• Published 27th May 2017
  • 957 Views, 138 Comments

Rose's Broken Soul - MorningRose



a semi true story based of my life. the story is about a transmare and all the suffering and pain she went through to be happy and accepted . even being reunited with an old friend.

  • ...
49
 138
 957

Family

As Rarity finished speaking Doctor caring heart comes in saying " Well i see your friends have filled you in on everything that happened. Except for the part where you are now biologically a filly. It seems that when you got your cutie mark so much magic was released that it changed your body to match your soul and allow you to follow your cutie mark. Though how it happened i can't even begin to explain. As far as i know you are the first pony that getting a cutie mark has physically changed them. But you are free to check out of the hospital."

Rose then says to her friends and the doctor "Thank you all so much. Pinkie could you throw me a housewarming/welcome to Ponyville/ Cutecennerra party for say tomorrow?"

Pinkie's eyes go super wide as she says "Of course i can Rose. It is going to be the best party ever and will be so awesome."

Rose then turns to Twilight and says " Twilight could you have Spike send a letter to Princess Celestia asking her to have a guard meet us at the train station in Canterlot. It is time i stand up to my so called father. I am also not willing to lose my mother and brother over this, though i still might. Also since my parent's won't believe I'm their child without somepony to back me up so will you come with me?"

Twilight smiling calls out to Spike who was outside the room and says "Spike i know you heard Rose's request, so will you send that letter to Celestia like Rose asked. As for if i will come with you Rose of course i will."

Spike having sent the message the moment Rose had asked says "It's already done Twi."

All of a sudden a note appeared out of green flames. Rose seeing it addressed to her takes the note and reads out loud " Rose of course you may borrow a guard. However I will also be joining you. Mainly to reassure them that it is the truth and to keep you safe. Sincerely yours the Sun Princess Celestia. P.S. We will be there in two hours."

Rose upon finishing the note immediately checked out of the hospital with Twilight at her side. Two hours pass and the train pulls into the Canterlot train station.

As Rose and Twilight file out of the train they see Celestia and a guard Twilight recognizes as Gleaming Shield standing to the side waiting for them.

Celestia upon seeing the two mares says " Twilight, Rose it is so good to see you again. Though i do wish it was under better circumstances."

Rose, Twilight, Celestia and Gleaming start to walk to Rose's parent's house. Rose says while they walk "Thank you so much for this Princess Celestia and thank you as well Gleaming. Though i have suffered i wouldn't change a thing."

As the group of friends approach the house Celestia says " Your very welcome my dear Rose."

Rose upon reaching the door starts to have a panic attack. That is until Twilight gave her a hug. As she calmed down she raised her hoof and knocked three times.

Rose waited for somepony to answer while she tried to hide behind Celestia and failed. A couple minutes later the door was opened by Rose's mom who looked like she was crying. rose upon seeing her mother hurting started to tear up but held them back.

When Emerald opened the door she said in a sad tone of voice "Hello. how can i help you?" But when she noticed that there was a royal guard, two princesses and a mare she didn't recognize she immediately bowed and said " Princess Twilight, Princess Celestia Wh-What are you doing here of all places. no offense."

Celestia just chuckles as Twilight says "Well Emerald we are here to discuss something important with you, your husband and Slant. It is about your oldest son and my oldest friend Rhyme. So can we come in?"

Emerald worriedly says " Of course. My husband and my youngest were just finishing their dinner. Follow me." As Emerald leads them down the hall and into the dining room she says "Solid and Slant we have four special guests. It's two of the princesses, a royal guard and an unknown mare."

As Celestia, Twilight, Gleaming and Rose enter the dining room they see Solid and Slant looking worried.

Celestia being the least nervous says " Solid we are here to talk about what you did to Rhyme Script. Thanks to you he almost died. If not for Twilight and her friends he would be. However if you hadn't chased him to a certain town he wouldn't be the lovely mare she is now. You see this mare here is or should i say was Rhyme. But when she got her cutie mark there was a burst of magic that can't be explained for sure. It changed her body to match her soul and destiny."

As soon as Celestia finished talking Rose stepped forward and says " Hello mom, dad and little brother. I've missed you."

Slant looking confused says " Why did you run away brother? What is this about dad almost killing you?"

Rose sadly looks at her brother and says " I guess they never told you the truth. I however will tell you what happened. First i didn't run away. I was chased away by our so called father. You see the night i assume they say i ran away well that night while you were asleep I went and told our parent's that for as long as i can remember i have always wanted to be a filly. You see growing up with Twilight as my only friend it held off the feelings. However they were still there. So i took to taking walks at night. One night while i was out on my walk i came across a dress. I took it home and put it on. While wearing it i felt nearly complete. After i told our parent's dad grabbed a knife and stabbed me in the chest, dislocated my right forehoof and broke one of my wings. I escaped to the Canterlot cliffs and jumped. I was found by one of Twilight's friends. She took me to her house and bandaged my stab wound. After that she had her brother keep an eye on me while she went to get the doctor. After i told Twilight what happened she went to Celestia and got a healing potion for my stab wound. After i took the potion i said goodbye to Twilight's friends and got a place of my own. Once i had a home I went to see Twilight and her other friend who made me this dress. While i was modeling the dress i was happy and complete. Like this was what i was meant to do. When i realized that all of a sudden was a flash of rainbow colored magic from my body and i passed out. When i awoke in the hospital i was told what happened by Twilight and her friends. Except for the part where i was now a filly biologically. So now you know the whole story."

Rose having looked away while she told her brother what happened turns and looks at her brother to see to her surprise a look of knowing on her brothers face. As rose was about to ask slant about what he knew she was stopped by a raised hoof.

Slant having heard what his sister had gone through says "Rhyme. No Rose my sister. I have always known you wanted to be and always were a filly and sister to me. You see one day when you were very sick you said you wanted to be a filly in your sleep. But even before that you always looked happier when you were doing girly stuff like playing dress up or playing with dolls. When you saw that dress on your nightly walks it wasn't abandoned. I had ordered it for you. Whenever i saw you sneak out of the house in it you had a look of complete and utter peace on your face."

"Slant you got me that dress that i loved? You always knew what i was. Why didn't you ever talk to me about it,?"inquires Rose starting to break down into tears.

Slant looking guilty and feeling bad sadly says " Yes sis i did get you that dress. I didn't say anything because i didn't want to risk your friendship. You mean everything to me. After all you are my older sister. I knew you were suffering from Twilight leaving you alone. When i saw the look of pure pain on your face i knew i had to do something. Especially after you tried to drown yourself. I knew i had to do something or i would lose my sister. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself knowing i could've done something to help. Since i knew your approximate measurements i went to a dress store and found the dress i was looking for. Later that night i left it along your path and watched as you took it home. Once you were home and you put it on i saw only happiness and confidence on your face."

Rose having calmed down during her brother's story says " Thank you my little brother. I am so grateful to have you as a sibling."

Rose then turning to glare at her mother asks " Mother i need to know. Why didn't you stop my so called father from trying to kill me. You do realize that i had to jump off a bucking cliff with a broken wing don't you? You just sat there on your bed doing nothing."

Emerald up to this point had stayed silent and she would've stayed silent except she knew she had to answer her daughter. So taking a deep breath she says " Rose the truth is i was just so surprised and happy in a good way. You see i always wanted a daughter. However i ended up with two lovely sons or so i thought. When you told me and your father you wanted to be a filly and one day a mare i thought finally i have a daughter. I am sorry for not protecting you and i hope one day you can forgive me."

Rose smiling goes over to her mother and says " I forgive you mommy. I guess it was unexpected and i don't want to lose you. Though i can't live in Canterlot because of the memories i will stay in contact with"

As Rose was talking to her mother her father lunged at her cutting her off. However Gleaming being as fast as she is had stopped him with a hoof to his stomach.

Celestia and Twilight having witnessed his barbaric act says " Mister Solid Script you have a choice. You can either accept your daughter as the wonderful filly she is or be sentenced to tartarus for the rest of your life for attempted murder. What will it be?"

Solid looking like a demon says " I shall never accept him. He is a freak and monster. If i knew what he would become i would've killed him when he was a foal. He is a abomination that should be destroyed."

Rose upon hearing her fathers words leaves the room on the verge of tears. Once she was in the hallway she broke down and cried her heart out. She couldn't believe her father hated her that much.

When Emerald saw Rose leaving on the verge of tears she lost control of her anger and yelled like a demon possessed " Solid you are an evil piece of shit and as of this moment you are no longer my husband. You have hurt our daughter. I can forgive your anger and even your alcoholism. But to say what you did to our daughter can never be forgiven. Rose is a pure and kind soul. She helps others and is loyal to her friend and family. She is like freshly fallen snow. You however is are completely evil. You are no longer part of this family and if you ever come near us again i will kill you."

Celestia and Twilight were shocked at how terrifying Emerald could be. However Celestia being the first to recover says " Solid Script you are hereby sentenced to life in tartarus. However once a year Luna, Twilight, Cadence and myself will interview you under a truth spell and should you truly come to regret what you did to your daughter and have changed for the better we will release you. Should you try to escape we will know and i will sentence you to death. It is a sad day when a parent can't see the lovely children they have. Especially a pony like Rose who has suffered and tried to end her own life. It is only because of Twilight that she didn't descend into depression from which there is no return."

Celestia turns to look at Emerald and Slant and asks " Before i banish him to tartarus is there anything you would like to say?"

Emerald just shook her head. Slant however steeped forward and said "Actually yes i do have something to say to him." Slant turning to his father says with malice and hatred that surpassed his mother's " If you ever so much as look at my sister or think about hurting her i will personally make you wish you were dead. She is my sister and she means more to me than anything. Because my beliefs are that family stick together. Unless of course a family member tried to kill their own family. Because then they are no longer family and should be put to death. Rose is my sister and even though she is older than me i am very protective of her. I will die to save her. That is all Solid. Goodbye forever."

Celestia turns back to Solid and opens a portal to tartarus. Once the portal was open she says" Push him in Gleaming Shield."

Upon hearing the order Gleaming pushes Solid into the portal. Once that was done Celestia had a huge grin on her face.

As Rose returned to her family and friends she thought out loud "Even though my father didn't accept me the rest of my family did and that is enough. I'm surprised my younger brother knew."

Rose enters the dining room and sees that her father is missing. Fearing that he might be behind her she turns around seeing nopony there. As Rose turns to her mother she asks in a panicky and terrified voice "Wh-wh-where is m-my father?"

Twilight recognizing the terrified tone of voice goes over to Rose and gives her a hug saying " Your so called father and i use father loosely has been sent to tartarus. He will never be able to hurt you again."

Rose relaxing from both the information and the hug asks " Is that true? Is he really gone?"

Emerald being the fastest to answer says with happiness " It is true. Also he is no longer your father. After what he said to you i told him we were no longer married. Among other things."

Slant excitedly says "Oh yeah. You should've seen her sis. She was absolutely amazing."

"Well since he's gone i can tell you were i am living. I am living in Ponyville. I bought a nice house for two hundred bits. Also before anypony asks where i got the money it was part of my allowance that i saved growing up," explains Rose with a smile on her face.