• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 6,176 Views, 336 Comments

Nocturnality - Kotushk Fier



Just a romantic story between the Night Princess and an OC.

  • ...
11
 336
 6,176

Royal Treatment

I watched as Berry turned to return into her house, contemplating my current situation. I was quickly making friends here in this small town, which was new for someone like me. I was turning around to head back into town, ready to continue my work, when I heard a malicious voice speak up behind me.

"We've been watching you since you showed up in town. Already you're hanging out with drunks and strange ponies. Do you have so few friends that you have to stoop so low?"

I looked up and saw a dark blue Earth pony stallion standing in front of me, with a violet mane and tail. His ice blue eyes were staring directly into mine, giving me chills. Two more Earth ponies flanked him, also staring at me with dislike. The mare on his left was olive green with orange eyes, tail, and mane, whereas the colt on his right was dark grey with a white mane and tail, along with purple eyes.

"And who are you to judge me?

"Would you listen to him? He sounds like one of those uppity snobs from Canterlot. I think we should welcome him to Ponyville, personally," the mare said, snickering to her companions.

They began to advance on me slowly, until the sky began to darken. Ominous clouds rose from thin air, and I gasped as Princess Luna appeared in front of me. I could tell immediately that it was merely an astral projection, but the three ponies in front of me hesitated.

"If you three dare to touch my advisor, you will be met swiftly by Canterlot Guard. Touching him is tantamount to touching me, and his business in town is important. Begone!"

The three ponies in front of me gave me one last glare before turning and galloping away. Sigh, I just got the equivalent of my mommy coming to school to save me from bullies...

"Oh dear, is that so? I apologize. On the other hand, getting your flank kicked and being unable to perform your duties is just intolerable right now."

I looked up to see a grinning Luna, holding her magic prayer orb. Great, right now she can probably hear all my thoughts. This is abuse of power. Bah!

"Oh, I'm sorry Novalis, I'll stop. I was wanting to have a little fun, but saw you were in trouble."

I saw the orb disappear from her grasp, and sighed.

"Yes, but now my business in Ponyville may be impeded by them."

"Not if they fear me as much as you claim."

This was true...

"Anyways, Novalis, I'm here to see if you got my message yet? I left it in your school bag the other night."

Wait. A message. From Princess Luna. That I didn't read? What if it was important?! I mentally bucked myself.

"Uhm, no, Princess. I haven't."

"That's OK. Just give me an answer later, after everything is set up for the procession."

I nodded as the projection faded away. Looking down at my map, I noticed that I was actually halfway done. The other two ponies I was scheduled to meet were even in the same place. I made my way through town again, avoiding any accidents by bumping into vendors. Soon I found myself standing in front of a cream colored building with two fuschia peaks. There was an image of a cream colored pony with an orange mane and tail, which were billowing in a way vaguely resembling Princess Celestia's. A sign on the door proclaimed this building to offer spa services. If I walked in there... For shame...

I grumbled under my breath about embarrassments and shame as I pushed the door open, causing a small bell to tinkle and announce my arrival to the owners, who showed up at the same time. Standing before me were two pretty mares, twins by the look of it. One was pink with a light blue mane and tail, along with ocean blue eyes. Her sister, if I was to judge, had the same eyes and was the same shade of blue as her sister's mane, with her sister's shade of pink for her own mane. Bah, I think I mentally twisted my tongue. They gave me a looking over, tsking at my worn and disheveled appearance. Not even giving me time to speak, they both spoke at the same time.

"Look sister, if anyone needs our services, it would be him."

"Yes, I do agree, sister. He is sorely in need of a makeover."

"Should we give him traditional treatment?"

"Really, sister, look at him. He might need Rarity's treatment."

"I confess that I agree, dear sister."

Uhm, what? Oh wait. NO!

"Excuse me, ma'ams, but I'm not here for any treatment. My name is Novalis, and I'm here because tomorrow you're supposed to be in charge of..." I looked down at my map before continuing. "Royal treatment?"

"Oh. It seems that we are being checked for preparation."

"Fear not, stranger, we are always prepared."

"In fact, since you need treatment yourself..."

"We shall give you a courtesy treatment showing our talents."

No no no. Buck no. Nuh uh. No way. No spa for me. Buck that!

I turned and attempted to run out of the spa, but I was too late. The pink one caught me in a surprisingly strong grip, dragging me into the bowels of torment. The blue one kept a constant stream of chatter, explaining different services such as exfoliation, skin rejuvenation, horn filing, and... *shudder*... pedicures.

I soon tired myself out trying to escape, and shortly after was dumped into a sauna. The blue pony immediately set steam roiling in the room, and without much time I was sweating profusely. They made sure I didn't escape, blocking the doors and chattering about the beneficial effects of a sauna.

After I had seemingly sweat myself dry, they dragged me out and placed me into a lawn chair, covering my face in sticky green goo at the same time. With two cucumbers over my eyes, this part was apparently complete. I didn't dare try to run anymore, and they continued educating me on the health boosts I was currently receiving. Finishing this ordeal thirty minutes later, they took me to a table and began to file my horn.

I watched as years of caked on grime and dead cells fell from my horn, listening to them ramble on. I was beginning to get used to this. And I admit, it wasn't that bad... Finishing my horn filing, the blue one began to massage my back, drumming over me with practiced ease. I could feel knots I never knew about easing away. Almost done with me now, according to them, they wrapped me in what seemed like seaweed, before dumping me into a tub of mud.

Here they began to explain different ways the mud helped, but I could only think about my mother yelling at me about playing in it. My final treatment was a simple hoofbath, followed by a pedicure. I was leery about my hooves being touched, but I didn't have a choice.

When they were through with me, they propped me in front of a mirror. I noticed immediately that my coat was shinier, and my hair had lost all of its tangles. My hooves and horn were polished almost to mirrors as well. I even looked a couple years younger. Wow.

Turning back to them, I gave them a deep bow.

"Well, ladies, this is certainly not as bad as I expected. I compliment you on your skills, and know the Princess will enjoy herself as well. One last thing, though, simply for my curiosity. I have two names, Aloe, and Lotus, but no idea which one of you is which. Please clarify this for me for the future."

The pink one spoke first, "My name is Aloe."

"And of course, I am Lotus," the blue one said.

Thanking them once more, I turned to the spa doors, walking out and past a pristinely white unicorn.

"Oh, Miss Rarity, are you done with your own preparations?"

"That unicorn you passed just received treatment testing our preparations."

Rarity, huh? So that's who ordered that treatment often. I wonder what her 'preparations' are for...

Author's Note:

A/N: I hope this chapter is OK. I'm unsure about it right now. But still, I hope you enjoy it, and as always, brohoof on y'all and have a great day.