• Published 30th May 2017
  • 2,800 Views, 48 Comments

My Little Miraculous Ladybug - MetaLord395



When Twilight and her friends cross the dimensional portal once again, they end up in Paris, France, and meet the superheroes Ladybug and Cat Noir.

  • ...
4
 48
 2,800

A New Adventure

A giant castle overlooked the rest of Ponyville, casting a shadow on the peaceful citizens of the city. In the throne room, six ponies and one dragon were lounging about with nothing to do.

“I’m bored,” cried a lavender unicorn with wings and purple mane with streaks of amethyst and magenta and an image of a purple star surrounded by five stars on her flank. This was Twilight Sparkle, a unicorn-turned-alicorn who hailed from Canterlot and bearer of the Element of Magic. The student of Princess Celestia, Twilight had recently become the princess of Friendship.

“How can be anypony be bored when there’s so much to do here?” replied a pink pony with a messy, hot pink mane and an image of one yellow and two blue balloons on her flank, who was currently stuffing her face with cake. This was Pinkamena Diane “Pinkie” Pie, one of Twilight’s Ponyville friends and the bearer of the Element of Laughter.

“She right,” added a sky-blue pegasus with a rainbow mane, two violet eyes, and an image of a cloud with a red,yellow, and blue lightning bolt on her flank. This was Rainbow Dash, another of Twilight’s Ponyville friends and the Element of Loyalty, who recently became a Wonderbolt. She had an ego the size of the sun, but one would be hard-pressed to find somepony more loyal to her friends than she was. “This place is filled with everything to read!”

“Easy for you to say,” Twilight said. “Hey Applejack, Rarity, did you check to see if the network responded yet?”

An orange pony with a yellow mane, a cowboy hat, an image of three apples on her flank, and green eyes turned to face her; this was Applejack, the Element of Honesty. “Yah said somethin’, sugarcube?”

“Yeah,” Twilight said. “A few days ago, I had Spike deliver a letter to the network asking them to reboot the season finale of one of my favorite shows. The main character’s friends, brother, and mentor walked out on her when she accused her sister-in-law of being involved with an alien invasion. Turns out that the sister-in-law was, in fact, the alien leader, who had the real sister-in-law imprisoned underground. And I felt that the ending was too easily resolved.” She didn’t want to say it, but she still bore a degree of resentment from her friends walking out on her when she needed them the most at her brother’s marriage to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, or Cadence, who was Twilight’s foalsitter.

A white unicorn with a purple mane styled up in a bang was sifting through the mail with her horn. She had purple eyes and an image of three diamonds on her flank; Rarity, the element of generosity. She turned to face Twilight. “Sorry, darling. They haven’t said anything in reply.”

Twilight groaned. “Thanks for putting a damper on my day.” She put her head on the desk. “I’m bored!”

“But you’re reading,” pointed out a butter-yellow pegasus with a pink mane and soft blue eyes, who had an image of three pink butterflies on her flank. This was Fluttershy, the Element of Kindness. She was pointing to a book that was in front of Twilight with her hoof.

“I’ve read this already.” Twilight tossed the book aside. “In fact, I’ve read everything in this library!” She slammed her head down on the desk in frustration.

“Even this one?” asked a new unicorn who was approaching her. This was Starlight Glimmer, a former enemy of Twilight’s who became her pupil in the studies of friendship. She was levitating a book titled “MIRACULOUS LADYBUG VS THE FORCES OF EVIL”.

“Even that one, Starlight,” Twilight replied. “Even that one.”

“What did you think of it?” Rainbow asked, eyeing the book with curiosity.

“It was . . . interesting, to say the least,” Twilight admitted.

Just then, Twilight’s friendship journal buzzed, which Spike noticed.

“You have an incoming message, Twilight,” he pointed out.

“Thank you, Spike,” Twilight said. She opened the book and saw that a new message had been written, by none other than Sunset Shimmer, another enemy-turned-friend of Twilight’s. She read it aloud.

Hey Twilight,

It’s me, your friend Sunset Shimmer. Just wanted to know how your role as the Princess of Friendship is going.

Things here at Canterlot High are the same as always. We just got back from a trip to Camp Everfree. And boy was it a doozy! We had to fight off an ancient forest spirit named Gaea Everfree and save the camp from getting shut down. Wish you could have been there!

Listen, if it isn’t too much to ask, you wouldn’t mind come visiting me back in this dimension, do you? I know you’re busy, but I
would like to talk to you so we can catch up on what we’ve been doing. Looking forward to hearing your response!

Yours,

Sunset

Twilight paused. Should she go over to the human world and meet up with Sunset? She looked back at her friends, and they stared back at her, waiting for her response.

“You know what,” Twilight said, “we should visit her. After all, we haven’t had any friendship problems to solve anywhere in Equestria, so I don’t see why not.”

“But darling,” Rarity spoke up, “the last time we met, she stole your crown and took it to another dimension!”

“Not to mention that it’s been a while since Chrysalis attacked,” Starlight added. “What if she decides to strike again?”

“And then there’s the fact that somepony has to take care of our pets while we’re away,” Rainbow Dash pointed out.

Twilight paused to consider. After a while, she seemed to have come to a decision. “Spike, take a letter to the Princess.” Her assistant took a piece of parchment and started writing down everything she was saying.

“‘Dear Princess Celestia, recently Sunset Shimmer has contacted me and asked if I could go back into the human world. As there have not been any friendship problems to solve lately, I would like to know if I can visit her for a few days. If Chrysalis indeed plans to seek revenge, be sure to alert us so that we can return immediately. Yours, Twilight Sparkle.’”

The letter being finished, Spike breathed fire onto the parchment, sending it on its way to the princess. With that taken care of,
Twilight turned to Starlight. “You wouldn’t mind taking care of a few pets, do you, Starlight?”

“Not at all,” Starlight said. “Why do you ask?”

“Because we’re going to need you to take care of Owlowiscious, Tank, Angel, and Gummy,” Pinkie Pie said. “Also, if you don’t mind-“

She never got to finish her sentence, because just then Spike burped up a letter. He unraveled it and showed it to Twilight. “She
responded,” he said simply. Twilight unfolded the letter and read it aloud.

My dearest Twilight,

I feel that going between the dimensions is highly inadvisable at this time, what with the possibility of upsetting the balance between the two worlds and the fact that Chrysalis is still at large. However, if indeed you have no friendship problems to solve at this very moment, then your request for a few days’ vacation will be granted , provided, of course that you agree to stay under the supervision of the guardian that I will send to you. In the meantime, I will alert Cadence, Shining Armor, and Thorax, so that
all of Equestria will remain on the alert. I wish you girls a safe vacation.

Yours,

Princess Celestia

“A guardian?” Rainbow Dash asked, confused. “Who could that be?”

“Take a wild guess,” said a familiar, snide voice. The ponies turned around to see that a familiar face was staring back at them, smiling smugly.

“Discord?” Rainbow Dash asked in disbelief. “You’re our guardian?”

“Who else?” the draconequus said.

Rainbow groaned softly. “Can’t Shining Armor and Cadence come with us?”

“They’re the Crystal Empire monarchs, Rainbow Dash,” Starlight pointed out. “Not to mention that they have Flurry Heart to look after. I think it’s safe to say that they have their hooves full.”

“Well, what about Thorax? Or Trixie? Or you, for that matter?” Applejack argued to Starlight.

“Well, Thorax is probably busy teaching his newly-reformed hive all about friendship and such, and I don’t know about Trixie,” Twilight said.

“And besides, I promised to take care of all your pets,” Starlight added. “Although I will say that I’m probably not as good as Fluttershy. It’ll give me something to keep me busy while you’re away. Not to mention give me time to read that . . . story I showed to you earlier.”

“Besides,” Fluttershy added, “he was one of the ones who rescued us from Chrysalis not long ago.”

Discord looked at her gratefully. “See? Now here’s somepony who’s appreciated what I’ve done for this team! I suggest the rest of you take a leaf out of her book.”

“Okay then, I guess,” Applejack conceded. “You can come.”

“Ooh! Splendid!” Discord squeed. He teleported next to the ponies, wearing a centurion helmet. “I’ve always wanted to see what the other world looks like! Who knows, I might be able to cause a little mischief there!”

“Discord,” Fluttershy warned. He put up both hands in surrender, smiling weakly.

“It’s settled, then,” Twilight said at last. “Now we just have to get the pets ready for Starlight.”

“Already taken care of,” came Pinkie Pie’s voice. The pink pony had already gotten the pets ready. “Now . . .” She rummaged for something through her messy mane, finally taking out what appeared to be a schedule. “Here are their feeding times, along with what they can and can’t have. Their first feeding is a few hours from now. Clear?”

“Understood,” Starlight nodded.

“All here are some books for light reading,” Twilight said, levitating a pair of backpacks onto her back, “in case anypony gets bored over there.” Rainbow snorted in amusement. She doubted that Twilight’s reading would be anything but light.

“Ready, everypony?” Discord asked. “Here we gooooooooooo!” Holding both the ponies and Spike, the chaos spirit jumped through the crystal mirror in the throne room. Soon, only the sounds of the pets and the clock ticking were the things that could be heard in the room.

Starlight looked at the Miraculous Ladybug book, wondering what the story was about. Oh well, feeding wasn’t for another few hours. She opened the book and started reading.

Author's Note:

Uh oh. Twilight's still angry at her friends? :pinkiegasp: Why do I get the feeling this will not end well for them?