• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 2,360 Views, 115 Comments

For All That We Have Lost - Darkswirl



Stories of our favorite ponies and their passings.

  • ...
12
 115
 2,360

Moonshine, Eternal

Princess Luna, Queen of the Night.

No, she isn't dead, but someone she was very close to is.

Somepony very special to her.

Somepony that she hasn't told any other pony about before she learned what I was doing with this.

-

"Sister, do not make me do this." Celestia threatened, her horn flaring and spitting off beams of golden magic.

"Ahahahaha! Just try it, Sun Queen! Your powers are no match for mine since you no longer control the Elements of Harmony!" Nightmare Moon shot back, charging her own dark magic.

Letting a tear run down her snout, Celestia let forth her powerful magic, which wrapped itself around her evil sister and suddenly shot towards the moon.

Little did Celestia know that shortly before her dear sister changed into that horrible mare did she mate with a stallion; and started carrying a young foal.

-

"No! This cannot be! My...My magic was superior!" Nightmare Moon screamed as she threw her hooves into the ground.

"My world...My home...Our home..." she corrected herself to add her beautiful, undeveloped foal.

"We shall have our revenge..." Nightmare Moon declared coldly.

-

As time went on, Nightmare Moon had managed to chart out her prison; dragging her hooves in the sandy rock to guide her to suitable birth places and living quarters.

Eventually, she realized she was ready to birth.

Safely hurrying along a large line, she eventually came to the crater she had deemed perfect for her little foal.

"Be still, my darling, you shall soon be free from my body. With our powers combined, we will return to Equestria and rule the night forever!" Nightmare Moon exclaimed in an evil laugh.

Soon... she thought. Soon...

-

"No, breathe! Please, please breathe!" Nightmare Moon cried as she stood over the newborn filly.

"Take my breathe, Celestia made me able to breathe so I could stay trapped here!" she continued, wailing as she pressed her snout against her daughters; pushing her air into the limp body.

"T-There you go, good girl...No. No, it can't already be gone! That air was supposed to last for so much longer!" the anguished mother screamed, tears pouring from her eyes.

"Celestia, send some air! Can you not see that she is suffocating?!" Nightmare Moon screamed at the green and blue planet.

But it was too late.

It was too far.

"No one will ever take your spirit from me, my darling...I will find a way to bring you back..."

Luna spent the next nine hundred and fifty eight years of her banishment standing over her child as her eyes burned into the planet she had once called home, searching for the pony she had once called sister.