• Published 1st Jun 2017
  • 588 Views, 1 Comments

Night and Day - Gabushe Shy



When Nightmare Moon was created, Celestia could not defeat with the Elements of Harmony

  • ...
0
 1
 588

The Elements of Harmony

Night and Day - Prologue
by Gabushe Shy

"There can only be one princess in Equestria," I said using Royal Canterlot Voice and walked up to the space between my and my sister's throne "and that princess... Shall be Me!" I finished, my blue eyes flashing with pure arcane power, my hooves in tiny little hoofguards slamming the floor, causing it to break, my dark shadow breaking the stained glass window above me and my magic making the bloody red moon to rise, causing the whole world to darken.

The sun, trying to break free from the solar eclipse send off some beams, but that only helped. Soon, I was enveloped in a swirl of old and dark magic, magic that neither me, nor my sister ever thought of using it. But here I was, greeting it like an old friend, letting it do its horrific, yet magical job.

To say that the transformation was painless would be very, very underestimating. Even if it was only for a second, I regretted my decision to transform into a better, prettier and more powerful me. But in a flash of light, the thoughts were gone. And it was only me, not Luna, not the little, pushover sister that everypony took for granted. No, I was Nightmare Moon, the only ruler of Equestria, the bringer of Eternal Night and the destroyer of Celestia.

'The Tantabi really did a good job' I thought to myself, inspecting my left front hoof. My hoofguards were now much darker blue, not like wintery, cloudy day, but like late summer evening. My coat, on the other hoof was almost pitch black, something like midnight blue. And my mane, my mane was greater than anypony else had. The mane wasn't sky blue bob cut, like I had when I was younger, nor the short wavy mane I had mere seconds ago. No I had smoke like dark blue mane. And don't get me started on my battle armor, it was simply divine.

Even with this greater look, there was something I was missing. Of course, my beloved daughter, my faithful student, my powerful heir, my little angel - Twilight Sparkle, she was missing. But what I was thinking, my beloved daughter was still sound asleep. But when she would wake up and find out what has happened during her slumber, she would join the right side. After all, she was the wisest of us all. And by the time she would wake up, I would have already dealt with my sister Celestia and her spoiled brat Mi Amore Cadenza. While I was at it, I would probably just reduce Cadenza to a lower race, so Twilight won't kill me on first sight.

To test my power, I fired off a beam to ceiling. The beam sliced the ceiling in half, and I was very pleased with my power. When the dust from the fallen ceiling fell, I walked right through it, looking even more regal than I already was, with my dark coat and my divine battle armor. What I hadn't been expecting was my sister hovering under the unbroken part of ceiling. I fired of another beam, but instead of hitting her, the beam hit another part of the ceiling, causing it to fall down and reveal my lovely, never-ending night and my glorious moon.

It was getting very tiresome and frustrating that I was breaking my own throne room in my glorious castle of night. So instead, I stopped firing off beams that were destroying things that didn't deserve it and just stood there, waiting for another of my sister’s villain angering monologues. The one she had made for Sombra was good and Discords was very harmonious.

"Luna, I won't fight you," here comes her monologue "you must lower the moon, it is you duty." she finished, just standing there, doing absolutely nothing. It seems that is my turn, the most powerful, most magnificent and most regal alicorns turn. Very well, the first matter is her calling me Luna. Is she really that dumb to actually call me that, or does is she simply trying - and failing - to provoke me.

"Luna?" I asked, looking at her, trying to figure out if she is just playing with me, or is she really scared "I am Nightmare Moon." Yep, she is most likely scared. "I have but one royal duty," she... is... Scared "and that is" wait for it "to destroy You!" I finished, firing off another deadly beam of magic.

Celestia again avoided the beam and fled through the hole in the ceiling that I made earlier in my attempts to destroy her.

"And where do you think you are going?" I called after her. Thankfully she wasn't dumb enough to actually stop and answer me, that would be her doom and I wanted to play a quick game of cat and mouse.

I flew right up to her, caught and crippled her wings enough that she won't fly with them any time soon, but they will get her to ground safely. I had some other plans with her, that need her alive. The main one being draining her to her breaking point and let her get the Elements of Harmony.

I shot another beam in her way, but my sister was - I must admit it - full of surprises. Not even did she avoided the beam, but even took off to my glorious night sky again. And it seemed that she was trying to raise her petty little sun for her petty little sun loving ponies. My night thestrals on the other hoof were great at anything involving the night.

While I was thinking about all this, Celestia most likely gave up on her unsuccessful attempt of raising the sun, and instead fired another beam at me. I also fired another beam to meet hers and we played quick game of tug of war. I must give my sister some credit, she was always good at these types of games, but I surpassed her ages ago.

When my beam hit Celestia's horn, she gave an ear piercing shriek and fell down through the same hole she fled in the first place. 'How ironic,' I thought, 'her downfall came through the same hole as her uprising.'

Seconds later I heard sound of clapping hooves on a marble floor. Instantly a picture of a pink alicorn with tricolor mane came into my mind. Of course she would find out when something happened to her mother, me and Twilight had a similar bond.

The moment she entered the room and seeing her precious mother laying down, not showing any signs of life and me, the glorious princess of everlasting night, standing above her, she opened up her wings and charged her horn.

"What did you do to my mother, you monster?!" she cried out, getting ready for a spell. I also charged my horn, running mental checklist of what I already did and what I needed to do. The top thing right now was to encase Cadence in stone or crystal, so I can deal with her later.

The moment I fired of my spell, she fired of hers too. I didn't recognize her spell, but mine was stronger. The first time I saw somepony being turned to stone was great, but this time it was even better.

Celestia, finally realizing that I can't be defeated with pure power, finally took out the Elements of Harmony. I got ready for an impact. Powered up my horn. And shot. My magic and the magic of Elements of Harmony made an impact, followed by a shockwave that shook with the whole castle. I must say, I was quite tired already, so the fight was longer than I anticipated, so when I finally overpowered the Elements of Harmony and destroyed Celestia I needed to flee, so day guards won't find me.

I quickly flew out, to my glorious night with a grin plastered on my face. Even if it was only a half-win, a great thought lingered in my mind.

THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY FAILED.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed it, I will try to update it as often as posiible.

Please keep in mind that I am non-native speaker, so I will be glad if you point out any mistakes. :raritystarry:

The comment section isnt there just for fun :raritywink: