• Published 30th May 2017
  • 2,795 Views, 48 Comments

My Little Miraculous Ladybug - MetaLord395



When Twilight and her friends cross the dimensional portal once again, they end up in Paris, France, and meet the superheroes Ladybug and Cat Noir.

  • ...
4
 48
 2,795

Repercussions

The sounds of police sirens shattered the peaceful Parisian morning as the three black cars zoomed their way through the streets, desperately trying to avoid the police cars that were pursuing them. The driver of the black car in the middle- a gruff, middle-aged man who was smoking a cigar and who was in sore need of an aftershave- focused on the road before him, dead set on making a clean getaway. He and his men had just robbed the Premier National de Paris, one of the wealthiest banks in the entire country. Just a few more miles and he and his men would be home free.

“THIS IS THE POLICE!” the police chief’s voice blared through the bullhorn. “CEASE DRIVING AND SURRENDER NOW!”

Never, the driver thought to himself with fierce determination. He turned a sharp left on the road, sending pedestrians scattering in fear as they tried to get out of his way. He smiled. Just a few more miles . . .

Suddenly, one of his companions let out a panicked scream over the radio. The driver picked it up.

“What’s goin’ on out there?” he asked in a gruff, menacing tone.

“Boss,” his companion said over the radio in a slightly panicked tone, “a figure in a red and black jumpsuit landed onto our car. She started sprayin’ somethin’ or other and now I can’t see nothin’!” Soon enough, a large crash resounded; the car had undoubtedly crashed into a pole.

“Ladybug,” the gang driver growled to himself. He pressed on the gas pedal, for he knew that her no-good feline sidekick would undoubtedly be nearby. He picked up the radio.

“Beta 2, break off and meet up with me outside the city,” he contacted the other car. But all he got was static. Clearly that pest had taken care of the other car as well. There was only one thing he could do: make sure that he got out of the city before they caught up with him.

Just then a thud sounded on his car’s rooftop, and before the gang leader could try to figure out what was going on, the entire car turned a dull golden brown, and stopped working. The electricity from the broken remains crackled. Seeing that they caught him, the gang driver took his share of the money that he had stolen and got out, running as fast as his stubby legs and overweight body would take him. He was so focused on running that he tripped on something and fell facedown on the road. Something poked him in his face. Miffed, he looked up to see a lanky kid with blond hair and green eyes and wearing a black cat costume flashing him the mother of all cocky grins and carrying a silver staff. The gang leader groaned and pressed his face against the road; he knew at once that he had been beaten.

“Looks like you guys had car trouble,” Cat Noir quipped, indicating the car that he had used his Cataclysm on. Ladybug landed right beside him.

“Good thing the police are here to help,” she smiled as the sound of the police cars slowed to a stop and the cars themselves approached.

A few seconds later, all of the gang members were safely handcuffed and escorted to the police cars to be taken to prison. Officer Roger beamed at the two superheroes.

“Ladybug and Cat Noir, you’ve done it again,” he smiled.

“All in a day’s work, officer,” Ladybug smiled back.

“And not a moment too soon,” Cat Noir added. “We still have time to arrive to school early. Shall we race, milady?”

Ladybug chuckled and shook her head; some things never changed, which, in this case, was a good thing. “See you around, Officer. We’ll be sure to give your daughter your regards.”

And with that, both of them headed off to school. No sooner did they arrive on the steps of the school did their transformations run out, releasing both of their kwamis. A few kids cheered as they walked up the steps to the school. One boy even called out from the background, “I LOVE YOU, LADYBUG!”

“Isn’t this wonderful?” Tikki said to Marinette. “You’re like a celebrity now!”

“I know!” Marinette said knowingly. “I . . . I don’t know what to say to all this!”

Adrien chuckled. “Trust me, you’ll get used to it.”

“Easy for you to say,” Plagg said. “A famous superheroine who’s dating a teen model? You two are like the ultimate power couple!”

The others laughed, especially Tikki. It was so like Plagg to say something like this.

“Dudes!”

The four of them turned around to see that it was none of other than Nino, Alya, and Sabrina who were calling them. Marinette smiled. Once, Sabrina was Chloe’s number two, a girl who always did her orders without question. But two months ago, Sabrina learned that Chloe was responsible for her father temporarily losing his job and getting turned into the supervillain Rogercop, and she pretty much turned against her for good after that. Out of pity, Marinette offered to include Sabrina in her circle and teach her all about real friendship, to which she graciously accepted. Ever since then, Sabrina had been hanging out with them before and after classes. Both boyfriend and girlfriend went to see their friends, who were grinning back at them, their kwamis trailing them.

“Hey, Alya, Nino, Sabrina,” Adrien acknowledged the new addition to the group, “what’s going on?”

“Not much,” Nino said. “How’s the superhero business treating you?”

“Marvelous,” Marinette said. “We stopped a gang of bank robbers just this morning.”

“Nice,” Nino said, grinning.

“Oh, and Marinette,” Alya addressed her best friend, “great job with that interview last night. You and Adrien totally nailed it. My Ladyblog site is at an all-time high because of that.”

“Oh, don’t be ridiculous,” Marinette blushed. “Adrien did most of the talking. I just kinda stayed in the background.” Just the previous night, Marinette and Adrien had an interview with Nadja Schamack and Alec Cataldi of the KIDZ+ TV studio.

“Still,” Sabrina said in a sincere tone, “you never looked better together. Have you spoken with any of your friends from . . . out of town recently?”

Adrien and Marinette looked at each other; they knew at once that she was referring to Star Butterfly, Marco Diaz, and the rest of the Echo Creek crew. “Well,” Marinette said, “not really. But from what we heard, things are going great for them now that they have become an
official couple.”

“Nice,” Sabrina said. “You girls haven’t spoken to her recently as well, have you?” she continued, placing a distasteful emphasis on the word.

Alya and Marinette looked at each other; they knew at once who she was referring to. “No, not at all,” Alya lied.

“That’s a relief,” Sabrina said. “Now that I’ve seen what a scumbag she was all along, I don’t want you to follow down that same dark road she’s currently stuck on.”

“Well, Sabrina,” Marinette assured her, “Alya and I gave up on her long ago.” This statement seemed to please Sabrina, who smiled.

“Hey Adrien,” Nino said, “how are things between you and your . . . ahem, old man?”

Adrien smiled. “Never could have been better, Nino. We’ve been a lot more open with each other.”

“I’m glad to hear that, bro,” Nino said.

“I hate to interrupt the conversation and warm, fuzzy feelings,” Plagg interrupted, “but you have thirteen minutes until homeroom!”

“Oh, thanks!” Nino realized. “C’mon, Adrien, Sabrina, we don’t wanna be late!”

“You guys go on ahead,” Marinette said. “Alya and I have to go meet with . . . someone.” She shot her best friend a look that said, Let’s just get this over with. Alya nodded in agreement.

“Okay,” Sabrina said. “Just don’t be late!” With that, the three of them left to go to homeroom.

Marinette sighed. “Why did we ever agree to help her? Especially after what she did to us both?”

“Relax,” Alya put a comforting hand on her friend’s shoulder. “It’s only going to be for a few minutes. After that, we won’t have to put up with her at all for the rest of the day.”


One particular young lady was looking nervous as she entered the school, feeling like a small helpless guppy is a school of sharks. She was a blue-eyed girl of medium height, with honey blond hair pulled back into a ponytail who wore a yellow long-sleeved jacket over a white shirt with black stripes around the waist, and white jeans with a belt that had diamond-shaped bumps and white dress shoes. Once in the past, Chloe Bourgeois was a mean, cruel, and selfish girl who cared about nobody but herself. She ridiculed and belittled all whom she considered beneath her. However, it all changed when a certain Mewni princess named Star Butterfly and her friend, Marco Diaz came to Paris two months ago for spring break. During that time, a lot of things had changed: The town superheroes, one of whom was her idol, had their identities exposed to the world and were revealed to be her fellow classmates, and after learning that she was the cause of so many problems that Paris had suffered, she was forced to come to grips with her own murky past, and ultimately emerged from it all a much better person, even helping take part in the final battle against the forces of evil that had threatened her world. And even with both of them now gone, their impact had remained: Statues of the two were still found all over the city, often alongside those of Ladybug and Cat Noir.

Sadly, this was not what many other students believed.

She spotted two girls she used to pick on in the past-Mylene Haprele and Juleka Couffaine- go into the locker rooms. Here was a chance to show that she had redeemed herself. She took a deep breath and followed both of them.


Mylene and Juleka were all set for homeroom. They had just finished picking out which books they were going to need for the day when Mylene accidentally knocked hers over. In a hurried manner, both girls tried to scrabble them together as fast as possible. Then, out of nowhere, a new hand put itself on the last book, accompanied by a strangely familiar voice.

“Want some help?”

Mylene and Juleka looked up to see that it was none other than Chloe Bourgeois, of all people, who was offering to help them with their books. Chloe smiled sweetly. Of course, both girls had horrible histories with her, and they were not ready to accept the new Chloe just yet.

“Um, no thanks, we’re good,” Mylene answered, in a polite but firm tone. She took her book back from Chloe while Juleka nodded her head hurriedly in agreement.

“Oh,” Chloe said, clearly disappointed by this rejection. “Okay.”

And with that, she turned and walked down the locker room. The other students, especially the ones she used to torment, glared at her from every direction and began whispering amongst themselves. Though Chloe could not hear what they were saying, something in their tone told her she did not want to know. Her anxiousness was making her nervous. She sighed, and turned the corner to meet the only two girls who she was glad to meet on a day like this: Alya Cesaire and Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

“I didn’t think the entire school would still be mad at me,” she said miserably.

“Well, you kinda left a lasting impression on them,” Alya said truthfully.

“Well, thanks for taking me under your wing while I wait for all of this to just die down,” Chloe said. “Oh, and Tikki, I got something for you.” She reached into her jeans pocket and pulled out a few vanilla shortbread cookies.

Marinette’s kwami flew over to Chloe’s hand and the cookies. She sniffed them, as if trying to detect for any poison, and started eating them once she decided that they were clean.

“You girls haven’t seen Sabrina around, by any chance?” Chloe asked them hopefully.

“They have,” Tikki said, holding a half-eaten cookie. “And she’s still mad at you for getting her father in trouble.” She continued eating the cookie.

“Oh,” Chloe said, clearly hurt. “I understand. I can’t blame her. After all, I have been a terrible friend all these years. But anyway, thanks for keeping me some company at school. You girls doing anything special after school?”

The two girls looked at each other. “Actually, we are,” Alya lied. “Marinette promised me she’d help me babysit my sisters after school. I’m sorry, but that’s going to take up too much of our time.”

“I understand,” Chloe said wearily. “Well, let’s get to class. We don’t want to be late.”


As Marinette and Alya entered the homeroom, the entire class burst into applause. A few of the students whistled in appreciation. Marinette flashed them all a friendly smile. For the first time ever, she knew how it felt to be as famous as Jagged Stone. The two girls went up to their seats that they took behind Adrien and Nino. Once Chloe entered the room, however, the applause stopped abruptly, to be replaced with glares of murderous hostility. Chloe averted her eyes from the death glares sent her way and sat down in her seat next to Sabrina, who refused to meet her gaze and turned away from her in disgust, her nose stuck high in the air.

“Good morning, class,” Mrs. Bustier, the teacher, greeted everyone. “I hope everyone has had a wonderful week. Today, I have a few announcements.

“As you all know, next week will be the College Francois Dupont Annual End-of-Year School Dance. It will start at 6pm, and go all the way until midnight. All students who want to go are required to wear formal attire. If you are interested in helping set up-“

“KIM!”

Mrs. Bustier froze and focused on the source of the commotion. There was Kim, a huge smirk on his face, and next to him, Chloe, an angry expression on her face, as well as a piece of paper in hand.

“Miss Bourgeois,” Mrs. Bustier coldly appraised Chloe, “just because your father is still in charge of the city doesn’t mean you don’t get to behave-“

“It’s not my fault!” Chloe interrupted. “It’s Kim’s! He gave me this piece of paper. I swear I’m gonna call my daddy and-“

“Miss Bourgeois,” Mrs. Bustier angrily pointed at the door, “go to the principal’s office!”

Chloe stopped. There was nothing she could do. Her eyes fit to burst into crying, she ran out of the room, not looking where she was going.

“Don’t let the door hit you on the way out!” Sabrina’s voice sang cheerily. The entire class burst out into laughing. Never had revenge tasted this sweet. Indeed, the only students who didn’t partake in this mocking, mean-spirited laughter were Alya, Marinette, and Adrien.

“Settle down, settle down,” Mrs. Bustier called to her students, a bit halfheartedly. The class settled down immediately, though a few people snickered, which the teacher chose to ignore. “As I was saying before Miss Bourgeois so rudely interrupted us, the End-of-Year School Dance will be held in the gym next Friday. Anyone who is interested in bringing any refreshments or decorations should contact a Dance Committee member as soon as possible-“

Marinette stopped paying attention after that. She already knew who she was going to the dance with, and nothing was going to stop them from having the most magical moment in their entire lives. After all, it had been two months since Hawk Moth had disappeared in complete and utter defeat. And that meant that there would not have to be any more akuma attacks.

“Um, Earth to Marinette,” Alya waved a hand in front of her face. Marinette snapped out of her daydream. “We have to get moving soon!”

“Oh sorry!” Marinette grinned sheepishly. “It’s just that I couldn’t stop dreaming about going to the dance with Adrien.” Alya shook her head, clearly amused.

“Girl, you amaze me sometimes,” she said. “But have you decided what you will do with your new hero life ahead of you?”

“What do you mean?” Marinette asked, perplexed.

“What Alya is saying,” Tikki said, flying in front of Marinette’s face, “is that now that there are no more akumas to defeat, how will you and Adrien define your new roles as heroes? I mean, there’s more to a superhero’s life than just autographs, interviews, and fame!”

Marinette paused. She never even considered that. What was she going to do? After all, it’s very unlikely that there would be another robbery to foil or another fire to rescue victims from in the coming few days.

“I don’t know, Tikki,” she said uncertainly. “I don’t know.”

Author's Note:

So a former bully tries to make amends for what she did in the past only to be rejected by the ones she used to torment? Where have I seen that before?