• Published 24th Jun 2017
  • 4,534 Views, 18 Comments

Flurry of the Future - Horizon Spark



A teenage Alicorn mare who claims to be Flurry Heart from fifteen years into the future pays Twilight a small visit into her castle.

  • ...
1
 18
 4,534

Epilogue

FWOOSH!!!

The light in the room flashed a brilliant gold as Flurry appeared right back in her own room. Looking around she noticed that she was right back where she was, and that she came back in one piece. "Good to see coming back works just as well." Flurry said to herself.

RING! RING! RING!

"The communication crystal?" Flurry asked herself as she pulled out the glowing object out her saddle bags. "Who could that be this early?"

She walked towards the device and pressed one of it's buttons. The crystals pointed to the center and shot out small lasers towards the large crystal which formed a small holographic image up in the air. In the image, Flurry could see a Unicorn stallion and a Alicorn mare appear together. "Good morning mom and dad. Is it time already for today's lessons?"

The couple looked back at eachother and smiled. "What are you talking about honey?" King Armor asked. "I thought we told you yesterday we were taking a break from all the lessons this week."

"I'm sorry?"

Queen Cadence laughed. "Don't you remember silly? You, me, and your father are all going on a camping trip with your other Aunties and Uncles to the Rainbow Falls. They're even bringing their kids so it's gonna be one big family getaway."

"Your mother and I are still packing up, I suggest you do the same thing. Better hurry up though or Uncle Spike and I will be eating all of Auntie Twilight's pancakes without you."

"Hey! Ladies first Armor!"

The communication was cut short when Flurry pressed the off button turning the crystal communicator back to standby mode. Flurry looked at the device in utter confusion. "What the heck was that all about? Before I left they said I was scheduled for rigorous magic training and studying of the Canterlot customaries. What did they just changed their minds or did they...?"

Suddenly Flurry looked into her vanity mirror and saw three plushies sitting together. A moment later she gave herself a laugh as she made her way to her closet. Floating out a suitcase, she quickly packed several of her nicest clothes and belongings and closed it. She made her way downstairs as a thought lingered in her mind.

I guess this isn't anything to worry about. After all, knowing everything about what's gonna happen next is just boring.

Author's Note:

Well this certainly took longer than I hoped for. This was rather tricky to write for me, especially since I really wanted to make this close enough to the as I could. Took me weeks to think of ideas and the story for Flurry, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I always wanted a Flurry Heart episode where an older version of her travels back in time and causes all sorts of shenanigans to the Mane 6. I imagined she would grow up to be a cheeky troublemaker with a bit of an ego. However she is overall kind, sincere, caring and disciplined when it comes to those she sees as family. Even if they aren't really related.

Maybe someday we'll get that episode. Until then thank you for reading, tell me what you think, and I'll see you next time. Hopefully sooner than this one.

Comments ( 12 )

nice would make an awesome episode

8253621

Yeah it would have, also it's too bad that Sunset didn't get a chance to see Teen Flurry Heart, if she came through the mirror and saw her they could have gotten to talk about a lot of stuff I bet.

This wasn't a bad story, that being said you'd benefit from using an editor, figuring out how to manage your pacing, and scrutinizing your characters dialogue a bit more(it was a bit jumpy and character interaction didn't feel natural at several points.) Other than that, keep it up, you'll get better the more you stick to it.

8255290
Yes...yes I have...

This is a very good one-shot.

8253795
Thanks for the advice. Yeah the dialogue was the hard part for me since I had trouble making it natural. As for the pacing that was just me trying to get this done as soon as I can, not thinking about how it might disrupt the pacing. But thanks for the criticism and the small bit of praise, I need more of that if I want to be a great story writer.

D'aaaaaaaw

sequel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage:

First off I did enjoy this. It was cute seeing Flurry Heart interacting with the 'past' ponies, and I can totally see her acting that way in the future. I just kinda wish she hinted a bit more at relationships. Like maybe letting it slip to Starlight or Twilight that Spike and Rarity are an item.

I also do feel it's a bit strange she divulges so much of the future to them. One problem with time travel is if you let people know certain things are going to happen, their knowing about it can cause it not to happen.

Last of all, I kinda subconsciously do this to all stories I read. I noticed a few mistakes:

“You should’ve told me that Flurry Heart was coming from the future. I would’ve plan some kind of time traveler party for Flurry,

Planned

Flurry Heart shook her head and gave a small smile. “There’s no evil conquering villain taking over or ab a future in ruins

or ab? Not sure what you were going for there.

I was just the small filly still learning about the world. I would play games with mom and dad, learn cool spell from Uncle Sunburst

cool spellS. Plural.
(learn cool spells from your hus- I mean Uncle Sunburst. XD)

You don’t have responsibilities like I do. You’re not expected to one day lead country without a choice in the matter.

lead A country

After gathering her things she used her horn she aimed a small laser to the floor

Needs rewording. 'used her horn to aim a small laser' maybe?

"And don't worry about your future honey, we me an your mother will have everything taken care of."

Probably not the best way to phrase that. "your mother and the rest of us" or something like that might sound better.

There are places that probably need commas too, but I'm not the best editor. ^^;

Hey every one I need to ask a favor,
I don't know if this is just me or sometimes I've noticed the site keeps certain stories in your face and even if you know what to look for you won't find it.
Well this has been me for months but I read a story similar to this where the princesses have been killed by assassins and after the story takes place thousands of years later the tribes have split up and formed a unicorn high council,a earth pony kingdom, and pegasi have escaped into the clouds and during a backstory arch the descendants of the mane six tried to keep everyone together in ponyville, but the others didn't listen and it was destroyed thousands of years before the main part of the story then we come to a earth pony couple hiding in a tent about to have a baby and are being hunted down by unicorns. So right as they burst into the tent and try to take the new filly, who turns out to be an alicorn, she reacts and blows them away with a burst of power, then the story goes on the her life and trying to find out why she is an alicorn. It was a really good story but it's been forever since I've read it and I would really appreciate some help if you've heard of it. THANK YOU!

she chnaged the future

Login or register to comment