let's put this to a side for a moment and think about other important matters we need to discuss. The first one is…”



“...the funeral.” Cadence finished with a heavy sigh “I think we should hold it at dusk to give honor to both princesses. And then we should hold the coronation at dawn so it would be the transition between night and day.” she gave a suggestion.



“Come to think of it, that actually isn't a bad idea. It would reduce the complaints to minimum and that is exactly what we need right now.” I agreed to her idea “There is only one thing left. Queen?”



“Queen.”

---

I sat in my old study that I owned from the first day in this castle. I knew that I should probably move to my mother’s study as soon as possible but the study was something like a sacred place for me.



I heard knocking. “Come in, the door is unlocked.” I called looking up from my paperwork to the pony that entered.



To my surprise the Nocturnal Pony that walked in was dressed in The Night Guard armor. That reminded me - I wanted to redesign the armor a little bit so it would reflect my colors more that the colors of my mother.



“My queen,” he mumbled bowing down “my name is Night Knight and I am your new captain of your guard. Forgive me for being late I was stationed at the city before this promotion.”



“Raise my fellow pony,” I said with a genuine smile. No, not the smile that I learned under the hard tutelage of aunt Celestia. No, this was a smile that I gave not shoved “I don't judge ponies by their appearance I judge them by their work. And from what I saw, your work was exceptional.”



“Thank you my queen,” he slowly rose back to a standing position “if you need anything just call for Night Knight.” he finished slowly walking out of the study and bowing.



After he walked out I just couldn't get back to my paperwork. He was so cute. And fluffy. And cute. Okay I admit it; he was very, very cute?

---

As the day of the funeral came closer and closer, more and more ponies were hosted at The Everfree Castle and on the day of the funeral all of the guest rooms were filled in. I never thought that I would see all the rooms filled. Yet here we were, surrounded by ponies and other species from all over the world came to see this event.



As for me and Cadence? We were sitting on one of the many balconies and were making our own celestial bodies. For you to understand you must be familiar with how alicorn royalty worked.



Since we were ageless only a few alicorns ever got to raise the sun or the moon and for a reason - the celestial bodies were rejecting anypony that was not their creator. That was why every alicorn that ever got to one of the two thrones created its own celestial body and destroyed the previous one.



That was what we were doing. We were creating our own sun and moon.



As the dusk came near I finally threw the last meteor to the moon finishing my pattern of a head of a mare. I got up, nodding at Cadence who had also finished. And we went to the funeral.



The funeral was nothing sort of crazy, it was something you could await from a funeral that was mostly designed by the stuck up nobles that knew next to nothing about having a good time.



During the night a lot of ponies greeted me and tried to get me to marry them or some of their relatives. I really didn't care about them nor was I interested in any of them so I politely declined every single offer. When I got a little bit of free time with Cadence and exchanged the news I gathered that she feels about the same as me in this situation.



As the dawn neared the courtyard became more filled than ever before and I knew that my time was coming. I saw Cadence and we winked at each other. Both I and Cadence started slowly walk to the podium from the previous evening. As the dawn neared I started lowering my mother's moon for the last time.



When the moon slipped under the hills Raven - the royal assistant and a friend to both me and Cadence - walked up to the podium and cleared her throat. All the nobles slowly stopped talking. When they finally stopped talking, Raven put a crown on my and Cadences head and we raised our own celestial bodies. And Raven started talking.



“Fillies and gentlecolts, mares and stallions. We are here today to celebrate for the first time our two new queens. Queen of the sun and day Mi Amore Cadenza and queen of the moon and night Twilight Sparkle”

Author's Note:

Please keep in mind that I am non-native speaker, so I will be glad if you point out any mistakes. :raritystarry:

The comment section isnt there just for fun :raritywink:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment