• Published 29th May 2017
  • 2,625 Views, 28 Comments

The White Paladin - Alpha777



The Lone Wanderer in Winterized T51 enters Equestria

  • ...
3
 28
 2,625

Chapter 3 - Welcome to Ponyville (Part 1)

Chapter 3 - Welcome to Ponyville (Part 1)

As Fluttershy was leading Joshua to Ponyville, she was deep in thought. 'I never thought this day would end up like this. Meeting Joshua in the Everfree Forest, then discovering that he can bond with animals like I can. But where did he come from? Sure, he came from that portal, but-'

Her thought was interrupted by Joshua asking, "Hey. Is there something wrong, Miss Fluttershy?"

"Oh! Sorry. I was deep in thought, Joshua. Also, you can just call me Fluttershy." she replied back.

"Oh, okay." he replied.

As they both started to get near the farm, Fluttershy said, "Here is our first stop, Joshua. Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres. My friend, Applejack, owns this farm."

Joshua nods as he thought, 'Ah, so it's an apple farm. I read about those in those prewar books I have back home.'

Then they both enter the farm and made their way towards the farmhouse. Joshua started to notice some people up ahead. The first was a young kid with amber colored eyes, a shade of red hair, lighter shade of red colored bow on her head, light yellow shirt, jean shorts, and boots. The second was an older girl, probably the same age as Fluttershy, with blond hair in a ponytail, green eyes, wearing a light brown stetson hat, light orange plaid button-up shirt with three red apples design on it, along with a white undershirt, blue jeans, and cowboy boots. The third was a big guy with short darker shade of blonde, with green eyes as well, wearing a red plaid button-up shirt with a green apple design, along with a white undershirt, work gloves, jeans, and work boots. The fourth was sitting on a rocking chair on the porch of the farmhouse. She was an elder and was wearing the typical outfit that old farm people would wear, though a part of it had apple designs on it and another had an... apple pie design?

Joshua thought to himself, 'Wow! This family is really dedicated to their apples.'

The Fluttershy started to wave at them and yelled out, "Hey! Applejack!"

The one with the stetson hat turned their way and waved back. Then Applejack and the other two came up to them.

"Hey Fluttershy! How are ya?" Applejack asked before she turned towards Joshua. "An' who's this 'ere big fella?"

Before Fluttershy could answer, the kid gasped, "Wow! Is tha' a robot!? Where did ya fin' it?!"

Applejack replied to her, "Applebloom! Calm yerself."

"Sorry sis." Applebloom replied.

Joshua just chuckleed at the sight as Fluttershy replied, "This is Joshua. I found him appear from some vortex while I was getting medicine from Zecora's place. He asked me to lead him out of the forest, and I thought it would be nice if I show him around town."

That got Applejack's attention. Joshua guessed that vortexs and portals are kinda rare. Applejack replied, "A vortex, ya say?"

Then Applejack turned towards Joshua and extended her hand towards him, saying, "In any case, it's nice ta meet ya, Joshua, I'm Applejack."

Joshua shook her hand and replied, "It's nice to meet you, miss."

She waved off as she said, "Jus' call me Applejack." The she pointed to the kid, Applebloom.

"This 'ere is ma little sis', Applebloom..." said person waved as she smiled. Joshua, while a Kid at Heart, waved back as Applejack continued as she then pointed to the large guy, "This is our big brother, Macintosh..."

Mac just nodded his head and Joshua did the same as Applejack pointed out towards the sleeping elder on the porch, "and that is our granny, Granny Smith."

And before anyone else could reply, there was a shout from someone, "HEY! WATCH OUT!" and then a rainbow blur came out of nowhere and slamed into Joshua, except only he stood there like an unbreakable brick wall and the only person who got injured was a rainbow-hair girl with strong dark pink eyes, who was also the same age to both Fluttershy and Applejack. She wore a light blue hoodie jacket with a thundercloud and a multi-color lightning on the left side, a white t-shirt, ripped up jeans, black fingerless gloves, aviator sunglasses, and light blue tennis shoes. She also appear to have light blue feathered wings on her back, similar to Fluttershy's. She was on the ground in a dazed look on her face, or as Joshua like to put it, 'seeing stars'.

Then Fluttershy ran up and asked her,"Rainbow Dash! Are you alright?"

Rainbow Dash replied back, "Y-yeah. I just feel like I just crashed into a solid metal wall is all."

Then Applejack cut in, "Well Dash, ya did ram into Joshua here." as she pointed to the said person.

Dash then shook her head out of the daze, stands up, and asked, "Wait, who-" but stopped as she saw Joshua.

Her eyes widen just by his size, by only for a few seconds. Then she walked up to him, inspecting him. Then Dash knocked on his armor, around his chest piece, making a metal sound. After a few seconds of silence, Dash finally said, "Yep! I definetly crashed into him. The metal says it all."

Then Fluttershy cut in, "Rainbow Dash, this is Joshua. He's new here."

Applejack cutted in, "And appeared from a vortex in the Everfree."

Fluttershy nodded as Dash looked up at them and asked, "A vortex? In the Everfree?"

They both nodded in response. Dash then said, "Well, that's good, because Twilight said some energy surge that popped up in the middle of the day and send me here to get you guys. So if you found him from there, then that saves us the trouble from looking into it."

Applejack replied, "Well we should see Twilight then." then turned to her big brother and little sister and said, "You guys go on an' keep workin'. I'll come back later, okay?"

They both nodded and headed back to work and both Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Joshua head to town to meet Twilight.

To be Continued...

Author's Note:

First off, with the Kid at Heart thing, that's also a perk in Fallout 3, and you should know that perk helps.

Also, I hope you enjoy!:twilightsmile: