• Published 31st May 2017
  • 1,826 Views, 59 Comments

Dear Princess Twilight.... - Rose Quill



A collection of letters from Sunset Shimmer to Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
3
 59
 1,826

Comparing Notes

Author's Note:

This is a Homecoming canon entry, meant to occur before The First Step. The issues spoken of will be addressed in an upcoming story as well.

Dear Princess Twilight,

Hi, it's me. Sunshine. Sunny let me borrow the book to talk to you since she has a long day today.

I want to know a little more about magic. I mean, you've taught me levitation and other minor things, but you know more than that and I want to know all I can! Teleportation would eliminate transportation troubles and...

I'm rambling, a bad habit I'm sure you can relate to. I actually am writing because of something a little more private. Sunny and I have decided to try for kids, or foals, or whatever the term would be for us.

The problem is, we've tried some traditional methods and they've all resulted in failures. I've had two implantations that failed. We then tried surrogacy and found that there is a problem. With me.

I can't get pregnant, there is a problem with my ova that is baffling the doctors here. And an artificial ensemination on Sunny also failed, incompatibility between the two zygote cells. Apparently her DNA is sufficiently different to prevent most human methods.

Is there any way you could help? I mean, I know here are adoption agencies and foster opportunities, but right now we don't meet the requirements set out by the state agencies.

I'm sorry for unloading this on you like this, it's just that we both want this and I feel a little depressed that I can't even do this one thing that biology has designed me to do.

Your friend,

Twilight Sparkle.


Dear Twilight Sparkle

Celestia, that is odd to write...

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties, and don't feel bad, there may be something that the magic changed about you when you transformed into Midnight Sparkle. Next time you come over Starlight and I will take you up to the Crystal Empire and have Cadence take a look at you. Maybe we can find a way to bridge the gap between human and Equestrian DNA to help you have your own foals.

But, can I just ask one favor? Don't talk about this around Fluttershy when you're here? We just got used to the idea of living together and I don't want her to think I'm aiming for foals right now. I'm enjoying just being with her right now.

Your friend,

Princess Twilight Sparkle.