• Published 27th May 2017
  • 2,964 Views, 140 Comments

Technological Wonders - currentlemon



As an experiment, Twilight Sparkle worked with her counterpart and Sunset Shimmer to bring technology over to Equestria. After weeks of hard work, Twilight had set up her own computer inside her castle, ready to share it among her friends

  • ...
12
 140
 2,964

Chapter 3

Starlight waited in anticipation as Princess Twilight’s computer monitor flashed a white color. She, like the rest of the girls, were excited to meet Sunset Shimmer and the other counterparts to ‘magically’ show up. The mare frowned. If the Princess heard her say that, she’d probably lecture her that this device wasn’t magic.

Of course, she knew this to be true. Twilight’s machine didn’t output any magical energies whatsoever. If it did, then she would have known from the start. But how did these humans come up with something like this when they had no magical talents to begin with? It was a question she wanted to ask her mentor, but she wasn’t keen on teaching anypony about it just yet.

Starlight sighed. Perhaps at a latter time, when all these ponies are gone, she can ask her mentor about how this thing works. For now, she’ll just wait with the others.

Looking at the monitor again, Starlight and the rest of the girls found themselves disappointed when the screen went from white to pitch black again. “What the hay, Twilight?” said Rainbow Dash, who was starting to grow impatient. “I thought you said we’d be meeting ourselves by now!”

“Be patient, Rainbow,” replied Twilight. “You’ll see your counterpart soon, I promise.”

Suddenly, the screen flashed again, revealing a decorated room and some strange creature. She had yellow skin, teal eyes, and a bi-colored red and yellow mane. Definitely not a pony in Starlight’s eyes. “Wow,” said the strange looking girl. “So, that’s what the girls would look like if they were ponies.”

Twilight raised an eyebrow. “Didn’t you meet my friends at the Crystal Empire already, Sunset?” she asked.

“Getting your crown was my first priority, Twilight. Besides, the hallways were completely dark. I couldn’t see anypony else.”

“Fair point.”

“Uh, Twilight. I hate to interrupt, but do you mind telling us who or what this thing is?” asked Starlight.

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Hey, this thing has a name, you know! And just to be clear, I was a pony like you before I turned into a human!”

“Take it easy, Sunset,” replied Twilight. “Starlight hasn’t seen a fully fledge human till now, so her reaction is expected.”

Sunset’s eyes widened. “Wait, Starlight? Did you say that was the name of your student?” The Princess nodded. “Wow talk about getting off on the wrong foot. But I guess it shouldn’t really matter now.”

Applejack raised a brow. “Wait an apple pickin’ minute. So, yer that Sunset Shimmer girl Twi’s been talking about?”

The human girl nodded. “That’s correct! It’s nice to finally meet you, pony Applejack.”

“Pleasure’s all mine, Sunset. It’s ‘bout time we finally meet ya.” She paused. “Pony Applejack, huh? Not once in mah life did Ah ever think Ah’d be called that.”

“Well, you’re gonna have to get used to it. If you girls are going to be talking with your counterparts every now and then, we gotta come up with some nicknames,” replied a smiling Sunset Shimmer. “Speaking of AJ, she’ll be running a bit late. But don’t worry. She and the other girls will be online at any minute.”

“What about the other girls?” asked Twilight.

“They all went home and will be joining us shortly. Well, all except for one. She just so happened to come home with me at my apartment.”

“Who did?”

“Surprise!”

The girls all jumped at the sudden appearance of another girl on the screen. She was much more hyperactive than Sunset, but in a more nostalgic yet eerie sort of way. It was then that the girls caught sight of the girl’s features: bright blue eyes with fluffy pink hair and skin.

Upon seeing her, the girls all shuddered at once. Except for Pinkie Pie that is. Her eyes were completely glued at her other self. “Oh my gosh! It’s another me!” cried out the party pony. “Hi, other me!”

“Hi, pony Pinkie!” greeted the human Pinkie as she and her pony faceplanted their heads onto the monitor screens.

“Pinkie don’t plant your face against the monitor screen like that! You’re going to damage the hardware!” cried Twilight.

While the Princess attempted to pull the party pony away from screen, her friends were discussing—and quivering—about the appearance of the other Pinkie Pie. “Oh, sweet Celestia. Not another one,” said Rarity.

Her displeasure of the second Pinkie caused Starlight to gawk at her. “Wow, Rarity. I didn’t think you’d view your own friend in such a negative light.”

Rarity stared back and gave Starlight an angry look. “Don’t get me wrong, Starlight. I am happy for her and the other Pinkie. But you have to understand, there’s only so much we can tolerate when it comes to her… behavior.”

“Rare is right,” replied Applejack. “Don’t get the wrong idea, Starlight, Pinkie is still our friend and we love her very much. But that don’t mean there were times when she acted out of line. If yer gonna be a good friend, then ya have to honest when yer own friends are actin’ too far. Seein’ two Pinkies sorta just ruffled up some bad memories, that’s all.”

“Yeah, no kiddin’,” replied Rainbow Dash. “Remember that time when she cloned herself with the mirror pool a few months back?”

“P-please don’t remind me,” said Fluttershy.

“I… I see. Well, I guess even the most passionate friendships can have direct flaws at times,” Starlight said solemnly as her lips curled into a frown. “But, what does that make me?”

“Excuse me, did you say something, Starlight?” asked Rarity.

“Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about how we can help Twilight pull Pinkie away from the screen!” stammered Starlight, who quickly shifted the topic toward the still hyperactive party pony. “Do you need help, Twilight?”

“No need to worry, Starlight,” replied the Princess as she finally managed to pull her friend away from the computer monitor. “I got everything under control.”

“Aw, you don’t have to be such a party pooper, Twilight. I was only having fun, that’s all!” Pinkie argued.

“You would’ve damaged my monitor, Pinkie!” shouted Twilight.

“Whoa, take it easy, Twilight. It is just Pinkie being Pinkie,” said Spike. “Come on, is it really all that surprising, seeing her act like this? She is meeting her other self after all.”

“He’s got a point, Twilight,” replied Sunset as she too pushed her Pinkie away from the computer monitor. “I mean, we did expect something like this to happen if these two ever met.”

Twilight sighed. “You’re right,” she said before turning toward the party pony. “I’m sorry, Pinkie. I didn’t mean to yell at you like that.”

“It’s okay, Twilight. You were just trying to keep your stuff intact, that’s all,” replied a still upbeat Pinkie Pie.

Starlight’s jaw dropped at the sight of her mentor so easily forgiving her friend. The party pony had nearly destroyed her equipment, yet Twilight forgave her in an instant. “Hey, Spike. Does this sort of thing usually happen with the girls?” she asked.

“They get into arguments occasionally, but in time, they’ll forgive one another and move on,” explained the baby dragon. “Friendships aren’t always perfect, Starlight. You’ll get into disagreements sometimes, but if you’ve really made such good friends, you can look past all that and still be good friends.”

“Huh, point taken.”

Suddenly, another beep came from out of Twilight’s computer, garnering the attention of everypony in the room. From their standpoint, it appeared as if the monitor had split in two. One half showed Sunset and the other Pinkie, while the other showed another black screen. But the latter quickly vanished as yet another girl appeared.

“Hey ya, AJ!” shouted the Pinkie counterpart. “So, glad you could join us!”

The girls, excluding Twilight and Spike, gasped at the sight of the other Applejack on the screen. “Howdy, girls. Ah hope Ah ain’t late fer the meetin’,” the cowgirl greeted as she tipped her hat upward.

“You arrived just in time, Applejack. Me and Pinkie have already established a connection to Twilight’s castle,” said Sunset. “Just take a look in front of your screen. I’m sure you can see the Princess and her friends just fine.”

The other Applejack smiled. “Ah can see ‘em alright! By golly, they really are just cute little ponies, ain’t they? Boy, if mah little sister were here with me, she’d probably fawn all over the entire screen.”

“Hey, who’re you calling cute?” shouted a disgruntled Rainbow Dash.

“Relax, Rainbow. Applejack’s reaction to us is expected of her,” explained Twilight.

“But I’m not cute!” Rainbow complained. “No pony calls me cute! Ever!”

“Easy there, Rainbow. Words like that will prevent ya from ever gettin’ stallion,” remarked pony AJ, whose remarked earned chuckles from the other girls. As their laughter died down, the farm pony turned to face her counterpart. “So, yer the other me Twi’ was talkin’ about, huh?”

“You betcha,” replied the other AJ. “By golly, so that’s what Ah look like as a pony! Ah gotta say, Ah didn’t think Ah’d look that great at first, but seein’ ya on mah screen here made me think twice. But… if yer like me, then that means ya like apples, right?”

Pony AJ smiled. “Course I like apples! They’re delicious, good for ya, and ya can make all kinds of sweets with ‘em. Like apple fritters fer example. By golly, does that treat warm mah heart. So good!”

“What about apple pie?”

“Candy apples?”

“Applesauce?”

“Apple clobbers?”

“Will you be quiet!” Rarity shouted in an unladylike reaction, which in turn threw everypony into a fit of laughter. As they settled down, however, multiple black boxes began to appear on Twilight’s computer monitor. Soon, several more human girls appeared, bearing sparkling resemblances of all of Twilight’s friends.

“Okay, Sunset, I’m here,” said the girl who starkly resembled Rainbow Dash. “You better hope that this experiment of yours is working. Cause right now I could be at the soccer field practicing my—whoa!”

The other Rainbow Dash froze as she and her pony duplicate stared at one another. “No way! Is that… another me?”

“Oh my gosh!” squealed pony Rainbow Dash. The sight of her counterpart made the young Pegasus squeeze her cheeks. “It’s another me! There’s really another me!”

“Aw, how cute!” cooed the second Fluttershy on the screen. “Rainbow, you’re pony self is the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen!”

Her comment caused both Rainbow Dashes to wince.

“I can say the same thing about you, Fluttershy,” said the other Rarity. “Such poise! Such elegance! I never would’ve imagined a horse would look so magnificent!”

Pony Futtershy’s wings plopped up as her cheeks flushed bright red upon hearing Rarity’s comment. “Oh, um, thank you,” she said, meekly.

“Oh, come now, darling. There’s no need to be shy. I’m simply telling the truth, that’s all. And… oh my goodness! Is that the pony version of me?” In an unladylike manner, the other Rarity squealed and slammed her forehead onto her monitor screen, causing her pony self to wince at the sight of something so uncouth.

“My goodness, darling, calm down,” said pony Rarity. “As much as I am glad to finally meet you, I don’t think you should be acting so… Pinkie-like.”

“Hey!” shouted both Pinkies.

Realizing her rather unladylike reaction, the other Rarity faked a cough as she slowly backed away from her screen. “Oh, dear. I am terribly sorry about that. I suppose I went a little bit overboard.”

“Don’t worry about it, Rarity. If it were anyone else, I’m pretty sure they’d have the same reaction as you,” replied a girl who bore resemblance to Twilight, aside from the pair of glasses she wore.

“Hello, other me,” greeted the Princess. “Glad to see that you decided to join us.”

“Glad to see that your internet is working, Princess,” Sci-Twi replied, bluntly. “Huh. So, this is how I look like as a pony.”

“Yup! Though you probably wouldn’t be an alicorn like I am.”

“So, you’re saying I’d look like a unicorn pony?”

“Most likely. Since you haven’t completed any great princess deed, it’d be best to assume you’d mirror my image before I made my ascension to the throne.”

“I see. Well, it’s good to finally meet the real… you, other me. And you girls as well. Gosh, if anyone would’ve told me three months ago, I’d be meeting a pony princess who looked like me and her friends, I’d call them insane. Yet, here I am.”

“Oh my gosh! It’s another Twilight, but with glasses!” shouted pony Pinkie Pie. “Hi glasses Twilight!”

Sci-Twi groaned. “Please, pony Pinkie, don’t call me that! It’s already bad enough that I have one nickname. I seriously don’t need another!”

“She’s right, other me. Glasses Twilight is such a long and boring nickname. You should just call her Sci-Twi instead. It’s short, sweet, and it rolls off the tongue,” suggested the other Pinkie Pie, whose comment only caused pony Pinkie to gasp.

“You’re right, other Pinkie. Sci-Twi sounds much better than glasses Twilight.” She then pointed her right hoof at the other Twilight, who appeared to be banging her head on her desk. “From now on, you’re gonna be called, Sci-Twi!”

Sci-Twi let out a loud groan as she slammed her forehead against her desk, causing Princess Twilight and Starlight to wince. Perhaps both Pinkies went a little too far with the nickname. Eventually, the girl stopped, but the girls could see a reddish lump growing on Sci-Twi’s forehead.

“I’m sorry about that,” she said as she straightened her glasses. “I, uh, didn’t mean to act so immaturely in front of you girls.”

“It’s okay other me,” replied Princess Twilight in an attempt to comfort her other self. “I know it’s difficult, dealing with friends whose attitude is opposite of yours. But if you are patient, you will begin to understand them. And eventually, that understanding will grow into a lasting friendship.”

“You think so?”

“Of course. Believe me, I went through the same thing you are going through right now. Especially with Pinkie’s antics.”

“Yeah, no kidding,” scoffed Rainbow Dash. “Didn’t you, Applejack, and Pinkie run into a hydra while you were out helping Fluttershy?”

“What?” shouted both Starlight and Sunset. “A hydra?”

“C-can we not talk about that, please?” asked a now jittering Twilight Sparkle. “That really wasn’t one of my proudest moments.”

“Ya think?” said pony Applejack, bluntly.

Sunset sighed. “Look, as much as I’d like to hear that story, can we put it off for another time? I’d like to get this chat started so that the girls can get acquainted with their pony selves.”

Twilight nodded in agreement as she was the first to address the ponies and their counterparts. She spoke for what seemed to be hours until both Rainbow Dashes abruptly stopped her after the Princess mentioned Equestrian history. Not wanting to waste time in history lessons, the two brash individuals took over the conversation, comparing their apparent awesomeness and the achievements they’ve accomplished. When they were done, the conversation passed down to Twilight’s other friends.

One by one, the ponies and their counterparts spoke about their livelihoods, their families, and their accomplishments. A few noted that some of their lives mirrored one another, while others realized that some of them have already achieved their dreams. But as their conversation continued, two bystanders in Twilight’s castle watched in silence.

“Looks like they are having fun, huh Starlight?” said Spike.

“Y-yeah, they are,” replied the mare as she observed the conversation between the Princess, her friends, and their other selves. “It must be nice, knowing there’s another you out there who’s just as successful as you are.”

Spike blinked. “Hey, is that a hint of jealousy I heard, Starlight?” he asked, which only caused the mare to sigh.

“I dunno, maybe? It’s just that, seeing those girls talk with one another made me think. Where is my other self? And how is she doing in that other world?”

“Who knows,” Spike bluntly replied. “But to be honest with you, I don’t think you should worry about it. There really isn’t any point in thinking about your counterpart when you haven’t even met her yet! So instead of worrying about somepony you don’t know, why not just focus on yourself and learn from Twilight? I mean, if you can’t change the way you are now, then what’s the point in worrying about someone you don’t even know exists?”

Starlight’s eyes widened. “Uh, wow. That’s a really mature thing of you to say, Spike. Who taught you that? Twilight?”

“Eh, not really. When I’m bored, I read some of the books in Twilight’s library. But only if I have nothing else to read.”

“Does Twilight know you are reading them?”

“No, but don’t tell her okay. I think she’ll go nuts if she finds out I’m reading some of her books. And by nuts, I mean she’ll literally force me to read more boring books.”

Starlight chuckled. “Oh, I’d like to see that.”

“Trust me, you don’t,” replied Spike as he took another glance at the other girls. “Looks like they are about to wrap things up. You want to say goodbye before Sunset and the others leave?”

Starlight smiled. “Sure, why not.”

Author's Note:

Uh, finally. I got this done. This took me some time to finish, but here it is. No reaction to any viral videos this time. It's just the main six seeing their human counterparts.

In the next chapter, we're gonna have one of the ponies play a video game. I already decided on the game, but if you want to make some recommendations, let me know in the comments.