• Published 1st Jun 2017
  • 588 Views, 1 Comments

Night and Day - Gabushe Shy



When Nightmare Moon was created, Celestia could not defeat with the Elements of Harmony

  • ...
0
 1
 588

Daybreaker

Night and Day - Chapter 2
by Gabushe Shy

"Count Golden Platinum - how could she?" these were the only words that the pink and bigger alicorn said before going back to her somber mood that she has since the two alicorns arrived at the Ascension Dimension.

"That wasn't Golden Platinum..." the purple slightly smaller alicorn countered using her magic to show a close up view of count Golden Platinum "that was..."

---

"...Nightmare Moon." I finished out loud my line of thought. Thinking about what my mind had just conjured up.

I walked out of the armory in my golden looking battle armor. The armor had from the tip of my horn to the back of my hooves leaving only my face, feathered part of my wings and a few other tidbits barren. Even my horn had a guard, just like Luna had few years ago.

The armor was made from the Pegasus Flying Steel that was made - like the name suggested - very light so the pony wearing the armor could easily fly. I personally objected to have this kind of armor, but my ponies didn't listen and instead teamed up with the Nocturnal Ponies or the Noctis of you prefer and made custom battle armor for Luna too. Oh how were those times good.

I walked up to the balcony above the castle gates where was the majority of my army already standing with Captain Shining Armor in front of them. The army consisted out of both Diurnal ponies or Diurnals and Nocturnal Ponies of Noctis. Each kind was dressed in their respective battle armor that slightly differed from their normal armor that they wore in the day to day life. For an untrained eye the differences were almost unspotable but if a soldier's eye looked at it he would notice wing guards, horn guards and much more refined steel.

Looking past my ponies and the ravine that surrounded the castle I saw a faint trail of dust that signaled that the Moon Rebels would be here soon. I silently cast a invisible shield on me and on few other ponies and prepared for meeting the powerful aura of Nightmare Moon.

My and Nightmare Moons auras made an impact. The whole world seemed to shake. I quickly shook of my fear and started scanning the horizon. For a few seconds I saw nothing, but then...

There she is! I quickly flew to her. She seemed quite surprised to see me, I was wondering what she was thinking. From the physical side of things she hadn't changed at all, she still wore the pathetic little armor. We hovered at each others eye level for a few seconds before - after so many months - I raised the red sun. The last thing that I heard was a faint what before the same dark magic that once enveloped Luna now enveloped me.

---

At the Ascension Dimension two alicorns were fighting.

"Twilight, I can't stand this war any more. I am going back to Equestria." the pink alicorn said standing up from the pond.

"Cadence, you are not going alone. Neither I can stand this war. I am going with you!" the purple alicorn countered also standing up from the pond.

"Twilight, I don't want to get you hurt. But if it is you wish then come." Cadence said with a heavy sigh.

And with that the alicorns opened up a portal and emerged on the other side.

---

When the dark magic left me I looked different and I understood Nightmare Moon's desire to destroy me. My coat was pure white, counter to Nightmare Moon's pitch black. My mane was fiery orange again counter to Nightmare Moon's foggy dark blue. And my armor. My armor was simply divine. It was made from yellow and orange iron and very spiky.

While I was looking on my new additions to me I noticed that my body shape also changed a little bit. I did not have a fluffy wings any more nor I had the bat wings that Nightmare Moon and Nocturnal Ponies had - no! I had big wings with each feather shaped like spike. And my cutie mark wasn't plain old sun any more - it was a fiery emblem with sun a little bit similar like Nightmare Moon had.

Me and my sister had quick staring game and when we finally ended the game I looked past Nightmare Moon and saw a portal opening up. Two ponies emerged from it and I instantly recognized both of them - Mi Amore Cadenza and Twilight Sparkle. My daughter and my niece.

Nightmare Moon seemed quite surprised by their appearance so I used the advantage and tried to get them to join me. To my surprise they didn't join me nor Nightmare Moon and instead attacked both of us. I quickly dodged and responded with and attack of my own. To cut them some slack they must have trained because they were much better than when they left so they avoided the beam.

Nightmare Moon looking that the finally shook of her surprise shot of her spell. Cadence and Twilight avoided the beam again and flew of. Nightmare Moon not looking like leaving them flew away to chase them.

That was a grave mistake on her part, a mistake she would pay for. I flew up and started chasing her. But then the two little brats that didn't want to die turned around and I was the ultimate mouse. Since I was very unhappy about this I made a one hundred eighty turn and started chasing them.

Nightmare Moon not wanting to be in the middle of things flew away to hide somewhere. Twilight and Cadence realising that they weren't the mouse any more fired of another set of spells. That wasn't something strange after all this was battle. What really got me was our surroundings.

We no longer were above plain that surrounded The Everfree Castle. No we were somewhere above forests. But when I looked around I saw the castle not so far away. There wasn't any real explanation possible except the fact that the Yggdrasil Deers came. But that didn't make any sense, they said that they would stand on the sidelines.

Whatever I thought. I would care about this later, right now I must destroy Nightmare Moon. I shot of a spell, Nightmare Moon shot of a spell and we were quickly engaged in a tug of war game. What we both failed notice was Twilight and Cadence with The Elements of Harmony. I don't know where they have gotten them but the fact was that Twilight wielded the element of laughter, loyalty and honesty and Cadence the other three.

The impact with The Elements of Harmony wasn't pleasant. I wasn't torn apart by them, I was vaporised and set to the sun with spell that even I, the mighty Daybreaker could not break. And to the worst of all only one thing was in my mind.

“On the 34th of summer 38AD (After Discord) our beloved princesses of day and night died after falling into madness. The new ruler of the day will be Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and the new ruler of the night will be Twilight Sparkle.”

Author's Note:

Please keep in mind that I am non-native speaker, so I will be glad if you point out any mistakes. :raritystarry:

The comment section isnt there just for fun :raritywink: