• Published 31st May 2017
  • 7,323 Views, 107 Comments

The Son Of Luna - DanielScratchAnimations



Found in an enemy laboratory Luna adopts a young boy broken and lost in a world who has never seen the likes of him. Will this boy find a purpose in life, or will the forces responsible for his condition find a way to finis what they started?

  • ...
19
 107
 7,323

Chapter 10 "The incident Pt. 2"

Author's Note:

Hello everypony, I hope you all will enjoy this newest installment of my story! I also wanna thank all of you who have been so supportive and telling me how amazing my story is! I'll start working on the next chapter as soon as tomorrow, and hopefully by next month I'll be posting again.

Daniel couldn’t believe his eyes, the room where his mother, best friend, most of the castle staff, and himself ate was transformed. All the dining tables that were originally there were nowhere to be seen, instead in its place stood the longest table the young prince had ever seen.

This table looked made from the most pristine material, shining like the sun under the right lighting from the outside, and in the center was engraved the cutie marks of his mother and aunt.

However, the table wasn't the only thing that caught the prince’s eye, as he walked beside his mother and Starry. Sitting at the luxurious table, were all kinds of species from scaly dragon, to hairy buffalo. Each species at the table was different in every way, but they all had one thing in common. They were ALL royals.

“Lulu!” Exclaimed a pony that Daniel noticed had both wings, and a horn just like his mother only she was more pastel pink in color.

“Ah, Lovestruck how do things fair at the Crystal Empire? I trust nothing has been troubling you?” Luna asked, looking at her with a kind smile.

“Oh, a few occurrences here and there, but nothing my guards cant handle my dear cousin Lulu.” Lovestruck stated, waving her hoof passively as she smiled in return giving Luna a small hug.

Daniel looked between them confused, as he asked. “Momma, who is she?”

The mare in question looked down, finally acknowledging his presence only to look at Luna in surprise.

“Momma? Lulu you never told me you were with child in any of the letters you’ve sent, I wasn’t even aware you were seeing somepony.”

“I-It’s nothing like that, my guards and I found him in the Badlands in one of the enemy's strongholds.” Luna explained, waving a hoof dismissively.

“Oh my, what use could they possibly have for a colt as young as him?” Lovestruck asked, looking the small boy over noticing the many faint scars on his body.

“THEY used him for experiments, and seeing from the scars the doctor’s theorized that he was there since early infancy…when we found him, he was strapped to an operating table being deprived of both food and water.” She stated, her voice taking a dark turn as she thought about those who hurt her son.

“Oh you poor boy, those monsters have gone TOO far hurting a boy as young as this because he was different, it’s absolutely unethical!” Lovestruck stated, stomping her hoof in anger.

Daniel was startled by this, and chose to hide behind his mother’s forelegs, again catching the attention of both Alicorns.

“Apologies, Daniel’s not entirely trusting to new ponies.” Luna explained.

“Ah of course, with an experience such as his I would probably be the same in that position.” She said gently, moving towards the frightened child.

“Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Lovestruck I’m your mommy’s cousin, but you can call me Auntie Struck.” She gently told him, causing Daniel to slowly poke his head out a tiny bit.

“S-So you’re apart of my family?” He asked quietly.

Lovestruck only had to nod as Daniel slowly came out from his hiding place, rubbing his shoulder nervously as he looked up at her.

“I-I’m sorry, it’s nice to meet you Auntie Struck, my name is Daniel Moon.” He shyly stated.

Lovestruck could no longer contain herself, as she scooped the young prince up in her hooves. “Aww, he’s just too much Lulu, how can you not wanna dote on him all the time?” She asked, stars in her eyes.

“I-I’m one of the princesses of Equestria, I-I have an image to maintain thank you very much.” She stated, as Lovestruck rolled her eyes knowingly.

“Come now Lulu, I know that’s a lie your muzzle is turning bright red, and considering your coat color is very impressive.” Lovestruck pointed out bluntly, causing Luna to hide her muzzle with a wing.

“AHEM!”

A loud thunderous voice interrupted, catching the attention of the doting princess’s.

“I understand both of you now have children,but that does not mean the issue at hand is resolved.” Stated the booming voice, which Daniel soon discovered came from a very old looking griffon.

He had multiple scars on his body, and was missing one of his claws, however despite all these things Daniel noticed one above all else. The griffons he’s seen all seem to have a basic color scheme with brown and white being the main ones, however when it came to the eyes Daniel saw that each griffons was different and when he saw this old griffons eyes he became distraught as he noticed one particular thing about this griffon’s eyes.

“Momma, how can he see us?”

Luna looked down, seeing her son gently pulling on her forehoof, pointing directly at the griffon in question causing everyone besides her to groan.

“Ugh, sweetie you really don’t wanna get him started on that story again.” Lovestruck stated bluntly once again.

“Silence all of you, let the boy be curious if he wants there is no harm in it!” The griffon called angrily.

Daniel was startled by the pure volume of the griffons voice, quickly moving back down from his Aunts hold to return to hide behind his mother once again.

“Daniel, don’t be so scared they just want to get to know you better.” Starry whispered, only just now getting over the fact she was surrounded by royalty.

“B-But, he looks and sounds so mean…” Daniel whispered back.

“Young man, I may be blind but my ears still work perfectly, now if you don’t mind come here and introduce yourself to me as a proper gentle-colt!” The griffon belted out, causing the two children to wince as they had been found out.

“Daniel, it’ll be fine i’ve known Emperor Guilded Heart for a very long time, and he has been nothing short of kind to children like you and Starry.” Luna stated, gently nuzzling her son as she pushed out from underneath her.

Starry and Daniel both looked at each other, and without a word Starry reached for Daniel’s hand holding it tightly in her grip as she gave him a reassuring smile.

“I’ll be here with you the whole time, so let’s go together.” She whispered, causing Daniel to blush slightly a small smile spreading on his face.

“O-Okay, I’ll go…” Daniel stated, as he began to move slowly towards the table where the mighty Guilded Heart sat.

“Everything will be fine my little one, just remember your afternoon classes with Starry’s mother and you should be fine.” Luna stated gently.

Daniel nodded, trusting his mother and having his friend with him he slowly moved toward the griffon trying his best to swallow the lump in his throat.

Luna stayed back, while she wanted desperately to be as close to her son as possible she knew that learning proper socialization would definitely be best for her son in the long run. Even so, she couldn’t help but fidget slightly out of nervousness.

Daniel stood in front of Emperor Guilded Heart, shaking slightly under his gaze.

“H-Hello E-Emperor, my n-name is D-Daniel it’s very n-nice to meet you.” Daniel stated, bowing in the presence of the mighty griffon.

“Good day youngling, I am Emperor Guilded Heart leader and commander of the griffon kingdom, and it is an honor to meet you as well.” Guilded Heart returned, as he turned to the young mare beside him expectantly.

“O-Oh, I-I have no title but my name is S-Starry Swirls Emperor Guilded Heart, It’s an honor to meet you and all the royals from across our great lands.” Starry stated, bowing so low her muzzle touched the floor.

“Worry not young maiden, it matters not whether you have a rank or not, in this room we are all equals.” Guilded heart stated wisely, the majority of those seated including Luna and Lovestruck nodded in agreement.

“Bah, you don’t speak for the dragons you old fool!”

All attention was moved to a single group of dragons, one of which was standing proudly looking angrily at the trio speaking.

“Pardon me Dragon lord Baddrydag, but I would appreciate it if you would respect my son and his friend as they are in a conversation, as I had taught him to respect any conversations YOU may have.” Luna requested, doing her best not to let her anger show through.

“Ha, says the pony who just a few moments ago was doting over said FREAK of nature!” Baddrydag mocked, a triumphant smirk on his scaly muzzle.

This brought Daniel to look down feeling as if he had been brought back down from whatever confidence he had gained in these few moment, Starry to gently console him, and Luna to begin to grow more in anger from hearing yet another creature call HER son a FREAK.

“THAT IS ENOUGH BADDRYDAG!”

Yet again the attention to another creature, one that Daniel had never seen until today. One that had the basic structure of a pony, but was dark colored and had stripes all over their bodies. However, every creature in the room gave a small gasp, or had a look of surprise on their faces, this silence gave the creature more room to speak.

“Honestly, you have no right to judge who or what anyone in this council chooses to adopt. Unless of course, you wish to let your loose tongue start something that you or your kingdom cannot hope to survive?” The creature asked.

“What, this puny Alicorn princess? What can she possibly hope to do against the whole of the Dragon Kingdom?” Baddrydag stated cockily, his pride still clear on his face.

“No, you won’t be facing an Alicorn, or a Princess of Equestria, YOU will be faced with an infuriated mother protecting her child at ALL costs.” The creature stated, gesturing to the mare in question who’s star-filled mane was violently moving in the non-existent wind.

Immediately, the drakes pride dissipated into a nervous grin as a slight sweat began to drip from his scaly face, as he gulped loudly. Meanwhile, every creature in the room looked at the scared dragon expectantly the tension becoming more and more strenuous on the Dragon Lord. This caused the dragon to cave, sighing as he rose from his seat and silently stomped his way towards to the small boy and his friend kneeling down to their level.

“L-Look kid, I’m no good with kids and I hate wasting time, so p-p-please forgive me f-for being a LITTLE impatient with you.” Baddrydag stated, clearly having trouble apologizing to the young boy.

All Daniel could do was nod in understanding, unable to look the dragon in the eye as he and a glaring Starry moved back to his mother. This cause the dragon to roll his eyes, but he didn't pursue any further as he went back to his seat, every creature knowing that this was the best they were going to get.

“Well then if that’s been resolved, I suggest we go back to the original topic we all came for.” Celestia stated, having been in her seat the whole time.

All excluding Luna and Lovestruck nodded, taking a few moments to adjust themselves for what they all assumed would be a long discussion.

“Daniel, Starry I would like you both to stay near Vinyl while we talk, you can sit and play amongst yourselves for the time being.” Luna told the young children, gently nuzzling her still bothered son.

“Don’t worry princess, I promise to always be right next to him.” Starry quietly stated, as she sat next to Daniel still holding his hand.

Daniel only nodded, causing Luna’s mood to turn sour as she looked to Vinyl.

“Commander Scratch, please look after and protect them with your life.” Luna stated.

Vinyl simply saluted, giving Luna a discret smile and wink.

Luna gave a small smile in return, as she moved to her seat next to her sister composing herself as she did so.

“Now, let us begin.”


It’s been about an hour since they had begun their meeting, and Daniel was beginning to feel better with the help of both his best friend, and teacher.

“You know, despite that mean old dragon I think all the royals here are pretty nice, don’t you think?” Starry asked, having finally let go of Daniel’s hand due to his hand and her hoof becoming sweaty.

Daniel simply nodded, nervously twiddling his fingers as he held his knees to his chest in a hug.

Starry sighed, while Daniel was getting better he was still very tense and nervous around all the royals around them. However, both were surprised when a soft white hoof ruffled Daniel’s silver locks, causing them both to look up at her smiling muzzle.

“Hey kiddo cheer up, no creature is gonna take you away while me and your mother are around.” She stated quietly, giving them her signature grin and wink.

For the first time since arriving, Daniel gave a small chuckle as he became comforted by that fact.

Suddenly, the large door behind them opened as quietly as it could, barely catching the attention of a few of the seated royals.

“...Atlas…” Vinyl grimaced, rolling her eyes in annoyance as the colt stood beside her.

“Sorry, got caught up in something, what did I miss?” Atlas semi-whispered, earning him a quick shush from other guards around them.

“You, missed everything I don’t even know why you bothered to show up at this point.” Vinyl scolded, doing her best to keep as quiet as possible.

Atlas rolled his eyes, looking down at the young prince in front of them with disgust, yet there was a small smirk on his face that if any creature saw would assume that he had awful planned.


“Luna, despite the frailty we’ve all clearly seen from the child the fact still remains that we have no idea what the enemy did to him, that fact alone makes him a threat no matter how small.” Stated Guilded Heart.

“However, there is still no proof that my son poses ANY threat to any creature, he can barely dress himself now, and that is with some of my assistance.” Luna stated, stomping her hoof in protest.

“We understand your concerns, however Luna does present a good point Daniel has yet to pose any threat to any creature, and even if he wished to I seriously doubt he would even possess the power to do so from what I’ve been reported from the guards both me and Luna posted on him.” Celestia interjected, causing Luna to do a double-take at what she had heard.

“You placed guards to SPY on my son?” Luna asked, looking at her sister betrayal in her eyes.

“I had precautions made, to make sure that every creature behind our walls are protected and safe, from know and UNKNOWN threats, but as I said he poses no threat.” Celestia explained.

“That doesn't make this better Tia…we will discuss this in length later.” Luna whispered, as she composed herself.

“Now, concerning this la-”

“MOMMA!”

Every creature stood at the sound of this call, however Luna was the only one with the look of horror on her muzzle as she stood hurrying to the front of the room to find her son held tightly by the very colt that was to watch over him, holding a blade against her son’s throat. Luna searched frantically for Vinyl, only to find the mare lying on the floor injured with an unconscious Starry Swirls in her hooves.

“Sargent Atlas, what is the meaning of this!” Luna called angrily, flaring her wings in preparation to pounce.

“Ah Ah Ah, I wouldn’t if i were you dear LUNA unless you want my hoof to slip and cut your poor FREAK child’s head off!” Atlas announced, causing all in the room to glare in anger as Luna lowered her wings in fear of what he might do.

“There we go, and the same goes for any creatures that wanna save this pathetic excuse for a prince! However, if any of you do have any ideas…”

Suddenly, Atlas quickly moved dragging Daniel by the neck, as he stabbed the nearest guard right in the shoulder. Every creature in the room gasped as he did this, but their faces turned to that of horror as they saw what was happening to his victim.

The guard before them seemed fine at first glance, however as the blade began to glow the young colt began to scream in pain as he slowly, began to get older... he continued to age more and more, until he fell down to the floor looking as old as a corpse.

“By the maker...Is that?”

“Yes, this your majesties is the Dagger of Life-Drain. One of the legendary weapons that was given to the princess’s as a gift of good faith from the Saddle Arabians 200 years ago, till today it’s been sitting the royal vaults collecting dust.” Atlas explained, as he placed the knife against the terrified prince’s throat.

The entire room was silenced, every creature unable to move out of both fear and worry for the child in his clutches.

“P-Please Atlas, let me go…” Daniel begged, shaking violently.

“Why should I, no creature in here is gonna save you, Tartarus your own so called MOTHER can't even do anything to save you.” Atlas laughed, mocking the Princess of the Night openly as her son looked to her hopefully.

“M-Mommy...p-please save me…” Daniel begged.

Luna never felt more useless than she did in that moment, the look her son gave her made her feel more pain in her heart than anything she had been through in all her years of life.

“I-I can-”

“Let Daniel go you MONSTER!”

“WHAT?!?” Atlas questioned, as suddenly he was suddenly pounced by a very determined Starry Swirls who took the opportunity to sneak up behind the cocky stallion.

Starry began to use her magic to pull at his mane and ears as hard as she could, while at the same time doing her best to avoid the blade as Atlas used it to scare her off of him.

“Gah, get off me you little-”

Before he could finish however, Starry ended up pulling so hard that she pulled a piece of his mane.

“GAH!”

In a swift motion he pulled Starry off with the hoof that held Daniel and threw her across the room causing her to hit the wall with enough force to knock her unconscious. All creatures big and small gasped, but none felt more at fault than Daniel as his whole world shattered at the sound of his best friend hitting the hard stone walls.

“...S-Starry…?”

“Ugh, serves that little brat right for attacking her betters!” Atlas said, reaching over to the distraught prince.

Only, this time as he went to grab Daniel he immediately retreated his hoof in pain as if it was being burned.

“Ah, w-what the buck!?!” Atlas asked.

“You...hurt...my friend…” Daniel stated, his words growing dark as a light began to envelope the small prince, and slowly get brighter.

“I-Is that...magic?” Lovestruck asked.

“Impossible, no magic is that clearly visible and on top of that he doesn’t even ha-”

Suddenly, the small boy moved quickly to his feet turning to punch the stallion behind him, however instead of the weak and meager punch every creature in the room expected, the stallion was instead blasted all the way to the other side of the room hitting the wall with a force that caused a small crater to form the blade he once had being left on the floor nearby as Atlas’s grip released.

No creature in the room, not even the young prince’s mother could move as his presence filled the room with a terrifying feeling as he moved towards the barely breathing stallion, grabbing the knife he had dropped along the way.

“You...hurt...Starry…and you don’t even CARE?!?” Daniel shouted, completely controlled by rage as he disappeared for a moment only to appear in front of the barely waking Atlas startling him greatly.

“N-No p-please, don’t hurt me I-I’m so sorry y-your highness! P-Please let me go!” Atlas begged, his tears and bloody nose staining the floor below him.

There was no sound for several seconds, and that brought a small hope to the pathetic stallion.

“Raise your head…”

Atlas did as he was told, thinking that his pathetic cries for mercy had worked, but when he did all hope in him shattered as he saw his eyes.

While Daniel’s eyes were always red in color, this time it wasn’t just his irises but his whole eye was consumed by bloodlust, his normally shiny silver hair had turned dark and almost lifeless as he stared down at the now wetting himself Atlas.

Daniel didn’t have to say a single word for Atlas to know that his life had become forfeit, his shaking becoming more prominent as Daniel swiftly swung the blade in his hand towards Atlas. There was no blood as Daniel left the blade inserted into the stallions chest, as what happened to the guard from earlier happened to him as the young prince slowly made his way to his friend, as if he was in immense pain.

“S-Starry…?” Daniel stated, as he kneeled down in front of his still unconscious friend.

“Please...be...okay….” Daniel begged, as he passed out returning to his original form.

Just then, every royal including Luna let out a breath they had no idea they were holding, as Luna quickly moved to her son looking him and Starry over.

“2nd Commander Steel, take my Vinyl, Starry and my son to the infirmary, let NO ONE stop you!” Luna ordered, as Commander Steel saluted and used his magic to gently carry the children with Vinyl on his back.

“Yes your highness!” He stated, as he ran out of the room.

While Luna would’ve wanted nothing more than to be the one to take them, however from the way the council was looking at her...there was still ONE more thing to discuss about her son, and maker help her that it's good.