• Published 31st May 2017
  • 3,864 Views, 7 Comments

A Sleepover To Remember (A Rarijack, Flutterdash and TwiPie Fanfic) - MLPMintySparksFIMFiction



Twilight and her marefriend Pinkie Pie are hosting a sleepover with their friends! However their sleepover gets more dramatic than what they'd hoped for.

  • ...
4
 7
 3,864

Chapter 1

It was nighttime at Twilights castle. All 6 of them were gathered in Twilights bedroom,alone, since Spike and Starlight had gone to Canterlot for a 'Romantic Meal' (according to Spike) since they recently got together.

There were only three beds in Twilights room, as the other two single beds were somehow dismantled when Princess Luna had to stop The Tantubus. They all had to share a bed with one another.

"I call Twilight!" Yelled Pinkie, causing Twilight to blush.

Pinkie and Twilight had only recently come out about being in a relationship to their friends. Pinkie knew they'd be fine with it, but Twilight thought otherwise (until she finally agreed to come out, that is).

"Uh R-Rarity?" Applejack said, her voice cracking.

"Yes, darling?" Rarity replied.

"D'you wanna share with me? Since ya know, we used to at the 'ol library?"

"Of cause, dear! You don't need to be reluctant to ask, I was going to ask you anyway, for the same reason".

Applejack smiled.

"Guess that means you two are together", said Twilight, looking over at Rainbow and Fluttershy. "That ok?"

Rainbow and a Fluttershy turned to each other, grinned, blushed and turned back to Twilight. Rainbow nodded, happily.

Not that any pony knew, but Rainbow and a Fluttershy were, as some would say, 'a thing'. It wasn't official, mainly because Rainbow was too much of a coward to confess her feelings, but Fluttershy knew Rainbow liked her back (after trying to kiss her when Rainbow had taken one too many cups of cider, not too mention blushing every time they talked).

"Great!" said Twilight.

"So what do ya'll wanna do?" Applejack said.

"How about truth or dare?" Rainbow suggested.

"I love that game!" blurted out Pinkie.

"How about we go in a circle, starting from me", said Twilight.

In a circle (more or less) the ponies were sat in an order of: Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and then Applejack.

"I suppose there's no hurt in playing this game... properly" Rarity said, glancing at Applejack and Twilight, grinning.

"Ok, Applejack. Truth or Dare?" said Twilight.

"Dare".

"I dare you to..." Twilight thought, and then it sprung to her head "Put your hat in my trashcan!"

"Wow Twilight". said Rainbow, wanting to watch Applejack to do something actually amusing.

"Uh okay, it's not like ah don't have plenty more at home anyway", said Applejack walking over to a trashcan in the corner of Twilights room, tossing it in, and taking her place back in her seat.

"My turn!" Pinkie shouted.

"This better be good!" Rainbow said, getting bored already and waiting for her turn.

Pinkie looked over at Rainbow Dash, then Fluttershy and then back at Rainbow Dash, before menacingly grinning at Dash.

"Truth or Dare, Rainbow?"

"Dare, duh"

"I dare you to tell us all about how you truthfully feel about Fluttershy." She said, almost innocently.

"You wanted good, didn't cha Dash", teased Applejack.

All the group had already guessed Rainbow had romantic feelings for Fluttershy, and vice-versa. It wasn't very hard to tell really, but Dash and Fluttershy had always assumed they had no idea.

Every pony looked at Rainbow Dash curiously, Fluttershy doing so the most. Rainbow began to get flushed as she realised all her friends were looking at her. Breaking a sweat, and gulping as hard as she could, she finally came to find the words she was looking for.

Her mouth opened, but made no sound at first. She coughed on her saliva, as her mouth started to become dry. She didn't realise she hadn't replied to Pinkie's dare yet, and Pinkie dared her nearly a whole minute ago.

"Uhm" said Rainbow, her voice sounding more hoarse and cracky than usual. "I-". Before she could say anything, Fluttershy had flew to her and had given her a large, embracing kiss to her lips. Rainbow perked up in surprise at once, but softly kissed her back soon after.

"I like you too, Rainbow Dash", said Fluttershy, her eyes full with tears, but she still showed full admiration and love in her face.

All Rainbow could do was smile, as she looked back at her friends, who were tearing up in excitement and happiness for their friends.

"That was simply adorable!" cried Rarity.

"Ehe", chucked Rainbow Dash nervously, whilst scratching the back of her neck.

"Sooooooo?" said Pinkie Pie, hopefully.

"Yes Pinkie, we are", said Fluttershy smiling up at Pinkie, friendlily.

"And who, may I ask do you have to thank for it?" Pinkie said, eagerly.

"Thanks, Pinkie." Rainbow said, just about managing to say those two words.

"Should we carry on now?", suggested Twilight.

"Yeah! It's my turn anyway!" said Rainbow, finally getting her cocky, normal voice back (however still blushing rapidly).

"Rarity Truth or Dare?"

"Truth, darling, if you will"

"Is it true you have a crush on AJ?"

Applejack turned to Rainbow Dash and gave her a glare. Applejack only ever told Twilight about her romantic feelings for her fashionista friend, but Rainbow just 'happening' to come across them as AJ confessed, heard her.

"It depends on your definition of crush, dear. However I don't do 'crushes'. I am a confident pony willing to admit to the one I love at and when the timing is right. I find no reason on developing a crush on a pony when you-I can make something happen between us." Rarity said.

Twilight noticed Applejacks ears getting droopy and her looking to the floor, almost tearing up. Rainbow caught up on what she said, bit her lip and, reluctantly, said:

"Applejack?"

" 'Jus because you're happy in your new relationship, doesn't mean you can ruin a potential one of mine! To be honest, you'd be the last pony ah thought who'd do that, since you've been crying over Fluttershy for months! Surely you know how it feels!" Applejack yelled, tears rolling down her face. She looked at Rarity for a brief second, before running out the room.

"A-Applejack", Rarity whispered to herself, before putting her hoof on her chest, and feeling herself grow warm.

Rainbow Dash teared up, face planted, and zoomed out of the other room without saying a word to anypony, not even her knew lover, but Fluttershy followed after her.

"That wasn't really what I expected at all", Pinkie said.

"Is it true? Does Applejack really feel that way about me?" Rarity said to Twilight.

"She has for a while now, but was always too afraid to tell you about it. She didn't know 'what way your barn door swung' if you get what I mean.", said Twilight.

"I think I'd better go talk some sense into her, she and Rainbow are the closest of friends after all, and I won't be willing to see them fall apart because of a silly dare". ,said Rarity.

Pinkie and Twilight smiled at her as Rarity got out of her bed, and trotted to the door Applejack had exited from.

Meanwhile, in Twilights Library, Rainbow Dash had taken seat in one of Twilights armchairs, reading through the latest daring to book, tears dripping onto it. She jumped as she heard Fluttershy walk through the door.

"Dash?"

"Oh, hey Flutters."

"Been quite an eventful night, hasn't it?" Fluttershy said, walking up to her marefriend.

"It started of amazing" , said Dash, tearing up again.

"Rainbow, Applejack isn't as upset with you as you think. She's only upset because-"

"Because I ruined her chance with Rarity? Yeah I'm pretty sure she is." said Rainbow, her voice raising a little bit caused her marefriend to take a step back.

"I'm sorry, it's just I've never fallen out with one of my closer friends like this before", said Rainbow, rubbing her eyes.

"I know. Maybe you should apologise and try to make it up to her?" Fluttershy suggested.

"Yeah you're probably right", said Dash, as she kissed Fluttershy on the cheek.

"Come on then", Fluttershy replied. She helped Rainbow up, as they made their way to try and find Applejack.

Applejack was in the throne and map room, sat on her specific throne with her apple cutie mark on it. Her head was rested against the table with tears falling down and off of her snout. She whimpered quietly, but enough so you could hear her in the silent room she was in.

"Applejack, dear?", said the familiar voice of Rarity.

Applejacks pupils became shrunken, revealing more of the bloodshot in her eyes to Rarity; she turned away quickly.

"Sweetheart..." Rarity cooed, as she walked over to Applejack and took a seat on the throne next to her, Twilights.

Applejack sniffed and looked up at Rarity, tears streaming down her soft orange coat.

"Dear, are you really this mad at Rainbow Dash over this? As brash as she can be, she doesn't deserve that."

"Ah know...i feel a might awful for yellin' at her like that. It's not her fault for how I-" She hesitated. "How I feel 'bout ya.", Applejack admitted, feeling more tears running down her face.

Rarity smiled. She placed her hoof under Applejacks chin and moved her head to look at her.

"I know what you feel, darling. Honestly I don't understand why, but I do know one thing."

"What's that?"

"I feel as though I- that is to say I- I like you too Applejack. Very much so actually. More than I have anypony before. I want to be with you. I'm sorry if you took my reply to Dash's Dare the wrong way, but I assure you it's not like that. Frankly I just used that reply to outsmart her."

Applejack giggled and started flushing. It was at that moment Rarity pulled her into a long awaited kiss. Applejack felt her heart skip a beat, and as did Rarity. As they stopped, Applejack pulled Rarity into a hug.

"Thank you, Rarity"

"Not at all, Applejack"

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy walked in on Rarity and Applejack and they looked up at each other. As Rainbow saw Applejack was looking at her, she stood behind Fluttershy, shaking

"Applejack, Rainbow has something to say to you.", Fluttershy said, pushing Rainbow over to them.

"I- I'm sorry Applejack. I really am. I shouldn't have done that to you."

"Don't worry 'bout it sugar cube, ah was just overreacting a bit where I was upset and all, it's ok." Applejack replied, pulling Rainbow Dash into a friendly hug.

"How are you now?", said Rainbow.

"Better than ever.", replied Applejack, winking at Rarity.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy noticed what had happened between them, and smiled at them both happily.

"We should probably get back to Twilight and Pinkie.", said Rarity.

"Lets go.", said Fluttershy, happily.

All four ponies made it back to the bedroom in about two minutes. Pinkie and Twilight looked up at the two couples, hopefully.

"Is everything ok now?", Pinkie said.

"Applejack and Rainbow made up.", said Fluttershy.

"And let's just say I finally admitted my feelings for Applejack.", Rarity said.

"Aww! Whelp this has definitely been a sleepover to remember huh?", Pinkie said.

"Definitely", said Twilight

Comments ( 7 )

This was a good story that had all of my favorite ships in it...Yay! Twinkie!

I would just get somebody to edit your work. You use commas a too much and some of your sentences could be worded differently as well.

Good job and continue writing!

8204074 I try to keep my grammar as good as possible, but English is probably taught differently in the UK to other places, so you can probably blame my English teacher for that (in the UK we tend to use commas to act as 'taking breathers' as my English teacher says xD).
Another thing might be is that I'm more used t writing scripts than stories, but I'll get there!
Thanks for reading,too!
-MS

Not a bad concept, and the story is super cute. Rarijack = <3

What is obvious is that you typically write scripts and that you take the idea of "taking breaks" for commas too literally and far. ;)
Editors with strong grammar skills would help you a ton here, but what would really help you out is related to the fact that you stated you typically write scripts. Details. You could definitely use more detail within your writing. You never really set the scene much and you only added minor details that would gift the reader with a sense of what was goin' on outside of the dialogue. I also feel pacing could have been done nicer, and let the story and the characters bring it all to life. Don't let the narrative tell us about Rainbow's and AJ's crushes, give us an evening of interaction that shows how they feel about their respective crushes. It makes it faaaaaar more entertaining. Besides, that Truth or Dare game could've gone on much longer, leading to more build up. Just jumping RIGHT in and having the juicy stuff come up felt just a tad rushed. Also, I felt Fluttershy didn't even give Rainbow much of a chance to get her answer out lol ;)

Again, this is a very good base and the story was cute. I like the idea that Rainbow causes AJ to get upset due to a question she asks in the game and it leading to a revelation between Rarity and Applejack, I just feel that maybe finding a good editor and prereader would help for further work!
Don't give up and have fun! :D

8206880
Thanks for the advice! As a script and audio drama writer I think I'm too used to giving a basic description of the scene, so I'm not describing it too much, as you say.
As for Applejack and Rainbow Dash, i think I could add in more detail to how they formed their crushes for Fluttershy and Rarity.
Again, thanks for the advice!
I think it would be really beneficial to rewrite this story in more detail, so if you want to stay tuned, I'd have made sure it's much more improved than before.
Thanks
-MS

Ahh, my favorite pairings are here :yay::heart::rainbowwild: :duck::heart::ajsmug: :pinkiesmile::heart::twilightsmile:

Rainbow Dash teared up, face planted, and zoomed out of the other room without saying a word to anypony, not even her knew lover, but Fluttershy followed after her.

It's "new" not "knew" but cute story, you may have a Derpy: :derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment