• Published 25th May 2017
  • 535 Views, 4 Comments

Ponies Playing Games - qwefg



The mane six try to get together for a weekly activity, but Trixie offers to help host their next activity.

  • ...
1
 4
 535

Bits and Bullets

Twilight looked at the table as Trixie was setting up one of her board games. The rest of the girls wanted to try something different tonight so Twilight asked Starlight for some help who in turned asked Trixie for help.

The girls entered into the room as Rainbow Dash replied “It’s your week to pick the activity. What did you pick?”

Trixie shouted out in joy “Twilight asked for the Great and Powerful Trixie to help for tonight’s activity.”

Applejack frowned “You mean you’re doing a magic show?”

Trixie huffed in slight annoyance “No… this time you’re going to put on a show for me.” The girls started to get ready to argue until Trixie held up a hoof “All of you are going to play… Bits and Bullets!”

Everypony looked at the table in confusion as there was a deck of cards. A few foam guns and a cardboard box of ponies running around with bags full of bits.

Rarity rubbed her chin “How exactly do you play?”

Trixie smirked as she picked up one of the foam guns and explained “To keep this game simple there are going to be six rounds. At the start of each round loot in place on the table equal to the number of players. Then each pony plays a bullet card.”

Two cards were lifted up into the air. One card had the picture of a gun releasing a comical ‘bang’ sign and the other revealing a pony jumping up and down as they held their hoof.

“If you play a click card nothing happens.” Trixie placed the comical bang card onto the table “Of course if you play a bang card than the opposing play takes one wound and they don’t get any of the loot.” She placed the second card down “Of course you can always bow out of the fight… you won’t get shot, but you don’t get any loot either.”

Rainbow flew over to one of the toy guns “So the mare with the most loot wins the game?”

“Yes… but each piece of loot is worth a different amount of bits.” Trixie explained “And the ‘godmare’ is allowed to tell one pony to point their gun at somepony else. The ‘godmare’ is also the one who gets first pick of the loot and then the loot is distributed clockwise to everypony else.”

Pinkie Pie was already sitting in the table with a gangster outfit as she replied “Pinkie Cannon ready to be the godmare! For tonight… we shall be breaking into the Cookie Factory!”

Applejack shrugged “Well we might as well give it a try.”

The other girls nodded as they took their respective seats at the table. Trixie gave out six bullet cards to everypony as she stood by to help play referee if needed. Once the first cards were dealt out Everypony glanced at their hand only for applejack to shout for joy.

Rainbow frowned as Applejack got to by the ‘godmare’ for the game.

Six pieces of loot were placed onto the table as Trixie said “Remember if you get shot you don’t get any loot. Each of you have two shots, and four blanks. If you get shot three times your character is out of the game.”

Applejack nodded her head “Alright… three, two one.”

Pinkie Pie pointed her gun at Rarity who was pointing at Twilight who also had her gun pointing at Pinkie Pie. Applejack and Rainbow Dash each had their gun pointing at each other as Fluttershy was pointing her gun as Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie frowned “Et true girls?”

Twilight shrugged “I just picked somepony at random.”

Rarity nodded her head “I just thought Nopony else would aim at Twilight.”

Applejack shook her head “Fluttershy! Point yours at Rainbow Dash.”

“What!” Rainbow shouted.

Fluttershy did as she was told as Trixie said “You know you could have had Rainbow point her’s to somepony else.”

Applejack chuckled “Yes, but now is she willing to risk two possible shots taken at her?”

Rainbow smirked “Or you could back out?”

Trixie shook her head “If Nopony lays their gun down at the count of three then the bullets fly. Three, two, one.”

“Ow!” Applejack shouted as a small suction cup hit her nose.

“Ow!” Rarity replied as one hit her in the side.

“Ow!” Rainbow shouted as two struck her forehead.

Trixie looked at the toy guns and rubbed her chin “I think I forgot to ask Discord to disenchant the guns after our last session.” Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity frowned as they stared at her “Oh well. Twilight, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie each get to pick from the pile. Rainbow you have one wound left meaning if you get shot one more time your character is out of the game.”

Rainbow glanced at Fluttershy “Why did you have your gun loaded?”

Fluttershy hid behind her hair as she replied “Well I thought it would be best to get rid of the bullets early.”

Trixie nodded her head “Anypony not shot gets loot. Loot is spread around the table clockwise from the ‘godmare’ so Pinkie gets first pick since Rarity was shot.”

Applejack chuckled “One shot left Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow shook her head “So four bullets down and eight bullets left.”

Trixie chuckled “The loot may contain a bullet.”

Rainbow sighed “Okay who got an extra bullet?”

Pinkie smirked as she hid behind her cards as she replied “I’ll never tell.”

Rarity shook her head “She’s just pretending to have the extra bullet… isn’t she?”

Round Two

The loot was placed out in front of the table once again. Each pony glanced at each other trying to figure out who they would aim for. Pinkie glanced from side to side as she had already placed her card for the round. Twilight glanced at Rarity before glancing at Applejack who despite the bullet seemed rather smug with her ‘safety’ call.

Trixie smirked “Three, two, one.”

“What!” Applejack shouted as she had her gun pointed at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Twilight all had their guns pointed at Applejack. Rarity had her gun pointed at Pinkie Pie.

Trixie chuckled “Oh… four guns and you can only point one of them away. Which one might have a bullet?”

Applejack bit her lip “Can I point at somepony else if I tell Rainbow to point at somepony else?”

Trixie shook her head “You can’t do that.”

Applejack looked at Twilight, then Pinkie Pie… and finally Fluttershy “Fluttershy point your gun at… Twilight!”

“What!” Twilight shouted.

Applejack nodded her head “You can back out or get risked getting shot Twi!”

Pinkie glanced at Rarity “You’re not going to shoot are you?”

The white mare smirked “Why it would be only fair after you shot me.”

Trixie grinned as she rubbed her hooves together “Three…”

“Wait we need a bit more time!” Applejack replied

“Two…” Trixie continued

Rainbow smirked “You could always back out Applejack.”

“One…” Trixie slowly replied as she drew it out.

At that exact moment all the guns went off. Rainbow laughed in triumph as nothing hit her. Pinkie sighed in relief as Rarity’s was a blank. Twilight opened her eyes as she was relieved that Fluttershy hadn’t loaded her gun this round.

Applejack frowned as one dart was stuck on the end of her nose. The other was stuck in the middle of her hat “So who gets to be the godmare now?”

Trixie shrugged “It goes around clockwise… anypony can pick, but they’ll have to skip out on one go around for loot.”

“Godmare!” Rarity shouted right off the bat.

Loot passed out Trixie watched Applejack sigh as she left the table to take a seat near Trixie.

Trixie chuckled “One out and no new wounds. Rarity has yet to spend a bullet. Pinkie spent two. Rainbow spent two. Twilight spent none and Fluttershy spent one.”

Round Three

Trixie rubbed her chin “So who do you think is going to be the next victim Applejack?”

Applejack shrugged “I’m out of the game so does it matter?”

Trixie nodded her head “Of course it does. The ponies in the peanut gallery need to be the ones commenting on their actions and of course tainting them.”

Twilight glanced at the empty seat as she had full wounds and three loot. Rainbow shifted about with her zero bullets, one loot, and of course one wound. Fluttershy had three loot one bullet and full wounds… and Pinkie Pie had one loot, no bullets, and four treasure.

Rarity had one loot, two bullets, two wounds… and one saving/boss order. She glanced at everypony as she remembered how easily Applejack was taken out when she only had two wounds.

Trixie started to countdown “Three… two… one…”

All the toy guns went up as Rarity shook her head “Really? Nopony thought to aim at Rainbow Dash?”

Fluttershy was aiming at Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash, Twilight, and Pinkie Pie were aiming at Rarity. Rarity of course was aiming at Fluttershy since the yellow mare seemed to avoid being targeted the last two rounds.

Rarity rubbed a hoof through her mane as she looked at Twilight “Twilight, be a dear and aim at Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow groaned “Come on!”

Rarity just simple smirked “Both you and Pinkie spent your rounds before this turn. Twilight has only used ‘click’ cards… that’s a fifty, fifty chance of you getting kicked out of the Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow frowned as she glanced at Twilight as Applejack chuckled “Twi hasn’t loaded her gun yet… but do you really want to risk it Rainbow?”

Trixie nodded her head “That’s the spirit.”

Rainbow glanced at Rarity “Do you really think both our guns are empty?”

Rarity rolled her eyes “You get shot you walk out and both of you already used your rounds already.”

Trixie clapped her hooves “Okay everypony! Three, two…”

Fluttershy put down her gun as Rarity smirked. Rainbow glanced back at Rarity and at Twilight. Pinkie Pie kept grinning as she was no longer targeted.

“One!” Trixie shouted

“Ow!” Rarity shouted in surprise as a dart was stuck on the end of her horn.

Rainbow sighed in relief as Twilight chuckled nervously. Pinkie Pie was jumping up and down in joy as apparently she did have an extra bullet.

Trixie chuckled “Rarity you don’t get any loot and you have one wound. Fluttershy doesn’t get any, but she still has full wounds… as Rarity bluffed her out of her share with an empty round.”

Applejack whistled “Pinkie full wounds, three spent bullets, and five treasure now since one of those pieces was an extra bullet. Rainbow sitting at three treasure, two spent shells and one wound.”

Trixie nodded her head “Fluttershy with five loot, one spent shell and full wounds. Of course Twilight has not spent any bullets, while having four treasure and full wounds. Leaving Rarity with one loot, no spent shells and one wound left.”

Round Four

Twilight glanced at the girls who were now staring at her nervously. She looked down at her cards as she only had one ‘click’ card left and two bullets. She was going to have to pick a bullet card soon.

Fluttershy looked back at Pinkie Pie as Rarity was defiantly planning on targeting the pink mare since she was the source of all her wounds. She had yet to use her second bullet… Was it better to go for Twilight or to aim at Pinkie Pie?

Rainbow glanced at Pinkie as she did have a lot of loot… was it possible she had another bullet card? She glanced at Rarity as she wasn’t sure if the white marshmallow would try having another pony take aim at her.

Rarity looked at the other four ponies as she only had one wound left. She looked back and forth between Twilight and Fluttershy… who would try to take the shot?

Applejack shook her head “You know I’m almost glad I was taken out early. So who do you think is most likely to win?”

Trixie chuckled “Twilight has it good since she does have full health and bullets… but is she trying to save her bullets for the final round or is she going to try to take another pony out? Pinkie is playing fast and furious. Each round she used a bullet, but does she still have any left?”

Applejack nodded her head “Fluttershy seems the most likely to win… and what was with the funny icons on the cards? The bag of bits, paintings, and the gems?”

Trixie held a hoof to her mouth “I didn’t explain?”

Applejack nodded once again “So what are they?”

Trixie chuckled “Near the end of the game you add all the treasure up. Gems are worth the most. Paintings are second… and bits just have the value listed on the card. Of course the value first two cards are worth even more if you have copies them.”

She smirked as she glanced at the table “But I think we due for another draw… Three…two…one…”

Rarity aimed her toy gun at Rainbow Dash who had her toy gun aimed at Twilight. Pinkie Pie gasp as Fluttershy and Twilight were aiming at her. The pink pony currently had her toy gun pointing at Rarity.

Rarity glanced at Rainbow Dash “Rainbow… aim your gun at Pinkie.”

Rainbow smirked “So that means you have a ‘click’ loaded. Otherwise you would have Pinkie Pie aim at somepony else.”

Twilight shook her head “Really? You were aiming at me?”

Rainbow Dash shrugged “You have two bullets Twi.”

Pinkie looked at the rest of the crowd “You are really going to try to aim at me?”

Fluttershy shrugged “Well you did shoot Rarity twice. You could always back down if you want too.”

Twilight chuckled nervously “I haven’t aimed at you yet.”

Rainbow laughed out loud “That’s your reason?”

Twilight panicked as she shouted “I’m trying to be fair! Everypony gets one round being targeted! I even mixed up the cards and placed them on the table so even I wouldn’t know if it’s a ‘click’ card or a bullet card!”

Pinkie looked back at Twilight “You don’t know which card you placed down.”

Twilight rubbed the back of her head “That why it would be fair and nopony would think badly if they had the bullet card aimed at them.”

Pinkie glanced back at Fluttershy only for Trixie to count “Three…two…one”

Pinkie looked back at everypony else “Oh drat.”

“Ow!” Rainbow and Pinkie shouted

Rarity smirked as she replied “Sorry, but I needed to cut down on the competition.”

Rainbow shook her head “Darn it!”

Pinkie sighed as she pulled the three darts off her face “Three? All of you were loaded?”

“Sorry. You had three wounds so I thought one wouldn’t hurt you too much.” Fluttershy meekly apologized

Rainbow shook her head “I got one from the loot.”

Applejack chuckled “Welp now it’s down between Fluttershy and Twilight.”

Trixie shook her head “Rarity could still make it back up. Three ponies and six pieces of loot. If she can back two of them out then she could get six pieces in one turn.”

Rainbow nodded her head “Well hopefully they’ll team up on her.”

Rarity sighed “Upset that I still shot you?”

Pinkie crossed her hooves “I still can’t believe everypony was loaded. Still I guess Rarity was the reason why I was knocked out since Dash was targeting Twilight.”

Round Five

Twilight looked at Fluttershy before looking back at Rarity. Everypony knew that Twilight had one bullet and one ‘click’ card. Fluttershy Rarity looked back at both of her opponents who had more health, loot, and possibly more bullets.

Trixie looked back at the fallen players “Let’s start the count.”

“Three.” Applejack spoke as she watched the remaining players.

“Two.” Rainbow Dash replied

Rarity looked back at Trixie “I can tell her to put the gun down if it’s just her and me right?”

Trixie rubbed her chin “Huh… It never really got down to two players for before.”

“One!” Pinkie shouted in joy

Rarity had her toy gun pointed at Fluttershy as she replied “Twilight aim at Fluttershy!”

Now Twilight was aiming at Fluttershy who was aiming at Rarity who was of course aiming at Twilight completing the triangle.

Rarity smiled as she glanced at Fluttershy “Fifty, fifty.”

“Oh… the suspense is killing me!” Pinkie Pie shouted

Rainbow flew over the table “So who has their gun loaded and who doesn’t?”

Twilight spoke in a calm tone “Keep the gun pointed at Rarity.”

Rarity placed a hoof on her chest “Really Twilight?”

Twilight nodded her head “You did give Rainbow Dash the false impression that she wouldn’t be shot.”

Rarity shook her head “Ah, but I didn’t say that it wasn’t loaded. She just assumed that it wasn’t loaded.”

Trixie sighed “Alright! Three, Two, One!”

Click, Click, Bang.

Rarity looked at the dart in the side of her chest “Yours was loaded?”

Fluttershy shrugged “I had two extra bullets from the loot pile.”

Rainbow laughed “Rarity is out!”

Round Six

Trixie took a deep breath “For the final round there is no ‘godmare’ since it really won’t matter since there are only two of you left. Fluttershy and Twilight… you both have full wounds and seven treasure. Twilight has one bullet she has yet to spend.”

Twilight held up a hoof “Do we have to raise a gun during that time?”

Fluttershy nodded her head “So you want to just split the rest of the take? Just see which pony has the most bits in the end?”

Twilight smiled “Leave it to chance to decide who wins or loses.”

Fluttershy sighed in relief “That would make the final round less stressful.”

Applejack shook her head “So now it’s all down to chance.”

Rainbow nodded her head “So where is that book that tells how much the treasure was worth?”

Rarity rubbed her face with her hoof “I can’t believe that I didn’t get an extra bullet.”

Pinkie Pie hugged her friends “Well it was fun.”

Trixie smirked “It’s not over just yet… Three…”

Twilight left her toy gun on the table “It’s down to just a coin toss.”

“Two…” Trixie continued with a growing smirk

“Fifty, Fifty.” Fluttershy replied

“One…” Trixie finished with a sadistic glee.

Bang

“Ow!” Twilight shouted as she looked back at Fluttershy in shock.

Fluttershy wore a guilty smile as she replied “one extra bullet. That means six loot vs seven loot.”

Trixie thrust her hoof up in the air as she shouted “Three time reigning champion of Bits and Bullets mares!”

“What!” all the girls shouted.

Fluttershy rubbed the back of her head “Sorry… it’s just Angel Bunny likes this game… and it’s hard to find a game that both Angle Bunny and Discord like to play and they prefer to have it as a challenge… sorry if I surprised you Twilight when I got caught up in the final countdown.”

Twilight glanced back at Trixie “You knew!”

Trixie nodded her head “And I was loving every second of it!”

Twilight tugged on her mane as she looked back down at her cards once again “Maybe I can still win? I mean I have five gems, one painting…”

Fluttershy revealed her hand “I now have seven gems, three paintings, and two bags of bits.”

Trixie chuckled “Better luck next time Twilight!”

Twilight swiftly turned towards Trixie glaring at her in anger only to notice the show mare had disappeared. Twilight teleported out of the room trying to find where Trixie had escaped to as the rest of the girls looked at the table.

Applejack nodded her head “Well it was different… and kind of fun to make fun off when you’re out of the game.”

Rainbow nodded her head “I really felt the pressure when everypony knew I didn’t have any bullets and had only one wound.”

Pinkie chuckled “Maybe using every single bullet right off the bat wasn’t the best idea.”

Rarity smiled as she looked back at the table “It was kind of fun that we just took it as a game and didn’t hold a grudge when somepony lost.”

Fluttershy looked at the rest of her friends “Want to try another game… or see if Trixie has any other games that might be interesting?”

Trixie reappeared in the center of the room “I have plenty of old games in my…”

“Trixie!” Twilight shouted from outside.

Trixie shook her head “Didn’t think she would realize I used an invisibility spell since I haven’t mastered teleportation… Call me if you want me to set up something in the future!”

Trixie ran out of the room as Twilight ran into the room and tried to catch up with her.

Rainbow Dash rubbed her chin “So… do you think she’s mad that she lost… or that Trixie knew how this game would end?”

Pinkie Pie placed a hoof on Rainbow Dash’s shoulder “Sometimes it's best not to ask those questions… Oh! I’m the ‘godmare’ now! This is going to be fun!”

Author's Note:

Just random story idea based on

Guns and Cash!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jmAtj0GRC2Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Comments ( 4 )

How about the classic Truth or Dare?

Trixie picks a game just to watch them play it... that both sums this chapter up and yet it is much better than it sounds.

I would suggest Betrayal at House on the Hill if you do another chapter

I see qwefg, i upvote. :moustache:

Can you make another board game story?

Login or register to comment