• Published 29th May 2017
  • 1,854 Views, 39 Comments

World War FIM: The Summer of Dejection - IronCaptain19



When a creature discovers a spell-mimicking device, the Mane 6 are powerless against him. He flees onto Earth with a plan to take over a realm with no magical resistance. The Mane 6 must face challenges as the world goes into a great panic.

  • ...
2
 39
 1,854

Chapter 6: Alternative Energy


May 31, 2017

Punta Gorda Natural Reserve, Nicaragua

Spiror gazed at the horizon as the sun rose and lit the land.

"Soon...soon this will be all mine." Spiror said while watching the sunrise.

"Spiror! We have a problem!" A guard yelled to him. Spiror got up and walked to his machine.

"What seems to be the problem?" He asked.

"The machine seems to have run out of power." The guard said.

"What? How?" Spiror asked.

"We've been drawing power from the batteries in the cargo on board and well, it ran out." The guard answered.

"But, but, it's okay though right? Can't you just use your magic to power it up?" The guard asked.

"No, I can't, don't you see? This world doesn't have magic and eventually I will run out so I conserve it." Spiror explained.

"But the ponies used magic here and they're just fine." The guard said.

"Ha, they use the magic of friendship, that is almost non-existent in this world, they'll run out just, faster." Spiror said.

"But what about you?"

"I'll run out but it will take a long time because of the lack a friendship in this world. Well until this is finished." Spiror replied.

"So how do we fix the machine then?"

"We need to find a power source that is reliable."

"How about the sun?" The guard wondered.

"Do you see any solar panels around here? No? That's what I thought." Spiror said.

"Well this ship uses oil for the engines, maybe use that?" The guard suggested.

"Nah, let's find a bigger source." Spiror said as he climbed the latter onto the ship. Spiror ran to the bridge and began to search.

"What are you looking for?" The guard asked.

"A map and an encyclopedia." Spiror said as he searched through the storage of the bridge.

"Hey, is this it?" The guard said as he pulled up a big book. Spiror ran over and looked at the book that said "World Book N-O"

"Bingo! We got it! Keep looking for a map while I read this." Spiror said as he flipped through the book. He stopped on the "Oil" page.

"Oil, blah blah blah, here it is!" Spiror said as he began to read.

"Oil production is common in North America, especially in the United States." Oh no no that won't do I've already been there." Spiror said as he looked for oil elsewhere.

"The North Sea holds most of the remainder of the large oil reserves held by The United Kingdom and Norway. For Norway, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate gives a figure of 4,601 million cubic meters of oil (corresponding to 29 billion barrels) for the Norwegian and North Sea alone."

"I found the map!" The guard said while holding up the map. Spiror layed it on the table and began to search for the North Sea.

"There! Chart a course for the North Sea!" Spiror said.

"Sir, but look at the distance from here to there, that could take weeks." The guard said.

"I can handle this." Spiror began to pull out his magical extractor.

"I'll use the teleportation magic from Discord but I only have enough to shorten the trip, we can't get there instantly." Spiror explained to him.

"What do you want me to do?" The guard asked.

"Stay here with your buddies and guard the machine, hopefully I'll be back soon." Spiror ordered.

"Yes sir!" The guard said as he left.

"Let's go." Spiror said as he pulled away from shore.

Washington, DC, United States

The president sat at his desk doing paperwork struggling to focus. He signed a paper with only his first name before dropping the pen.

"I can't do this." The President said as he covered his face with his hands.

"What went wrong? Who's Spiror? What does he want?" The President thought to himself before an advisor walked in the room.

"Sir, President Ortega of Nicaragua is on the line." The advisor said.

"Yeah, thanks I'll get it." The President said as the advisor shut the door. The President picked up the phone.

"Hello?" The President said.

"Ah, Mr. President of the United States." President Ortega said.

"May I help you? Is something wrong?" The US President asked.

"Yeah, you can help me by telling me why your men were on my land." President Ortega said in an upset tone.

"What?" The President asked shocked.

"We may be a poor country, but we're not stupid, we have radar." President Ortega answered.

"Sir, I can't tell you that, it's classified." The President said.

"Ha ha! aaaaaaah the United States, a country that is so big and powerful that they think they can walk onto anyone's land if they feel like it." President Ortega said.

"Sir you don't understand we can't tell you." The President said.

"You know we have good ties with Russia right? Like you? Ha ha ha ha, just kidding, about you. If you don't tell me why your men were on our land, then I'll tell Russia, and you don't want them involved especially after that Syria Incident." President Ortega said.

"Ok, here is what I can tell you, terrorists that attacked our country had a base in your country and we were just investigating." The President said.

"You know what inspires me? Your 16th President Abraham Lincoln, so loyal to his country, stood with his men during rough times and yet, he didn't tell a lie. Sir, you are the opposite of that." President Ortega said.

"Excuse me?" The President asked.

"Goodbye, Mr. President." President Ortega said as he hung up the phone.


Orlando, Florida, United States


"Hey, guys I'm back from work! Sam said as he closed the front door behind him.

"Hey Sam! What's that?" Twilight said as she pointed at a bag he was holding.

"Oh, Taco Bell." Sam answered.

"Ooooh sounds yummy." Pinkie Pie said.

"It is but everyone seems to hate it, but eh I like it. So what have you been up to?" Sam asked.

"Well just pondering on what to do, there's not much we can do." Twilight said disappointedly.

"Yeah? Why is that?" Sam asked.

"Well, we have no idea where he is, I mean he could be anywhere!" Twilight said.

"Well don't worry, if Spiror was behind that attack, the government will find him." Sam assured Twilight.

"You don't understand, he's magical and only we can defeat him. If the United States finds him, will you take us to him?" Twilight asked.

"Well, it depends, by the time the public knows of his location that area would be crawling with Agents." Sam said.

"I just wish Starlight was here to help us." Twilight said sadly.

"Who's that?" Sam asked.

"Oh, it's another friend of ours, she is really helpful. I miss her so much, she could have helped us." Twilight said.

"Don't worry, everything will be okay." Sam said as he sat at the table pulling food out of the bag.

"Yum yum." He said as he pulled out a Quesadilla.

"Oh no." Twilight said.

"What's wrong?" Sam said as he ate.

"Oh oh I'm fine, just, eeeeeee, so....cheesy." Twilight said creeped out.

"You know what, I'll just stand over here." Twilight said as she walked to the living room.

June 1, 2017

Off the Coast of Stavanger, Norway

On board an oil rig people were having lunch.

"Hei Jon, Fikk du se angrepet i Amerika?" A man said.

"Jo, veldig rart det." Jon replied.

"Jeg håper de faar fastsette det snart.." The First man said.

Spiror sailed up to the oil rig.

"Okay, let's take control." Spiror said as he jumped to the top.

"Gotta conserve magic." Spiror said as he walked on the Oil Rig.

"Hei! Du! Du faar ikke være her du!" A man yelled as he saw Spiror's shadow.

"What? I don't understand." Spiror said sarcastically as he went up to the man and grabbed him.

"Goodbye." Spiror said to him.

"Gå til helvete!" The man said before being thrown off the rig.

"Now where is that command center?" Spiror said as he went searching.

"Hva skjer?" A man said surprised before being punched and thrown off by Spiror.

"Aha! Looks like there will be no need for the command center." Spiror said as he found barrels of oil.

"Ok gotta use some magic." He said as he used his magic to load the Barrels onto the ship. One of the men on board noticed him and hid. He quickly pulled out his phone and took a picture. He put the picture in a text message reading "Se her! Er denne utlendingen ekte?! (See here! Is this really the alien?)". Spiror noticed the man and shot a beam at him.

The phone fell and said "Delivered" before falling into the ocean.

"All loaded up, time to head back." Spiror said as he sailed off.